• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

WipedOut

o_O

Welp. Those are ruined now.

How the hell did I not see that before.

tumblr_md633lZC351r1yyhoo1_250.gif

Mupod

I mean, they re-used 80% of the gear they had in the first part of year 1.

Hunter and Warlock have all this cool looking stuff while Titans have absolute shit. Even our raid armor makes us look like the Warpriest, which doesn't feel "cool" at all.

Seriously.

Who looked at this and thought
260px-Grimoire_Warpriest.jpg

"Hey, let's make Titans look like the ugly bad guy! That'll be great for the playerbase."

If I didn't have the Iron Banner and (reused) Trials of Osiris gear to look forward to I would probably un-main my Titan. 50% of the reason I play games is for the visuals of my character.

I think it looks great, too bad I can't find the hat. Wish it came with the cape too.

Of course biomechanical/chitinous armor is kinda my thing...avatar quote goes here. Guyver armor when?

zewone

i kind of like the aesthetic of the TTK weapons actually

especially compared to crota guns which were just normal guns with some clay goop added to them

I can appreciate the effort of how different they look compared to other guns, but they all look so damn like the same that it kind of ruins it.

The all look like slabs of beef or fish.

VoG guns shared similar aesthetics without every gun looking the same.

Nailed it on CE though. Those guns were just stupid looking.

zewone

I'm so glad that I get to wait an arbitrary amount of time to continue the No Time To Explain quest. It'll make the gun feel that much more special, and so much more satisfying to acquire. Sure other people already have the gun, but when people ask me how I got MY No Time To Explain, I get to tell my own story. When people found a way to glitch into last part of Paradox and get the Cult Ghost, before Paradox was even the daily, I figured it would be wise to wait and play the game as intended. So glad I did, because waiting is such an incredible experience. Maybe I should quit using Tower Ghost or the companion app. Waiting to load in and out of the tower, switching characters, there's so much waiting to be done! I'm wasting it by trying to shortcut my way to equipping my 305 ghost!

I'm confused. I got NTTE and I got the ghost legitimate.

Paradox was the daily previously a few weeks ago.

FStop7

Banned
I mean, they re-used 80% of the gear they had in the first part of year 1.

Hunter and Warlock have all this cool looking stuff while Titans have absolute shit. Even our raid armor makes us look like the Warpriest, which doesn't feel "cool" at all.

Seriously.

Who looked at this and thought
260px-Grimoire_Warpriest.jpg

"Hey, let's make Titans look like the ugly bad guy! That'll be great for the playerbase."

If I didn't have the Iron Banner and (reused) Trials of Osiris gear to look forward to I would probably un-main my Titan. 50% of the reason I play games is for the visuals of my character.

Disagree, I think a lot of the Titan armor looks badass. Easily the best, followed by Hunters. Warlocks I really dislike because of the emo trench coats and the dumb "mystical" looking feathers, etc.

Or a fucking deer head helmet. My Warlock looks like he should be ranting about Carcosa and time being a flat circle.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Don't like the cloak or helmet, but I use Graviton Forfeit and Six Coyotes cloak and it looks awesome.

Gauntlets look similar to the New Monarchy ones. Like the helm. I think if Bungie offered to transfer from console to console as a one time I'd probably move to PlayStation for the exclusives and larger audience on GAF.

Afrocious

Disagree, I think a lot of the Titan armor looks badass. Easily the best, followed by Hunters. Warlocks I really dislike because of the emo trench coats and the dumb "mystical" looking feathers, etc.

Or a fucking deer head helmet. My Warlock looks like he should be ranting about Carcosa and time being a flat circle.

Because of this god-awful post, I'm going to spend some money to get some Silver to purchase the Come Get Some (or whatever it's called) emote.

LTWood12

But the majority of people who got the No Time to Explain just got the ghost legitimately the first time it was available.

EDIT: Top of page? Uh, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=016QI4p9zik

I'm confused. I got NTTE and I got the ghost legitimate.

Paradox was the daily previously a few weeks ago.

Explaining jokes is the worst. You're both right. Of course most people did it legitimately. I failed to do it legitimately the first time it was the daily, but could have glitched into it at any time the past few weeks and I would have the gun. That's all I was saying.

#notallTitanarmor Osiris gear? Yes. Crota's End gear? Yuck

But I mainly want to commend you for seeing the True Detective cult shit in all the Deer head armor for Warlocks.

Emo trench coat wtf

zewone

Hmm, where is that pic from? The walkman cord isn't glitched at the top of the pants.
I think it was a prerelease press photo Bungie was handing out. Got it off the interwebs.
Explaining jokes is the worst. You're both right. Of course most people did it legitimately. I failed to do it legitimately the first time it was the daily, but could have glitched into it at any time the past few weeks and I would have the gun. That's all I was saying.

Sorry. :(

So people who did the mission yesterday, it didn't open up today?

I've still never got a Sublime boot Engram. I like my current boots though, so I'm not too bothered about it.

Crucible ones, I think. Aspriet 1.1.

stb

Spindle is an exotic. Exotic weapons don't change visuals with different scopes/barrels.

Most exotics have a unique scope but since Spindle is a copy/paste of a Legendary it actually has legendary scope options.

I don't think they will ever "fix" the spindles scope. I don't think it's actually broken to begin with.

While that helps explain what we're seeing, it doesn't make it any less broken. Either remove the nodes or make the scopes work. Either is acceptable. Leaving selectable nodes that do nothing is a bug.

The Titan raid arms are probably the worst single piece of armor in game. WTF are those vagina things on the forearms?

Hive stuff, TTK/Dreadnaught stuff in particular, is lousy with vaginas.

Destiny |OT♦36| lousy with vaginas

Afrocious

Question about if I should infuse or not:

My Warlock with optimal gear is at 307. Her helmet is 299.

My Hunter is at 305 with optimal gear. Her helmet is 310.

3oCs haven't been giving me helmets, so should I use my Hunter's 310 helmet to bring up my Warlock's? Trying to get as close to 310 as possible on my main at least, which is my Warlock.

yeah i dunno about all that but i don't like the way it looks.. like its made out of rubber

i think the warlock helmet is cool tho.. incidentally what enemy is that based on? i know titan is war priest, etc.
I like the design, but it looks like it's filled with foam or made of cushion or something. Looks puffy. I have a female warlock and it makes her look like she's wearing an oversized winter coat.
And I'm assuming it's a death singer/witch design.

Afrocious

While that helps explain what we're seeing, it doesn't make it any less broken. Either remove the nodes or make the scopes work. Either is acceptable. Leaving selectable nodes that do nothing is a bug.

A bug is regenerating your super meter by going into the options menu if you're wearing a certain helmet.

The scope stuff isn't a bug, but an oversight.

MrDaravon

Yeah, the completely arbitrary wait for folks that did Paradox for the first time yesterday was the final straw, I'm done for a while, not even going to bother with the last step on the exotic swords that came in today. Not mad or bitter or anything, just kind of disappointed with Bungie, this is just a disrespect of people's time which is mostly hilarious in light of their pre-release comments. I am disappoint bungie :(.

I want to see some GAF streams on Friday though, I'm curious if they do anything meaningful with HM other than it just being a level/gear check enemy-wise.

I think it looks great, too bad I can't find the hat. Wish it came with the cape too.

Of course biomechanical/chitinous armor is kinda my thing...avatar quote goes here. Guyver armor when?

*90s dub* GUUUUUUUUUYVERRRRRRRRR

ahem

Question about if I should infuse or not:

My Warlock with optimal gear is at 307. Her helmet is 299.

My Hunter is at 305 with optimal gear. Her helmet is 310.

3oCs haven't been giving me helmets, so should I use my Hunter's 310 helmet to bring up my Warlock's? Trying to get as close to 310 as possible on my main at least, which is my Warlock.

I wouldn't bother, 1 light isn't going to change anything plus 320 gear will be available Friday and 330 exotics should be available as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom