• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we can do this, assuming 1 person Main completed 310 quest:

-1 person starts Fear's Embrace. Friend joins on Alt that needs it. Starter leaves to come back with alt. Finish.
-Both talk to Eris at tower for blighted world's quest
-1 person starts kings of decay mission from main, repeat friend joining and main switching to alt.
-repeat previous step with Entroy's Pinnacle
-Both talk to Eris in tower
-Repeat steps with summoners circle mission
-do raid, get 310 artifact!

BahamutPT

I expect HM to have its own quest from Eris, and will reward 320 artifact. After all she is only source for getting 310 artifact, or has people gotten 310 ones from NFall?

Well, we still have to get this shader from Eris (related to the Old Hunger quest, and I guess the 3 missing fragments), so there's probably a quest yeah. Maybe 320 Artifact + Shader for all 50 fragments?

Lnkn52

-1 person starts Fear's Embrace. Friend joins on Alt that needs it. Starter leaves to come back with alt. Finish.
-1 person starts kings of decay mission from main, repeat friend joining and main switching to alt.

Yes

You can skip a majority of the Taken War quests to get access to Road to King's Fall quest for the 310 artifact

Did you finish the story missions on that character? The shortcut doesn't work if you haven't finished the story missions.

Sure did. Did each mission multiple times and they only really "unlocked" when i started doing them in order myself. I'll take another look at where i'm at currently but i've played with a friend who's done it through the entire mission structure of "cheat missions" and nada.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Now everyone will have Lyudmila-D. :(

Hopefully people will just reflexively stick with Nerwin's so I can keep murdering with Lyudmila muahaha

Welp, placing an order for the gunsmith pulse now. I did the scout already.

Also, I just got the Villainy before IB ended since I maxed marks.

Villainy
Nirwin's Mercy

I have 2 to mess around with currently

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I am 100% convinced that there's a faster way to do it. I have the 310 artifact on my titan and I didn't do any of these things, and I still have the Taken War quests in my inventory to do. I just have no idea what I did in order to trigger the final quest. The only time I did Fear's Embrace was to get my Malice.

Sure did. Did each mission multiple times and they only really "unlocked" when i started doing them in order myself. I'll take another look at where i'm at currently but i've played with a friend who's done it through the entire mission structure of "cheat missions" and nada.

We tried to do this with a clanmate that didn't complete the story that ended with "killing" Oryx in Regicide. It didn't unlock the steps for him, but after completing the story line the Taken War shortcut worked fine. That's why I asked :)

chur

Anyone else having issues with matchmaking? I've been trying to find a Rift game for the last 5 minutes. Everytime I restart the search it just pairs me with the same 2-3 people and we all just wait for more people to queue up.

Lnkn52

Nice! It said you can skip but wasn't sure if the main person that has the quest leaving would mess things up

The person with the completed Quest does not have to stay. When I did it, I opened the quest with the main that had the quest completed. Had someone joined that did not complete the quest; left and joined with my alt.

I am 100% convinced that there's a faster way to do it. I have the 310 artifact on my titan and I didn't do any of these things, and I still have the Taken War quests in my inventory to do. I just have no idea what I did in order to trigger the final quest. The only time I did Fear's Embrace was to get my Malice.

Hmm. If only we can see a log of completed quests somewhere, maybe that'd help!

NastyBook

Real masochism is trying to do TLW quest legitimately.
I camped my fucking ASS off last night to get pretty close to 30%. I don't go for a lot of kills, just a few here and there, then run away when the spot gets hot. Gonna try to finish that up tonight.

Anybody on D-Gaf boosted it?

The person with the completed Quest does not have to stay. When I did it, I opened the quest with the main that had the quest completed. Had someone joined that did not complete the quest; left and joined with my alt.

That's cool. I'll definitely want to try this with someone if HM KF doesn't give you a > 310 version whether that's from a quest or raid drop itself.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Quesrion, has anyone hit rank 6 yet with gunsmith? I assmue there is nothing?

Just did with my Hunter right now. Just for a package. No quest popped at all. Weapon from package wasn't a specific Hunter weapon or anything. Appeared to be a regular drop.

* First curse seems alright. Good perk set for PVE
- Dead Eye: bonus to range, stability and movement speed when aiming down sights.
- Triple Tap
- QuickDraw, Lightweight, Speed Reload
- "The First Curse": precision kills while aiming down sights grant increased range and stability until the next reload

We tried to do this with a clanmate that didn't complete the story that ended with "killing" Oryx in Regicide. It didn't unlock the steps for him, but after completing the story line the Taken War shortcut worked fine. That's why I asked :)

Nah, i know this other person finished Regicide for a fact as we did it together lol... no idea but it didn't work. Wonder if they patched it?

Went into Rumble and ran into a 3 man Fireteam helping one of their guys with the Imprecation 7 Kill Spree. Had mine as well and decided to help out and get shot in the face a few times. Then without so much as message, they decided to help me out with my Spree as well. Very much appreciated lol, Thanks Guys.

E92 M3

Just did with my Hunter right now. Just for a package. No quest popped at all. Weapon from package wasn't a specific Hunter weapon or anything. Appeared to be a regular drop.

- Dead Eye: bonus to range, stability and movement speed when aiming down sights.
- Triple Tap
- "The First Curse": precision kills while aiming down sights grant increased range and stability until the next reload

Exotic perk would be much better if the gun held 10-13 bullets per clip.

So for people like me who only did the ghost thing yesterday, has the quest popped up now today?

I don't think so. Where would it pop up? Is it like Sleeper Simulant where a story pops up on the director? If so, maybe someone has that story mission to share and force the quest.

LiK

Went into Rumble and ran into a 3 man Fireteam helping one of their guys with the Imprecation 7 Kill Spree. Had mine as well and decided to help out and get shot in the face a few times. Then without so much as message, they decided to help me out with my Spree as well. Very much appreciated lol, Thanks Guys.

when people cheese your quest steps, it means it sucks, lol. those were pretty good guys.

LTWood12

Faith in fellow man restored.

- Triple Tap
Shame, curse sounds pretty unremarkable, as expected :( maybe it will be thorn 2.0 and when HC come back it will be OP...

Kyne

I'm guessing we'll see the last 3 Fragments in the HM raid.

I wonder what we'll get for collecting all 50.

exotic taken sword. believe.

Really scrubby Grim ;)
NF in about an hour? Can help you butcher Atheon as well.

I'll be cheesing that part next week. I suffered through the Chaperone and Sword quests. I ain't gonna suffer through this one.
Not got my chappy yet..
I just can not face that quest, TLW is fucking ass.
I might get friends together and cheese it, sucks but i see no other way.

When im playing unaturally (pvp quests/bounties) i play awfully and get stressed.

Edit: top of page.. think of something, erm.. Happy Back to the Future day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom