• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there isn't even a raid sidearm, I am holding out for the secret HM raid exotic being them dual pistols. It will happen damn it, you just have to believe.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not got my chappy yet..
I just can not face that quest, TLW is fucking ass.
I might get friends together and cheese it, sucks but i see no other way.

When im playing unaturally (pvp quests/bounties) i play awfully and get stressed.

Edit: top of page.. think of something, erm.. Happy Back to the Future day!

It's really not that hard if you do it during mayhem. Get your super, equip last word, get a few kills, unequip TLW.

when people cheese your quest steps, it means it sucks, lol. those were pretty good guys.

Faith in fellow man restored.

Really scrubby Grim ;)
NF in about an hour? Can help you butcher Atheon as well.

Hey I went into Rumble to handle it myself, but it was awful nice of them to help out. Made sure to send em a thank you msg afterwards. And yes EJ I'm game for NF whenever. Hate working on reset days.

Namikaze1

Went into Rumble and ran into a 3 man Fireteam helping one of their guys with the Imprecation 7 Kill Spree. Had mine as well and decided to help out and get shot in the face a few times. Then without so much as message, they decided to help me out with my Spree as well. Very much appreciated lol, Thanks Guys.
Messiek and I came across such a group. I was helping Messiek get his kills for the gun and this team of 3 were doing the same. After getting Messiek his kills, I tried to help them out but it seems the guy who needed it on their team got it. After that, we all just fucked around. I would wave, one would wave back while the sole guy without a team would come behind me and kill me every single time.

Since there isn't even a raid sidearm, I am holding out for the secret HM raid exotic being them dual pistols. It will happen damn it, you just have to believe.
No.. god no, there is a reason bungie did their damn hardest to get rid of it in Halo Joe Staten said "duel wield was a mistake, it's nothing but trash"
True story.. ish.

Oh!

I totally forgot to share my awesome LFG story from Monday.

'Twas the night before reset. I didn't really have anything left to do on PS4. I decided to catch a KF on Xbox. Obviously nothing for Xbox on here that late. So.. LFG!

First of all, like sooo many people want 300+ Light. It's stupid. I even got declined from a Gaffer a few days before because he wanted a 295+ light even though I've completed the whole thing with my 280 light titan and I told him all that matters is my high impact sniper yet he said nope. It's stupid. Anyways, after almost 30 minutes of looking and asking people, 1 person that had no requirements was looking for 5 more since he has Totems checkpoint. Perfect. I join.

After we get a full group, 1 person said he's done some but watched Twitched for the rest so he basically knows the encounter. I still had to explain every encounter in full detail to the noobie so that didn't matter. Everyone else supposedly done it all. Fast forward to Daughters. I spent like 8-10 minutes explaining the encounter. 1 person left already so we replaced him in that time. We try once and the guy (host of this LFG) missed his jumps. The noobie guy I had to explain everything to then left. After all that explaining I just did for daughters to him.

We get 2 more people since another followed his lead. After a couple of wipes since the Host couldn't jump, one of the new people got Torn. What does he do? He leaves immediately! Another new person joins. After another wipe (I think the host failed the jump 4 times so far...) one of the 2 new people got torn and he immediately commits suicide!!! He said nope not doing the jumping, sorry. LOL! So... HOST got torn for the 5th time... this time... HE makes the jump!!!! But what happens next... he comes to us in the middle... without dunking the sister -_- He said oh you have to do that?

I had to leave then (another person also left right before I did). I wasted almost an hour at sisters but those memories will always be there hahahaha. It's funny the amount of people that leave, usually 1-2, after 1-2 wipes. Even though one of the first 2 attempts, we got the first sister down to 10% but lost on the jumping part for the 2nd sister. That means we could do it with the right jumping but people still abandon so fast.

No.. god no, there is a reason bungie did their damn hardest to get rid of it in Halo Joe Staten said "duel wield was a mistake, it's nothing but trash"
True story.. ish.

Each pistol has its own element. Grenades and melee disabled while wielding. The way the sidearms fire, it would be so fun.

Namikaze1

Not got my chappy yet..
I just can not face that quest, TLW is fucking ass.
I might get friends together and cheese it, sucks but i see no other way.

When im playing unaturally (pvp quests/bounties) i play awfully and get stressed.

Edit: top of page.. think of something, erm.. Happy Back to the Future day!
The TLW pissed me off so much. It took 10-12 games to complete that part.

Every time I thought I was making progress, the quest would show that my percentage dropped several points.

Hey I went into Rumble to handle it myself, but it was awful nice of them to help out. Made sure to send em a thank you msg afterwards. And yes EJ I'm game for NF whenever. Hate working on reset days.

Cool, just traveling home and get some dinner. I need one NF myself but I'll just run it x3 with you.

Shito

Oh!

'Twas the night before reset. I didn't really have anything left to do on PS4. I decided to catch a KF on Xbox. Obviously nothing for Xbox on here that late. So.. LFG!

First of all, like sooo many people want 300+ Light. It's stupid. I even got declined from a Gaffer a few days before because he wanted a 295+ light even though I've completed the whole thing with my 280 light titan and I told him all that matters is my high impact sniper yet he said nope. It's stupid. Anyways, after almost 30 minutes of looking and asking people, 1 person that had no requirements was looking for 5 more since he has Totems checkpoint. Perfect. I join.

After we get a full group, 1 person said he's done some but watched Twitched for the rest so he basically knows the encounter. Everyone else was good. I still had to explain every encounter in full detail to the noobie so that didn't matter. Fast forward to Daughters. I spent like 8-10 minutes explaining the encounter. 1 person left already so we replaced him in that time. We try once and the guy (host of this LFG) missed his jumps. The guy I had to explain everything to then left. After all that explaining I had to do. Silly.

We get 2 more people since another followed his lead. After a couple of wipes since the Host couldn't jump, one of the new people got Torn. What does he do? He leaves immediately! Another new person joins. After another wipe (I think the host failed the jump 4 times so far...) one of the 2 new people got torn and he immediately commits suicide!!! He said nope not doing the jumping, sorry. LOL! So... HOST got torn for the 5th time... this time... HE makes the jump!!!! But what happens next... he comes to us in the middle... without dunking the sister -_- He said oh you have to do that?

I had to leave then. I wasted almost an hour at sisters but those memories will always be there hahahaha.
Haha, that's so stupid, being torn isn't that bad.
I can understand it gives a bit more pressure and all, but the jumps aren't that bad, it's wayyyy easier than carrying the sword against Crota (but it's less fun ^^).
I still think making it random on the sisters and then leaving it to the team's choice for Oryx is one of the best design ideas for this raid.

Yeah, a lot of people are just complete pansies when they get torn. "I can't handle this pressure, I'm not a good player, can't we just wipe?"

It's why I stopped raiding, basically. So many people don't want to pull their own weight.

Oh!

After we get a full group, 1 person said he's done some but watched Twitched for the rest so he basically knows the encounter. I still had to explain every encounter in full detail to the noobie so that didn't matter. Everyone else supposedly done it all. Fast forward to Daughters. I spent like 8-10 minutes explaining the encounter. 1 person left already so we replaced him in that time. We try once and the guy (host of this LFG) missed his jumps. The noobie guy I had to explain everything to then left. After all that explaining I just did for daughters to him.

I had to leave then. I wasted almost an hour at sisters but those memories will always be there hahahaha.
Yeah my rl friend always refuse to do the jump..but annoys me the most, is refusing to learn it or even attempt it.

LiK

The TLW pissed me off so much. It took 10-12 games to complete that part.

Every time I thought I was making progress, the quest would show that my percentage dropped several points.

that quest was so bad with nerfed TLW. it was poorly designed.

Yeah, a lot of people are just complete pansies when they get torn. "I can't handle this pressure, I'm not a good player, can't we just wipe?"

It's why I stopped raiding, basically. So many people don't want to pull their own weight.

I'll admit that I can't handle the pressure. I scrub it up at least 25% of the time, but I always try it and just warn the team to keep expectations low.

LiK

people need to be patient. if the runner is having trouble with platforms, who cares. you lose a few minutes of time. big deal. once they figure it out, then it's no big deal. just use it as practice.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I hate being torn because I fuck up on the last jump but I'll give it try I won't quit lol. I couldn't do the ships last night with my Hunter though and let everyone go ahead so I rejoined them at the checkpoint. No problems with Warlock or Titan.

Tovarisc

There is actually people who suck in jumping stuff, even without having pressure on them. They acknowledge it then when they get torn and basically whole fight is about their solo performance it will stress them out a lot. I sympathise with them because being forced into role that you don't want to do or you know that you can't do well enough is fucking stupid.

It's not fun for them or others in the raid.

Is it about them not wanting to pull their weight and not practicing jumping when outside of raid, or should game just stop forcing roles on people? Up for argument.

Haha, that's so stupid, being torn isn't that bad.
I can understand it gives a bit more pressure and all, but the jumps aren't that bad, it's wayyyy easier than carrying the sword against Crota (but it's less fun ^^).
I still think making it random on the sisters and then leaving it to the team's choice for Oryx is one of the best design ideas for this raid.

Yeah my rl friend always refuse to do the jump..but annoys me the most, is refusing to learn it or even attempt it.

hahaha I actually told him, well you better do it if it's after the first wave and you get torn and he said he will. But we never got that far. People just leave after 2-3 wipes all the time so we never got a vibe going as a team and after that happened 3 times, I had to bail. I almost wanted to see what happened if he got torn midway but... enrage timer ./ chimichangas.

Also, I love the jumping part! There is more pressure but I love the pressure. It's more fun than looking/listening when to jump, and killing some ads, personally. I mean after an hour of jumping nonstop on Oryx, I'll need a break from seeing black & white, but other than that, it's fun. The final jump when finishing oryx is more nervewracking but I love it. I'd do that more than anything else in the raid.

Kyne

it's just so strange that the TFC is the exotic that takes you the longest to get, and yet out of every single exotic available it's literally the worst one.

what a slap in the face.

a punch in the boob.

a flick in the testicles.

ugh.

I'll admit that I can't handle the pressure. I scrub it up at least 25% of the time, but I always try it and just warn the team to keep expectations low.

At least you try. I had to do it without any preparations because the first raid team I was with just flat out refused to do it. I'll fuck it up occasionally, too, but that's part of the game.

When people just say "no" and then refuse to do it, they're basically asking us to babysit them all the way.

There is actually people who suck in jumping stuff, even without having pressure on them. They acknowledge it then when they get torn and basically whole fight is about their solo performance it will stress them out a lot. I sympathise with them because being forced into role that you don't want to do or you know that you can't do well enough is fucking stupid.

It's not fun for them or others in the raid.

Is it about them not wanting to pull their weight and not practicing jumping when outside of raid, or should game just stop forcing roles on people? Up for argument.

There's a difference between giving it a go and just refusing to do it. It's random during the sister fight, if you get torn the least you can do is attempt to learn something. I can understand them not wanting to do it during the Oryx fight, especially since you can choose your own role there, but for the sisters? Just tell your teammates "all right, but I suck at this so don't kill me if it goes south".

lt519

I love being the runner, I dominate that shit during Oryx. I usually have to sit in front and wait for the shielded knight to even spawn I'm so quick. I've missed one jump ever. I think it's a lot of fun, more fun than sitting on a plate sniping an ogre.

I missed probably 3 jumps ever. When switching classes or not being spec'd correctly was when it messed me up. I won't count when I overshot the relic but it still grabbed it :p

Going from a hunter to a titan always gets me, forget that double tap.

Shito

I much prefer this attitude.
I'm not immune to pressure myself, haven't ran KF much yet because I find the mechanics a bit too stiff for my tastes, but I did my share of platforms when RNGesus looked upon me. Some jumps are tricky, especially with that weird visual effect, but I prefer someone who tries it and fail while we all have a good laugh rather than someone who just says "nope, let's wipe" right out of the gate.
If you are bad at jumping at least giving it a try MIGHT lead to a happy surprise, rather than just admitting defeat to win some 10 seconds...
I must say it also depends on the people you are running with, they have to be open to people failing and be willing to laugh it out when they do.

I got a funny feeling that it's going to be random for HM
I can see that happening, yeah.

Being torn isn't bad at all. The jumps aren't too bad and as long as the rest of the team drops the snipers immediately there isn't much to worry about. But I guess a lot of people aren't that used to the platforming aspects of the game.

I missed probably 3 jumps ever. When switching classes or not being spec'd correctly was when it messed me up. I won't count when I overshot the relic but it still grabbed it :p

Went into Rumble and ran into a 3 man Fireteam helping one of their guys with the Imprecation 7 Kill Spree. Had mine as well and decided to help out and get shot in the face a few times. Then without so much as message, they decided to help me out with my Spree as well. Very much appreciated lol, Thanks Guys.

Reported.

LiK

I love being the runner, I dominate that shit during Oryx. I usually have to sit in front and wait for the shielded knight to even spawn I'm so quick. I've missed one jump ever. I think it's a lot of fun, more fun than sitting on a plate sniping an ogre.

I like being the adds guy and shooting Ogres. got that role locked down.

Being torn isn't bad at all. The jumps aren't too bad and as long as the rest of the team drops the snipers immediately there isn't much to worry about. But I guess a lot of people aren't that used to the platforming aspects of the game.
I can do it now, after some practice.. it kept picking me :(

But it is the effects on the go that throw me, gives you tunnell vision and makes everything flat and hard to judge the jumps.
If it stayed first person it would be ok but that in combination with third person just fucks it up.

lt519

I like being the adds guy and shooting Ogres. got that role locked down.

That's a fun role, the roamer just wrecking adds and Ogres. Super important too.

Imagine if they made one random fireteam member torn and one random fireteam member detained so at anytime two of the platform designated people could be disabled. Chaos.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Does anyone know if the class items which boost the new classes by 25% work with bounties?

I have 33,000 xp to cash in and with focused light thats 49,500 xp. Does the 25% from the class item stack with it as well so I could be using 75% bonus? That would be 57,750 xp.

Yea some roamers don't know how to correctly help ogres right away in the right order so I do like taking that role as well to make all the stuff below a lot smoother.

All this raid talk and now I want to raid! Was saving for HM but probably only going to do 1 Hard Mode on Friday assuming it'll take > 3 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom