• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explaining jokes is the worst. You're both right. Of course most people did it legitimately. I failed to do it legitimately the first time it was the daily, but could have glitched into it at any time the past few weeks and I would have the gun. That's all I was saying.

#notallTitanarmor Osiris gear? Yes. Crota's End gear? Yuck

But I mainly want to commend you for seeing the True Detective cult shit in all the Deer head armor for Warlocks.
I freaking hate this time gate bullshit on exotic quests. I wasn't able to get the NTTE because I started the quest yesterday and not when it was available due to testing. I have midterms coming up so I don't think I can get on and I bet that's when they'll offer the quest. Not everyone can play on the day Bungie decides to make a quest available. It's honestly stupid.

LTWood12

I freaking hate this time gate bullshit on exotic quests. I wasn't able to get the NTTE because I started the quest yesterday and not when it was available due to testing. I have midterms coming up so I don't think I can get on and I bet that's when they'll offer the quest. Not everyone can play on the day Bungie decides to make a quest available. It's honestly stupid.

Yes. It is.

Blanket statement: Anyone who wears the Stag is a Satanist.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Fuzzy yellow projection is eh
Agreed, but I forgot to check my Stranger's Rifle to see why it's so bad.

Is the scope a different colour to the Stranger's Rifle? Is the muzzle flash worse on the NTTE? Is it the combo of the yellow scope/white muzzle flash?

A friend and I are looking for a group to do the King's Fall raid. It will be our first time for both of us.

Anyone feeling like sherpaing us?

PSN id: Marco_Tovarich

Lee

As someone who hasn't done the paradox stuff at all, I imagine I have to wait two full "cycles" to get the gun, yes? First to do Paradox and get the ghosts and all that, and then again for it to come back and start the quest?

Can it not be on a weekday? I'm still waiting for another shot at the fucking sleeper.

I completely understand that RNG was rough sometimes and people waited months and months for certain guns, but I'm not a fan of these one-day-only exotic fire sales.

LiK

Yeah, I don't understand what's wrong with bulky. Why does the female Titan armour have to be slim-fitting?

I love FemShep, but I disagree.

Doesn't need to be slim fitting. But some of it looks like it's just hanging off a stick. Female Titans aren't fatties like with the male bodies.

The Shaxx vendor chest pieces look good on females but also bulky

LTWood12

Yeah, I don't understand what's wrong with bulky. Why does the female Titan armour have to be slim-fitting?

I love FemShep, but I disagree.

It doesn't have to be slim-fitting. It just looks proportionally off. I actually think some of it does on the male Titans too.

Doesn't need to be slim fitting. But some of it looks like it's just hanging off a stick. Female Titans aren't fatties like with the male bodies.
I seriously have no idea what you're looking at. Give me an example because the armour looks fine to me.

flkraven

Arbitrarily time-gating exotics and quest is an artificial means to extend game life. It masks poor game design and lack of content. I can't believe people on reddit praise this as a good way to provide more content by limiting when people can do things, so they don't burn through everything. Bullshit. It's bad enough waiting until armsday/reset/xur for things to happen, but at least that is scheduled. This isn't. This is entirely in the benefit of the publisher/developer, not the gamer.

If they want to extend the life of the game, they should have special events that last longer like iron banner, etc. Not 1 off quests for exotics that pop up in the middle of the work week, and don't show up again for another 2 weeks.

BraXzy

The nightfall definitely has crazy high chance at getting the exclusive gear. Just got my second flayers mantle running it a fourth time for a friend. Now I'm just missing the Void one and I haven't actively tried to get any of them :L

SkylineRKR

Arbitrarily time-gating exotics and quest is an artificial means to extend game life. It masks poor game design. I can't believe people on reddit praise this as a good way to provide more content by limiting when people can do things, so they don't burn through everything. Bullshit. It's bad enough waiting until armsday/reset/xur for things to happen, but at least that is scheduled. This isn't.

If they want to extend the life of the game, they should have special events that last longer like iron banner, etc. Not 1 off quests for exotics that pop up in the middle of the work week, and don't show up again for another 2 weeks.

I don't think its good either.

The Spindle for example, has been mid weeks. Reset is at 11 in the morning, when I'm at work. When I get home, its almost eve. Then I get a few hours to play after dinner, unless I want to stay up for way too long. Within that small time frame I have to have the will to do the mission, and find people who can do it. And succeed.

LiK

That armour looks hideous no matter who's wearing it. It's also like half the size on a female than a male, so. Don't see it.

mainly the gauntlets look bad on females more than any other piece. females don't have the wide shoulders of males. some of them just look bad. also i wish the exotic helms look less big on female heads, lol

mainly the gauntlets look bad on females more than any other piece. females don't have the wide shoulders of males. some of them just look bad. also i wish the exotic helms look less big on female heads, lol

Let me just toss this out there too...the stances on the character screen for the female warlock and titan are terrible. They look bored, tired, and off balance. The female hunter is fine however.

The Spindle for example, has been mid weeks. Reset is at 11 in the morning, when I'm at work. When I get home, its almost eve. Then I get a few hours to play after dinner, unless I want to stay up for way too long. Within that small time frame I have to have the will to do the mission, and find people who can do it. And succeed.

you don't have to do anything lol

I think Bungie knows their fanbase has a lot of free time on their hands. People like you and I who need to be more efficient with our time are the minority.

Hell, some of the people in this thread play the game 8 hours a day or more from the looks of it.

Titans have the worst armor. This derp face helmet might be the worst.

dyCjJlc.jpg

I'm curious who at Bungie thought this looked fine.

lt519

you don't have to do anything lol

I buy games to not play the content all the time, it's great

I think Bungie knows their fanbase has a lot of free time on their hands. People like you and I who need to be more efficient with our time are the minority.

Hell, some of the people in this thread play the game 8 hours a day or more from the looks of it.

I think that's a poor assumption. DGAF is a minority of a minority. All my friends and clan mates I play with work full time jobs, play sports after work, go to happy hours, travel on weekends. We all have wives or fiances that need attention so we can't play every night. Having to adjust my schedule to do a exotic quest because it is only available one day is out of the question 95% of the time. There is literally no reason to not make it permanently available once they release it. It's a pretty baffling design choice. I'll get it eventually but it's just confusing. Why limit it to a random weekday when people are most likely to be busy?

Emouse

FINALLY got part 1 of the chaperone quest done, got the completion bar to 100% but it didn't say the objective was done, I had to go back into the crucible and score one more kill actually with the last turd as my initial shotgun kill didn't count, I then had the closest rumble match I've ever had, pushed the game into overtime too

On another note I've not been getting grimoire cards pop for new crucible maps, anyone else had this?

flkraven

lol ikr? Everyone always seems to be forming a party the second reset happens, or the second something new drops. How does anyone here have the money to actually power the TVs they use to play?

I'll agree that looks good, but it does not look like it belongs in Destiny.

I'll agree again. It's the only part of the entire set that doesn't suck.

I feel like if I fell down as a Titan wearing the raid gear I'd never be able to get back up.

Seriously. How did you go from this:

to this:

It looks like he fell in a pile of glue and rolled around in some rocks.

Made me laugh.

I buy games to not play the content all the time, it's great

I think that's a poor assumption. DGAF is a minority of a minority. All my friends and clan mates I play with work full time jobs, play sports after work, go to happy hours, travel on weekends. We all have wives or fiances that need attention so we can't play every night. Having to adjust my schedule to do a exotic quest because it is only available one day is out of the question 95% of the time. There is literally no reason to not make it permanently available once they release it. It's a pretty baffling design choice. I'll get it eventually but it's just confusing. Why limit it to a random weekday when people are most likely to be busy?

you have such a great life i don't see why you would be salty about a gun in a video game

if you really want it you can find 30 minutes to spare to do a daily?

stb

Eh, you have this super duper flipped. The 8-hour a day people are the minority. Bungie knows it, and has acknowledged it with the whole "Destiny isn't supposed to be a second job" thing. Unfortunately, they turned around and did stupid shit like the quests you have to start on certain days, farming RNG boxes for RNG rare materials, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom