• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Dear Bungie,

For Destiny 2 on next gen only if you have to choose between locked 30fps, or locked 60fps with enemies right in front of you being animated at 30fps, then please OMG how can you not choose locked 30fps.

Thx, Deku

Shiv47

Anyone need the sword quest strike? I have the solar sword to finish up, would prefer not entrusting my time to randoms, but whatever works I guess.

Born2Live

Give it back! I've had the worst luck with dust palace, getting it tonight though, for reals

Hey Noomi I'll join you farming for the void mantle if you've got space. I got the solar and arc ones yesterday from the two Nightfalls I ran, just want the void one now.

Ty

Tecnniqe

Banned
Dear Bungie,

For Destiny 2 on next gen only if you have to choose between locked 30fps, or locked 60fps with enemies right in front of you being animated at 30fps, then please OMG how can you not choose locked 30fps.

Thx, Deku

60 or bust

Just put it on PC with decent optimization and FPS wont be a issue :D

Really? Put 50 in before and that's barely a couple nodes

I'm not made of light

Yeah. It's not fully leveled in an instant but I'll drop 20-25 at a time in conjunction with wearing whatever I want to level while playing content that I don't have to be at my highest LL for and also while turning in bounties. Feels faster than Y1 exotic leveling.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Bungie just needs to drop leveling up weapons and armor. It's stupid and takes away from the game. Just give me stuff with all of the perks unlocked so I can try it out and decide if I like it or not. It shouldn't take days/weeks of leveling to see if a gun or armor piece is something I want to use.

I'm hearing from alotta people that 60 fps on Halo 5 is a godsend. Destiny at 60 FPS would be pretty damn great.

After playing the H5 beta i have to say i was incredibly impressed! Destiny at 60FPS (id bet money against that happening until D3 or D4) would be breathtaking during certain PvE moments. (PvP can die in a fire if that's what it takes to have 60FPS lol)

E92 M3

Bungie just needs to drop leveling up weapons and armor. It's stupid and takes away from the game. Just give me stuff with all of the perks unlocked so I can try it out and decide if I like it or not. It shouldn't take days/weeks of leveling to see if a gun or armor piece is something I want to use.

Guns are super quick with telemetries and motes, but armor takes FOREVER. It seems like they are inching towards that with exotic perks being unlocked by default, but it's not enough for some things. Remember how we started, though? Yikes.

Going from 30 to 60 or 60 to 30 is like a concussion.

I hope H5 is good.

I had this issue when I played MGS V right before TTK dropped.

60 FPS Destiny. I want it.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but that first KF raid with you man...what a ride! I'm glad that made your card!

After playing the H5 beta i have to say i was incredibly impressed! Destiny at 60FPS (id bet money against that happening until D3 or D4) would be breathtaking during certain PvE moments. (PvP can die in a fire if that's what it takes to have 60FPS lol)

I feel Bungie is just stuck with 30 fps, like how they never had audio options, it was always a choice for them to do 30 FPS.

Going from 30 to 60 or 60 to 30 is like a concussion.

I hope H5 is good.

Yeah, it definitely is..H5 is shaping up to look extremely fun. I'm debating getting a bone for it ...

I don't like enemies animated in front of you at 30. Doesn't feel like real 60.

Eh, that was Bungies choice to animate Oryx alot slower making him look..janky.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Guns are super quick with telemetries and motes, but armor takes FOREVER. It seems like they are inching towards that with exotic perks being unlocked by default, but it's not enough for some things. Remember how we started, though? Yikes.

The XP is easier than before, but it still takes parts and materials to upgrade and don't forget that you need parts to infuse too. It's not hard to drop 50 weapons just to get a gun up to raid level.

WipedOut

Or just get rid of weapon parts and armor parts, make things mote based. Level with Motes, Fill in with glimmer. Problem solved. Infusion can be kept using Motes and Marks, Exotic Shards for Exotics. That will never happen though, it makes too much sense. Get rid of Planetary Mats also.

EL CUCO

why are year 1 guns allowed?

that tournament is nothing but trash.
The last time Armday hosted a tourney, it was the absolute best Destiny matches anybody has ever seen.

Year 1 guns were originally not allowed, but I guess they came to an agreement in letting them in.

aro52

At this point, which of the old raids are complete-able with 1-2 people?

I assume it's more about mechanics, than difficulty.

matmanx1

Most of the time it's not viable to infuse because of the 80% rule and Etheric Light was infinitely better for getting to the cap. There is no question about that. Etheric Light promoted the use of unique armor combinations, now it's just a hassle.

I agree with you. I'm not saying infusion is perfect but it is a darn sight better than your gear being stuck at whatever level you get it. (AKA Vanilla Destiny) Etheric Light was simpler but also a one and done. It felt like a patch or a transitional step, which is exactly what it was. With Infusion there's supposed to be a progression and I can appreciate what Bungie is trying to achieve with it, even if they didn't execute it perfectly.

The downside is that it frustrates us min/max folks as we are forever looking for more infusion material. Also, that 80% rule is a bummer. No argument there.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I had this issue when I played MGS V right before TTK dropped.

60 FPS Destiny. I want it.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but that first KF raid with you man...what a ride! I'm glad that made your card!
Well im used to 60+ games if not 120+ since im mainly PC gamer. TTK really made my head spin for a few days.

KF raid is my most memorable thing in Destiny this far, Y1 had nothing for me as i barely even played then.
I hope HM is equally fun :p
I don't like enemies animated in front of you at 30. Doesn't feel like real 60.
*bungie*
I feel Bungie is just stuck with 30 fps, like how they never had audio options, it was always a choice for them to do 30 FPS.

Yeah, it definitely is..H5 is shaping up to look extremely fun. I'm debating getting a bone for it ...

Eh, that was Bungies choice to animate Oryx alot slower making him look..janky.
giphy.gif

Defuser

Hey guys, there is a bug regarding the armsday packages where you press back while checking your ordered packages talking to banshee will not open the window again to pick up your ordered packages. I got screwed out of my ordered shotgun strong bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom