• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Meh, not hard to do things below recommended light. Besides, 310 Is likely for the daughters and Oryx. You will likely be above that by killing the Warpriest and Golgoroth, assuming they drop a piece of armor (these should be 310 - 320 light).

Yeah, I figure that, it's just supremely frustrating the way the current raid drop system works. I invest the time to clear on multiple characters each week, I should be rewarded for doing so. HM looks to fix that a bit with the guaranteed Oryx drop though.

So I haven't done the secret part of the mission. Can somebody explain (no jokes please) why people think you'd have to wait a week til I could start this NTtE mission?

A bit ignored amongst the No Time To Explain hype, but more legendaries are now dropping from Crucible games, by the way.

Finally! It's been mostly shit post 2.0. In HoW you at least got a shitty spare change everyday almost. Now I go days without seeing a legendary drop in crucible.

Deku Tree

Ntte is not 310 and it's kinetic. The GI preview had it listed as Arc damage. This is way harder to get than the Supercell. This is literally a Y2 Stranger's Rifle with a slightly better perk. What a disappointment.

What a disappointment.

It has unlimited ammo on bosses if you keep shooting their crit spot. It's a primary BH.

And we already have an Arc Damage exotic primary. And elemental damage only really makes a difference for NF.

Shito

Wait, people are disappointed by a gun that literally gives you one for one right to the mag on any precision shot...because it's not arc damage?! Come on guys.
Yeah, I'm only a bit bummed it's 290 only, I still don't understand the logic in which ones deserve to be given at 310 and which ones don't.
Still, really excited to get this gun, and I love the Stranger's Rifle model.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Fuck, so I wake up and not only is there a good article to read from our resident Press Sneak Fuck, but also that the NTTE has dropped?! Dang! O.O

Also, where are the patch notes?

LTWood12

Three fantastic additions to the DGAF Grimoire. Great work Lnkn and Drizz.

Re. NTTE: Does it pull the ammo from reserves or is it like pre-nerf white nail w/ bullets from heaven?

Good news for those soloing the daily for ghosts. After getting the third ghost you can die on the jumping puzzle and it doesn't end the special run.

I only got the last ghost from that Paradox mission (I joined the mission toward the end) and turned it in a week or two ago. I never pledged to FWC and I got the quest today. So you don't need all three to get the quest.

thNau4b.jpg

Anyone leveled it up yet and tried it out? How is it?

That was fun. Went into VoG and got out in just over 30 minutes. Separated to do the chest. Reformed into two fire teams of 3 to race to the end.

darknil

Wow, after reading pages of Atheon CPs lookup, thanks to Nami for posting the guide!

I'll ask this even if it gets buried. Anyone noticed that in the 'stealth' mission of Crota's funeral Ir Yut is present watching a side instead of a regular witch?

SeanR1221

Now that I'm done having my temper tantrum, and thinking logically, I wouldn't be able to use the gun in HM this weekend anyway. I won't be able to get it high enough, and instead will stick with my combo that gets me to 308 light.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow. I've never seen anything like that in Rumble before. It's always one or two guys miles ahead of everyone else.
it was caraaaaazy. I got sunbreaker plowed and was down by 800 at one point, thought it was all over o_o
Really?! Wow, so it only is temporary that is awesome. Thanks!
So, is it correct that you need to rank up once with FWC to obtain the mission?

If so, I think I'll switch to FWC and then look to do my Nightfalls, and compare my loots to yesterweek.

BraXzy

Damnit I assume I never found this ghost because I don't have a quest. So I have to find a ghost and then wait? QQ

These time locks suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

LiK

the fact that a gun called No Time To Explain is obtainable the same day as that Kotaku article is kinda amusing.

Namikaze1

I only got the last ghost from that Paradox mission (I joined the mission toward the end) and turned it in a week or two ago. I never pledged to FWC and I got the quest today. So you don't need all three to get the quest.
The FWC part is for the step after getting the ghost. You have to make donations to FWC to advance the quest line.

Good news for those soloing the daily for ghosts. After getting the third ghost you can die on the jumping puzzle and it doesn't end the special run.
You can die anywhere that there isn't darkness, and if you're in a fireteam, as long as you don't wipe in darkness, you're safe.

SkylineRKR

Solo'd Daily Paradox. I had great fun doing it. The Hydra boss can be annihilated with about 4 shots of Sleeper Simulant. Its very easy to kill him with it.

True final boss is hard. But clear some adds to make way, rush in and get some SS shots in and he was dead after 10 minutes or so.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How is the gun compared to Juju or Red Death? I want a Pulse and neither of those will drop for me.

Deku Tree

So we now have a full auto exotic primary pre-nerf Black Hammer.

I can't wait to see this DPS stationary bosses. I'd like to try it on Golgo.

Matticers

With or without a three of coins?

With but the flayers don't consume them. It was from the screen at the very end where you have a chance to get an exotic if that's what you mean. I was level 302 for the NF, maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe the legendaries have a chance to be 310 if you're 300+ like exotic engrams.

And wtf at this Paradox mission. I went to do it for the ghosts and you have to start over if you die? What kind of nonsense is that? If anyone else needs to do this, let me know. I guess you can die in a team and you don't have to restart. You just can't wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom