• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

They are two completely different events though. And Trials should have already been available as a weekend event anyways. I was more looking forward to doing ToO this weekend than HM.

What that matters? There is a lots of players who do PvE & PvP, and want get on all those events. Stacking events, even if one is for PvE and one for PvP, is stupid as it forces a lots people to choose or schedule hardcore around the fact that there is two time consuming events going on over single weekend.

Yes I know that ToO is weekend only while HM Raid is on 24/7, but I think we are smart enough to acknowledge that more HC players want to be there on day 1. For both events, ToO and HM release, if they were stacked.

Lnkn52

Seriously you should just jump in, especially if it's people who you talk to a lot. I can't remember the last time I started up a daily heroic from scratch. It always says '7 friends here' or whatever; i just go through my FL real quick and jump in. When people do the same to me I definitely don't mind.

Exactly. I just keep pace with the fire team leader, don't be rude and rush through things if they aren't.

yea, will do. if they kick me without explanation then i'll just delete them off my list. I need to purge soon anyway.
+1

The jumping sections will also have turrets everywhere that shoot the black blinding bubbles non stop.

Oooo, you forgot about the dozens of Taken Phalanx shield-carriers who are permanently riding the ships in the first jumping puzzle and patrolling the dick-wall.

PuMa

What that matters? There is a lots of players who do PvE & PvP, and want get on all those events. Stacking events, even if one is for PvE and one for PvP, is stupid as it forces a lots people to choose or schedule hardcore around the fact that there is two time consuming events going on over single weekend.

Yes I know that ToO is weekend only while HM Raid is on 24/7, but I think we are smart enough to acknowledge that more HC players want to be there on day 1. For both events, ToO and HM release, if they were stacked.

That's a huge part of what matters. Sure, some people do both PVP And PVE, but there are definitely two different audiences here. And as I said, ToO was already supposed to be available anyways. People would have already had to choose between HM and ToO. So the main reason to delay it again is for marketing reasons, which is kinda crappy.

Feorax

I'll send out the friend requests now to anyone not on my friends list. Should be good to go shortly.

Sorry about the delay.

GutZ31

I think I'm done sending PSN messages to request to join games. People always message me eons later that they missed my message or had notifications off. I'm just gonna jump in if there's a spot.

fuck being polite

If I am in a party chat, I would advise jumping in that first to ask.
Likely I will miss messages if I am shooting things.
If I have someone talking to me while I am shooting stuff, I can at least respond.

If all else fails,
might as well jump.

EL CUCO

Anyone with hands-on recommendations regarding this week's foundry orders via the Gunsmith?

I can't decide on which to get... here's what we can order today. (FWIW i'm a lowely lvl 1 on two characters so i can get two but not choose perks - i know i know.. need to do more weapons bounties but... ugh lol)

Häkke Arminius-D – Auto rifle (VERY high RoF VERY low impact)
Suros DIS-43 – Scout rifle (looks balanced all around scout less hard-hitting than my Omolon Hung Jury clone but more than Treads)
Häkke Judith-D – Hand cannon (looks to be an extremely high impact RoF headshot monster?)
Omolon Uffern HC4 – Hand cannon (less impact higher RoF)
Häkke Lyudmila-D – Pulse rifle (to me looks like an avg pulse with med-high RoF?)

I'm thinking the Suros DIS-43 makes the most sense. I'm a fan of high impact weapons... and scouts in general... and picked up the Suros45 and Zarinaea-D last week.

What is everyone picking up?
I'll be grabbing the Pulse Rifle because Pulse Rifle, and that Hakke HC. Not sure about the Omolon HC yet..maybe I'll snatch one on an alt.

zewone

That's a huge part of what matters. Sure, some people do both PVP And PVE, but there are definitely two different audiences here. And as I said, ToO was already supposed to be available anyways. People would have already had to choose between HM and ToO. So the main reason to delay it again is for marketing reasons, which is kinda crappy.

Rumor is that Trials isn't every weekend like before.

I'm not getting my hopes up. They designed HM first and scaled back from NM. They probably re-touched encounters here and there and added a yellow bar to foil some of our strategies but for the most part the mechanics are probably pretty solidified.

That being said staying alive will be the problem. All our new toys we've acquired since NM released is going to make HM that much easier DPS wise even if we are under leveled. It's just going to a bitch when a yellow knight OHK you during a Oryx run and your entire team has to wipe because there are no revives.
Yup. There are several parts of KF where we normally just 'shrug off' adds (i.e. when DPSing Golgoroth and Warpriest; running to blights during Oryx)

Being under-leveled will make these much harder to survive in additional to whatever mechanics they might add.

Number45

Depending on who I'm with on the party, I'll turn either the voice louder or the in game music louder, on the headphones. When you're wearing it, there are buttons on the front on the left headpiece.

For more modification, you can go into Destiny Sound Settings in the state menu, and you can turn down/up volume of in game music and in game chat.

Profit!
There is a dedicated button the headset for this very thing. It only works in party chat though. I don't remember if there is any ingame mixer for fireteam chat. But if in party chat, you can dial this up and down with the buttons on the front of your left ear on the gold headset.

Thanks, I'll have a play around later!

This would be good to know, as my PS4 will either output both to the Gold, or both to the receiver. It's supposed to let you channel chat audio only to the Gold, but it no longer works that way.
You can definitely redirect one or both to the headphones from the PS (long press) options menu.

Tovarisc

Stacking events for one weekend is retarded and the fact that they aren't doing it now, even if original plan was to stack, is just good move by them. Acting like it doesn't matter if they stacked because people just should choose is naive imo, you know just well as I do that a lots of people would just forcefully schedule both events into their weekend.

Does it suck that ToO is still MIA and we don't have solid date for its return? Yes, but stacking events just to get ToO out there wouldn't be good play. Stacking would affect more than just few players, so I don't think it really matters much that they are events for different sides of the game.

Trakan

Stacking events for one weekend is retarded and the fact that they aren't doing it now, even if original plan was to stack, is just good move by them. Acting like it doesn't matter if they stacked because people just should choose is naive imo, you know just well as I do that a lots of people would just forcefully schedule both events into their weekend.

Does it suck that ToO is still MIA and we don't have solid date for its return? Yes, but stacking events just to get ToO out there wouldn't be good play. Stacking would affect more than just few players, so I don't think it really matters much that they are events for different sides of the game.

Using this logic, you can't bring back Trials because normal raid already exists. How will people find time to do both?

GlamFM

Banned
Who cares about Trials - when is the next Iron Banner!?

No, seriously - How is the IB rotation usually? This was the first time I got into it.

PuMa

But the raid isn't an event. I don't understand what you're point is.

Using this logic, you can't bring back Trials because normal raid already exists. How will people find time to do both?

Exactly. I don't get it.

JonCha

So apparently the Dead Orbit Scout Rifle is pretty good; I've got the badge and gifted Motes to blaze through Rank 1 instantly. My Red Death is fully upgraded now but I don't have anything I can swap it out with for other exotics.

I'd also like the Graviton Forfeit helmet though. I don't have any exotic armour at the moment.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Instead of the Shade of Oryx, we will be fighting Crota in the bubble lol.

The inside of the bubble is now a recreation of CE, you know have to defeat a Taken Crota, using the old mechanics. Once you defeat him the screen will go dark and blurry and you are now sent back in time to the VoG to defeat Atheon. Once he is defeated in that timeline, you are sent back to Oryx.

This happens 3 more times.

GutZ31

The inside of the bubble is now a recreation of CE, you know have to defeat a Taken Crota, using the old mechanics. Once you defeat him the screen will go dark and blurry and you are now sent back in time to the VoG to defeat Atheon. Once he is defeated in that timeline, you are sent back to Oryx.

this would actually be pretty cool.

PuMa

i-9SQbqd9-1050x10000.jpg

Heh

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

That would be so amazing. Not the 3 times part - maybe once each summon. Would be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom