• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of looking forward to The First Curse now. Seeing as how you can't rapid fire hand cannons the low fire rate might not be a big deal.

Why are people killing Atheon all of a sudden?!

What did he do to deserve this?

I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain.

Siaynoqq

Just earned my first exotic sword right before armsday. Totally unintentional.

(I miss when I used to know everything about this game)

GorillaJu

Is there like, a really reliable way to get blue engrams/blue guns besides just playing and hoping over time? I don't want to pay 150 marks for a legendary sniper just so I can disassemble it for the Hunter gunsmith quest.

DarKshodaN

I hope that i get the next step for the no time to explain mission after the reset.

That's a weapon i would actually use, so i am pretty exited for it

Shito

I think I agree with Hawkian on those special events: I quite enjoy the fact that Bungie releases them progressively like that, because it leaves us "the 1%ers" things to do and it's a nice surprise motivation to log in. I didn't intend on playing Destiny this week, so yesterday's quest was a welcomed change of plans for me, and I really liked revisiting our good old pal Atheon -- it also felt good seeing how much stronger we became, easily wiping him in two flawless and very laid back rotations with a group of 6 micless gaffers...
BUT, the idea of locking those cool events behind the dailies is a bit of a stupid thing, and it goes waaay against their desire of making Destiny less of a job. They should either copy the "whole community is working on a massive counter" mechanism, or make it so once a secret is discovered during a daily, it unlocks for the standard heroic version of it, so that people with a less flexible life than the majority of us here can still participate and get their sweet exotics.
You have the right idea, Bungie, but the execution could still use a bit of refinement.

Why are people killing Atheon all of a sudden?!

What did he do to deserve this?
12030426_101536351920agqif.jpg

I think I agree with Hawkian on those special events: I quite enjoy the fact that Bungie releases them progressively like that, because it leaves us "the 1%ers" things to do and it's a nice surprise motivation to log in. I didn't intend on playing Destiny this week, so yesterday's quest was a welcomed change of plans for me, and I really liked revisiting our good old pal Atheon -- it also felt good seeing how much stronger we became, easily wiping him in two flawless and very laid back rotations with a group of 6 micless gaffers...
BUT, the idea of locking those cool events behind the dailies is a bit of a stupid thing, and it goes waaay against their desire of making Destiny less of a job. They should either copy the "whole community is working on a massive counter" mechanism, or make it so once a secret is discovered during a daily, it unlocks for the standard heroic version of it, so that people with a less flexible life than the majority of us here can still participate and get their sweet exotics.
You have the right idea, Bungie, but the execution could still use a bit of refinement.

I agree with this.

As things stand it's a punishment for the people who can't log in exactly when Bungie want you to.

That shouldn't be the case at all so I agree that there's some refinement needed.

MrS

Banned
Because rockets kill you in the bubble. SS beam goes right through.
Exactly. So why would anybody think you couldn't use Sleeper? Seems pretty obvious.

I used it last night and it fucking BURNS him. Ridiculous how quickly he goes down.

rc213

Mayhem Rumble is fun as a Gunslinger, Taking out a Sunbro followed by a Storm tracer with a few stragglers getting hit by the explosion/keyhole/trip mine. 3 matches, 3 wins, top scorer twice. Easy 30 marks!

Now what to buy as i have acquired all year 2 guns so maybe some yr2 gear?

GlamFM

Banned
Exactly. So why would anybody think you couldn't use Sleeper? Seems pretty obvious.

I used it last night and it fucking BURNS him. Ridiculous how quickly he goes down.

Could have reflected on the surface...

You can totally kill yourself with the SS - look what just happened to me:

3o0Zn3k.gif

glaurung

Ran two raids yesterday - did Bungie lower the item drop levels? Before the last patch, I got 309 and 310 weapons, 306 ghosts and so on. Yesterday - 304 at best. What a gip.

GorillaJu

Daily reset has happened and I dont have the NTTE quest from Lakshmi. Looks like it might be a wait until the next time Paradox is a daily!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom