• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaz

This x 100! Fuck grinding for stuff like materials etc. Waiting... hell, that's something i can do without catching a sweat. I absolutely love the time gating vs. the other options like crap grinds. Some people wont have the weapon day one and they'll have to deal with disappointment just like in RL. Personally these "exotic days" are something fun, time-sensitive and a rush to complete.

I'm sure i'll miss out on one and be bummed for a minute... but they're just "exotics" and not some game-changing weapon/armor/etc. It would be a different story if Bungie was time-gating some hard mode raid necessary armor or something like that.

I think the point being made is that there is a middle ground. Instead of time gates or a grind-fest, Bungie can simply make it challenging to get a weapon. For example, Black Spindle, without the requirement that the story mission be a daily.

I don't have the time or capacity to do that. Oh well, hopefully Xur will sell it in two years.

I don't have the patience/skill for it. Just find someone with an Atheon checkpoint. That'll be the hardest part of the fight. I know these guys are always like oh yeah that mission was quick and I beat the raid in an hour and such...but the Atheon fight by itself actually is quick if you can get a checkpoint. If I remember right we beat it in under 10 minutes (it may have been like 5) and I had never played VoG before. It's super easy on normal level 26 if most people know what they're doing.

Lnkn52

I think the raid should give you loot that is guaranteed to be higher light than what you have equipped.

So many in our group were talking about how pointless it is to run the raid and get 300 boots when you have 305 boots equipped.

Bungie said in the Twitch reveals that we would have smart loot. Then it just didn't happen and Luke Smith told us that on these forums but only two weeks after the raid came out.

They said it would scan my inventory and give me a high possibility of dropping something I haven gotten yet, well I'm still waiting for my Warlock Bond on my main character.

Tovarisc

Glad people quickly buried that instant gratification post. I can't stand how complaining about something instantly makes you entitled to some people.

All bungie has to do is make these things weekly events. There. It's fixed.

But that would make time gated content less unique and exciting to chas... I mean wait for!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I said I get it, I was showing empathy, I also stated that it is stupid to implement this type of reward system. You do have to admit that people are getting a little tooo bent out of shape over it. Also it could be worse, we could still be at the mercy of RNG Exotic Drops. These are guaranteed exotics, just complete the quest and it's yours.(albeit at a very slow rate) I would gladly wait a couple weeks instead of months before I can get my hand on an exotic.

Oh, you went with the "it could always be worse!" comment? "Man, just imagine if they only released one exotic gun, and you could only get it if your character name began with a J? That would be much worse than waiting 1 or 2 days11!!!"

:)

PuMa

I said I get it, I was showing empathy, I also stated that it is stupid to implement this type of reward system. You do have to admit that people are getting a little tooo bent out of shape over it. Also it could be worse, we could still be at the mercy of RNG Exotic Drops. These are guaranteed exotics, just complete the quest and it's yours.(albeit at a very slow rate) I would gladly wait a couple weeks instead of months before I can get my hand on an exotic.

I don't think anyone is really getting too bent out of shape or even bent out of shape at all. We've seen our share of blow-ups in this community, and this is certainly not one of them.

There are just a lot of people who are disappointed by this time gating, so you're seeing a lot of "This sucks" sort of posts. Voicing my opinion that I'm frustrated with the way Bungie has handled this piece of content does not make me bent out of shape.

Deku Tree

Luke Smith told us not to worry about the Hard Raid in not so many words, on GAF.

I think Luke is a great guy, and I'm really appreciative that he comes into these forums to talk to us...

But now HM KF is recommended 310 light, and the only way to get close to that was to get really lucky with RNG or boringly grind 3oC like a crazy person.

So what is a lowly unlucky with RNG 305 who ran the raid 3x a week supposed to do in HM KF?

Glad people quickly buried that instant gratification post. I can't stand how complaining about something instantly makes you entitled to some people.

All bungie has to do is make these things weekly events. There. It's fixed.

Using "Instant gratification" and "society nowadays" pretty much guarantees that no reasonable adult will take you seriously.

Shito

If I got to the Atheon part of the NTTE quest last night but didn't finish it, will he still drop the item to advance the quest, or did I have to do it yesterday?
Be wary that someone in here is saying he can't get the minotaur item to drop today.
You MIGHT be locked out of Atheon's drop as well, but it's worth tempting, so that we know. :D

I don't have the patience/skill for it. Just find someone with an Atheon checkpoint. That'll be the hardest part of the fight. I know these guys are always like oh yeah that mission was quick and I beat the raid in an hour and such...but the Atheon fight by itself actually is quick if you can get a checkpoint. If I remember right we beat it in under 10 minutes (it may have been like 5) and I had never played VoG before. It's super easy on normal level 26 if most people know what they're doing.
Yeah, it's a really easy fight, some total beginners can even get carried through it easily now.
Killing Atheon with a CP is a 2 minutes affair...

EL CUCO

They said it would scan my inventory and give me a high possibility of dropping something I haven gotten yet, well I'm still waiting for my Warlock Bond on my main character.
I think the loot system in Crotas End was better in that regard. This one feels broken in comparison

It would be nice if the Heroic Playlists started dropping 300+ engrams once you were 300+. There needs to be a chance at high LL gear besides the once per character raid and NF. The LL roll range in those events are too much. Way too easy to have all your drops for the week be lower than your current LL, and that is it until next week.

WipedOut

I don't think anyone is really getting too bent out of shape or even bent out of shape at all. We've seen our share of blow-ups in this community, and this is certainly not one of them.

There are just a lot of people who are disappointed by this time gating, so you're seeing a lot of "This sucks" sort of posts. Voicing my opinion that I'm frustrated with the way Bungie has handled this piece of content does not make me bent out of shape.

Exuse me, poor choice of words, I'm also not pointing out anyone here, it's everywhere destiny in general, it's people I know, reddit, other forums (those exist?)

Owensboro

Luke Smith told us not to worry about the Hard Raid in not so many words.

Now it's recommended 310 light, and the only way to get close to that was to get really lucky with RNG or boringly grind 3oC like a crazy person.

Meh, it's just like any other MMO hard raid release. They expect the "normal" raiding people to try it and beat a few bosses, but not clear it. Each boss drop get them closer to 310 but make them come back 2 or 3 weeks in a row to gear everyone in the fireteam up and clear the last boss. They expect the "super hardcore" raiders to beat it in the first week, either because they have grinded as close to 310 as possible or because they will beat their heads against the last boss until they beat him / find cheese.

All of this is preferable to the old days of "each boss drops 4 pieces of loot and you need to gear up 40 people" Vanilla WoW Nightmares.

Ok, I'll ask around :)

If you can't find one by Saturday let me know. I've got two saved, but will be out of town until Friday night :(

Feorax

Ok, who's up for a fresh KF raid, starting in an hour or so?

1. Feorax (PSN: MattIgoe)
2. CthuluSars
3. biggy70686
4. Liam_Croft

Two spaces left!

Luke Smith told us not to worry about the Hard Raid in not so many words.

Now it's recommended 310 light, and the only way to get close to that was to get really lucky with RNG or boringly grind 3oC like a crazy person.

Why not just start HM with 305 light and pick up some 310/320 armor from Golgoroth?

Most people did KF NM day one with less than 300 light and it was fine, even though 300 light was recommended for Oryx. Getting to 300 outside of playing KF NM was also a huge grind. Gothalion and Broman's team seems to have started at 297, 295, 293,295, 296, 297 based on the world first's video posted to youtube.

That's probably why he didn't see grinding to 310 as something players need to be worried about.

Tovarisc

Luke Smith told us not to worry about the Hard Raid in not so many words, on GAF.

I think Luke is a great guy, and I'm really appreciative that he comes into these forums to talk to us...

But now HM KF is recommended 310 light, and the only way to get close to that was to get really lucky with RNG or boringly grind 3oC like a crazy person.

So what is a lowly unlucky with RNG 305 who ran the raid 3x a week supposed to do in HM KF?

Up their gaming skills to 11 like in old good VoG days when you were 1-2 levels beneath enemies, and almost everything was doing almost OHK damage to you. So don't worry, your gear and level doesn't matter... just play in godtier level of skill!

And hope none of the bosses never ever fire at you. Or adds for that matter.

So how good is sleeper on atheon compared to gjallarhorn

SS is way better for killing Atheon than Gjallarhorn ever was. Even if there was Y2 Gjallarhorn I still would take SS to Atheon just because you can deal full critical damage with every SS shot, but Gjallarhorns wolfpack just can't hit that critical spot for that insane critical damage.

Yeah. It's just alright. I want to spend a bit more time experimenting with barrel options before I finish evaluating it. Maybe we're missing the right combo of perks.

I was on mobile last night so I didn't get a chance to reply to this post! I made a note to do so this morning.

After spending some time with it, the NTTE feels like another "option" exotic. It's something you can use, but would you really?

I prefer my Red Death or Superzell in the Raid and PVE. In PVP I've got my Hawksaw, Nirwens, Red Death, Juju, and the list goes on from there.

I like the perk and the look, but it's an exotic that can easily be outclassed my a legendary gun at this point.

Edit: Also, I said this before, but the quest is 100X better for the NTTE than it was for the SS and First Curse. Except for the time gating stuff, that's just annoying.

I think the point being made is that there is a middle ground. Instead of time gates or a grind-fest, Bungie can simply make it challenging to get a weapon. For example, Black Spindle, without the requirement that the story mission be a daily.

Making it a daily makes it inaccessible to some for a certain amount of time, i understand that. But we're talking about exotic weapons here that are supposed to be... well, very, very rare.

Still completely fine with the daily thing. The only thing that might be an improvement (again, all my twisted opinion) is if they tell is in advance that "something might be happening on day X" etc. I'd be ok with a little warning. But also ok exactly the way it is.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Be wary that someone in here is saying he can't get the minotaur item to drop today.
You MIGHT be locked out of Atheon's drop as well, but it's worth tempting, so that we know. :D

Well shit...I'm at work so I can't test now. I'm sure someone will have confirmed by the time I get home later today.

Making it a daily makes it inaccessible to some for a certain amount of time, i understand that. But we're talking about exotic weapons here that are supposed to be... well, very, very rare.

Still completely fine with the daily thing. The only thing that might be an improvement (again, all my twisted opinion) is if they tell is in advance that "something might be happening on day X" etc. I'd be ok with a little warning. But also ok exactly the way it is.

Telling players in advance would be better, but it would also feel ridiculous having to schedule around that. That starts to make it feel like a job again. They should make these exotic quests their own "event." Make the quest chain a little longer and have them active for an entire week. Black Spindle was really exciting when it was first discovered, but that is such a good challenge, they should make that available for anyone who wants to try it.

Having spindle only accessible when Lost in Light was the Daily Heroic was nice IMO. It made it easier to find a fireteam to help with the mission. If it was accessible all the time people would rush to get it and then it would be harder to find help after a week or so.

Wouldn't mind if they opened it up 24/7 after a few months of being an event, though I suspect that won't happen until Destiny 2 (just like how the elder cipher was removed in TTK).

E92 M3

Yeah Luke is a great guy, but I am not sure why the information has been kinda off - maybe he just doesn't know every decision being made. RNG has been fucking me really good with light level (still only have 300 boots on warlock). It just rubs me the wrong way to have difficulty gated by double RNG rolls. In HoW there was a guaranteed way to get etheric light.

WipedOut

Bro-hug...??

I dunno. What do we do now?

maxresdefault.jpg

Jinjo

Play it and kick Oryx's ass anyway. That's what I'm gonna do. A few light levels ain't gonna stop me. Remember, VoG hard first time was completed by a fireteam that had a few lv28's in it. No one was actually lv30.

We need to stop focusing so much about level, KF is more about execution.
Unlike CE lol

Meh, it's just like any other MMO hard raid release. They expect the "normal" raiding people to try it and beat a few bosses, but not clear it. Each boss drop get them closer to 310 but make them come back 2 or 3 weeks in a row to gear everyone in the fireteam up and clear the last boss. They expect the "super hardcore" raiders to beat it in the first week, either because they have grinded as close to 310 as possible or because they will beat their heads against the last boss until they beat him / find cheese.

All of this is preferable to the old days of "each boss drops 4 pieces of loot and you need to gear up 40 people" Vanilla WoW Nightmares.

If you can't find one by Saturday let me know. I've got two saved, but will be out of town until Friday night :(

I don't like this. By this point, the normal raid for anyone who has ran in every week, should have given the proper gear needed to now tackle the HM raid. Yes, I understand it's all RNG, but that doesn't make it any better.

Either way, as long as KF doesn't turn into a HM crota I will be fine. It should be a good challenge, but not insane.

LiK

I kinda wish the final step in all these daily exotics were like Black Spindle hard. makes it so not everyone gets one so easily. getting Spindle felt like an achievement. getting SS and NTTE was eh

Isn't NM 290LL recommended, the fights ranging between 280-300?

Isn't it safe to say then that HM fights will range between 300-320?

So only for Daughters/Oryx everyone will at least be 10 LL below the enemies, lucky drops in earlier sections notwithstanding.

I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist if this is the case. Challenging content will be challenging. What a surprise.

At least now you have 3 ways to earn 300+ gear

Kings Fall normal, Crucible weekly ans Nightfall

More than the HM raid drops, I am concerned with the added mechanics. I really hope it is more VoG HM and not Crota HM. VoG HM is still fun to this day. Crota HM feels like a strike now.

E92 M3

Play it and kick Oryx's ass anyway. That's what I'm gonna do. A few light levels ain't gonna stop me. Remember, VoG hard first time was completed by a fireteam that had a few lv28's in it. No one was actually lv30.

We need to stop focusing so much about level, KF is more about execution.
Unlike CE lol

To me it's about the principle of Bungie saying one thing and doing another. Of course I will still play HKF, but doesn't mean it's right to have a double RNG roll for armor with only Golgo giving some.

Yeah Luke is a great guy, but I am not sure why the information has been kinda off - maybe he just doesn't know every decision being made. RNG has been fucking me really good with light level (still only have 300 boots on warlock). It just rubs me the wrong way to have difficulty gated by double RNG rolls. In HoW there was a guaranteed way to get etheric light.

I've done the raids every week with my main, Warlock. Still have only gotten 307 Boots on him. Nothing else. I've use 310 Exotics and duplicate pieces from other classes to level him up. Got him to 308 thanks to exotics. My raid drops have been terrible.

Shito

Remember that they are releasing HM KF a week earlier than they first intended to.
Even that would probably have been a little too soon, but it can help explain all the "I don't feel like I'm ready for this!"...

E92 M3

I've done the raids every week with my main, Warlock. Still have only gotten 307 Boots on him. Nothing else. I've use 310 Exotics and duplicate pieces from other classes to level him up. Got him to 308 thanks to exotics. My raid drops have been terrible.

Boots have never even dropped for my warlock and there are no exotics to level them up with lol. Way too much RNG on the rolls. It wouldn't be as bad if Golgo wasn't the only one to give armor.

Telling players in advance would be better, but it would also feel ridiculous having to schedule around that. That starts to make it feel like a job again. They should make these exotic quests their own "event." Make the quest chain a little longer and have them active for an entire week. Black Spindle was really exciting when it was first discovered, but that is such a good challenge, they should make that available for anyone who wants to try it.

Having spindle only accessible when Lost in Light was the Daily Heroic was nice IMO. It made it easier to find a fireteam to help with the mission. If it was accessible all the time people would rush to get it and then it would be harder to find help after a week or so.

Wouldn't mind if they opened it up 24/7 after a few months of being an event, though I suspect that won't happen until Destiny 2 (just like how the elder cipher was removed in TTK).

Maybe a 3 day event window or something would be a perfect compromise? I'm an odd, video-game-masochistic, who loves these harder, hidden, limited and rare events. Hell, i'd love to see some "only available for 4 hours today" events that offer crazy rewards. I think it would be amazing (even if i couldnt make them, ever) to be part of a chaotic, frenzied community rush that only lasted part of a day for some epic loot!

Lnkn52

I kinda wish the final step in all these daily exotics were like Black Spindle hard. makes it so not everyone gets one so easily. getting Spindle felt like an achievement. getting SS and NTTE was eh

NTTE Quest was alot better than the SS Quest. And if you wanted a challenge yesterday, probably soloing the black garden part of the quest would be right up there with the Spindle Event minus the timer.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Post attempt #8 (I'm sorry for spamming this over the last few days)

Anyone interested in a Blind, Newbie, "We're all gonna die!" Normal Mode King's Fall raid for either this Friday or Saturday? I've neither read boss strategies or plan on doing it as It's more fun to explore/figure out these big endgame raids yourself. I'm probably also going to institute a "if people are getting frustrated let's look at a strategy online" policy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

You'll need a light level as close to 290 as possible! Also, a 280 main weapon (minimum), a high impact sniper, and a machine gun.

People for All-newbie Friday ~8pm EST (and/or some other various time Saturday[We can figure out a more definite time when we have a crew lined up]) King's Fall (Normal) raid:
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq)
2. DarKshodaN (PSN: Darkshodan84)
~. Emouse (PSN: ___)(GMT [+4 hours]) (Friday night a problem due to time)
~. DaveInc (PSN: ___) (currently Light Level 275. Needs ~290)
~. Moose_Wrangler- (PSN: Moose_Wrangler-) (currently 272. Needs ~290)
3. Pandora 012 (PSN: Pandora012)

Reserve 1: tarzanpuyol (PSN: picklesandrobots) (Saturday definitely, Friday possible)

Once we get a list of 6 we'll hammer out a specific start time.

If there are spots still open, my wife and I are looking to get in on our first raid. I'm 298 at my highest and I think she's around 295? My PSN is Xeyark and hers is Nexcay. We'd definitely be able to do Friday evening or Saturday.

Edit: Eek! My first top post... This is all I got as far as cool gifs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom