• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok seriously, stop. His issue (which has merit) is that this "content" to unlock exotic weapons is time gated and arbitrarily released on weekdays with no real schedule. There are many, many people playing destiny for which that does not work. DGAF is a minority. On average, we have too much free time and play this game a ton, so these things are not a problem. Oh, black spindle available on a Tuesday? Cool, I'll get 3. No time to explain available on a Tuesday if I did a certain mission in the middle of the week 2 weeks ago? Sounds good!

Once these missions are unlocked for the first time, they should stay unlocked. It doesn't make sense for Bungie to dictate to the player base when they need to play, especially after their comments about not wanting destiny to feel like a second job.

i guess i just have a different take on it

you're making it all sound like a huge chore

i thought it was a fun little event twist to some daily resets where nothing remotely exciting ever happened before

i don't think a lot of people even did dailys in year 1

I feel ya

HoW era was legitamately great.

You were encouraged to play every piece of content up to that point and always had something to chase

They made a shit ton of content in TTK. Im not complaining but the endgame is basically just the raid.

Endgame in HoW was a tad more diverse

how do you figure that?

prison of elders was incredibly dull.. and trials is coming back this friday for TTK

only 3 new exotic weapons in HoW i mean cmon

I'm still waiting for EA to release a Definitive Edition. I ain't buying all the DLC on PC.

I don't because I played as a male shep :(

Why does it have to be less armor? I just wish it was proportional.

But I'm arguing that it is proportional (for the most part). That's why I don't understand the gripe. Titan armour is supposed to be bulky. The antithesis of Hunters.

Daemul

...I never played ME1.
Other than making the choices in the comic

Normally I would say go and play through it once to experience the story, but the gameplay is so bad that not even a crazed Mass Effect fan like me wants to play it again.

Kyne

now necessary.
tumblr_nnse2hldqr1sw0ldao1_500.gif

Ok seriously, stop. His issue (which has merit) is that this "content" to unlock exotic weapons is time gated and arbitrarily released on weekdays with no real schedule. There are many, many people playing destiny for which that does not work. DGAF is a minority. On average, we have too much free time and play this game a ton, so these things are not a problem. Oh, black spindle available on a Tuesday? Cool, I'll get 3. No time to explain available on a Tuesday if I did a certain mission in the middle of the week 2 weeks ago? Sounds good!

Once these missions are unlocked for the first time, they should stay unlocked. It doesn't make sense for Bungie to dictate to the player base when they need to play, especially after their comments about not wanting destiny to feel like a second job.

I see where you are coming from but to unlock the rest of the SS and NTTE it legitimately requires a 10 minute investment on people's behalf. I have a few friends who play Destiny very casually but they still got both weapons as a result of me keeping them up to date with what is going on. On top of this these missions where available for at least 24hrs, ample time for the average Joe who browses gaf infrequently to realise that this story mission we are saying you should do is probably a worthwhile investment.

i thought it was a fun little event twist to some daily resets where nothing remotely exciting ever happened before

how do you figure that?

prison of elders was incredibly dull.. and trials is coming back this friday for TTK
Sure, the rush when they were first found/unlocked was great! That's over now, though. All that's left is Bungie flipping a switch on some random day telling you "Now you're allowed to try to get this weapon! If you can't play today, that's alright! We will continue to flip this switch occasionally in the future!" The novelty is gone, all that's left is annoyance for the people that can't play at any given time.

how do you figure that?

I suppose im in the minority for liking PoE.

Still you had that, Two Raids, and ToO that kept people coming back every week.

I dunno i guess its not much different.

LTWood never change that, I didn't play ME1 either and I turned out ok! Don't do it! Don't fall into one of the 3 different colored rabbit holes!

LTWood12

Normally I would say go and play through it once to experience the story, but the gameplay is so bad that not even a crazed Mass Effect fan like me wants to play it again.

Wow, I never get that response. Usually it's...

Whaaaaaaatttttttt

Dude, fix this now!

Story-wise, it's my favorite of the trilogy. The gameplay though can take some time to get used to if you're coming from ME 2 or 3.

:) Someday Nami. Someday.

Best choice you could have made.

People aren't going to like that you said that.

You and Nami should be friends.

lt519

I see where you are coming from but to unlock the rest of the SS and NTTE it legitimately requires a 10 minute investment on people's behalf. I have a few friends who play Destiny very casually but they still got both weapons as a result of me keeping them up to date with what is going on. On top of this these missions where available for at least 24hrs, ample time for the average Joe who browses gaf infrequently to realise that this story mission we are saying you should do is probably a worthwhile investment.

Well besides that I travel for work and don't take a PS4 with me its fair to say that 99% of people can get to their PS4s for ten minutes during the day. But black spindle took a lot longer than that.

Anyway this is all besides the point, why even lock that content once it's out. You are only excluding people at this point. It's no longer a special thing when everyone has it. Why exclude that 1% at that point by making it unavailable.

BokehKing

Banned
Wait

Why the hell did I have to wait until arms day just to get the final step in the sword quest? I thought I would be getting the sword today and I'll finally break 289 and be able to go in the raid.....fucking hell man

Never mind, equipped my 295 hawkmoon and hit 291

GobFather

I had a question about the daily story mode in vault of glass. Someone said there was a ghost shell you can find for a mission that leads to a gun? I'm so confused.not sure if it's true. If anyone knows. Thanks in advance !

zewone

I had a question about the daily story mode in vault of glass. Someone said there was a ghost shell you can find for a mission that leads to a gun? I'm so confused.not sure if it's true. If anyone knows. Thanks in advance !

It's true, but that was yesterday.

There is, but you missed it yesterday, so you'll have to wait until the next time it's the daily to get the ghost and then wait again for the rest of the quest. There are video guides on youtube on what to do.

Kyne

Wait

Why the hell did I have to wait until arms day just to get the final step in the sword quest? I thought I would be getting the sword today and I'll finally break 289 and be able to go in the raid.....fucking hell man

the sword is not necessary for the raid and you'd be better off with a machine gun. If you're worried about your light level then it's not a big deal. As long as you have a decent leveled sniper you can run the raid sub 290 and then probably pick up some armor along the way that will push you over 290 for the rest of the raid.

Nightz

a bit thank you :)

I'm really hoping my voice is back to normal by the KF newbie raid tomorrow. I need to talk a lot :S

This raid filled up by the end of the day Tuesday without me ever announcing it was happening, lol
Aww man, was hoping to get in on a newbie raid this week.

how do you figure that?

FYI I'm not singling you guys out or anything, just the latest posts I saw on this.

It is a chore though as it locks people out purely due to the fact that they did not play that day.

Take myself as an example, I'm on GAF, I play the game a ton, BUT for 3 weeks at a time I literally cannot game at all.

Anything happens in those 3 weeks in regards to time gated secrets? Well sucks to be me. Better hope that Bungie decides to unlock them again when I get a chance to play in the 3 weeks in back home otherwise tough luck, you didn't play when we wanted you to.

It's a fake way of making something climatic.

Now if they want to time hate things and release them in drips the fair enough, but like others have said, they should stay unlocked.

Wait

Never mind, equipped my 295 hawkmoon and hit 291

yeah you are fine to do the raid man.. especially if you find a group who's done it before

BokehKing

Banned
the sword is not necessary for the raid and you'd be better off with a machine gun. If you're worried about your light level then it's not a big deal. As long as you have a decent leveled sniper you can run the raid sub 290 and then probably pick up some armor along the way that will push you over 290 for the rest of the raid.
Oh ok cool I just been putting it off until I hit 290 because I didn't want to drag anyone down

phen0m24

a bit thank you :)

I'm really hoping my voice is back to normal by the KF newbie raid tomorrow. I need to talk a lot :S

This raid filled up by the end of the day Tuesday without me ever announcing it was happening, lol

Your reputation precedes you, amigo. :) Making GAF proud since.... :)

Trakan

While that helps explain what we're seeing, it doesn't make it any less broken. Either remove the nodes or make the scopes work. Either is acceptable. Leaving selectable nodes that do nothing is a bug.

From what I read on reddit back when spindle was first released, the zoom does change, just not the scope itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom