• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

WipedOut

Everyone just needs to relax on the whole "I did it yesterday and it's still not showing up" deal. It most likely hasn't even been 24 hours. It will pop, eventually.

I mean I get it, you want the gun but is it really necessary to get all bent out of shape because you can't have it right this minute?

Chances are you're going to get the gun, play around with it for a day or two then it will get shucked to the Vault. I guess it's just that instant gratification society we live in nowadays.

AgileBlog-6-20.jpg

LiK

Everyone just needs to relax on the whole "I did it yesterday and it's still not showing up" deal. It most likely hasn't even been 24 hours. It will pop, eventually.

I mean I get it, you want the gun but is it really necessary to get all bent out of shape because you can't have it right this minute?

Chances are you're going to get the gun, play around with it for a day or two then it will get shucked to the Vault. I guess it's just that instant gratification society we live in nowadays.

AgileBlog-6-20.jpg

they want dat Grimoire!

Thanks Tiger for the help on Fears Embrace. Wow that mission is tough. I didn't realize you only had to get the boss to half health until the Wizard appears but even then it's nuts. 100 deaths and 1 win lol.

Owensboro

Post attempt #8 (I'm sorry for spamming this over the last few days)

Anyone interested in a Blind, Newbie, "We're all gonna die!" Normal Mode King's Fall raid for either this Friday or Saturday? I've neither read boss strategies or plan on doing it as It's more fun to explore/figure out these big endgame raids yourself. I'm probably also going to institute a "if people are getting frustrated let's look at a strategy online" policy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

You'll need a light level as close to 290 as possible! Also, a 280 main weapon (minimum), a high impact sniper, and a machine gun.

People for All-newbie Friday ~8pm EST (and/or some other various time Saturday[We can figure out a more definite time when we have a crew lined up]) King's Fall (Normal) raid:
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq)
2. DarKshodaN (PSN: Darkshodan84)
~. Emouse (PSN: ___)(GMT [+4 hours]) (Friday night a problem due to time)
~. DaveInc (PSN: ___) (currently Light Level 275. Needs ~290)
~. Moose_Wrangler- (PSN: Moose_Wrangler-) (currently 272. Needs ~290)
3. Pandora 012 (PSN: Pandora012)

Reserve 1: tarzanpuyol (PSN: picklesandrobots) (Saturday definitely, Friday possible)

Once we get a list of 6 we'll hammer out a specific start time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thanks Tiger for the help on Fears Embrace. Wow that mission is tough. I didn't realize you only had to get the boss to half health until the Wizard appears but even then it's nuts.

Np. The mission is a pain. Some gaffers helped me out randomly so I'm just paying it forward.

PuMa

AgileBlog-6-20.jpg

The point is that the time gating is completely unnecessary and just dumb. Some of us expected it to pop the next day, since that is how the Sleeper quest line worked. And now we have no idea how long we need to wait.

AgileBlog-6-20.jpg

It's more about the fact that these time gate switches undermine the whole new quest system. It really isn't a quest when you are waiting for an arbitrary date. I don't need a pulse rifle now. But when I have a quest, I like to continue it and work toward the goal when I have the free time to play Destiny. Right now, we are just waiting for the mercy of Bungie's calendar instead of RNG. Make the exotic quests actual quests to be uncovered and obtained when ever. Time gates just temporarily artificially inflate their rarity and massively fuck over people who have a weekend heavy gaming schedule. Not even RNG can save you if you can't play Destiny on "Bungie turns on exotics" days.

Owensboro

It's more about the fact that these time gate switches undermine the whole new quest system. It really isn't a quest when you are waiting for an arbitrary date. I don't need a pulse rifle now. But when I have a quest, I like to continue it and work toward the goal when I have the free time to play Destiny. Right now, we are just waiting for the mercy of Bungie's calendar instead of RNG. Make the exotic quests actual quests to be uncovered and obtained when ever. Time gates just temporarily artificially inflate their rarity and massively fuck over people who have a weekend heavy gaming schedule. Not even RNG can save you if you can't play Destiny on "Bungie turns on exotics" days.

In the long list of quest evils, I'll take "wait a day or two" over "spend the next 2 hours driving around a planet collecting rare materials". At least with the first I can go do something else, either in game or real life.

AgileBlog-6-20.jpg

Thanks, man. I've completely changes my ways because of what you said. I will gladly wait.

In the long list of quest evils, I'll take "wait a day or two" over "spend the next 2 hours driving around a planet collecting rare materials". At least with the first I can go do something else, either in game or real life.

If you can always play Destiny on the "exotic days," then yeah I see why you would feel that as a win. But that doesn't work for a lot of people. At least with the boring farming, I can do that on my free time whenever I choose, not when Bungie tells me to play Destiny.

If you can always play Destiny on the "exotic days," then yeah I see why you would feel that as a win. But that doesn't work for a lot of people. At least with the boring farming, I can do that on my free time whenever I choose, not when Bungie tells me to play Destiny.

Yep

Of all the exotic quest lines the Black Spindle is the best one

Tough challenge, Time limit, only have to wait for the daily rotation

Should have built on suprising players instead of trying to drag out wait times

Like I get that they want these activities to carry over time but they can do this by making them challenging instead of using arbitrary time gates

Tjamato88

Goddamn it took me forever to beat the opening section of the heroicVanguard strike (the one where you have to defend the Warstat from Taken) last night and then I got all the way to the boss and got disconnected so I didn't get credit for it at all.

GorillaJu

It's a shitty concept but it really keeps people coming back week after week to see what's new. Two weeks ago it was Sleeper, last week it was IB, this week it's NTTE, next week ???

WipedOut

Thanks, man. I've completely changes my ways because of what you said. I will gladly wait.

You're welcome little buddy!

Yes, Time Gating is extremely stupid! This whole thing about wait till next armsday, wait x-period of time till you can progress, weekly limits, just tools in Bungie arsenal to make you come back and play more destiny.

Shito

AgileBlog-6-20.jpg
Asking people to be free any day of the week to unlock limited-time content is dumb, there's really no defending that.
I personnaly don't care that much, because I was available to get my Black Spindle, SS and NTTE the day they showed up, but it's no reason to not think about the many people who are living a life that does not allow them such flexibility. I could say "well, they can always play another game then!", but that would be a bit stupid: if they like Destiny, they have just the same rights as anyone to play it.
Bungie could very well design mechanisms to progressively release new exotics like they are doing, without locking them up to one random specific day a few times a month.
Show a little empathy, this has nothing to do with "instant gratification". ^^

This x 100! Fuck grinding for stuff like materials etc. Waiting... hell, that's something i can do without catching a sweat. I absolutely love the time gating vs. the other options like crap grinds. Some people wont have the weapon day one and they'll have to deal with disappointment just like in RL. Personally these "exotic days" are something fun, time-sensitive and a rush to complete.

I'm sure i'll miss out on one and be bummed for a minute... but they're just "exotics" and not some game-changing weapon/armor/etc. It would be a different story if Bungie was time-gating some hard mode raid necessary armor or something like that.

The point is that the time gating is completely unnecessary and just dumb. Some of us expected it to pop the next day, since that is how the Sleeper quest line worked. And now we have no idea how long we need to wait.

might be 24 hours so it will open up in about 4 hours.

even less than that. took my group less than 2 minutes to kill him.

We literally obliterated his glass ass in seconds lol... i was completely amazed that our 'modern Destiny weapons' did so much damage on him!

Related....

If i can scrounge up the CP later after work i'll share with anyone who needs it on my alt.

SeanR1221

Glad people quickly buried that instant gratification post. I can't stand how complaining about something instantly makes you entitled to some people.

All bungie has to do is make these things weekly events. There. It's fixed.

EL CUCO

I think we should do up to ogres past 3x, and then take our highest light guardian to Sisters and see what happens.

15 light penalty will be rough.

It dissapoints me that the difference between me and you and others in terms of readyness for HM is basically the luck of RNG.
Yeah, they need to trim down variety of different defense/attack levels you could get on a drop. Maybe do a 300, 305, and 310, and have some sort of dupe prevention system. Raid drops are feeling more and more like decrypting blue engrams. Last night the best drop I got was a 305 cloak, I had a 304 on... The rest of the loot was useless.

WipedOut

Asking people to be free any day of the week to unlock limited-time content is dumb, there's really no defending that.
I personnaly don't care that much, because I was available to get my Black Spindle, SS and NTTE the day they showed up, but it's no reason to not think about the many people who are living a life that does not allow them such flexibility. I could say "well, they can always play another game then!", but that would be a bit stupid: if they like Destiny, they have just the same rights as anyone to play it.
Bungie could very well design mechanisms to progressively release new exotics like they are doing, without locking them up to one random specific day a few times a month.
Show a little empathy, this has nothing to do with "instant gratification". ^^

I said I get it, I was showing empathy, I also stated that it is stupid to implement this type of reward system. You do have to admit that people are getting a little tooo bent out of shape over it. Also it could be worse, we could still be at the mercy of RNG Exotic Drops. These are guaranteed exotics, just complete the quest and it's yours.(albeit at a very slow rate) I would gladly wait a couple weeks instead of months before I can get my hand on an exotic.

I get if you missed it yesterday it sucks because you have to wait until the next time it shows up, which you may or may not be available to play it. What I don't get is the people complaining after they get the ghost and it's not showing up right away.

It's a shitty concept but it really keeps people coming back week after week to see what's new. Two weeks ago it was Sleeper, last week it was IB, this week it's NTTE, next week ???

No doubt. From Bungie's side this is a very simple solution for their need to trickle as much content in the next year with dedicating as few resources as possible. Some new exotics, maybe one "Queen's Wrath" type event and it will keep people coming back. Once that dies down, release the Raid Kiosk and update the old raids so people can run them again. Once that dies down, update all strikes to TTK levels and have a massive end game playlist.

Via the Kotaku article we know that it has been nothing but catch up for them, and that this "microtransaction live team" isn't really going to benefit TTK going forward as it gives them a shot at maybe getting Destiny 2 right. A bit deceptive, but an obvious move from their end. If they update the old raids and do one PVE event between now and D2 I think I will be satisfied.

purg3

slept with Malkin
If I got to the Atheon part of the NTTE quest last night but didn't finish it, will he still drop the item to advance the quest, or did I have to do it yesterday?

Deku Tree

Yeah, they need to trim down variety of different defense/attack levels you could get on a drop. Maybe do a 300, 305, and 310, and have some sort of dupe prevention system. Raid drops are feeling more and more like decrypting engrams. Last night the best drop I got was a 305 cloak, I had a 304 on... The rest was of the loot useless.

I think the raid should give you loot that is guaranteed to be higher light than what you have equipped.

So many in our group were talking about how pointless it is to run the raid and get 300 boots when you have 305 boots equipped.

Bungie said in the Twitch reveals that we would have smart loot. Then it just didn't happen and Luke Smith told us that on these forums but only two weeks after the raid came out.

KodaRuss

My personal gripe with the quest right now is that I cannot use my exotic Dead Orbit Warlock Bond. I switched to Future War Cult when I did not have to. Alright no big deal I can wait for the gun or quest to pop but I cannot switch back to Dead Orbit this week which renders my Exotic Warlock Bond unusable.

The fact that they lock you out from the equipment really kinda sucks when you are with a different faction. Maybe if they let you pay some motes or glimmer to switch your faction instead of locking out out for a week.

I said I get it, I was showing empathy, I also stated that it is stupid to implement this type of reward system. You do have to admit that people are getting a little tooo bent out of shape over it. Also it could be worse, we could still be at the mercy of RNG Exotic Drops. These are guaranteed exotics, just complete the quest and it's yours.(albeit at a very slow rate) I would gladly wait a couple weeks instead of months before I can get my hand on an exotic.

This is what i dont understand... i feel the same way. I'll gladly wait for a date that i KNOW i'll get a specific exotic rather than have the "potential" to have a chance at it sometime or other.

IDK... i still dig the idea of "exotic days" and limited time events to complete. It's something new... provides a nice little community-rush that day and forces us to keep looking for new "secrets" in dailys and other events. Hell, really makes you think twice about skipping the daily now doesn't it?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom