• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

If there are spots still open, my wife and I are looking to get in on our first raid. I'm 298 at my highest and I think she's around 295? My PSN is Xeyark and hers is Nexcay. We'd definitely be able to do Friday evening or Saturday.

Edit: Eek! My first top post... This is all I got as far as cool gifs...

Awesome! That about fills up the entire roster at the moment, even with an alternate or two. I'll try and get a big group message together and we can figure out a time to start. To all those that have said they want to come, Light Level is going to be the biggest determining factor. A higher success rate going in is going to make people much less stressed and up for having fun!
I also accept bribes.

Oh, and I absolutely want to look at a guide for the Fragments in the Raid. Definitely don't want to miss those.

Tovarisc

Very true! I thought of the same thing... but then i'd just take out a Spindle at that point. And then when it comes to adds... Bad JuJu is FAR superior with it's hip-fire, penetration, super build bonus and ammo regen on kills.

NTTE is an awesome base PR with decent perks... but not exotic level by any means.

Neither is Spindle, it's base sniper rifle with decent perks and fancy special ability that is bring over from legendary sniper rifle. Only really special exotics in Y2 are ones like ToM that have infinite ammo, as long you have HP.

When I look at Spidle and then King's Fall I can't think but one encounter [Golgo] where it can really shine, and can remotely be considered mandatory for sustained DPS. Even then I could just equip raid weapons and rotate them, or equip NTTE and do sustained DPS.

EL CUCO

My Titan has cleared KF every week since launch and still has blue 300 boots and a 300 Ghost shell. He's gotten Gauntlets once, and 6 chest pieces though...

Edit: I forgot about my 296 legendary helm...

Trakan

Neither is Spindle, it's base sniper rifle with decent perks and fancy special ability that is bring over from legendary sniper rifle. Only really special exotics in Y2 are ones like ToM that have infinite ammo, as long you have HP.

When I look at Spidle and then King's Fall I can't think but one encounter [Golgo] where it can really shine, and even remotely can be considered mandatory for sustained DPS. Even then I could just equip raid weapons and rotate them, or equip NTTE and do sustained DPS.

I somewhat agree with you on Spindle, but it's still great for constant DPS. You won't come close to it with cocoon weapons. Ntte on the other hand has no redeeming qualities for an exotic.

My Titan has cleared KF every week since launch and still has blue 300 boots and a 300 Ghost shell. He's gotten Gauntlets once, and 6 chest pieces though...

Up until last week, I only had like one pair of gauntlets on 1 of my characters since launch. The last couple of weeks have been more generous though.

When I look at Spidle and then King's Fall I can't think but one encounter [Golgo] where it can really shine, and even remotely can be considered mandatory for sustained DPS. Even then I could just equip raid weapons and rotate them, or equip NTTE and do sustained DPS.

I agree completely; however, my point was to show it's similar perk is more effective in the battles we both suggested compared to the lackluster NTTE. Spindle does more DPS than NTTE easily.

Hopefully it is revealed in a PvE event, that all of this bullshit time gating has been the work of Atheon: The Vex Time Lord, and we have to go back to the future to kill him again to prevent future exotic quests from being time gated.

Well quest went live 7PM CEST yesterday so people who did Paradox yesterday should wait at least until then before losing hope.

Ah I guess I just attributed that to Bungie triggering it when the patch went live. I'd assume if it were going to be available to us today then it would've been after the daily reset.

I'm guessing we have to wait til it's the daily again.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
IF they did crazy elusive events like that i'd hope they'd fall on a weekend like Trials. IF they didn't... would suck for sure.

First: i'm not addressing YOU specifically here in any way! :)

Nobody is entitled to even the opportunity to these events... i think this "we're paying for the game we deserve access to every single thing in it" mentality is understandable but missing the whole point. These are supposed to be extremely rare exotics. Weapons that make you whisper to your fireteam when you see them on the back of someone in the tower. Not something to Pokemon-up. It's ok to miss out. It's ok to fail and to have bad things happen. That's life and Destiny is just a video game.

I honestly wish there was another post-exotic level of gear and weapons that were truly "exotic" in rarity.

Right.. but of course people are going to be unhappy when they miss out. I mean I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. If you're saying that it doesn't matter if some people are unhappy then that's one thing I guess but I don't need to the to add value to an item by taking it away from others. I don't see any reason this game should be tying things to specific real life days. Of course people will be unhappy when they miss out, that's not a good way to add value to the game in my opinion. If Destiny is 'just a video game' than why should anyone miss out at all? It's not important right?

Anyway I appropriate your comments but I disagree that this is a good way to add value to this game. I have some stuff others don't just because I could play on a day others were busy. That doesn't feel 'special' to me personally. It just feels stupid.

Black Spindle worked, big challenge that's repeated often with an instant reward. This time gating stuff has been a total failure for me.

Right.. but of course people are going to be unhappy when they miss out. I mean I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. If you're saying that it doesn't matter if some people are unhappy then that's one thing I guess but I don't need to the to add value to an item by taking it away from others. I don't see any reason this game should be tying things to specific real life days. Of course people will be unhappy when they miss out, that's not a good way to add value to the game in my opinion. If Destiny is 'just a video game' than why should anyone miss out at all? It's not important right?

Anyway I appropriate your comments but I disagree that this is a good way to add value to this game. I have some stuff others don't just because I could play on a day others were busy. That doesn't feel 'special' to me personally. It just feels stupid.

Black Spindle worked, big challenge that's repeated often with an instant reward. This time gating stuff has been a total failure for me.

Being available on a certain day is not the least of the requirements for the majority of these quests. Just look at how many people still don't have a Spindle after trying each time it was available dozens of times. The last mission for NTTE was fucking insane as well! You can't tell me that even most above avg players will finish that part easily... most at all.

I can TOTALLY see where you're coming from... but i'll stick to my guns and say i personally approve of these "limited time offers". :)

Anyone pick up guns at the Gunsmiff today? I double checked and the only one I considered was the 2nd Hakke Shotgun this week. It seems to have decent rolls for PVP.

The news of hard raid just reminds me how shitty my drops have been in KF. With CE, I had everything I wanted before HM was announced. This time it's much different. Hopefully ~306 LL will be good enough.

Warlock (6 clears)
Helmet - None
Arms - 303 LL
Chest - 304 **update**
Legs - 304 **update**
Class - 302

Titan (4 clears)
Helmet - None
Arms - 308
Chest - 307
Legs - 308
Class - 308

Hunter (5 clears)
Helmet - None
Arms - None
Chest - None
Legs - 306
Class - 304

Ghost - 310
Updated my previous post with new drops from two runs last night.

So after 15 clears I still have no helmets and 304 LL is the highest drop for my main (warlock). RNG sucks =/

If HM is the same bullshit with just higher attack/def numbers and re-skined guns I'm out. Full me once...

Taborcarn

Anyone pick up guns at the Gunsmiff today? I double checked and the only one I considered was the 2nd Hakke Shotgun this week. It seems to have decent rolls for PVP.

I got that shotgun too. Also the Omolon scout is like a mini-Tlaloc, and the Hakke AR is like a mini-Fabian Strategy. I wonder if one of the hand cannons this week will be a mini-Ace of Spades?

Tovarisc

I somewhat agree with you on Spindle, but it's still great for constant DPS. You won't come close to it with cocoon weapons. Ntte on the other hand has no redeeming qualities for an exotic.

I agree completely; however, my point was to show it's similar perk is more effective in the battles we both suggested compared to the lackluster NTTE. Spindle does more DPS than NTTE easily.

Miss single shot with Spindle because boss flinched few inches to wrong direction because friend shot 1.2 seconds before you and you are in for long reload cycle, even with reload speed gloves. Something like Stare does very awesome DPS while has advantage of fast reloads. Only boss where Spindle is guaranteed to shine is Golgo because that sucker won't and can't flinch, and even then is limited by amount of special ammo you have. Edit: daughters is also very dodgy encounter for Spindle because bosses flinch + scope flinch from adds shooting at you => pick up ToM.

When putting Spindle and NTTE next to each other and claiming NTTE doesn't deserve to be exotic is just mind boggling to me. Spindle is just as undeserving if we judge them by their perks.

Number45

Is it possible to up the mix between chat and game audio in the Gold headset? Couldn't hear a fucking thing with game and chat audio both outputting to the headphones.

And that's pretty much the only one. Rolls on the scout, sniper and rocket were not worth it. From what I understand you can save some of these packages for other weeks right? Might save the scout rifle package.

Owensboro

Sure, but why does Destiny need to do that? Why does that have to be the norm for this game? It doesn't. That's my point. Also, I'm sorry if I am coming across harsh in any way whatsoever. None of that is directed at you :)

Also, WoW had an item like that? Haha. That would have made me quit the game. That's insane.

Oh don't worry, no offense taken <3.

Destiny needs to do it from the cold, hard business part of their model. They need to keep people playing, and if you're spending so much time and money building these raid encounters you want people to play them over and over. I'm eagerly awaiting the moment they realize they are spending too many resources on what only around 5%-10% of the population is playing, add matchmaking, and then have to add an "easy" version of the raids that basically neuter any raid mechanics and drop inferior (but still "Tier") loot.

On that WoW topic, that WoW item was called "Onyxia's Cloak", and protected you from getting OHK'd by the final Dragon Boss' Flame Breath attack that hit everyone in the raid. You could only get it by completing a crazy long quest chain to even let you fight Onyxia in the first place, and even then you needed someone with their skinning profession totally leveled up AND a random drop item from a boss (Finkle's Skinner) that increased their skinning skill over the hard cap. Upon skinning her, you'd only get 3-4 scales, where each one could be used to make one cloak. You needed a cloak for every person in the raid (40 people). You could only kill Onyxia once per week. It required 40 people to kill Onyxia. In all honesty, it was a ton of fun figuring all that crap out, and I really miss those days of a tight 40+ person guild killing massive bosses to help everyone in the guild out. But holy shit did I waste a ton of my life playing that game.

Is it possible to up the mix between chat and game audio in the Gold headset? Couldn't hear a fucking thing with game and chat audio both outputting to the headphones.

Depending on who I'm with on the party, I'll turn either the voice louder or the in game music louder, on the headphones. When you're wearing it, there are buttons on the front on the left headpiece.

For more modification, you can go into Destiny Sound Settings in the state menu, and you can turn down/up volume of in game music and in game chat.

Profit!

Miss single shot with Spindle because boss flinched few inches to wrong direction because friend shot 1.2 seconds before you and you are in for long reload cycle, even with reload speed gloves. Something like Stare does very awesome DPS while has advantage of fast reloads. Only boss where Spindle is guaranteed to shine is Golgo because that sucker won't and can't flinch, and even then is limited by amount of special ammo you have.

When putting Spindle and NTTE next to each other and claiming NTTE doesn't deserve to be exotic is just mind boggling to me. Spindle is just as undeserving if we judge them by their perks.

Oh, no i agree they both dont deserve to be exotics! I'm not really a fan of either. But then again... i believe Destiny is on a path to release a post-exotic tier weapon class in Destiny 2 (no proof just me-thinks) so exotics well be ho-hum until we see this new tier emerge next year. I'm most likely 99% wrong though and Bungie just wants more guns to be competitively viable in both PvP and PvE lol

That said... the only three exotics that are true exotics to me right now are Bad JuJu, Supercell and Invective... all for their obvious reasons.

I got that shotgun too. Also the Omolon scout is like a mini-Tlaloc, and the Hakke AR is like a mini-Fabian Strategy. I wonder if one of the hand cannons this week will be a mini-Ace of Spades?

And that's pretty much the only one. Rolls on the scout, sniper and rocket were not worth it. From what I understand you can save some of these packages for other weeks right? Might save the scout rifle package.

I'm running out of room holding all these packages and guns!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Finally reached 300+ across all three guardians. Need to do Kingsfall again today on my Warlock and hope I can get the chest piece since I'm using a rare at 294. Still haven't managed to get any Hunter gear apart from the cloak.

Titan - 302
Warlock - 301
Hunter - 301

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
All I need is a 310 ghost to reach 310 overall. COME ON RNG. Why do I keep getting light 300 ghosts?!?!!

Shiv47

This would be good to know, as my PS4 will either output both to the Gold, or both to the receiver. It's supposed to let you channel chat audio only to the Gold, but it no longer works that way.

Edit: saw response above, will try that.

The Armsday scout sucks today? Damnit! I picked one up. I need a scout for PvP badly.

All the options had perks for situations you don't want to find yourself in IMO, e.g. improved range and handling after revival, ammo refill when critically wounded.
I'll just save this package for now.

Feorax

Raid might start a little later than advertised. Not by too much, but I'm waiting on someone else before I can get the group together and they're fucking about.

If anyone is anxious to get going then by all means feel free to fire it up and I'll join on you as soon as I can.

Edit: oh ffs not again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom