• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

lol ikr? Everyone always seems to be forming a party the second reset happens, or the second something new drops. How does anyone here have the money to actually power the TVs they use to play?
College students
Colleagues abroad
Etc.

While I'm frequently jealous, I'm willing to work to support my hobby. I'm typically in awe of the reset raid team and wonder what they do during working hours.

A bug is regenerating your super meter by going into the options menu if you're wearing a certain helmet.

The scope stuff isn't a bug, but an oversight.
It's a bug. They come in all sizes. Things don't have to be shadowshot levels of broken to be classified a bug.

We can all agree it should be fixed, and stop arguing semantics.

lt519

you have such a great life i don't see why you would be salty about a gun in a video game

if you really want it you can find 30 minutes to spare to do a daily?

I'm not salty at all, I still have a bajillion things to do in Destiny. I probably wouldn't even use the gun.

It's just two silly defenses for a horrible design choice. I'd like to play the quests because it is new content that would be enjoyable and depending on when it shows up again I may or may not be able to do it. Why limit peoples enjoyment of a game?

SnakeEyes

Banned
lol ikr? Everyone always seems to be forming a party the second reset happens, or the second something new drops. How does anyone here have the money to actually power the TVs they use to play?
Because reset happens for me at 9pm/10pm (stupid Daylight Savings changes.)

College students
Colleagues abroad
Etc.

While I'm frequently jealous, I'm willing to work to support my hobby. I'm typically in awe of the reset raid team and wonder what they do during working hours.
I play with a guy regularly who works as a Sleep Technician, so he takes his console to work and plays while he's monitoring his patients sleeping patters. He then drives home and plays a bit more before sleeping during the day.

phen0m24

Because reset happens for me at 9pm/10pm (stupid Daylight Savings changes.)

I play with a guy regularly who works as a Sleep Technician, so he takes his console to work and plays while he's monitoring his patients sleeping patters. He then drives home and plays a bit more before sleeping during the day.
Snake my dream job (s) growing up were to be

A) video game tester by day
B) Mattress tester by night

That way I could be paid 24 hours a day, get rich and buy all the games. Not exactly sure about showering but details shmetails.

I feel like I was happiest playing Destiny when House of Wolves was out.

Not that PoE was great or anything, but I had so many good weapons available. I had all kinds of stuff with different elemental damage.

I had my arc, void, solar shotgun....my arc, solar, void primaries, etc.

I had builds for any kind of activity.

When it first launched, you could see right in front of you how you could reach max power. Play some activities, earn the cores for armor, reach 34. Bam, done. Then, just work on fine tuning your ideal setups.

Now, everything feels like RNG on top of RNG. Grinding away hoping for better light in gear. Grinding away for better perks, hoping for decent raid drops with the bonuses you want, or the light level you need to advance.

Theres so much grinding for the perks you want and the light you need that you really don't have options when it comes to fine tuning your loadouts for certain situations. You sort of just take what the game gives you and deal with it.

idk, it feels very vanilla destiny ish right now. Throw in quests that make you wait for no reason and it just feels blah.

And this is without even talking about the horrific state the crucible is in right now.

I was having a blast with my friends during HoW. Now, not so much.

phen0m24

I can't get a zhalo supercell.. This is bullshit

I bought the game and should be able to exerience its content when I want to

Got my 3rd last night. Would gladly part with it I just want TELESTO stupid game

I think you were being sarcastic but if I'm wrong I'm wrong

SnakeEyes

Banned
Snake my dream job (s) growing up were to be

A) video game tester by day
B) Mattress tester by night

That way I could be paid 24 hours a day, get rich and buy all the games. Not exactly sure about showering but details shmetails.
Showering, like eating, can be done in a very short amount of time. It's spouses that you really have to watch out for... ;-)

You see, I don't even like that lol. I had a very specific outfit for my FemShep because I didn't like how most of the armour looked on her. And frankly, she's just wearing less armour. Titan armour in general looks bulkier than that. Makes no sense for female Titans to be wearing less just because it doesn't quite fit their figure.

You remember the dress they put Shepard in? Now that looked fucking stupid and an ill fit.

And FemShep had the most ridiculous skinny ass arms.

phen0m24

Been a while, hey Colonel. :p

Gonna wake up in a smoothie

How about a brown delicious to the face?

Figgy Pudding if you ever get to play with Lt Wood and T44 make them do Flight of the Conchords karaoke. Mad fun.

I would invite you sometime but you're often playing with 1337 pvp peeps.
sad face

Daemul

Seeing Titan armour on females always reminds me of how my sister looked when I got her to wear some of my clothes for a laugh, it looked so off. The Titan helmets and boots are the worst offenders, especially the boots, shit looks three times their size.

Gonna wake up in a smoothie

How about a brown delicious to the face?

Figgy Pudding if you ever get to play with Lt Wood and T44 make them do Flight of the Conchords karaoke. Mad fun.

I would invite you sometime but you're often playing with 1337 pvp peeps.
sad face

Invite me anytime, PvP is usually an exercise in frustration these days anyway.

Lnkn52

Something more like this Fig.

hahne_chest.jpg

edit: Top of page dance hype
a564880cc85d2b00c74bb7a67aa21caf.gif
Best Titan in the game

Edge-of-Tomorrow-660x440.jpg

lt519

I can't get a zhalo supercell.. This is bullshit

I bought the game and should be able to exerience its content when I want to

I know you are being sarcastic, but I was one of the people that never had a Horn and never complained once. Your backhanded comments are just immature and I'll stop there before I get myself banned. RNG loot drops vs time-gated quests are apples and oranges.

kiguel182

Today I did three strikes with the Three Of Coins and got two exotic engrams. My luck must be pretty high.

Unfortunately only one of them dropped at 310 but still. Not bad.

Daemul

Something more like this Fig.

hahne_chest.jpg

Ah yes, good old Hahne-Kedar armour set, I would recognize this shit anywhere, I always used the chestpiece on my main Sheploo Vanguard and Soldier characters since it had the perfect stats for them lol

The Serrice Council chestpiece on the other hand looked amazing on Femshep, dat figure. No surprise why really, it was made for the Asari.

Niwa

If i just buy The Taken King Disc, without any of the Expansions, I'm still able to play all the Content of the Taken King and Basic Destiny, right? (Got the season pass so i dont need the codes lmao)

If i just buy The Taken King Disc, without any of the Expansions, I'm still able to play all the Content of the Taken King and Basic Destiny, right? (Got the season pass so i dont need the codes lmao)

All taken king discs comes with all the expansions

I know you are being sarcastic, but I was one of the people that never had a Horn and never complained once. Your backhanded comments are just immature and I'll stop there before I get myself banned. RNG loot drops vs time-gated quests are apples and oranges.

at least you're guaranteed that exotic if you complete the quest

the amount of time spent on sleeper stimulant and no time to explain pales in comparison to grinding strikes

LTWood12

You see, I don't even like that lol. I had a very specific outfit for my FemShep because I didn't like how most of the armour looked on her. And frankly, she's just wearing less armour. Titan armour in general looks bulkier than that. Makes no sense for female Titans to be wearing less just because it doesn't quite fit their figure.

You remember the dress they put Shepard in? Now that looked fucking stupid and an ill fit.

And FemShep had the most ridiculous skinny ass arms.

I don't because I played as a male shep :(

Why does it have to be less armor? I just wish it was proportional.

making people do content for a "chance" at new gear is horrible design imo

talk about artificially extending game life ;)
Ok seriously, stop. His issue (which has merit) is that this "content" to unlock exotic weapons is time gated and arbitrarily released on weekdays with no real schedule. There are many, many people playing destiny for which that does not work. DGAF is a minority. On average, we have too much free time and play this game a ton, so these things are not a problem. Oh, black spindle available on a Tuesday? Cool, I'll get 3. No time to explain available on a Tuesday if I did a certain mission in the middle of the week 2 weeks ago? Sounds good!

Once these missions are unlocked for the first time, they should stay unlocked. It doesn't make sense for Bungie to dictate to the player base when they need to play, especially after their comments about not wanting destiny to feel like a second job.

I feel like I was happiest playing Destiny when House of Wolves was out.

Not that PoE was great or anything, but I had so many good weapons available. I had all kinds of stuff with different elemental damage.

I had my arc, void, solar shotgun....my arc, solar, void primaries, etc.

I had builds for any kind of activity.

When it first launched, you could see right in front of you how you could reach max power. Play some activities, earn the cores for armor, reach 34. Bam, done. Then, just work on fine tuning your ideal setups.

Now, everything feels like RNG on top of RNG. Grinding away hoping for better light in gear. Grinding away for better perks, hoping for decent raid drops with the bonuses you want, or the light level you need to advance.

Theres so much grinding for the perks you want and the light you need that you really don't have options when it comes to fine tuning your loadouts for certain situations. You sort of just take what the game gives you and deal with it.

idk, it feels very vanilla destiny ish right now. Throw in quests that make you wait for no reason and it just feels blah.

And this is without even talking about the horrific state the crucible is in right now.

I was having a blast with my friends during HoW. Now, not so much.

I feel ya

HoW era was legitamately great.

You were encouraged to play every piece of content up to that point and always had something to chase

They made a shit ton of content in TTK. Im not complaining but the endgame is basically just the raid.

Endgame in HoW was a tad more diverse

zewone

While that helps explain what we're seeing, it doesn't make it any less broken. Either remove the nodes or make the scopes work. Either is acceptable. Leaving selectable nodes that do nothing is a bug.

I leave mine on ambush all the time. If the nodes don't actually change the zoom level then that is indeed broken.

NTTE scope sucks. I agree.
Let's fight.

I've never really got the complaint about Titan armour looking awkward on females tbh.

Saint 14 (and many other helms) looks ridiculous on fem titans. giant head, puny body.

Daemul

Dammit! I come back to find some folks talking about FemShep and now I have the sudden urge to go replay Mass Effect trilogy.

Dude I've been dying to play the Mass Effect games again but I'm in the middle of my Uni semester. The games take awhile to go through so I can't risk playing them until the holidays, otherwise I won't get any work done lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian = illegal

Ill. Eagle.

I'LL SEE MYSELF OUT.

Feeling any better?
a bit thank you :)

I'm really hoping my voice is back to normal by the KF newbie raid tomorrow. I need to talk a lot :S

This raid filled up by the end of the day Tuesday without me ever announcing it was happening, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom