• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Void Flayer Mantle is finally mine
They are raining out of the sky today. I got one and PewPew got one in the same Nightfall, while Illiniguy was wearing his.

I thought they took legendary engrams out of heroic strike boss rewards? Gloves popped out of the Saber shank.

GlamFM

Banned
i-9SQbqd9-1050x10000.jpg

Heh

<3

lol! the more I think about it, the more I want to play it haha.

Also HM, final room, the floor is covered in that green damaging smoke poison stuff from the Fear's Embrace mission.

Lol you lost me at green death floor! How would we get to the platform areas? Maybe once everyone steps onto the lower base of the platforms and then clears as soon as jumper has relic/shield thingy? Id be down for that shit!

They are raining out of the sky today. I got one and PewPew got one in the same Nightfall, while Illiniguy was wearing his.

I thought they took legendary engrams out of heroic strike boss rewards? Gloves popped out of the Saber shank.

I was wearing mine because I just got it. It dropped for ALL of us.

LTWood12

The inside of the bubble is now a recreation of CE, you know have to defeat a Taken Crota, using the old mechanics. Once you defeat him the screen will go dark and blurry and you are now sent back in time to the VoG to defeat Atheon. Once he is defeated in that timeline, you are sent back to Oryx.

This happens 3 more times.

But what about poor ol' Skolas?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone got a red bull code hanging around? Mine never worked and wanted to try another. I got all the bounties complete and using the Focused Light would unlock everything for my Stormcaller.

blackflag

please tell me how to map Turbo to R2!

Hold turbo and double click R2 . Pretty sure that's how I did it

Hmm maybe Zewone is right. I'll have to try it later I had to mess with it awhile to figure it out but I thought you had to double press the button quickly

My guesses for HM.

- Shorter timer for relics for first section
- Shriekers on the ship platforming section
- Majors everywhere (and shriekers!) for totem relay section
- Warpriest and Golgoroth will just be changed by adding majors and Adepts, maybe they remove some of the geometry that you can usually hide behind to avoid Warpriest and/or Golgo's attacks
- Player randomly chosen for Oryx runner/jumper
- Oryx will need more DPS to use detonated bombs

In general there will be more majors and adds throughout the entire thing.

j-wood

Need some advice.

One of the first arms day orders I got was the suros dis-43. I've infused it up to 297, and it has perfect balance, counter balance, and reinforced barrel/speed reload.

But my new order today is the Omolon Tuonela SR4. It has triple tap, quickdraw, and army of one. It seems like these perks are better?

Think the SR4 would be better?

Deku Tree

My guesses for HM.

- Shorter timer for relics for first section
- Shriekers on the ship platforming section
- Majors everywhere (and shriekers!) for totem relay section
- Warpriest and Golgoroth will just be changed by adding majors and Adepts, maybe they remove some of the geometry that you can usually hide behind to avoid Warpriest and/or Golgo's attacks
- Player randomly chosen for Oryx runner/jumper
- Oryx will need more DPS to use detonated bombs

In general there will be more majors and adds throughout the entire thing.

No Health Regen inside Aura

Trakan

I'm holding out some hope for hard raid because of the team. VOG didn't really have nearly the amount of bullshit that CE did, so it may not be too bad here.

LiK

the final HM Oryx fight should have him summoning bosses from strikes who are now Taken. that would be more fun than platforms.

Once it was discovered that you only need three people on the platforms for Daughters and Oryx, my guess is we will have two runners at once, and Daughters domes and Oryx knight will take two relic smashes to break their shields. The having to jump up in order shit will be disabled, but you will have to have two runners run platforms (sparks will be on diagonal opposite platforms) and will now only have 1 floater on ad duty.

Number45

Ooh, Redbull UK are going to be doing the code deal from (apparently) tomorrow! Might pop in tonight to see if they have any on sale at my local Asda (not sure if it's exclusive to there).

I can finally get rid of that fucking tower quest bubble.

LTWood12

Have you tried Skolas fight at light level 200+?
It isn't even fair.
Kill Skolas before the first mines even start coming out.

Me you and T need to do this for old times. We can get solar hand cannons and then immediately scrap them for parts.

Kind of sad that the Skolas fight as we fought it doesn't really exist now. No one is going to do that content at 170 light now or whatever. It's a really great encounter.

E92 M3

Bring it on.

jqIFJhX.png

The inside of the bubble is now a recreation of CE, you know have to defeat a Taken Crota, using the old mechanics. Once you defeat him the screen will go dark and blurry and you are now sent back in time to the VoG to defeat Atheon. Once he is defeated in that timeline, you are sent back to Oryx.

This happens 3 more times.

I'd love that, but fear it would make the overall encounter too long.

No no. It will be Shade of Oryx still, but instead of the Regicide Oryx, it is the Fears Embrace Oryx.

Does the other shade just shoot?

I wish Bungie would get rid of the Nightfall and made a new strike playlist with Hard Mode difficulty, but with guaranteed 300-320 rewards.

I would grind the crap out of that. Would also come in handy for smaller fireteams who don't have time to LFG.

If Trials has raid tier rewards, it would give us more ways to get higher gear, as opposed to doing 3 raids every week which gets boring real quick.

It would be nice to do one raid, a handful of super hard strikes and trials.

Am I the only person who thinks that those flayer mantles look hideous?

You won't ever find me grinding for them. They're not the most offensive thing I've seen in the game (probably that Titan airplane helmet) but the first thing I think of when I see someone with it is that they probably spent a lot of time grinding to make their character look lamer.

Obviously Blind Hard Mode King's Fall!
Friday, 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern (Release)
PlayStation 4

1) xplicitone
2) RadicalVelocity (need confirmation)
3) Vincent Alexander (need confirmation. PSN?)
4)
5)
6)

GutZ31

Me you and T need to do this for old times. We can get solar hand cannons and then immediately scrap them for parts.
We need some ground rules.
T has exactly 4 deaths he is allotted.
Skolas must be killed before the second mine phase starts, or else we blame T.
If we die at any point, it's T's fault.
If we wipe, it's T's fault.

LTWood12

We need some ground rules.
T has exactly 4 deaths he is allotted.
Skolas must be killed before the second mine phase starts, or else we blame T.
If we die at any point, it's T's fault.
If we wipe, it's T's fault.

It's a date. Tonight.

What are your plans for HM? T and I are debating whether or not to join the fray w/ folks on Friday/Saturday.

Realistically based on previous raids, no health regen on final boss and no revives anywhere.

Opening raid, basically the same:
Totems: 2 Wizards spawn instead of 1
Warpriest: An extra major
Golgoroth: Not possible with single gaze
Daughters: Ogres (reaching, but we'll see)
Oryx: Random runner (reaching since CE didn't have random sword). No health regen.

You won't ever find me grinding for them. They're not the most offensive thing I've seen in the game (probably that Titan airplane helmet) but the first thing I think of when I see someone with it is that they probably spent a lot of time grinding to make their character look lamer.

My void flayer cloak is by far my favorite class item in the game and I didn't grind for it.

Realistically based on previous raids, no health regen on parts and no revives anywhere.

Opening raid, basically the same:
Totems: 2 Wizards spawn instead of 1
Warpriest: An extra major
Golgoroth: Not possible with single gaze
Daughters: Ogres (reaching, but we'll see)
Oryx: Random runner (reaching since CE didn't have random sword). No health regen.

Put snipers on the jumping puzzles! Scheming

GutZ31

It's a date. Tonight.

What are your plans for HM? T and I are debating whether or not to join the fray w/ folks on Friday/Saturday.
Probably going with a group Friday to sniff it out and take our time with it.
Saturday-Sunday I will be at the Renaissance Festival, so no Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom