• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siaynoqq

At boss for exotic sword quest. Me and a random person have been waiting for a third for like 15 mins. Can someone please join and help us out really quickly?

Zocano

I don't expect them to be ultimate and obvious choice for every situation, but them being choice to nothing isn't great approach either. Y2 warlock exotics all just pure tosh that you laugh at, then you equip legendary gear into every slot. Some legacy they brought over is still nice, e.g. 2nd free fusion grenade if you for some reason still play sunsinger. Weapons are now all about situational use [SS, NTTE, ToM, Spindle, Telesto] which is great because in right situations those weapons do shine bright, but even then there is waste of exotic slot weapons plenty which is saddening. Boolean Gemini, First Curse, Hereafter etc. I don't see deserving exotic stamp, they are either okay or shit rolled legendaries with yellow background.

Them making a whole bunch of exotics that still try to fit the shooter mold will always result in a bunch of exotics that just don't feel different. Y1 exotics still had the same issues. Like, who even used Plan C, Invective, Universal Remote, Pocket Infinity (post super nerfs)? Shooter guns will always be shooter guns no matter how you try to spin them, so you'll always have unimpressive ones.

GlamFM

Banned
Yikes, late 2016? wow...thats not going to be good.

Careful though, it´s an educated guess.

The only thing we know for sure is that the main team has moved on to Destiny 2 and that it is coming out in the fall of 2016.

I will bet my PS4 and all my Destiny character info that we will have at least one more raid before Destiny 2. It would be asinine for there to not be another raid if not two.

It´s on!

500 silver for you if there is a new Raid, 500 for me if there isn´t.

:p

guys where is the best place to farm vex minotaurs kills??

Venus - Citadel

Zocano

There will most likely be a new raid (or raid-equivalent like Prison of Elders) around January.

I imagine we'll see large additions to Prison of Elders, too. Along with Vault of Glass Redux Super Edition.

GlamFM

Banned
There will most likely be a new raid (or raid-equivalent like Prison of Elders) around January.

I imagine we'll see large additions to Prison of Elders, too. Along with Vault of Glass Redux Super Edition.

Reworked old raids - absolutely possible.

I just don´t think the resources within Bungie are available right now to make something on a bigger scale for Destiny 1.

You have high hopes. Doubt the tiny live team can pump that out.

Zocano

I honestly have no idea and can't even ball park a guess as to what they're doing with Destiny 2. There isn't enough time to do a large ground up overhaul. I don't see them just putting out a Destiny+ sort of thing either but they'll definitely try to reincorporate scrapped ideas and whatever tangible content they had prior to last year. We'll see Europa and Chicago but what the structure will be and how similar it is to what we have now? I feel like they'll try to at least broaden outwards way more and most importantly ditch last gen because it has been holding them back severely.

The First Curse is by far the worst exotic I've had the mispleasure of using

A profound hunk of shit and a waste the mental real estate it occupied over the past 2 weeks

Klyka

Banned
I will bet my PS4 and all my Destiny character info that we will have at least one more raid before Destiny 2. It would be asinine for there to not be another raid if not two.

All bigger content will go into Destiny 2 guaranteed.
There is no reason for Bungie to leave anything even slightly substantial out of that game because it NEEDS to be HUGE so they can get the good PR and metacritics back.

We'll get some new exotic quests here and there and maybe a mission from time to time set in one of the usual areas with maybe an added room or two.

GlamFM

Banned
I honestly have no idea and can't even ball park a guess as to what they're doing with Destiny 2. There isn't enough time to do a large ground up overhaul. I don't see them just putting out a Destiny+ sort of thing either but they'll definitely try to reincorporate scrapped ideas and whatever tangible content they had prior to last year. We'll see Europa and Chicago but what the structure will be and how similar it is to what we have now? I feel like they'll try to at least broaden outwards way more and most importantly ditch last gen because it has been holding them back severely.

I really don´t think we should expect big things before Destiny 2 hits:

The grind of this process led Bungie to approach Activision with another proposition that would alter the ambitious release schedule they’d previously agreed to: They had released two DLC packs, The Dark Below and House of Wolves, and they had released one expansion, the codenamed Comet that was properly titled The Taken King. What if, instead of releasing two more DLC packs after The Taken King, they tried something new? What if they sold cosmetic items in the Tower? And then put out a dripfeed of free content to keep people playing in the months before “Destiny 2”—or whatever they wind up calling it—in the fall of 2016?

“There was a bet that was, ‘Hey if we did microtransactions, I bet you we could generate enough revenue to make up for the loss of DLCs,’” said a source. “Instead of it going Destiny, DLC1, DLC2, Comet, DLC1, DLC2, they’re actually just gonna go [big] release and then incremental release. So it’ll just be Destiny, Comet, Destiny, Comet every year. It’s basically just switching the game to an annual model.”

Tovarisc

Them making a whole bunch of exotics that still try to fit the shooter mold will always result in a bunch of exotics that just don't feel different. Y1 exotics still had the same issues. Like, who even used Plan C, Invective, Universal Remote, Pocket Infinity (post super nerfs)? Shooter guns will always be shooter guns no matter how you try to spin them, so you'll always have unimpressive ones.

Exotics are supposed to be unique equipment, how they look and perks they offer. It's whole reason why you can only equip one at any given time, power increase allegedly is so big. Year 2 exotics just don't have that feeling to them, for most part. None of them are something you want nor need for doing any content where, how overkill it may had been, Gjallarhorn was sexy raw power in very unique and cool looking package. It had unique perk that gave it a lots of hitting power and model on that thing is among best Bungie has done.

Year 2? Some rather regular looking weapon models that could be used for legendaries and perks that are pretty much legendary territory. That magic some Y1 exotics had just isn't there at all for Year 2, imo. I guess they try to play it safe so they can avoid Gjallarhorn 2.0, but they are playing it maybe too safe.

They should look at something like Diablo 3 and its set armor and weapons. Not all of them are worth your time, but maybe sets with bonuses would bring more life to loot chasing in Destiny Y2.

See the Imprecation. The First Curse is a yellow version of that. At least you could equip a useful exotic with that one.

It's extremely difficult to tell how TFC is better out the box. Possibly the worst base stats in the game

So...i really need to wait until the next time Paradox shows as the daily to get No Time To Explain.

Great, just great, all this waiting stuff is really fun Bungie, keep em coming.

The First Curse being ass is just icing on the cake, no more Destiny for me today i guess.

GhaleonEB

Was rocking tier 1 and tier 2 runes with 2 randoms in the Court of Oryx. Pretty fun, fast rounds, lots of loot dropping. I used one of my tier 3 runes, for the first time.

That was a waste of a rune. We couldn't make a dent in the boss. :(

so guys is that the quest up if you turned in the cult ghost yesterday ?

no, but it might be up 24 hours afterwards, so it might be up later (this happened with the sleeper simulant for a friend, he got it around 6pm on the night not at 10am refresh)

Was rocking tier 1 and tier 2 runes with 2 randoms in the Court of Oryx. Pretty fun, fast rounds, lots of loot dropping. I used one of my tier 3 runes, for the first time.

That was a waste of a rune. We couldn't make a dent in the boss. :(
You should keep the rune if you fail.

Zocano

You have high hopes. Doubt the tiny live team can pump that out.

Pffffffffffffffffff

High hopes would be actual substantial content drops every month and a half. Redoing the Prison of Elders so it actually functions like a continuous horde mode. Raid legendary modes. True and fundamental PvP overhaul. New exotic weapons dropped every month. Potentially a raid every 3 months (+ hard modes). More unique nightfall, strike, crucible gear with specific perks that tailor very strictly to PvP or PvE.

Y'know, normal MMO updates.

I'm being reasonable with what we'd actually probably get though. If you notice, the times I'm suggesting are literally those that we have the prior year.

All bigger content will go into Destiny 2 guaranteed.
There is no reason for Bungie to leave anything even slightly substantial out of that game because it NEEDS to be HUGE so they can get the good PR and metacritics back.

We'll get some new exotic quests here and there and maybe a mission from time to time set in one of the usual areas with maybe an added room or two.

Nah. Naaaaaaaaaaaaah. They have to fill this year out with something and they've already stated that what I'm saying is exactly what they're doing. Using microtransactions to pay for the live team. The live team last year was a handful, the live team this year is *maybe* double that, I would guess. There will be more content out and a steadier pace.

We've had a patch every week since launch.

You say that and post that and then forget that we still got Dark Below and Prison of Elders. That is still content. Whether it was great or not is a different question but what I'm suggesting and the amount of content I'm suggesting we'll see is exactly in line with what we saw year 1.

It is beyond obvious we will see similar amounts of content this year. Especially when there live team is now actually getting funded and might actually be more than 5 people this time.

Namikaze1

So I was right about NTTE quest being similar to SS's when I complained about a bunch of things over at Zoba's Destiny's Endgame thread several days ago.

It really sucks for all who got the ghost yesterday. I am not a fan of the way they are handling these two exotic quest lines.

Klyka

Banned
Pffffffffffffffffff

High hopes would be actual substantial content drops every month and a half. Redoing the Prison of Elders so it actually functions like a continuous horde mode. Raid legendary modes. True and fundamental PvP overhaul. New exotic weapons dropped every month. Potentially a raid every 3 months (+ hard modes). More unique nightfall, strike, crucible gear with specific perks that tailor very strictly to PvP or PvE.

I'm being reasonable with what we'd actually probably get though. If you notice, the times I'm suggesting are literally those that we have the prior year.

Nah. Naaaaaaaaaaaaah. They have to fill this year out with something and they've already stated that what I'm saying is exactly what they're doing. Using microtransactions to pay for the live team. The live team last year was a handful, the live team this year is *maybe* double that, I would guess. There will be more content out and a steadier pace.

You say that and post that and then forget that we still got Dark Below and Prison of Elders. That is still content. Whether it was great or not is a different question but what I'm suggesting and the amount of content I'm suggesting we'll see is exactly in line with what we saw year 1.

It is beyond obvious we will see similar amounts of content this year. Especially when there live team is now actually getting funded and might actually be more than 5 people this time.

As far as I am aware the "live team" is the team that makes patches and changes to the game. They don't actually make any content, like, at all.
They are the ones who literally keep the game running and fix it,not expand on it.
So that's why we, as you said, got a patch each week this time.

GlamFM

Banned
Pffffffffffffffffff

You have it mixed up. The plans changed with TTK. DLC 1&2 are specifically what we are not getting anymore. Read it again.

Zocano

As far as I am aware the "live team" is the team that makes patches and changes to the game. They don't actually make any content, like, at all.
They are the ones who literally keep the game running and fix it,not expand on it.
So that's why we, as you said, got a patch each week this time.

They have not clarified what the live team actually does. But like I said, it is asinine to think that what we have now will be primarily all the large content bits we will see until next fall. There will be "TDB/HoW" sized content updates at some point.

You have it mixed up. The plans changed with TTK. DLC 1&2 are specifically what we are not getting anymore. Read it again.

Nah.

What I'm saying is we will see things in those expansions at a more consistent pace and spread out more evenly. That is the whole point of the microtransactions. They are the $ to replace charging for the content updates.

Y'know, like an MMO (and replace microtransaction $ with sub $).

GhaleonEB

Oh, I do. Bungie found their footing over the course of year 1. I don't think they'll hold back until the big fall release with content, but we're just a month out from TTK. What they did in year 1 set a bar I think they'll clear. In a few months we'll probably have a better feel for how this year is going to go.

GlamFM

Banned
Oh, I do. Bungie found their footing over the course of year 1. I don't think they'll hold back until the big fall release with content, but we're just a month out from TTK. What they did in year 1 set a bar I think they'll clear. In a few months we'll probably have a better feel for how this year is going to go.

But on the scale of DLC 1&2?

You really think so?

SeanR1221

So I was right about NTTE quest being similar to SS's when I complained about a bunch of things over at Zoba's Destiny's Endgame thread several days ago.

It really sucks for all who got the ghost yesterday. I am not a fan of the way they are handling these two exotic quest lines.

It's exactly what I was afraid of. Now I have to wait for the gun.

If this is how they extend content, by arbitrarily locking us out for an unknown amount of time, bungie can fuck off.

Zocano

You really think so?

They aren't going to drop in chunks like that. What will happen is what happens with every MMO. We see a drip feed of stuff up to a raid or something. First they release a new quest line that builds and builds and builds. Then they drop a raid. It happens over the course of a month or two (or three).

Klyka

Banned

You really think so?

900x900px-LL-5cb4a162_Jake-Gyllenhaal-shaking-head.gif

It's Ogre.

This is Destiny 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom