• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Updated my previous post with new drops from two runs last night.

So after 15 clears I still have no helmets and 304 LL is the highest drop for my main (warlock). RNG sucks =/

If HM is the same bullshit with just higher attack/def numbers and re-skined guns I'm out. Full me once...

I'm not getting my hopes up. They designed HM first and scaled back from NM. They probably re-touched encounters here and there and added a yellow bar to foil some of our strategies but for the most part the mechanics are probably pretty solidified.

That being said staying alive will be the problem. All our new toys we've acquired since NM released is going to make HM that much easier DPS wise even if we are under leveled. It's just going to a bitch when a yellow knight OHK you during a Oryx run and your entire team has to wipe because there are no revives.

Is it possible to up the mix between chat and game audio in the Gold headset? Couldn't hear a fucking thing with game and chat audio both outputting to the headphones.

There is a dedicated button the headset for this very thing. It only works in party chat though. I don't remember if there is any ingame mixer for fireteam chat. But if in party chat, you can dial this up and down with the buttons on the front of your left ear on the gold headset.

E92 M3

the sum of my feelings on this 5 week exotic HC I've been working on.

tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

seriously bungie. Buff the fucking handcannons.

Bungie hates Tex Mechanica and the Chaperone will be getting nerfed as well!

Void Flayer Mantle is finally mine

I've actually fallen in love with my pimp cloak from Tanniks.

Oh don't worry, no offense taken <3.

Destiny needs to do it from the cold, hard business part of their model. They need to keep people playing, and if you're spending so much time and money building these raid encounters you want people to play them over and over. I'm eagerly awaiting the moment they realize they are spending too many resources on what only around 5%-10% of the population is playing, add matchmaking, and then have to add an "easy" version of the raids that basically neuter any raid mechanics and drop inferior (but still "Tier") loot.

On that WoW topic, that WoW item was called "Onyxia's Cloak", and protected you from getting OHK'd by the final Dragon Boss' Flame Breath attack that hit everyone in the raid. You could only get it by completing a crazy long quest chain to even let you fight Onyxia in the first place, and even then you needed someone with their skinning profession totally leveled up AND a random drop item from a boss (Finkle's Skinner) that increased their skinning skill over the hard cap. Upon skinning her, you'd only get 3-4 scales, where each one could be used to make one cloak. You needed a cloak for every person in the raid (40 people). You could only kill Onyxia once per week. It required 40 people to kill Onyxia. In all honesty, it was a ton of fun figuring all that crap out, and I really miss those days of a tight 40+ person guild killing massive bosses to help everyone in the guild out. But holy shit did I waste a ton of my life playing that game.

If Destiny required even more time commitment, I probably wouldn't be playing it. What you described sounds like a such a hassle - even from an organizational standpoint.

LiK

I think I'm done sending PSN messages to request to join games. People always message me eons later that they missed my message or had notifications off. I'm just gonna jump in if there's a spot.

I think I'm done sending PSN messages to request to join games. People always message me eons later that they missed my message or had notifications off. I'm just gonna jump in if there's a spot.
Sorry :( felt I didn't help with this situation at all last week.

You can kill her when she first appears. Kill her, grab loot, die, start over.

Get a group with at least one Ninja that can shadowshot.

1 First encounter with her, shadowshot her ass burn her to the ground with dps.
2 Collect loot
3 Kill adds to regain super (leave at least one add alive)
4 Dance till add or adds kill you
5 Profit!

And this is still viable? Decent drops without ToC's usage? Hmmm, i could really use to get my alt warlock up from 296... hmmm....

Lnkn52

Join and THEN send the message that you're joining. #WINNING

LiK doesn't need invitations.

fuck being polite

Here in 'Murica we take what we want... Alaska! Fuck you Russia take some crappy money its ours. Oil.. we will frak till OPEC is dead.

Your fine LiK you take those spots. They are yours by Manifest Destiny.

Liamc723

Raid might start a little later than advertised. Not by too much, but I'm waiting on someone else before I can get the group together and they're fucking about.

If anyone is anxious to get going then by all means feel free to fire it up and I'll join on you as soon as I can.

Edit: oh ffs not again.

How much longer are we talking?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Could you please elaborate on the Omnigul farm?

X2... i never got a clear explanation on how people are farming this encounter.

Only works if you have 2 other people to run it with. At least 2 hunters preferred. Basically when you get to the part where you first encounter her before the final boss room, you can tether her and kill her quick. She drops loot. Kill some adds and wipe. You start over right at that same spot where she spawns. Rinse and repeat. You should be able to do a run in about 2 mins or so. Rack up the engrams.

blackflag

I got a Hori FPS Plus yesterday. Impressions so far are that its amazing.

The sticks feel great. The triggers are great. You can reprogram the button mapping.

There is a button by where your finger would rest on the back of the controller that when you push drops the sensitivity. So when you are running and jumping and getting a target in your crosshairs you can have sensitivity up then hold that for mor precise movements when aiming at the crit spot or whatever. There's also a slider to modify the sensitivity when you hold the button.

You can also program buttons to be turbo. Made the right trigger turbo and my Hung Jury became auto. Worked great with Nirwen's mercy too.

It's wired with a long cord so I count that as a plus actually. No more running out of power.

Afrocious

I have some thoughts on what could be the Hard Mode changes in mechanics for King's Fall, but before I share them, I gotta ask: What were the mechanic changes in Crota's End from Normal to Hard? That's the only raid I never 'learned'.

PuMa

So no Trials this weekend even though Shadowshot glitched was fixed...???? Because they are launching HM raid?! Whyyyyyyyy

CSPdMa6cUqwV2.gif

I have some thoughts on what could be the Hard Mode changes in mechanics for King's Fall, but before I share them, I gotta ask: What were the mechanic changes in Crota's End from Normal to Hard? That's the only raid I never 'learned'.

I believe the only changes were how many times Crota glitched.

It went from unbearable to batshit crazy are you kidding me!

blackflag

I can't think of any mechanic changes. It was lazy. They just added yellow knights with shields and made everything overlevelled.

LiK

I got a Hori FPS Plus yesterday. Impressions so far are that its amazing.

The sticks feel great. The triggers are great. You can reprogram the button mapping.

There is a button by where your finger would rest on the back of the controller that when you push drops the sensitivity. So when you are running and jumping and getting a target in your crosshairs you can have sensitivity up then hold that for mor precise movements when aiming at the crit spot or whatever. There's also a slider to modify the sensitivity when you hold the button.

You can also program buttons to be turbo. Made the right trigger turbo and my Hung Jury became auto. Worked great with Nirwen's mercy too.

It's wired with a long cord so I count that as a plus actually. No more running out of power.

please tell me how to map Turbo to R2!

WipedOut

Maybe only played dust palace a couple times before yesterday.

Ran 3 Nightfalls and got the Void and Solar Flayer Mantles. One more to go, They are pretty ugly though. Still looking for the Taniks cloak.

Lnkn52

I can't think of any mechanic changes. It was lazy. They just added yellow knights with shields and made everything overlevelled.

Yup, everything was one level above the maximum light and they took away the Chalice of Light and added more Ads.

But to be honest, that HM was designed as a reaction on how people were completing NM. It didn't feel like it was designed intentionally that way and tone down for normal.

AND
Don't forget the troll gatekeeper in the middle that made us shift from the middle stairs to the ledge above it lol

I'm really disappointed that the first curse is useless. Miss my hand cannons :(

I really expected to be zipping in ADS around busting heads at mid range. This weapon needs much more range, this archetype isn't meant for close engagements. In addition I resent the fact that the the second unique perk which makes the weapon approach usefulness is made redundant by its tiny magazine and painful reload speed. In pvp you need to be running around with a full mag, that is if you're crazy enough to use this piece of shit

MrDaravon

So those of us who turned in the cult ghost yesterday don't have the next quest step, AND The First Curse is complete garbage?

At this point Bungie just outright isn't respecting people's time.

Kyne

Tovarisc

So no Trials this weekend even though Shadowshot glitched was fixed...???? Because they are launching HM raid?! Whyyyyyyyy

CSPdMa6cUqwV2.gif

Stacking events on top of each other, e.g. HM raid release and ToO, is stupid imo. One event is bound to overshadow other while some / a lots of player struggle to find time to do both.

Anyone with hands-on recommendations regarding this week's foundry orders via the Gunsmith?

I can't decide on which to get... here's what we can order today. (FWIW i'm a lowely lvl 1 on two characters so i can get two but not choose perks - i know i know.. need to do more weapons bounties but... ugh lol)

Häkke Arminius-D &#8211; Auto rifle (VERY high RoF VERY low impact)
Suros DIS-43 &#8211; Scout rifle (looks balanced all around scout less hard-hitting than my Omolon Hung Jury clone but more than Treads)
Häkke Judith-D &#8211; Hand cannon (looks to be an extremely high impact RoF headshot monster?)
Omolon Uffern HC4 &#8211; Hand cannon (less impact higher RoF)
Häkke Lyudmila-D &#8211; Pulse rifle (to me looks like an avg pulse with med-high RoF?)

I'm thinking the Suros DIS-43 makes the most sense. I'm a fan of high impact weapons... and scouts in general... and picked up the Suros45 and Zarinaea-D last week.

What is everyone picking up?

PuMa

Stacking events on top of each other, e.g. HM raid release and ToO, is stupid imo. One event is bound to overshadow other while some / a lots of player struggle to find time to do both.

They are two completely different events though. And Trials should have already been available as a weekend event anyways. I was more looking forward to doing ToO this weekend than HM.

LTWood12

Seriously you should just jump in, especially if it's people who you talk to a lot. I can't remember the last time I started up a daily heroic from scratch. It always says '7 friends here' or whatever; i just go through my FL real quick and jump in. When people do the same to me I definitely don't mind.

LiK

Seriously you should just jump in, especially if it's people who you talk to a lot. I can't remember the last time I started up a daily heroic from scratch. It always says '7 friends here' or whatever; i just go through my FL real quick and jump in. When people do the same to me I definitely don't mind.

yea, will do. if they kick me without explanation then i'll just delete them off my list. I need to purge soon anyway.

Anyone with hands-on recommendations regarding this week's foundry orders via the Gunsmith?

I can't decide on which to get... here's what we can order today. (FWIW i'm a lowely lvl 1 on two characters so i can get two but not choose perks - i know i know.. need to do more weapons bounties but... ugh lol)

Häkke Arminius-D – Auto rifle (VERY high RoF VERY low impact)
[U]Suros DIS-43[/U] – Scout rifle (looks balanced all around scout less hard-hitting than my Omolon Hung Jury clone but more than Treads)
Häkke Judith-D – Hand cannon (looks to be an extremely high impact RoF headshot monster?)
Omolon Uffern HC4 – Hand cannon (less impact higher RoF)
Häkke Lyudmila-D – Pulse rifle (to me looks like an avg pulse with med-high RoF?)

I'm thinking the Suros DIS-43 makes the most sense. I'm a fan of high impact weapons... and scouts in general... and picked up the Suros45 and Zarinaea-D last week.

What is everyone picking up?

Woah the DIS 43 is back this week to order? Nice, I was pissed I missed out on that last time. Will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom