• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuMa

Got LITC Eirene from my very first gunsmith rank up package and have been using it ever since. That and Stillpiercer are my favorite snipers. No need for 1000 Yard stare and Black Spindle doesn't excite me much.

My Black Spindle certainly excites Mr Warpriest (who deems me worthy) and Mr Gorgonzola very much, ahthankyou.

Taborcarn

Eirene is my favorite PVE sniper - have it at 310.

This is my go to sniper rifle. If I didn't have the black spindle, I'd use it throughout the entire raid.
I also wear extra sniper ammo boots and armor, so I get 24 rounds total.

Yeah the RR4 is probably the best high impact sniper in the game currently... with that one exception... however, the shoot-to-loot perk more than makes up for it! I dont know how many times i've been on pillar duty at daughters/oryx and had to find ammo for different weapons by shooing it across the map with my RR4. LOVE that feature!

And yes... staggers like a mofo!

I've heard good things about luck in the chamber for ogres and staggering Oryx. I need to light level my own to test it personally.

Cool, thanks for the opinions. I'll keep using it for now, and see if I can make better use of that shoot to loot perk.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is Eirene RR4 only available from gunsmith? I've got the Uzume RR4 with Triple Tap. Are there any similar perks to Spindles White Nail?

Luck in the Chamber is just so good on a sniper

I want one with a good reload perk so i can reload fast between each lucky shot to maximize damage

SkylineRKR

I love it too, but there isn't a single thing exotic about it. Lol

The Keen Scout perk kinda.

But the same could be said about First Curse, Fabian Strategy et al. Nothing really exotic about it.

Stillpiercer could be buffed with an element choice like Murmur or something. I think Hereafter is shit compared to it.

Sullichin

Speaking of Snipers what the hell is with Hereafter. Why can't they make an arc exotic sniper rifle that's not underwhelming? Patience and Time wasn't very good and this is probably worse. I'd give up my exotic slot for the best PVP sniper.

Can hereafter revive snipe with agg. ballistics? I'm thinking no. Was able to take down sunbreaker with it tho.

SkylineRKR

Speaking of Snipers what the hell is with Hereafter. Why can't they make an arc exotic sniper rifle that's not underwhelming? Patience and Time wasn't very good and this is probably worse. I'd give up my exotic slot for the best PVP sniper.

Can hereafter revive snipe with agg. ballistics? I'm thinking no. Was able to take down sunbreaker with it tho.

It sucks but I kind of like the sound it makes. I also don't like the crouch zoom, seems its mostly a hindrance in PvP.

It's a good sniper, available from a vendor and also has great rolls for a vendor weapon.

I dont either. I never use mine and usually break them for marks. I think some who havent experienced the Eirene RR4 love them because they're the only other viable high-impact legendary sniper.

aim assist maybe?

it's good

Um, it's just really good. The vendor version has good perks.

High impact, decent stability, vanguard version comes with triple tap.

Stillpiercer should be exotic. Its just so fucking sexy. My favourite Sniper by far. Delicious reload time too.

high impact, good AA. I like it a lot in both PvE and PvP. Got numerous ones via engrams but none are as good as both non-RNG rolls sadly.

JESUS!
im sorry guys, i got it! rofl!

EL CUCO

The Keen Scout perk kinda.

But the same could be said about First Curse, Fabian Strategy et al. Nothing really exotic about it.

Stillpiercer could be buffed with an element choice like Murmur or something.
That would be a cool little PvE buff. I'm gonna eventually take it to 310, as it's currently my go to PvP sniper. Love the snappy feel it has. Took a while to get used to the Hakke scope but it's not bad at all actually.

I forgot it had keen scout since I always have it on anyways. And I agree, Fabian Strategy is a terrible choice for an exotic. Haven't tried TFC yet.

SkylineRKR

Its just so good. I like everything about the Stillpiercer. I sort of went with YS for raid purposes and its close to 310, but I might infuse that into Stillpiercer.

Got LITC Eirene from my very first gunsmith rank up package and have been using it ever since. That and Stillpiercer are my favorite snipers. No need for 1000 Yard stare and Black Spindle doesn't excite me much.
I got an eirene from my first gunsmith package as well and it's probably my most used gun. Came with LITC, hand laid stock and clown cartridge. Also has Faucon sights. Got it to 310 as fast as I could.

hyp

Every class and, additionally, it appears you have a better chance of getting it when you are not playing a Hunter. I suspect it's Bungie's way of trying to entice players to roll other characters.

thanks, I mostly run with my warlock so hopefully it can drop so I don't have to switch so often.

Nothus

Uh, have I just fucked up or something here guys?
I've had a foundry order waiting since last week, logged in today and noticed the package had a yellow border similar to when a weapon is maxed out.
There was a prompt to press x on the package, but when I did so it just instantly vanished and no gun showed up?

Wtf? Where is the gun I ordered?

LTWood12

I'm so glad that I get to wait an arbitrary amount of time to continue the No Time To Explain quest. It'll make the gun feel that much more special, and so much more satisfying to acquire. Sure other people already have the gun, but when people ask me how I got MY No Time To Explain, I get to tell my own story. When people found a way to glitch into last part of Paradox and get the Cult Ghost, before Paradox was even the daily, I figured it would be wise to wait and play the game as intended. So glad I did, because waiting is such an incredible experience. Maybe I should quit using Tower Ghost or the companion app. Waiting to load in and out of the tower, switching characters, there's so much waiting to be done! I'm wasting it by trying to shortcut my way to equipping my 305 ghost!

PuMa

I'm so glad that I get to wait an arbitrary amount of time to continue the No Time To Explain quest. It'll make the gun feel that much more special, and so much more satisfying to acquire. Sure other people already have the gun, but when people ask me how I got MY No Time To Explain, I get to tell my own story. When people found a way to glitch into last part of Paradox and get the Cult Ghost, before Paradox was even the daily, I figured it would be wise to wait and play the game as intended. So glad I did, because waiting is such an incredible experience.

Destiny |OT36| The Waiting King

;-p

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm so glad that I get to wait an arbitrary amount of time to continue the No Time To Explain quest. It'll make the gun feel that much more special, and so much more satisfying to acquire. Sure other people already have the gun, but when people ask me how I got MY No Time To Explain, I get to tell my own story. When people found a way to glitch into last part of Paradox and get the Cult Ghost, before Paradox was even the daily, I figured it would be wise to wait and play the game as intended. So glad I did, because waiting is such an incredible experience.

OT36 One Does Not Simply Complete A Quest

MrDaravon

Uh, have I just fucked up or something here guys?
I've had a foundry order waiting since last week, logged in today and noticed the package had a yellow border similar to when a weapon is maxed out.
There was a prompt to press x on the package, but when I did so it just instantly vanished and no gun showed up?

Wtf? Where is the gun I ordered?

Known issue, Bungie's put out some stuff saying to only redeem gunsmith orders at the gunsmith and not from your inventory. It's gone :(

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Can we talk about how disappointing the legendary armor sets are from a design/art perspective? The only one that I actually like is Bog Wild. Everything else is garbage except for a few random pieces like Devouring Maw.

SkylineRKR

Yeah, the No Time to Explain has the biggest story attached to it. We probably got like 2 weeks to explain we completed numerous working days, got laid dozens of times, drank shit tons of booze and all this before it finally pops up.

Can we talk about how disappointing the legendary armor sets are from a design/art perspective? The only one that I actually like is Bog Wild. Everything else is garbage except for a few random pieces like Devouring Maw.

Rocking a full Neuroghast and sort of like it with Thunderdevil and Old Guard. Dem lights.

PuMa

Yeah, the No Time to Explain has the biggest story attached to it. We probably got like 2 weeks to explain we completed numerous working days, got laid dozens of times, drank shit tons of booze and all this before it finally pops up.

Now that quest line sounds fun.

Homeboyd

Having to wait for guns makes the questline seem longer just like having no sparrow in the Dreadnaught or in-game maps on any planet makes them seem bigger!

Kyne

I mean, they re-used 80% of the gear they had in the first part of year 1.

Hunter and Warlock have all this cool looking stuff while Titans have absolute shit. Even our raid armor makes us look like the Warpriest, which doesn't feel "cool" at all.

Seriously.

Who looked at this and thought
260px-Grimoire_Warpriest.jpg

"Hey, let's make Titans look like the ugly bad guy! That'll be great for the playerbase."

If I didn't have the Iron Banner and (reused) Trials of Osiris gear to look forward to I would probably un-main my Titan. 50% of the reason I play games is for the visuals of my character.

MrDaravon

I've only upgraded two or three weapons since the weapon parts nerf, and was shocked to see that since the nerf hit I've gone down a net of ~50 weapon parts (~300 down to 250) despite playing a ton and breaking down everything. This continues to be ridiculous.

Also salty I FINALLY for the first time in TTK got a hand cannon I actually really liked the feel of from a gunsmith care package (Uffern HC4) with decent stats except it's Range being complete shit, and rolling with awful perks. Sadface :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom