• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

I hope this shows up in the game......one day.
Unused tho ;__;

there's just so much potential that can derive from unused parts of the world.

there are days that I look out in while in mothyards and think "It would be cool if there was some sort of sparrow racing/event out next to all those planes that could act as ramps."

Tovarisc

Unused tho ;__;
dorje-bellbrook-db-destiny-219.jpg

dorje-bellbrook-db-destiny-220.jpg

Please be art for forge world, please be art for forge world, please be art for forge world...

Nori Chan

So for Exotic rerolls with the glass needles, it changes everything? I have a great Intellect for my Graviton Forfeit but it's perks are lacking for PVP.

I actually enjoy being runner. There's pressure, sure, but I only really feel it being the runner during Oryx. I was runner during my first Oryx kill and I fucked up plenty, so I won't begrudge anyone for doing the same. If you're picked during Daughters though, then at least try. It's such a short encounter that a wipe or two doesn't really matter.

zewone

I'm holding out some hope for hard raid because of the team. VOG didn't really have nearly the amount of bullshit that CE did, so it may not be too bad here.

VoG HM released at the same time.

CE HM was changed deliberately on user's previous strategies.

KF HM was finished first. Hopefully they didn't go out of their way to make changes to add bullshit just to spite us like CE.

E92 M3

Well, you can now farm public events in patrol to get some motes and... yeah, no, bring the rep back to NF Bungie. ;___;

Hah! I will never do such thing. That's so boring :( And I still have 3k ascended materials. NF just needs rep - simple as that!

*excellent list goes here*

Awesome list that I agree with and every day the infusion system annoys me more and more. Starting to hate it a lot.

Kyne

Unused tho ;__;

there's just so much potential that can derive from unused parts of the world.

there are days that I look out in while in mothyards and think "It would be cool if there was some sort of sparrow racing/event out next to all those planes that could act as ramps."

PuMa

I actually enjoy being runner. There's pressure, sure, but I only really feel it being the runner during Oryx. I was runner during my first Oryx kill and I fucked up plenty, so I won't begrudge anyone for doing the same. If you're picked during Daughters though, then at least try. It's such a short encounter that a wipe or two doesn't really matter.

Agreed. Super fun for me being the runner, although I had a little trouble getting the jumps down first time with my Hunter (
Titan jumps are best!
).

Mindlog

In the various groups I've been in you can normally tell who has done it before by how much they sympathize with the person running. After a runner says 'Shit, I fell' they'll always be the first person to say 'Don't worry about it.'

Being a runner is fun, but I've been trying to switch up lately just to make sure I'm familiar with everything.

Warlock glide is the best.

Iron Banner Weekly bounties counted towards Shaxx. If you complete all Shaxx bounties this week you will be ahead next week also on that character.

As for Nightfall rewards I got a pair of boots at 292 one at 293 and a 298 Auto rifle all while being 304 at a minimum up to 307 on my Hunter.

Hmm, so can you just cherry pick the easier Shaxx bounties and save them til you have 5 done?

Lothars

- Daily Missions for Exotics: Locking exotics behind random dailies that are only available while that daily is up is a bad idea. Pretty self-explanatory. Once that daily has launched once, the quest should remain active for that mission no matter when you run it.

- Legendary Marks: cap too low, everything requires marks, no guaranteed marks beyond dailies in a given day if all weekly activities are completed

- Iron Banner: This isn't specific to TTK, but IB appears to have actually gotten worse from previous events. I don't play this at all because I hate pvp grinding, but from reading comments here (and everywhere else online), this appears to be a major letdown. From poor loot chances, to lag, to grinding... Should probably "go back in the oven for a while," yesss?
I just want to touch on these 3 things

Daily Missions for Exotics Quests do stay after you do the steps to unlock it in the daily, I was able to finish the sleep simulant the next day after I had the quest unlocked and I am pretty sure it's the same for no time to explain.

I think a big issue is only having them happen on weekdays when they should have them happen random times of the week including weekends.

Legendary Marks - You are on point, The Cap needs to be double or triple what it is now either 400 or 600.

Iron Banner - I never found it that laggy at all, in fact it was one of the most stable iron banners connectionwise in like 6 months. The issues with low drop rates and the glitch definitely hurt it though but I feel they are improving on the lag for Iron Banner.

I've had about 20 Three of Coins for the last 2 weeks and I finally ran out last night. In the end, I had about 6 Exotic Engrams. Last night, I got The Hereafter sniper, which I really like! My friend and I also did a blind run for ghosts in the Paradox missions. It went pretty smoothly; Got it done about 20 minutes.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Fresh Full Raid!

Starting as soon as we're full up. Please have gear at an acceptable level to complete the whole raid. Looking for people who've at least seen all the fights. Come with whatever synths etc you'll need. Mic required.

Copy and paste the list with your PSN added please:

1. crophonso
2. tastypwnwhich

So I hear Lakshmi is being stingy and not giving people who did paradox yesterday the quest.

....So it's once a month thing, huh? Fucking horrible Bungie. I hope you freeze in an ice block.

Kyne

Hope it's not too difficult to find a NM raid group after HM comes out. I still haven't done Kings Fall yet.

I think sooner or later I'm going to take a leaf out of hawkian's book and try starting a weekly/bi-weekly newbie raid event where people who haven't done KF/aren't super comfortable with it yet can run without worrying.

One of the most challenging aspects is that a fresh-all newbie run of KF can usually take about 5-7 hours.

Sai-kun

Banned
So I hear Lakshmi is being stingy and not giving people who did paradox yesterday the quest.

....So it's once a month thing, huh? Fucking horrible Bungie.

I didn't get it :( And I waited another hour just like someone here said to!

Fresh Full Raid!

Starting as soon as we're full up. Please have gear at an acceptable level to complete the whole raid. Looking for people who've at least seen all the fights. Come with whatever synths etc you'll need. Mic required.

1. crophonso
2. tastypwnwhich
3. techn1colors

:3 yay! let's knock this shit out!

Manp

Things TTK Did Well:

- Questification: Don't think this needs much explanation, though this isn't really a "TTK" thing as much as it is a QOL thing.

you can't really make it sound so simple. main TTK quest? yes. some of the secondary quests? maybe.

but most of these so called quest are just a random number of steps consisting in "kill X amount of A" (usually with weirdly specific terms applied), "collect Y amount of B", "wait for a randomly decided date" with some half assed missions thrown in the middle (yesterday's "find a random chest in a random multiplayer map" being probably the worst offender. worse than turret mission from HoW :| ).

that's not something TTK did well in my opinion.

you can't really make it sound so simple. main TTK quest? yes. some of the secondary quests? maybe.

but most of these so called quest are just a random number of steps consisting in "kill X amount of A" (usually with weirdly specific terms applied), "collect Y amount of B", "wait for a randomly decided date" with some half assed missions thrown in the middle (yesterday's "find a random chest in a random multiplayer map" being probably the worst offender. worse than turret mission from HoW :| ).

that's not something TTK did well in my opinion.

Took me like 12 tries to find that fucking chest! Gah, was getting so upset! The last part... the Garden mission with 150 shielded and angered Minotaur... that... was pure hell lol.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Are there any exotic armour pieces which work well with the Nightstalker? I haven't used the subclass at all so any good setups for PVE?

Namikaze1

Hard mode opens up at 1 PM for me. Don't know if I should stream the run. Not sure if we're doing the raid once or multiple times yet.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Playing Rebel Galaxy makes me wish Destiny had space stuff.
Really just flying in the vast empty space with firefly-like tunes is amazing.

Bungie do et!

Frostburn

Fresh Full Raid!

1. crophonso
2. tastypwnwhich
3. techn1colors
4. US-Frostburn

I'm down for a nice quick clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom