• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

It's Ogre.

This is Destiny 1.

I'd rather not be crazy cynical and pessimistic.

____

Y'all should go play a year or two
or five
of WoW or FF14 or Guild Wars 2 and come back and see how this game's content flow is just becoming more and more like an MMO (more than it already kinda was before).

Namikaze1

Well, I won't be able to do the NTTE quest on my Hunter. Got it active since yesterday but I can't pledge myself to FWC because I'm using the DO exotic cloak and I need that on me to still be hard mode ready on my hunter. All my other cloaks are below 300 light level. Never got the raid cloak to drop for me.

Jabronium

Disappointed that NTTE isn't just gated behind Paradox being the daily but now also by an additional time gate similar to First Firewall. The arbitrary time gates feel like an attempt to stretch out a small amount of content. Oh well. 1% of the 1% and all that. Guess I'll just have to cross my fingers that it's not weeks before the quest pops up. Grats to those who did get NTTE, looks like a good gun.

SeanR1221

Well, I won't be able to do the NTTE quest on my Hunter. Got it active since yesterday but I can't pledge myself to FWC because I'm using the DO exotic cloak and I need that on me to still be hard mode ready on my hunter. All my other cloaks are below 300 light level. Never got the raid cloak to drop for me.

How did you get it active today?

GlamFM

Banned
Oh, I do. Bungie found their footing over the course of year 1. I don't think they'll hold back until the big fall release with content, but we're just a month out from TTK. What they did in year 1 set a bar I think they'll clear. In a few months we'll probably have a better feel for how this year is going to go.

They aren't going to drop in chunks like that. What will happen is what happens with every MMO. We see a drip feed of stuff up to a raid or something. First they release a new quest line that builds and builds and builds. Then they drop a raid. It happens over the course of a month or two (or three).

Really don´t think so. For all we know the studio is now working an Destiny 2 in full force.

A live team has been set up to keep Destiny 1 going.

Microtransactions were set up to keep the revenue flow without any meaningful content to sell.

There is a Mars Raid, but it has been shifted to Destiny 2.

Who would make new content? The live team?

Y2 will be events, quests, new exotics every now and then and remixes of old content.

EDIT: I´m not being pessimistic, but that is what Jasons report says, no?

Klyka

Banned
I would say I am the one being realistic and you're the one letting industry clout color your opinions.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me because any content they are releasing in Destiny 1 now is content that won't be in Destiny 2 and is thereby wasted for the effort of making Destiny 2 huge.

So I can't see them commit a lot to a game that's be left behind in a year and has already been weighed and judged by the gaming community.

Destiny 2 needs to be huge and a hit, it's the only thing that counts.

Really don´t think so. For all we know the studio is now working an Destiny 2 in full force.

Microtransactions were set up to keep the revenue flow without any meaningful content to sell.

Y2 will be events, quests, new exotics every now and then and remixes of old content.

This right here.

GhaleonEB

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me because any content they are releasing in Destiny 1 now is content that won't be in Destiny 2 and is thereby wasted for the effort of making Destiny 2 huge.

So I can't see them commit a lot to a game that's be left behind in a year and has already been weighed and judged by the gaming community.

Destiny 2 needs to be huge and a hit, it's the only thing that counts.

A solid stream of content to keep players engaged helps Destiny 2 (which is next year's expansion) more than holding back content for it does.

I really don't think Bungie is going to release less content in year 2 before their big expansion than they did in year 1.

You seriously dont think we'll be getting new quests, features and a raid before this time 2016 and Destiny 2?

Liamc723

I'll be very disappointed if we don't get any new substantial content before Destiny 2.

I'd be happy with a new raid the size of Crota's End, and remixed versions of VOG and CE that drops year 2 gear.

Playing Destiny as it is for another year would get incredibly boring.

Klyka

Banned
A solid stream of content to keep players engaged helps Destiny 2 (which is next year's expansion) more than holding back content for it does.

I'm not saying we get no content. Just not substantial content.
We won't get anything "big" anything "wow". We won't get new areas apart from maybe a room here or there attached to what we already know.

Maybe a paletteswapped enemy or a model they put some simple to attach extra bits on.

Honestly, I would be extremely shocked if we even got a single strike.
And IF we get a strike, it'll be like the playstation exclusive ones have been made: Known patrol areas with some added stuff.

noomi

So we know of any other missing exotic weapons after the no time to explain?

I see one special weapon still locked in my kiosk... hmmmm

Matticers

Disappointed that NTTE isn't just gated behind Paradox being the daily but now also by an additional time gate similar to First Firewall. The arbitrary time gates feel like an attempt to stretch out a small amount of content. Oh well. 1% of the 1% and all that. Guess I'll just have to cross my fingers that it's not weeks before the quest pops up. Grats to those who did get NTTE, looks like a good gun.

Yeah, it feels like they're really screwing us over with all of these time locks in this expansion. Why can't we just do quests when we have time to? If the hardcore players want to unlock everything immediately, let them. I did the did the daily mission for the ghosts yesterday and now I can't continue it today. It's like you're punished for not being one of the players who goes out and does everything immediately. Now I likely have to wait until Tuesday to turn in motes and continue the quest for the gun... but Halo V comes out that day. People have jobs, other responsibilities and maybe even other games they want to play. So let them play and have fun when they want to, Bungie. I'm tired of this time lock stuff to make things last longer. This isn't a subscription based game so stop messing with us.

So who knows when I'll get the gun now. When I'm able to get NTTE, I'll be trying out Halo instead. And then there's Fallout and BO3. So maybe I'll get it one day randomly when I'm bored. Or in 2016. I could have had fun with the gun this week but... nope. Bungie gonna Bungie. It's like for every great improvement they make to the game, they either screw something else up or add in another annoying aspect of the game. It's incredibly frustrating.

If anyone can help with Fears Embrace....jen867530nine

Yes you can!!!!
I soloed this recently without breaking a sweat.

Find a good cover spot. Use your best weapons and focus on the adds. Whittle down the boss. Burn him with damage rush at the end

Well I'm 0-76 on it so I'm not as sure about it as you are =)

bitsurugi

If anyone needs the Atheon CP for the NTTE quest, i still held it on my hunter and will have it for the remaining of the week, up til reset, so give me a msg, when i am online and will gladly share.

Quests, events - yes.

Raid - no.

I honestly believe we'll be getting (as others are saying) a slow stream of constant content through time-gated quests and events. I bet that Bungie will also add a few new "features" to destiny in the next year between releases. Could be small, could be as big as rerunning raids in different configurations like they do with current strikes.

And if they dont have a raid in this year span... i see no reason to keep playing. Perfect reason to put this down for Halo and BOIII for a while. I think Bungie knows this. (i hope they do)

noomi

Damn... so it seems that people who finished Paradox yesterday are not getting the FWC quest today?

Sorry guys :(

Deku Tree

I really don't think Bungie is going to release less content in year 2 before their big expansion than they did in year 1.

Yeah they need enough content to keep people playing because when people keep playing then more people will buy their cosmetic MTs, and then also more people will buy Destiny 2.

That said they are really stretching out the KF raid much longer than they did for VoG or CE.

GorillaJu

Damn... so it seems that people who finished Paradox yesterday are not getting the FWC quest today?

Sorry guys :(

I'm slightly bummed about that but I'm SUPER bummed I didn't have enough rep after the new test guns to take me to rank 3 Gunsmith :( I really want my Ace of Spades.

And I'm 299 light so I can't open my exotic engrams yet.

So sad... better get an upgrade next week's raid!

Zocano

Basically this is what I'm trying to get at.

We will see an equivalent (ish?) amount of content that we saw in year 1. In what forms? Who knows.

My bets are still that we will see one raid. When? Where? What size? Who knows.

It just seems absurd that their current plan would be to not have some sort of content schedule for year 2. The microtransactions replace and buffer the cost of what the DLC would have been, but that doesn't mean that DLC schedule is gone. We will see some amalgamation of content.

I would imagine we will still see content that mirrors the report we had up to Destiny 2 that was leaked. There will be Vex and Cabal focused content drops. Whether there are raids or not is up in the air but we will see actual substantial content involving those, especially given how much Cabal empire nods there were with Taken King.

Number45

Surprisingly managed to get my dark drinker last night with randoms (who were also going for the void version). There was much jumping.

If anyone can help with Fears Embrace....jen867530nine

Well I'm 0-76 on it so I'm not as sure about it as you are =)
:eek:

I did it solo on my seventh attempt as a defender and did it with ease that final time - positioned myself in the entrance and concentrated 100% on the boss (with my 1000 yard stare and a RL), just clearing any particularly bothersome adds who were getting in my way.

Would gladly help, but work. :(

noomi

I'm slightly bummed about that but I'm SUPER bummed I didn't have enough rep after the new test guns to take me to rank 3 Gunsmith :( I really want my Ace of Spades.

And I'm 299 light so I can't open my exotic engrams yet.

So sad... better get an upgrade next week's raid!

I feel your pain man, I'm 150rep short of rank 3 for my warlock, I can TASTE my Tlaloc.

Maybe if I find another one of those fusion rifles I'll get it....

oSoLucky

So we know of any other missing exotic weapons after the no time to explain?

I see one special weapon still locked in my kiosk... hmmmm

You got Hereafter, Black Spindle, Telesto, 4th Horseman, Sleeper, Invective, Chaperone?

I think that's all that are in the Special column, can't check atm.

noomi

You got Hereafter, Black Spindle, Telesto, 4th Horseman, Sleeper, Invective, Chaperone?

I think that's all that are in the Special column, can't check atm.

I do, but there is still one box that is locked... or at least I thought it was. Was pretty sleepy this morning, maybe I'm seeing things :p

Jabronium

This isn't a subscription based game so stop messing with us.

It's like for every great improvement they make to the game, they either screw something else up or add in another annoying aspect of the game. It's incredibly frustrating.

Cherry picking a couple lines, but agreed. I was lucky enough to get the Sleeper, but have missed the Spindle every time due to work travel. And now, instead of looking forward to being able to do NTTE when I have time, I'm frustrated because I'm at Bungie's mercy regarding when it will be available again. Feels bad, given how much TTK got right.

Decided to do some old content this morning after the Atheon kill last night, Skolas got rekt but something was off about Crota, he knelt for like half a second before getting back up. I've never seen him get back up so fast.

Lnkn52

Decided to do some old content this morning after the Atheon kill last night, Skolas got rekt but something was off about Crota, he knelt for like half a second before getting back up. I've never seen him get back up so fast.

Sounds like something that was designed in 9 weeks.

Deku Tree

Yeah I'd rather have no new Raid before Destiny 2 than another buggy mess CE type raid. Crota was fine before the anti internet cable cheese patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom