• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Well, I won't be able to do the NTTE quest on my Hunter. Got it active since yesterday but I can't pledge myself to FWC because I'm using the DO exotic cloak and I need that on me to still be hard mode ready on my hunter. All my other cloaks are below 300 light level. Never got the raid cloak to drop for me.

not gonna just play NM to see if you get it there?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
light 300 and yeah for ToM. The ads are insane. I can't find anywhere passed the first round (when the ground poisons) that's safe. I try staying at the entrance but the ads just overwhelm me.

Tried to help you, threw you a Friend request, but no response! Oh well. Good luck!

Mupod

Well fuck my plan was to get Touch of Malice before Friday but now the SF5 beta is starting. Hopefully I can find some people to help me with the last two steps tonight.

I've got exotic quests for First Curse, Sleeper Stimulant and No Time to Explain that I simply have not had time to complete. I guess their plan to have the live team stretch out their content is working but goddamn this game is a time sink.

PuMa

I agree with everyone else on this NTTE time gating. I thought it would unlock today, similar to how the Sleeper Quest went, and even that would have been dumb. This is just mind boggling.

can these drop only when using a hunter or does every class have a chance?
Every class and, additionally, it appears you have a better chance of getting it when you are not playing a Hunter. I suspect it's Bungie's way of trying to entice players to roll other characters.

I am not getting the drop from killing taken minotaurs for the no time to explain quest. I've killed about 20 at ember caves and citadel. What's the deal?

noomi

I agree with everyone else on this NTTE time gating. I thought it would unlock today, similar to how the Sleeper Quest went, and even that would have been dumb. This is just mind boggling.

I'm really surprised that it didn't actually, I guess it's up to Bungie now to flip some sort of switch?

I am not getting the drop from killing taken minotaurs for the no time to explain quest. I've killed about 20 at ember caves and citadel. What's the deal?

It has to be a Taken Minotaur. Wait for the taken public event to happen and kill the invisible taken lieutenant.

Oh fun. So now instead of exotics tied to RNG loot drops, they are tied to RNG calendar dates. Really lame that the next step for NTTE didn't kick off today for those who grabbed the ghosts yesterday.

Y1: Exotics tied to RNG drops. Destiny ended up feeling like a job trying to maximize drops.

Bungie's Resolution Claim: We don't want Destiny to feel like a job. Less RNG Exotics

Y2: Exotics tied to RNG calendar dates. You will resent your actual job because you can't always play Destiny at the drop of a hat when exotics time gates are randomly turned on.

ethomaz

Banned
light 300 and yeah for ToM. The ads are insane. I can't find anywhere passed the first round (when the ground poisons) that's safe. I try staying at the entrance but the ads just overwhelm me.
You don't need to end the mission... just kill the Wizard that shows when the Eco is half of the health.
The Wizard uses a void shield... I shot two void rockets and voila but I needed the help of a good guy from GAF (alone is almost impossible).

Lnkn52

Are my guardians Raid Ready for HM Bungie?

Jp7XPd4.png

:p you have dozen of weeks to get the Ghost :D

The daily heroic quest was active for dozen's of weeks? Unless my memory is wrong, It has played twice. Once where people had to glitch to get it, so it didn't seem like a good idea to do then, and then only one time after that, in which I couldn't play the game that day .

Edit: the game has only been out for 5 weeks. Is this just a sarcastic post but without the obvious sarcasm? Sorry, I haven't had coffee yet.

Tovarisc

Destiny is such trickster!

When you want people into same instance of patrol so you can do stuff [Taken Wars, CoO], it gives you none.

When you want to be alone so you can do stuff like test weapons with high efficiency, game fills instance with other level 40s doing same stuff and stealing your kills.

Destiny look at me, I'm laughing...
crying

Destiny is such trickster!

When you want people into same instance of patrol so you can do stuff [Taken Wars, CoO], it gives you none.

When you want to be alone so you can do stuff like test weapons with high efficiency, game fills instance with other level 40s doing same stuff and stealing your kills.

Destiny look at me, I'm laughing...
crying

With out fail. Just need to grab a quick fragment from the poison chest last night, CoO was fucking booming. I couldn't pass it up though, I felt bad taking up a slot and not contributing. I have also not seen CoO so full in a while. So a group of 7 of us ended up running a bunch of tier 3 and 2 runes which was fun.

Wanted to get some MoL doing public events because I burned through mine trying to get the New Monarchy and FWC ships... no one to be seen. Cheese farming nodes next to transitional areas for exotic sword quest, god damn orgy of players stealing my shit.

LiK

Don't know why people are suprised NTTE is time locked. Since the mission wasn't available till the next time paradox was a daily.

I guess people are hoping it's like the SS where it was just time-gated until next day which seems reasonable. well, at least I finally got a gun before Kadey!

The daily heroic quest was active for dozen's of weeks? Unless my memory is wrong, It has played twice. Once where people had to glitch to get it, so it didn't seem like a good idea to do then, and then only one time after that, in which I couldn't play the game that day .

That was pretty much me, some of my friends did the glitch thing the first time, i thought that it was a bad idea so i didn´t, then, the next day Paradox showed as the daily i couldn´t play, so i did it yesterday, and now i´m fucked until someone at bungie flips a switch because reasons.

Definity

Came here to complain about this stupid time gate for no time to explain. Picked up the ghosts yesterday and still cant complete it. Frustrating.

Don't know why people are suprised NTTE is time locked. Since the mission wasn't available till the next time paradox was a daily.
It was patched in. It didn't really "exist" until they flipped a switch yesterday.
It's up to them, it's not really up to the game.
It's fucking dumb.

EL CUCO

I look forward more to the Gunsmith than I do for Xur these days. Looks like I'm holding out on another week of orders though. Running out of space in my inventory.

How do I hold all these Gunsmith orders.jpg

Deku Tree

what does that mean Deku... you guys booting me when we get to the ogres?! lol

I think we should do up to ogres past 3x, and then take our highest light guardian to Sisters and see what happens.

15 light penalty will be rough.

It dissapoints me that the difference between me and you and others in terms of readyness for HM is basically the luck of RNG.

Deku Tree

Was it the patch or was it because the daily was paradox. Seems like it's the daily paradox now.

I booted up in the morning yesterday and there was no mission available. It may have to do with paradox, or waiting until reset, but it wasn't available before the patch loaded yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom