• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1t4j

thNau4b.jpg

Anyone leveled it up yet and tried it out? How is it?

NEED......

WEAPON.....

PARTS...

But I have all the nodes unlocked, based MoL.

LiK

is Atheon killable with SS solo before he starts teleporting? iw anna get this done asap if possible.

X-Frame

Does No Time To Explain basically have the exact same perks and stats as The Stranger's Rifle?

Does it do the same damage in PvP?

Kyne

The best way to experience Destiny is to either:

A) Be a full time streamer

B) Be Young

I'm stuck at work too bro. No worries, thanks to GAF I'll have the CP, and it won't take long to get the quest done.

you forgot C.

C) Live with roommates who both play Destiny, a girlfriend who plays Destiny, a best friend who plays Destiny, and have no real responsibilities.

in retrospect my life is pretty good atm.

Half the streams I watch say it's a crucible monster and the other half say plenty of weapons will still outgun it. I guess it technically can be both but...

GhaleonEB

I like that more exotics are tied to quest lines, and think it's a good thing that they are being rolled out like this. I hope this is how they roll out some of the planned year 2 versions of prior weapons.

That said, these seem aimed at a really small portion of the player base. The fact that you need to run VoG alone means most players will never see this, and the temporary nature of these (will I be able to start this tomorrow? I have no idea) means players who hop on periodically have no idea if they are going to land in the window to start one up. Once Bungie rolls out an exotic quest line, players should be able to initiate it at their leisure, IMO.

Adding this to the growing list of exotics I won't have time to get any time soon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Work is killing my 1% status damn it
you could try being so ridiculously ill that your boss tells you not to come in because you sound like you'll infect everyone in seconds. it's working well for me. though I guess I wouldn't want to keep it up long-term.

Can someone fill me in? So "No time to explain" is available today, however I can't get it since I never gotten that ghost. Would it show up tomorrow? Or I want to assume no one knows...since it's a new quest

I'm disappointed to see that NTtE got no elemental damage. I thought Zalo was the way things would go for year two: elemental damage only on some exotics.

This probably means that we'll get new primary weapons with elemental damage from the KF hard mode.

Then everybody will use the same damn weapons for over a year. At some point, Bungie will go full retard and nerf it all because we only use the same weapon.

These first weeks with TTK have been great because everybody is trying out something new. I've never thought I'd get so confortable with some random pulse rifle from the Crucible guy, for instance.

The kinect damage on all new legendaries level things up because nothing is overly powerful all the time.

Deku Tree

I like that more exotics are tied to quest lines, and think it's a good thing that they are being rolled out like this. I hope this is how they roll out some of the planned year 2 versions of prior weapons.

That said, these seem aimed at a really small portion of the player base. The fact that you need to run VoG alone means most players will never see this, and the temporary nature of these (will I be able to start this tomorrow? I have no idea) means players who hop on periodically have no idea if they are going to land in the window to start one up. Once Bungie rolls out an exotic quest line, players should be able to initiate it at their leisure, IMO.

Adding this to the growing list of exotics I won't have time to get any time soon.

But VoG is easy mode now. And the quest is probably available now and forever for anyone who did the Paradox secret daily, I might guess. We will see tomorrow.

spyder_ur

They are not really abiding by their statement of not wanting Destiny to be a full time job with these timed things, especially if, you know, you have a job. Stresses me out a bit which I do not enjoy, but it will all pass. I do think the energy these events bring is really really cool.

MrDaravon

100% agree. I wasn't able to get on the last time Paradox was the daily, and it looks like I might not be able to get on today either. I can't think of any good reason why once this is available initially you couldn't do it at your leisure by selecting the Heroic version of the mission. It's actively discouraging.

LiK

They are not really abiding by their statement of not wanting Destiny to be a full time job with these timed things, especially if, you know, you have a job. Stresses me out a bit which I do not enjoy, but it will all pass. I do think the energy these events bring is really really cool.

these events actually excite me.

So if you had the ghosts prior to today, a quest just shows up at FWC vendor? No chance of being able to jump in someone elses first quest steps to get it today like you could with Sleeper Simulant?

Zoidberg

I'm disappointed to see that NTtE got no elemental damage. I thought Zalo was the way things would go for year two: elemental damage only on some exotics.

This probably means that we'll get new primary weapons with elemental damage from the KF hard mode.

Then everybody will use the same damn weapons for over a year. At some point, Bungie will go full retard and nerf it all because we only use the same weapon.

These first weeks with TTK have been great because everybody is trying out something new. I've never thought I'd get so confortable with some random pulse rifle from the Crucible guy, for instance.

The kinect damage on all new legendaries level things up because nothing is overly powerful all the time.

Hard mode weapons, along with trials adept weapons are all kinetic.

SkylineRKR

So, I beat Paradox Daily and got the 4th Ghost. Turned it in at FWC, turned in motes for Rank 1 and now its just a matter of waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom