• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so First Curse PvP thoughts based off of a couple games.

For you spec you should run smooth ballistics since the stability isn't important given the slow RoF and probably use Quickdraw.

The stats on this weapon are garbage everything is ridiculously low except for impact. Even with the exotic perk of ads active range is poor and you feel drop-off very soon. The ads perk does not seem to make you ad mobile as Mida or the dance machines, but this may be improved by using lightweight. Reloading is brutally slow and is worsened by a miniscule magazine of 8. It seems to have good AA so getting headshots isn't too bad.

I would not recommend this gun in PvP. The only thing it has going for it is that it forces you to slowdown and take accurate shots. The problem is that it simply has too high of a ttk. The ttk of the impact tier below it (Ace of Spades, Hawkmoon) will kill faster in any occasion against an opponent specced for armor, which is pretty much everyone in crucible. You definitely won't see anyone in trials without max armor. With max armor you lose your 2 shot kill potential and the weapon becomes far worse than any other class of hand cannon.

TL/DR: use Ace or Hawkmoon instead.

OK so First Curse PvP thoughts based off of a couple games.

For you spec you should run smooth ballistics since the stability isn't important given the slow RoF and probably use Quickdraw.

The stats on this weapon are garbage everything is ridiculously low except for impact. Even with the exotic perk of ads active range is poor and you feel drop-off very soon. The ads perk does not seem to make you ad mobile as Mida or the dance machines, but this may be improved by using lightweight. Reloading is brutally slow and is worsened by a miniscule magazine of 8. It seems to have good AA so getting headshots isn't too bad.

I would not recommend this gun in PvP. The only thing it has going for it is that it forces you to slowdown and take accurate shots. The problem is that it simply has too high of a ttk. The ttk of the impact tier below it (Ace of Spades, Hawkmoon) will kill faster in any occasion against an opponent specced for armor, which is pretty much everyone in crucible. You definitely won't see anyone in trials without max armor. With max armor you lose your 2 shot kill potential and the weapon becomes far worse than any other class of hand cannon.

TL/DR: use Ace or Hawkmoon instead.

Sad face

Cade

If I could dual-wield First Curse and Chaperone I'd MAYBE do it for giggles, but... damn. I love The Chaperone but The First Curse is just such a bummer.

Maxed NTTE and infused it up to 310. Loving the weapon, was wrecking adds and majors in Dreadnought patrol. Might have found the primary that replaces Supercell as my favorite since TTK's launch.

But which of the first column of perks is better? The choices are:
Smooth Ballistics
Accurized Ballistics
Smart Drift Control

I was using Accurized Ballistics for higher impact, but that shortens range. What setups in the first and third columns are other NTTE owners using?

I will try it in PvE tomorrow. It will probably be useful there since that's the only place where I'd actually see the last perk in the tree proc since you are going to want to reload after every kill in crucible.

If intended for PvP it should have been the handcannon version of Mida with third eye and extended mag in the second and third columns with a higher base range.

Anyone looking to get the cloaks from the dust palace. I've soloed the nightfall on my characters, but for farming purposes it'd probably go quicker if I had another.

glaurung

lame I loaded up destiny and the quest wasn't there so it must be a week man fuck this shit
Same as with the time-locked Sleeper Simulant quest. I haven't gotten that with any characters either.

Got the pulse rifle quest yesterday, ran the daily heroic alternative ending before patch, logged on after patch, and there it was.

Tovarisc

Year 2 just isn't delivering when it comes to exotics and improvement isn't nowhere seen. Many Y2 exotics are very situational, some are your decent gear rolls with exotic stamp and rest are pure garbage tier. When you want exotic armor that has automatic reload upon ammo pick up as perk, because nothing else in offerings gets even close, something is wrong.

So its Imprecation day in Rumble today hahaha everyone had it.

This is the time to go and get those medals you had a hard time earning before LOL.

Bungie needs to stop with these Crucible quests as it makes PVP horrible for people who are not there to do a quest.

Any news on when next DLC is out? There is like only Hard raid and Trials left for me...

Tovarisc. I agree. The Year 2 exotics are just meh, whats the point with em really? hahah sad bungie, sad. Fix this shit and make exotics important again.

Okay, what's the point of the gunsmith orders?

You just get a bunch of 280 weapons, which are pretty worthless, or am I missing something?

Why would I continue to test prototypes if I can already place orders?

well, atleast to get to level 5 to get that one exotic gun for your collections. And after that every level he gives you one random gun per level up.

For the 280 guns, to try out if there's some guns you might want to use later. Like Zarinae-D that's the best autorifle for normal PvE playing. Trying to get one of those with good rolls. Or just to dismantle and get Marks.

But the guns aren't going to be a thing that you do every week for endgame, it's like a bonus bounty thing.

Zocano

Year 2 just isn't delivering when it comes to exotics and improvement isn't nowhere seen. Many Y2 exotics are very situational, some are your decent gear rolls with exotic stamp and rest are pure garbage tier. When you want exotic armor that has automatic reload upon ammo pick up as perk, because nothing else in offerings gets even close, something is wrong.

I don't think exotics should be end-all be-all weapons but rather exactly as you described. They should exist as specific situational weapons that function extremely well in specific instances. That was the problem with Gjallarhorn. There was no reason to ever use any other exotic in a PvE instance.

I almost wish that they restricted your loadout at the start of a mission.

I don't really envy the task of coming up with new exotic perks

I mean at some point everything's been covered right

I haven't missed the horn honestly.. everything else was pointless in its wake

Wow so people who didn't turn in their ghosts a week or two ago still can't get NTTE today, even if they turned them in yesterday?

That's a fantastic way to lose some players Bungie. How astoundingly stupid. I hope they pay for it if isn't fixed in the next day or so. They should drop everything and make it priority one and have it fixed by the end of the day imo.

Zocano

I don't really envy the task of coming up with new exotic perks

I mean at some point everything's been covered yet

This is also a thing that people who whine and complain don't seem to really consider very heavily. When a loot game is primarily a shooter, how many variations of "shoot good" can you come up with. They should really consider adding support functionality to weapons.

GlamFM

Banned
So its Imprecation day in Rumble today hahaha everyone had it.

This is the time to go and get those medals you had a hard time earning before LOL.

Bungie needs to stop with these Crucible quests as it makes PVP horrible for people who are not there to do a quest.

Any news on when next DLC is out? There is like only Hard raid and Trials left for me...

Tovarisc. I agree. The Year 2 exotics are just meh, whats the point with em really? hahah sad bungie, sad. Fix this shit and make exotics important again.

No more DLC.

Destiny 2 is coming out in late 2016.

noomi

Lots of new exotic in the past 2 days, no time to explain, first curse, and fabian strategy. Just need the tlaloc and my year 2 exotic weapon collection is complete.... I think.

Not sure if there are any other hidden weapon in the game...

This is also a thing that people who whine and complain don't seem to really consider very heavily. When a loot game is primarily a shooter, how many variations of "shoot good" can you come up with. They should really consider adding support functionality to weapons.

right the very nature of a FPS makes it very limited about just what they can do with these exotics

i think nothing less than destiny 2 with a total clean slate wipe would be enough for people at this point

Tovarisc

I don't think exotics should be end-all be-all weapons but rather exactly as you described. They should exist as specific situational weapons that function extremely well in specific instances. That was the problem with Gjallarhorn. There was no reason to ever use any other exotic in a PvE instance.

I almost wish that they restricted your loadout at the start of a mission.

I don't expect them to be ultimate and obvious choice for every situation, but them being choice to nothing isn't great approach either. Y2 warlock exotics all just pure tosh that you laugh at, then you equip legendary gear into every slot. Some legacy they brought over is still nice, e.g. 2nd free fusion grenade if you for some reason still play sunsinger. Weapons are now all about situational use [SS, NTTE, ToM, Spindle, Telesto] which is great because in right situations those weapons do shine bright, but even then there is waste of exotic slot weapons plenty which is saddening. Boolean Gemini, First Curse, Hereafter etc. I don't see deserving exotic stamp, they are either okay or shit rolled legendaries with yellow background.

right the very nature of a FPS makes it very limited about just what they can do with these exotics

i think nothing less than destiny 2 with a total clean slate wipe would be enough for people at this point

Nah people will still whine about their exotics not feeling 'exotic' enough compared to the overpowered ones from the first year.

Zocano

Nah people will still whine about their exotics not feeling 'exotic' enough compared to the overpowered ones from the first year.

Destiny will live in the shadow of Fatebringer and Gjallarhorn for all its days.

Let go of your OP weapons, people, and embrace a healthy gun ecosystem.

24 hours and 4 NEW exotics!

- No Time To Explain
- Suros 310 (i didnt have the year 2 edition)
- Tlaloc (finaly put my warlock in lvl 3 gunsmith)
- First Curse (YES!)

btw ... i got nothing but a 302 gloves in the raid yesterday =(

Zocano

Smaller stuff, a quest here and there - sure.

A raid? Don´t think so.

I will bet my PS4 and all my Destiny character info that we will have at least one more raid before Destiny 2. It would be asinine for there to not be another raid if not two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom