• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Maybe a 3 day event window or something would be a perfect compromise? I'm an odd, video-game-masochistic, who loves these harder, hidden, limited and rare events. Hell, i'd love to see some "only available for 4 hours today" events that offer crazy rewards. I think it would be amazing (even if i couldnt make them, ever) to be part of a chaotic, frenzied community rush that only lasted part of a day for some epic loot!

Only available for 4 hours because fuck you working people lol.

Boots have never even dropped for my warlock and there are no exotics to level them up with lol. Way too much RNG on the rolls. It wouldn't be as bad if Golgo wasn't the only one to give armor.

I had 310 raid boots drop on my Hunter who had 305 raid boots. I used the 310 boots as infusion for my Warlock. Still stuck with a 297 class item.

LiK

NTTE Quest was alot better than the SS Quest. And if you wanted a challenge yesterday, probably soloing the black garden part of the quest would be right up there with the Spindle Event minus the timer.

I soloed the Black Garden part and it wasn't that bad. :3

Shito

NTTE Quest was alot better than the SS Quest. And if you wanted a challenge yesterday, probably soloing the black garden part of the quest would be right up there with the Spindle Event minus the timer.
Watched slayerage solo this last part of the quest yesterday, and it didn't seem that bad, really.
The fact that you can't wipe on it makes it just a matter of keeping your percentage above 100% while managing to get a shot or two on the boss before dying.

Lnkn52

Isn't NM 290LL recommended, the fights ranging between 280-300?

Isn't it safe to say then that HM fights will range between 300-320?

So only for Daughters/Oryx everyone will at least be 10 LL below the enemies, lucky drops in earlier sections notwithstanding.

I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist if this is the case. Challenging content will be challenging. What a surprise.

Tears please, you have the SoMs to back you up...

Tovarisc

Telling players in advance would be better, but it would also feel ridiculous having to schedule around that. That starts to make it feel like a job again. They should make these exotic quests their own "event." Make the quest chain a little longer and have them active for an entire week. Black Spindle was really exciting when it was first discovered, but that is such a good challenge, they should make that available for anyone who wants to try it.

People who want to get on all Destiny: TTK content when it comes available already have to schedule around Destiny. You have to login every day to see if another time gate has been lifted for that day, and then use X hours to complete content if something time gated was unlocked. For that audience, which is most of DGAF imo, it's already scheduling thing and can feel equivalent to job.

Like yesterday when me and my friend were about to log out for the day we learned about NTTE quest being available. We knew we better do it all now and asap because we couldn't trust Bungie to keep it available after next daily reset, but felt that Bungie will put that back behind time gate switch.

Bungie hasn't made Destiny any more player friendly in this regard, worse in a way imo.

I also feel that questlines for exotic gear [I expect those 3 exotic armors to be behind time gated quests] should be longer and meatier, and once activated either be available 1-2 weeks or just forever and become into Director after completing e.g. Taken Wars.

Homeboyd

Boots have never even dropped for my warlock and there are no exotics to level them up with lol. Way too much RNG on the rolls. It wouldn't be as bad if Golgo wasn't the only one to give armor.
Still using blue gloves on my hunter and blue class item on my warlock. PLEASE.

GorillaJu

I think the raid should give you loot that is guaranteed to be higher light than what you have equipped.

So many in our group were talking about how pointless it is to run the raid and get 300 boots when you have 305 boots equipped.

Bungie said in the Twitch reveals that we would have smart loot. Then it just didn't happen and Luke Smith told us that on these forums but only two weeks after the raid came out.

I guess their thinking would be that at this point in time, it's too early for people to be getting up to 310 in droves. They just want to keep people playing continuously, and no matter how much you enjoy the combat and the game, once you hit max level and you've done all the game has to offer, interest takes a nose dive. I know there are new exotics coming out every once in a while, but what are you going to use them on if you've already cleared the shit out of the raid and gotten everything you need? There needs to be some practical use to the new things they release every week, and if they guarantee upgrades on your equipment, the community will outpace their new content.

Just playing devil's advocate here, I agree it's frustrating as fuck :p

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
This is what i dont understand... i feel the same way. I'll gladly wait for a date that i KNOW i'll get a specific exotic rather than have the "potential" to have a chance at it sometime or other.

IDK... i still dig the idea of "exotic days" and limited time events to complete. It's something new... provides a nice little community-rush that day and forces us to keep looking for new "secrets" in dailys and other events. Hell, really makes you think twice about skipping the daily now doesn't it?! ;)

I'm not sure whats hard to understand. These aren't 'guaranteed' exotics in any way. If you don't play everyday or can't play on whichever day Bungie decides to turn them on they are actually impossible exotics. Someone could play the game for hundreds of hours and never get them if they aren't available at a specific real world time.

Personally I haven't missed anything so far but I've also been playing much more than I would really like to. It's easy to see how people feel like this is turning into a job. It's play everyday or miss out until bungie randomly flips a switch right now and even then you could miss out every time. Or at least that's how it's starting to feel.

Jinjo

To me it's about the principle of Bungie saying one thing and doing another. Of course I will still play HKF, but doesn't mean it's right to have a double RNG roll for armor with only Golgo giving some.

Ah like that, yeah I'd have to agree. I have never gotten a Heavy weapon roll on War Priest for instance. It's my only sub 300 item and main weakness.

Owensboro

I don't like this. By this point, the normal raid for anyone who has ran in every week, should have given the proper gear needed to now tackle the HM raid. Yes, I understand it's all RNG, but that doesn't make it any better.

Either way, as long as KF doesn't turn into a HM crota I will be fine. It should be a good challenge, but not insane.

*shrugs* that's just kind of how MMO's keep their player bases playing the same stuff over and over. You make the gear the limiting factor and require people to do dungeons/raids over and over to properly gear up for the later bosses. Those with more skill can kill it faster at a sever disadvantage if they get stubborn enough. Luckily, Destiny hasn't gone the route of requiring everyone in the raid to get one specific, severely limited, random drop item just to survive a bosses OHK move.

EDIT: But now that I think about it the variable loot levels kind of add a whole no wrench into the equation. At least in WoW when the raid item you wanted dropped you KNEW it was absolutely 100% better than what you had. Now you have to hope for a higher light level or hope that you have the stockpile of gear to immediately infuse it up to snuff.

Good lord, during that entire last part I kept thinking "This would be absolute hell if it was a no-respawn zone". Thank god I was able to Void Sword spin + Zerg boss to beat it.

Lnkn52

Watched slayerage solo this last part of the quest yesterday, and it didn't seem that bad, really.
The fact that you can't wipe on it makes it just a matter of keeping your percentage above 100% while managing to get a shot or two on the boss before dying.

I soloed the Black Garden part and it wasn't that bad. :3

I suppose. All the negativity these days on DGAF though.

And don't act like SoMs never help anyone with said challenging content either :p

(feel free to call on us when our pro team has cleared it bud)

Negativity is just polarized by over reactions.

BTW has anyone seen this Drake edit LOL:

https://vine.co/v/e93tnJuO6El

flkraven

Got this game on routine-mode now. Get home from work around 6, able to run the NTTE quest entire line including all of VOG, eat, King's Fall, help a buddy with the daily secret ghosts, do vanguard dailies and catch up on gunsmith bounties. Even getting to bed at a reasonable time!

Isn't NM 290LL recommended, the fights ranging between 280-300?

Isn't it safe to say then that HM fights will range between 300-320?

So only for Daughters/Oryx everyone will at least be 10 LL below the enemies, lucky drops in earlier sections notwithstanding.

I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist if this is the case. Challenging content will be challenging. What a surprise.

There's a huge difference in challenge between VoG HM and Crota HM. Folks don't want another Crota HM. That content felt like it was made with the intent to break players. I for one do not want that again. I want a good challenge, not Destiny Dark Souls.

Trakan

Yeah they need enough content to keep people playing because when people keep playing then more people will buy their cosmetic MTs, and then also more people will buy Destiny 2.

That said they are really stretching out the KF raid much longer than they did for VoG or CE.

CE hard mode came out 6 weeks after TDB launched. It's about the same here.

purg3

slept with Malkin
There's a huge difference in challenge between VoG HM and Crota HM. Folks don't want another Crota HM. That content felt like it was made with the intent to break players. I for one do not want that again. I want a good challenge, not Destiny Dark Souls.

This. VoG HM was a challenge, where as CE HM was just cheap.

Only available for 4 hours because fuck you working people lol.

IF they did crazy elusive events like that i'd hope they'd fall on a weekend like Trials. IF they didn't... would suck for sure.

I'm not sure whats hard to understand. These aren't 'guaranteed' exotics in any way. If you don't play everyday or can't play on whichever day Bungie decides to turn them on they are actually impossible exotics. Someone could play the game for hundreds of hours and never get them if they aren't available at a specific real world time.

Personally I haven't missed anything so far but I've also been playing much more than I would really like to. It's easy to see how people feel like this is turning into a job. It's play everyday or miss out until bungie randomly flips a switch right now and even then you could miss out every time. Or at least that's how it's starting to feel.

First: i'm not addressing YOU specifically here in any way! :)

Nobody is entitled to even the opportunity to these events... i think this "we're paying for the game we deserve access to every single thing in it" mentality is understandable but missing the whole point. These are supposed to be extremely rare exotics. Weapons that make you whisper to your fireteam when you see them on the back of someone in the tower. Not something to Pokemon-up. It's ok to miss out. It's ok to fail and to have bad things happen. That's life and Destiny is just a video game.

I honestly wish there was another post-exotic level of gear and weapons that were truly "exotic" in rarity.

lt519

So I take it No Time To Explain isn't popping for people today? That's a bummer, would have loved to get it today and level it for the HM raid. Had to work all day the first day the daily came out, odds are I'll be busy the next time. Not a good way to do content.

These are supposed to be extremely rare exotics.

Rare implies some randomness or limited quantity. Not limited window to get it once every week. I'm not salty, because I'll get it eventually and I have plenty of other fun weapons. But it is a bummer, and nearly impossible to defend the implementation of these exotic quests. The only defense I can think of is that 90% of us are using guides and not solving the puzzles ourselves, but even then that doesn't excuse putting it on a schedule. Having people run around for a month looking for Sleeper Stimulant when it wasn't even available is just silly.

Taborcarn

All of this is preferable to the old days of "each boss drops 4 pieces of loot and you need to gear up 40 people" Vanilla WoW Nightmares.

Or it can be like old Everquest where it drops one piece of loot, and you have to leave an alt sitting where it spawns for 3 days because another raid group can come snipe it.

So I take it No Time To Explain isn't popping for people today? That's a bummer, would have loved to get it today and level it for the HM raid. Had to work all day the first day the daily came out, odds are I'll be busy the next time. Not a good way to do content.

No, I did the ghosts yesterday and it's not popping today.

*shrugs* that's just kind of how MMO's keep their player bases playing the same stuff over and over. You make the gear the limiting factor and require people to do dungeons/raids over and over to properly gear up for the later bosses. Those with more skill can kill it faster at a sever disadvantage if they get stubborn enough. Luckily, Destiny hasn't gone the route of requiring everyone in the raid to get one specific, severely limited, random drop item just to survive a bosses OHK move.

EDIT: But now that I think about it the variable loot levels kind of add a whole no wrench into the equation. At least in WoW when the raid item you wanted dropped you KNEW it was absolutely 100% better than what you had. Now you have to hope for a higher light level or hope that you have the stockpile of gear to immediately infuse it up to snuff.

Good lord, during that entire last part I kept thinking "This would be absolute hell if it was a no-respawn zone". Thank god I was able to Void Sword spin + Zerg boss to beat it.

Sure, but why does Destiny need to do that? Why does that have to be the norm for this game? It doesn't. That's my point. Also, I'm sorry if I am coming across harsh in any way whatsoever. None of that is directed at you :)

Also, WoW had an item like that? Haha. That would have made me quit the game. That's insane.

Don't worry it's not "that good" in the raid setting in my opinion. The regenerating ammo isn't as nice as i thought it would be due to the very nature of a pulse rifle. Not every bullet makes precision-hit contact and thus your magazine will keep depleting even with super perfect accuracy. Some bullets are always hitting chest or above the head on the majority of enemies.

Tovarisc

Quest went live 7PM CEST yesterday so people should wait until then before losing hope, like I said earlier. ~3h from now, if you don't live EU.

Don't worry it's not "that good" in the raid setting in my opinion. The regenerating ammo isn't as nice as i thought it would be due to the very nature of a pulse rifle. Not every bullet makes precision-hit contact and thus your magazine will keep depleting even with super perfect accuracy. Some bullets are always hitting chest or above the head on the majority of enemies.

Warpriest and Golgoroth, NTTE + Stare + raid LMG could be cool kit to run with.

Kyne

the sum of my feelings on this 5 week exotic HC I've been working on.

tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

seriously bungie. Buff the fucking handcannons.

Yeah but there are three encounters in the raid that have super easy precision targets to unload in. Seems like it could be a ToM alternative for those who don't have it yet.

lt519

Just from looking at the stats it looked better than the Raid Pulse which is what I use anyway (well maybe Nirwen's now). So having some ammo regenerate would be better than none. I agree, I'm bummed, not pissed or irate. I was interested to try it on Golgoroth as the Cursed Thrall duty. Carry that around take out the cursed thrall and pop in and out of the pool to add some damage.

Quest went live 7PM CEST yesterday so people should wait until then before losing hope, like I said earlier. ~3h from now, if you don't live EU.

Fingers crossed, my last night with a chance to do the whole quest line before Friday. And only have an hour tonight at that.

P44

the sum of my feelings on this 5 week exotic HC I've been working on.

tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

seriously bungie. Buff the fucking handcannons.

Fuck bloom.

Fuck everything about it.

Rate of fire should effect how quickly I shoot, if I steady my gun and fire as fast as possible whilst steadying my gun, don't make up some bullshit bullet trajectory.

No one wants another HM Crota. Just awful.

I think Nooblet did the math earlier that 11-13 light levels now are 1 level in the old system. With some luck with drops (big if, I know) most people will be well within the 1-11 light difference range.

And even if you don't get within that range, at least this time we can get on the boss' light level, unlike Crota/Skolas. Not everyone will be able to finish it week 1, but at least you can look forward to closing the LL gap and having a better shot at the boss.

If anything, I look at this as a huge improvement. The BS Golgoroth armor drops notwithstanding.

We don't know what crazy mechanics will be thrown at us ofcourse, but ToM also simplifies the Oryx fight greatly. Lower LL doesn't even matter that much with that gun (nerf incoming? D: )

Warpriest and Golgoroth, NTTE + Stare + raid LMG could be cool kit to run with.

Yeah but there are three encounters in the raid that have super easy precision targets to unload in. Seems like it could be a ToM alternative for those who don't have it yet.

Very true! I thought of the same thing... but then i'd just take out a Spindle at that point. And then when it comes to adds... Bad JuJu is FAR superior with it's hip-fire, penetration, super build bonus and ammo regen on kills.

NTTE is an awesome base PR with decent perks... but not exotic level by any means.

Homeboyd

Lets be real, you don't care about those classes at all ;)

ESPECIALLY your poor Warlock.
Of course I don't. Hunter is ok but my goodness those warlocks are garbagio. Doesn't take away from the fact that I'm still using blue gloves and blue class items bc that's the best that's dropped for those scrubbos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom