• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I agree with you. I'm not saying infusion is perfect but it is a darn sight better than your gear being stuck at whatever level you get it. (AKA Vanilla Destiny) Etheric Light was simpler but also a one and done. It felt like a patch or a transitional step, which is exactly what it was. With Infusion there's supposed to be a progression and I can appreciate what Bungie is trying to achieve with it, even if they didn't execute it perfectly.

The downside is that it frustrates us min/max folks as we are forever looking for more infusion material. Also, that 80% rule is a bummer. No argument there.

A better system for infusion would have been where every items increases the XP bar on the weapon and higher light items increase it more. That way we can feed with whatever blues we want as we play. Now, the majority are trash.

noomi

Hey Noomi I'll join you farming for the void mantle if you've got space. I got the solar and arc ones yesterday from the two Nightfalls I ran, just want the void one now.

Ty

Hey I'll be home in about an hour, a few of us are supposed to be going at it, I'll let you know :)

shoot me a FR if we're not already, noomi85

Got my 310 sword. I'm now HM raid ready

Bittersteel is the next sexiest shader, love that thing

The catch with H5 is enemies, unless really close to you, are animated in 30fps. This means they change stance every 2 frames and it looks weird as fuck.

Really? Weird. I guess that's the concession they have to make?

giphy.gif

But but...I'm going to be moving out within a year....But I do have a Gamestop credit card..

Gammacide

So does anyone know of I am going to have to flawless Paradox AGAIN next week in order to continue the NTTE quest line? People on the Internet seem fuzzy about it.

Saint9806

So does anyone know of I am going to have to flawless Paradox AGAIN next week in order to continue the NTTE quest line? People on the Internet seem fuzzy about it.

If you did it and got the cult ghost yesterday, you just have to wait for Paradox to pop back up and the questline will continue since you already did the first step.

Will be doing frwsh raid in about 30-40 minutes we are 3, if ypu are interested send manthatyoufear a message on psn.

1 of us has not done it before so we taking him through.

Born2Live

Hey I'll be home in about an hour, a few of us are supposed to be going at it, I'll let you know :)

shoot me a FR if we're not already, noomi85

No problem! If a space opens up drop me an invite or message. I'm Ty_84 on PSN I'm pretty sure we ran Atheon yesterday.

Ty

Tecnniqe

Banned
Really? Weird. I guess that's the concession they have to make?

But but...I'm going to be moving out within a year....But I do have a Gamestop credit card..

I guess ill find out how bad it is once i play it.
Otherwise looks solid.

Well thats almost a year of Halo 5, which... is good? maybe.

EL CUCO

Hey guys, there is a bug regarding the armsday packages where you press back while checking your ordered packages talking to banshee will not open the window again to pick up your ordered packages. I got screwed out of my ordered shotgun strong bow.
Did your order dissappear from your inventory?

SpecX

Does Bungie plan to fix the issue when you turn in engrams and level up, then have to back out the screen and start cashing them in again? It's a minor issue, but was never there prior to 2.0

LOL. And only $20!

Whoa, whoa, whoa... i didn't even see that! I mean i could understand if it was a shooter with impeccable multiplayer gunplay where they could strip everything else away and play as a core shooter... but... Destiny!? lol take the interesting bits away and you're left with a janky PvP experience! Crazy how much different it is vs the PvE portion.

Does Bungie plan to fix the issue when you turn in engrams and level up, then have to back out the screen and start cashing them in again? It's a minor issue, but was never there prior to 2.0
Thats6because you pick the package up from rahool.
If it bugs you that much use the other guy at the reef, only rahool gives you the package.

The last time Armday hosted a tourney, it was the absolute best Destiny matches anybody has ever seen.

Year 1 guns were originally not allowed, but I guess they came to an agreement in letting them in.

The actual matches are great, the rest of it's bollocks and shows how badly private matches are needed, they spend about 20x as long waiting in orbit than playing

Deku Tree

I see. I guess I didn't understand because you were talking about Bungie and Destiny 2.

I was asking them to not go down that road.

I guess a PC version would resolve all of these issues... wonder if I would become a PC gamer if Destiny got a PC version that let you cross play with PS4 like Final Fantasy.

Hard Raid. Playstation. Hoping to start Friday night around 7:15-7:30 PM CST. Quote and add your name if you are interested in joining.

1. VincentAlexander
2. deafmedal1

Born2Live

Oh yeah haha! Yup that was me last night, sorry didn't recognize your gaf handle.

Will let you know in a bit ;)

Okie dokie.

I really wish Sony allowed PSN name changes, at least then I would be able to choose something that matched the handles I use in forums.

Ty

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ahhhhh........I'm...I'm trying my hardest to ignore you. ._.

ignore.gif

I talked someone else i know into getting one as well :p Getting that one next week.
SO far im happy with my MCC experience, however ive yet to touch the MP of it as my main goal is to try and finish all the games before H5 is out.

Taborcarn

What do people think about the Eirene RR4 as a raid sniper? According to Planet Destiny it has the same rate of fire and a higher impact and range than the 1000-yard Stare.

Code:
Eirene RR   -- ROF: 19  Impact: 34  Range: 76 Stability: 35 Reload: 55 Aim Assist: 21
1000y Stare -- ROF: 19  Impact: 31  Range: 66 Stability: 57 Reload: 62 Aim Assist: 56

Also the Eirene has luck in the chamber, so it can really hit those boss crits.

Unfortunately the biggest downside seems to be the tiny ammo capacity. It only has 15 rounds total! I'm always scrambling for ammo or on special synth cooldown every other boss cycle.

SkylineRKR

I much prefer the look of the helmet but I couldn't justify using it since enhanced tracking (the best perk it frees up) is not that great in PvE. I just turn it on as needed and keep shade step on during encounters.

You don't really gain much from using Graviton Forfeit IMO.

Its a useless helmet. There is no bonus at all. Keen scout isn't useful in Raid and Strikes and predator isn't either because you'll just want to light up enemies.

I think the Annex is the best helmet but I don't have it yet. The perks sound neat though.

I also still love Crest of Alpha Lupi because of its fast revive and orb generations, its better exotic than GF. Grasps are v good too as you get 2 smoke bombs. And even the Spine is good now, 2 fucking tripmines.

What do people think about the Eirene RR4 as a raid sniper? According to Planet Destiny it has the same rate of fire and a higher impact and range than the 1000-yard Stare.

Code:
Eirene RR   -- ROF: 19  Impact: 34  Range: 76 Stability: 35 Reload: 55 Aim Assist: 21
1000y Stare -- ROF: 19  Impact: 31  Range: 66 Stability: 57 Reload: 62 Aim Assist: 56

Unfortunately the biggest downside seems to be the tiny ammo capacity. It only has 15 rounds total! I'm always scrambling for ammo or on special cooldown every other boss cycle.

I've heard good things about luck in the chamber for ogres and staggering Oryx. I need to light level my own to test it personally.

Code:

Unfortunately the biggest downside seems to be the tiny ammo capacity. It only has 15 rounds total! I'm always scrambling for ammo or on special synth cooldown every other boss cycle.

Yeah the RR4 is probably the best high impact sniper in the game currently... with that one exception... however, the shoot-to-loot perk more than makes up for it! I dont know how many times i've been on pillar duty at daughters/oryx and had to find ammo for different weapons by shooing it across the map with my RR4. LOVE that feature!

And yes... staggers like a mofo!

Code:

This is my go to sniper rifle. If I didn't have the black spindle, I'd use it throughout the entire raid.
I also wear extra sniper ammo boots and armor, so I get 24 rounds total.

Its a useless helmet. There is no bonus at all. Keen scout isn't useful in Raid and Strikes and predator isn't either because you'll just want to light up enemies.

I think the Annex is the best helmet but I don't have it yet. The perks sound neat though.

I also still love Crest of Alpha Lupi because of its fast revive and orb generations, its better exotic than GF. Grasps are v good too as you get 2 smoke bombs. And even the Spine is good now, 2 fucking tripmines.

Annex is my go to for the Raid, special ammo on Orb pick up is a life saver

E92 M3

Code:

Eirene is my favorite PVE sniper - have it at 310.

Sullichin

Got LITC Eirene from my very first gunsmith rank up package and have been using it ever since. That and Stillpiercer are my favorite snipers. No need for 1000 Yard stare and Black Spindle doesn't excite me much.

SkylineRKR

Stillpiercer should be exotic. Its just so fucking sexy. My favourite Sniper by far. Delicious reload time too.

what is the love about the 1000y stare? i dont get

high impact, good AA. I like it a lot in both PvE and PvP. Got numerous ones via engrams but none are as good as both non-RNG rolls sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom