• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexNovis

Banned
I'll join if you need one more. Whole Raid or just Atheon? Because I don't have a checkpoint, but VoG is a piece of piss to run.

Well we need checkpoint. If you know somebody with the checkpoint that'd be awesome. Otherwise we will need to burn through the raid. Join party chat on tehSlacker

Cade

How stupid a time gate this is. I didn't turn in my shell the first time Paradox popped up because I wasn't sure we were supposed to turn it in then, so I turned it in yesterday and now I'm boned until whenever? Excellent. Ditto for the people who did it the first time yesterday.

Okay, what's the point of the gunsmith orders?

You just get a bunch of 280 weapons, which are pretty worthless, or am I missing something?

Why would I continue to test prototypes if I can already place orders?

Inthrall got the First Curse. Says it looks like a PvE weapon on first glance but haven't tried it out yet.

Well we need checkpoint. If you know somebody with the checkpoint that'd be awesome. Otherwise we will need to burn through the raid

I have the CP. Doing the Daily Crucible now but can load it up after this match if you still need it.

Bradach

Kind of looking forward to The First Curse now. Seeing as how you can't rapid fire hand cannons the low fire rate might not be a big deal.

I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain.

I think I agree with Hawkian on those special events: I quite enjoy the fact that Bungie releases them progressively like that, because it leaves us "the 1%ers" things to do and it's a nice surprise motivation to log in. I didn't intend on playing Destiny this week, so yesterday's quest was a welcomed change of plans for me, and I really liked revisiting our good old pal Atheon -- it also felt good seeing how much stronger we became, easily wiping him in two flawless and very laid back rotations with a group of 6 micless gaffers...
BUT, the idea of locking those cool events behind the dailies is a bit of a stupid thing, and it goes waaay against their desire of making Destiny less of a job. They should either copy the "whole community is working on a massive counter" mechanism, or make it so once a secret is discovered during a daily, it unlocks for the standard heroic version of it, so that people with a less flexible life than the majority of us here can still participate and get their sweet exotics.
You have the right idea, Bungie, but the execution could still use a bit of refinement.

Oh, should have guessed.

Is it any good by the way? I've decided to wait until the next time around

Getting really frustrated with progression and Raid drops. Just finished my 3rd Raid and only just barely eeked out 300 when I was able to improve my Chest piece from 296 to 300...

I got Boots for the third fucking time which is useless. Literally anything else would be more useful.

To make this even more frustrsting, this was aided by grinding out Touch of Malice to get a 310 weapon. It would be even further away with out it.

I really hope the game would spread out the drops to be more meaningful. As it is. I am losing interest in playing it again.

Pve stats? Isn't it supposed to have ads perks, opposite of TLW perks?

Probably another 12 hours before I'll be able to set up my ps4 and grab it off the gunsmith.

the stats of the gun increase when aiming down the sights.. also boosts movement speed

might be good when paired with knucklehead radar

its really high impact low everything else

the secondary perk is stat improvement on precision kills until your next reload

Bradach

It's quite good, yeah. Not "gjallarhorn 1.0 good", of course, but it's basically the first version of blackhammer as a pulse rifle.

Great. I'll be better prepared next time it comes around. I spent my time getting all three swords ready for armsday today!

I switched characters to one who turned the Ghost in yesterday.
I'll try logging out after the Daily, but I think changing characteres has the same effect.

Did it no go live till after patch though? if so it might go live for yesterdays players later on (6pm uk time)

My firend had to wait exactly 24 hours for his sleeper simulant.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hahaha, sneaky sneaky!

If you're in the tower prior to Armsday rollover, you can then buy the new weeks Weapons packages, back out to orbit, load back down to the tower, and they're instantly ready for collection! :D
Edit: Didn't work for me personally, but might do if you're the Tower host, and then back out to orbit.

Ah christ I just realized I dismantled all the gunsmith weapons without thinking about my freshly made alt. :(

Edit: Sometimes my compulsions really fuck me over.

Madness

What's better for a Scout Rifle, triple tap or replenish? Replenish gives your weapon magazine a refill whenever you use your super, whereas triple tap will return one round to the magazine for landing precision hits rapidly.

GlamFM

Banned
What's better for a Scout Rifle, triple tap or replenish? Replenish gives your weapon magazine a refill whenever you use your super, whereas triple tap will return one round to the magazine for landing precision hits rapidly.

triple tap imo

Shito

Triple Tap.
Really useful on bosses with an easy crit spot.

Cade

Fuck! I love paying 60 legendary marks to get a legendary glove engram since I have no legendary gloves on my Titan (my own mistake, yes) and getting an artifact.

Just the best

Nothus

You just get a bunch of 280 weapons, which are pretty worthless, or am I missing something?

I'm relatively new to TTK so I might be wrong here, but there's a chance one of the guns you order might have some decent stats/perks, in which case you would then infuse it beyond the 280 stat. you mention.

Also, I believe you can get quests from the gunsmith once you reach a certain level with him, and testing prototypes is the easiest method of increasing your rank.

How stupid a time gate this is. I didn't turn in my shell the first time Paradox popped up because I wasn't sure we were supposed to turn it in then, so I turned it in yesterday and now I'm boned until whenever? Excellent. Ditto for the people who did it the first time yesterday.

Yeah this shit is dumb. One of the few days I didn't do the daily so I did it yesterday thinking it'd be similar to Sleeper just showing up on the next day. Nope

I don't care that much but this dumb ass gating is getting really annoying

I just waited 2 weeks for a gun!

The rolls. You got an even better version of the best vendor RL for 2500 glimmer a couple weeks ago.

You get reputation from testing the prototypes and the packages he gives are weapons exclusive to the gunsmith pulling from the armsday model weapons.

The rolls on the scout rifle, sniper and rocket don't seem too great IMO. I might wait with the scout rifle/rocket package for another time. Probably going to order the Lyudmila package for next week.

RexNovis

Banned
Thanks for the quick kill everyone! Off to do the solo mission now. Feel free to join up on me after for the black garden quest

Siaynoqq

After turning in 10 rare materials for exotic arc sword, I think I am on the final step now - need to kill two things and no idea where they are located.

Can anyone help?

Cade

How on earth is The First Curse even an exotic? Probably the least useful exotic you could have, including 170 Light exotics, across PvE and PvP. I almost dismantled mine after using it in PvP before I realized that if it eventually gets buffed from shit on fire in a trashcan tier, I'd have to level it up ten more points, so it was slightly less bother to get rid of it, but yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom