• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The Titan raid arms are probably the worst single piece of armor in game. WTF are those vagina things on the forearms?

zewone

Surely there's something the live team can find to nerf instead of fixing that or the Spindle scopes, though.

Spindle is an exotic. Exotic weapons don't change visuals with different scopes/barrels.

Most exotics have a unique scope but since Spindle is a copy/paste of a Legendary it actually has legendary scope options.

I don't think they will ever "fix" the spindles scope. I don't think it's actually broken to begin with.

j-wood

Never got a response, trying again:

Need some advice.

One of the first arms day orders I got was the suros dis-43. I've infused it up to 297, and it has perfect balance, counter balance, and reinforced barrel/speed reload.

But my new order today is the Omolon Tuonela SR4. It has triple tap, quickdraw, and army of one. It seems like these perks are better?

Think the SR4 would be better?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Hunter raid gear looks hideous. I won't accept any disagreement.
I think the chest (on male exo anyway) is good and the helm at least beats Bog Wild's inexplicable non-shader-friendly gold grate. The other pieces are bad, the arms are unwearable.
Never got a response, trying again:

Need some advice.

One of the first arms day orders I got was the suros dis-43. I've infused it up to 297, and it has perfect balance, counter balance, and reinforced barrel/speed reload.

But my new order today is the Omolon Tuonela SR4. It has triple tap, quickdraw, and army of one. It seems like these perks are better?

Think the SR4 would be better?
I'd say to just try them both out on patrol and see which you prefer. I love my Tuonela but it's got Firefly and maxed Stability.

LordofPwn

Ever since i saw the cabal tank you fight I've always wanted to drive one. Bungie answered my prayers and then some by giving me the Sunbreaker Subclass.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The Titan raid arms are probably the worst single piece of armor in game. WTF are those vagina things on the forearms?

umm-o.gif

zewone

I mean, they re-used 80% of the gear they had in the first part of year 1.

Hunter and Warlock have all this cool looking stuff while Titans have absolute shit. Even our raid armor makes us look like the Warpriest, which doesn't feel "cool" at all.

Seriously.

Who looked at this and thought
260px-Grimoire_Warpriest.jpg

"Hey, let's make Titans look like the ugly bad guy! That'll be great for the playerbase."

If I didn't have the Iron Banner and (reused) Trials of Osiris gear to look forward to I would probably un-main my Titan. 50% of the reason I play games is for the visuals of my character.

I don't mind armor that makes us looks like enemies/bosses in the game. That's been a staple of Destiny's raid since day 1.

I actually think the warpriest looks pretty cool from afar. But when you can see all the details up close like you can as a Titan wearing the armor, it does look pretty crappy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The titan's raid helm is the best armor piece in the game, damn the man. we may figuratively all wear Oryx's ass as a hat but Titans can literally wear the warpriest's head as a hat. So monster hunter. so hot.

lt519

While some of it is ugly I do like the idea that you wear things made of your enemies. Like the Darkblade Helm, that's badass.

They just need vendor gear that looks amazing like the Trials sets to go along with the scavenged loot.

zewone

All the raid gear in TTK is pretty shit, as is a majority of the legendary gear.

I really hope the hard mode drops gear that's not just a higher number (fingers crossed for a Taken effect or shader at the very least).

SkylineRKR

All the raid gear in TTK is pretty shit, as is a majority of the legendary gear.

I really hope the hard mode drops gear that's not just a higher number (fingers crossed for a Taken effect or shader at the very least).

I already hated Crota Raid gear.

I miss my Prime Zealot gear.

Kalamari

With all the time locked content, there needs to be an app or something that reminds you when worthwhile activities come along. That way, once you finish all of the current activities, you can just take a break until you receive a reminder that new stuff has come along. So you can spend less time reading Destiny forums, and more time living life.

I'll agree that looks good, but it does not look like it belongs in Destiny.

I'll agree again. It's the only part of the entire set that doesn't suck.

I feel like if I fell down as a Titan wearing the raid gear I'd never be able to get back up.

Seriously. How did you go from this:

to this:

It looks like he fell in a pile of glue and rolled around in some rocks.

Right!? How did this make it out of the art department that created so many beautiful sets of (mostly blue) armor!

All of this TTK stuff is complete shit... the raid weapons look like Lord Shaxx hot-glued beef jerky and old crab shells to some poor Guardian's weapons as a prank!

6c6d5be53bc12ee5b669a328b7a075f0.png

300px-Grimoire_Lord_Shaxx.jpg

"You think you can fight Fallen without training? *giggles* They'll put your head on the spike unless you use *giggles* this all powerful weapon! *loses shit, laughing uncontrollably*"

BraXzy

I just had the best, worst run in the raid ever...

I got a 310 Ghost from the totems chest. Holy smokes what an awesome start!!

All secret chests: Shards
Warpriest: Shards
Golgoroth: Shards
Oryx: Shards

Thanks game!

LTWood12

The titan's raid helm is the best armor piece in the game, damn the man. we may figuratively all wear Oryx's ass as a hat but Titans can literally wear the warpriest's head as a hat. So monster hunter. so hot.

In principle it's cool. Aesthetically it's a Rhino with an underbite.

Hey guys, I haven't played Destiny in a LONG time, but my little brother plays a lot. I got him Taken King when it launched, but yesterday he told me I didn't get the right version because he has mats for "his sword", but can't craft it.

Do I need to buy something extra, or is he just not doing it right? Googling didn't help me. =X

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
by human standards all rhinos have underbites.
Hey guys, I haven't played Destiny in a LONG time, but my little brother plays a lot. I got him Taken King when it launched, but yesterday he told me I didn't get the right version because he has mats for "his sword", but can't craft it.

Do I need to buy something extra, or is he just not doing it right? Googling didn't help me. =X
Need a little more information, but basically yes he is somehow "just not doing it right." There aren't sword-y and swordless versions of TTK.

i kind of like the aesthetic of the TTK weapons actually

especially compared to crota guns which were just normal guns with some clay goop added to them

Klyka

Banned

Please give more info. Which sword are we talking about?

Frenden

Banned
Just started my Warlock for the first time since HoW ended. Nightfalls rewarding slightly better loot was enough to get me running three characters again.

I do not look forward to running the story stuff all over again.

I'm so glad that I get to wait an arbitrary amount of time to continue the No Time To Explain quest. It'll make the gun feel that much more special, and so much more satisfying to acquire. Sure other people already have the gun, but when people ask me how I got MY No Time To Explain, I get to tell my own story. When people found a way to glitch into last part of Paradox and get the Cult Ghost, before Paradox was even the daily, I figured it would be wise to wait and play the game as intended. So glad I did, because waiting is such an incredible experience. Maybe I should quit using Tower Ghost or the companion app. Waiting to load in and out of the tower, switching characters, there's so much waiting to be done! I'm wasting it by trying to shortcut my way to equipping my 305 ghost!
But the majority of people who got the No Time to Explain just got the ghost legitimately the first time it was available.

EDIT: Top of page? Uh, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=016QI4p9zik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom