• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
My, Myself and EIRENE

Well now that Clown Cartridge makes sense.

Because......because Jim Carrey is in that movie.

And he's a funny person.

...in fact he is known to have acted like a clown to his parents and as his job when he was a youth in Canada

That's why Clown Cartridge makes sense.

FYI I'm not singling you guys out or anything, just the latest posts I saw on this.

It is a chore though as it locks people out purely due to the fact that they did not play that day.

Take myself as an example, I'm on GAF, I play the game a ton, BUT for 3 weeks at a time I literally cannot game at all.

Anything happens in those 3 weeks in regards to time gated secrets? Well sucks to be me. Better hope that Bungie decides to unlock them again when I get a chance to play in the 3 weeks in back home otherwise tough luck, you didn't play when we wanted you to.

It's a fake way of making something climatic.

Now if they want to time hate things and release them in drips the fair enough, but like others have said, they should stay unlocked.

thats rough but i mean if you're away from your PS4 for 3 weeks at a time you're gonna miss stuff in this game though .. whether its these limited time quests or raiding or Xur or whatever

if I'm going on vacation for a month tomorrow and Xur sells the supercell which i don't have should i argue that xur should sell everything every day of the week cuz people have shit to do?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well now that Clown Cartridge makes sense.

Because......because Jim Carrey is in that movie.

And he's a funny person.

...in fact he is known to have acted like a clown to his parents and as his job when he was a youth in Canada

That's why Clown Cartridge makes sense.
ohhhh. I knew it couldn't have been a straightforward reference to clown cars, which can hold more than they would appear to from the outside. I really appreciate this explanation

blackflag

What do you all think the minimum to attempt hard mode should be? I've run KF weekly but due to bad luck I'm still between 303 and 305 depending on loadout.

Maybe we can do the first couple bosses and hope to get loot that pushes to 307+?

Just really sucks that because of RNG I can't do hard mode. I didn't have this issue in VOG, Crota, or POE.

What do you all think the minimum to attempt hard mode should be? I've run KF weekly but due to bad luck I'm still between 303 and 305 depending on loadout.

Maybe we can do the first couple bosses and hope to get loot that pushes to 307+?

Just really sucks that because of RNG I can't do hard mode. I didn't have this issue in VOG, Crota, or POE.

im in the same boat.. i think we'll be fine honestly

if people can get away with the current raid at 290? shiiiiit

only what.. 50 people in the game are actually 310 according to destiny tracker?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just got Last Extremity from a blue engram with Icarus, Hand Laid Stock and Firefly. Worth keeping? Its only 274.

Also has anyone here had a legendary class item while using a Hunter turn into a cloak? Every single one of mine has become an artifact. Other classes I get the Bond or Mark.

noomi

If you want a psion cloak, this is the week to do it, takes less than 10 minutes to get through the nightfall and the drop rate is increased.

Farmed for an hour and had 3 cloaks drop. Do it

LTWood12

Whatever other people in the group are cool with. Probably not going to attempt it on my alts until they're around 305. Main is currently 307, which i'm satisfied with, though i'll hopefully get the 310 artifact tonight to hit 309.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Sai-kun

Banned
Cheers @ piratethingy/crophonso for putting together one of the most solid raid groups I've been in! We really killed it :)

Also I got so fucking lucky from the totem relay challenge and got a 307 Kingslayer Shell for my Ghost. Just need some lucky helmet and chest drops now, and I'll be almost completely over 300, although I'm happy sitting at 301 at least instead of 299 :)

FirewalkR

So, does anyone still have Atheon's checkpoint normal (or hard...)? I'd like to grab it on 2 of my chars if anyone can quickly hop in.

PSN: FirewalkR

k1t4j

Doing that 7 precision kills in 1 crucible match the legit way is terrible...

I did it in the legacy playlist, 2 minutes after a crucible match started, someone here mentioned how the player base was much weaker in comparison with the ones that play TTK crucible. I gave it a try and well ;)

Fuck these Crucible kill quests btw

Kyne

I did it in the legacy playlist, 2 minutes after a crucible match started, someone here mentioned how the player base was much weaker in comparison with the ones that play TTK crucible. I gave it a try and well ;)

Fuck these Crucible kill quests btw

they aren't that bad.

Nerfing a gun to oblivion and then making you use it for a quest right after?

That's some trollification right there.

FirewalkR

Reposting for new page.

Vault of Glass tonight at 7:00 EST on PS4.

1 andycapps
2 silvertongueBR
3 FirewalkR
4 goblindegook

Adding myself and a mate.

EDIT: goblin has not done the VoG before though he knows most of the mechanics. This ok with you, andycapps?

Kyne

an interesting tidbit of data.

With Iron Banner now over are you curious which builds were the most popular and highest winning for each Subclass? We have the answer!

Note: This sample was taken from over 250,000 games. For each class the 100 most poular builds were taken and then sorted using the wins vs number of times seen.

Hunter

Bladedancer (60.67% win rate, 1.39 KD)
•Skip Grenade
•Blink
•Razor's Edge
•Backstab
•Path Unknown
•Quick Draw
•Way of the Fearless
•Hungering Blade

Gunslinger (55.13% win rate, 1.18 KD)
•Tripmine Grenade
•Triple Jump
•Combustion
•Incendiary Blade
•Path Forgotten
•Keyhole
•Way of the Fearless
•Over the Horizon

Nightstalker (56.36% win rate, 1.05 KD)
•Vortex Grenade
•Triple Jump
•Black Hole
•Envenomed
•Path Unknown
•Lockdown
•Way of the Fearless
•Keen Scout

Titan

Defender (64.04% win rate, 1.23 KD)
•Suppressor Grenade
•Increased Control
•Armor of Light
•Unbreakable
•Titan Codex I
•Relentless
•Titan Codex IV
•Untouchable

Striker (53.46% win rate, 1.02 KD)
•Lightning Grenade
•Increased Control
•Shockwave
•Amplify
•Titan Codex I
•Aftershocks
•Titan Codex IV
•Shoulder Charge

Sunbreaker (61.29% win rate, 1.40 KD)
•Incendiary Grenade
•Increased Control
•Forgemaster
•Melting Point
•Titan Codex II
•Flameseeker
•Titan Codex IV
•Cauterize

Warlock

Stormcaller (57.29% win rate, 1.22 KD)
•Storm Grenade
•Focused Burst
•Ionic Blink
•Amplitude
•Arcane Spirit
•Transcendence
•Divine Order
•Electrostatic Mind

Sunsinger (60.87% win rate, 1.31 KD)
•Firebolt Grenade
•Focused Burst
•Radiant Skin
•Flame Shield
•Arcane Force
•Viking Funeral
•Divine Order
•Touch of Flame

Voidwalker (56.76% win rate, 1.17 KD)
•Axion Bolt
•Blink
•Vortex
•Life Steal
•Arcane Force
•Annihilate
•Chaos Order
•Vortex Mastery

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Is The Smolder any good? I got an amazing roll on one but the base blast radius and velocity stats are a freaking joke. Why would anyone design a crucible vendor RL like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom