• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything you can do for 100 gunsmith rep? Wish I had done the damn hand cannon in the crucible last week.

Have you gotten all 4 of the random fusion rifle drops related to the Sleeper? Also that super long ass Crucible quest line gives some Gunsmith rep towards the end.

Btw for anyone doing the weekly Crucible bounties for NFall reward, I'd recommend sitting on the completed "5 out of 5" bounty until after Heroic KF since you might get higher Light exotics once you are 310+.

spyder_ur

Have you gotten all 4 of the random fusion rifle drops related to the Sleeper? Also that super long ass Crucible quest line gives some Gunsmith rep towards the end.

Btw for anyone doing the weekly Crucible bounties for NFall reward, I'd recommend sitting on the completed "5 out of 5" bounty until after Heroic KF since you might get higher Light exotics once you are 310+.

Yeah, I've got all of those - actually still sitting on the simulant quest. Does the gunsmith rep comes during the quest or does it only come when it's completed?

What's going on with bounties in relation to NF and Raid? I'm confused, but don't want to miss out if I'm misundertanding something.

Yeah, I've got all of those - actually still sitting on the simulant quest. Does the gunsmith rep comes during the quest or does it only come when it's completed?

Not sure about the stimulant quest, although there may be some rep at the end. The Crucible quest line that unlocks those weekly crucible bounties gives Gunsmith rep towards the end, although if you haven't started that quest it's an awfully long way to go. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know for sure about the Sleeper quest giving Gunsmith rep since that would be faster if you've already started it.

Emouse

Had a somewhat productive day, got Starfire Protocol from an engram which was the last warlock exotic chest I needed, and managed to do the whole chaperone and last part of the first curse quests, now to wait for next week to get em both & start the no time to explain quest

Had a somewhat productive day, got Starfire Protocol from an engram which was the last warlock exotic chest I needed, and managed to do the whole chaperone and last part of the first curse quests, now to wait for next week to get em both & start the no time to explain quest

A lot of people really like Chaperone although I haven't used it enough to know. Personally I don't like shotguns in PvP but it's a cool exotic regardless. I just need the 7 precision kills in Crucible to finish First Curse but initial reports are super duper underwhelming. The base stats are crazy low outside the high impact plus all the Hand Cannon nerfs aren't gonna help. A friend was using it this morning and it seemed very mediocre.

why are people doing the VoG?

Quest line for No Time to Explain exotic requires killing Atheon. Some people just doing it for fun.

oh my god

1484377188602291526.jpg

http://kotaku.com/the-taken-kings-art-like-destinys-is-killer-1737931446

What's going on with bounties in relation to NF and Raid? I'm confused, but don't want to miss out if I'm misundertanding something.

There's a super long Crucible quest line that unlocks 6 weekly PvP bounties. Once you finish 5 of them you can turn in the last one to receive the same type of rewards you get from Nightfalls (exotic, legendary up to 310, strange coins, 3oCs, etc).

Since you on,y receive the reward when actually turning in the last bounty you can save it for later in the week. People are speculating that we might start seeing higher Light exotics drop once people are over 310 Light (similar to how you had to hit 300 to get 310 exotics). So it's a good idea to sit on that Crucible bounty until after finishing Heroic KF this weekend, just in case you get some high Light gear. Maybe it won't matter at all but worth a shot imo.

Can I keep my half completed Iron Banner bounties, or abandon them? Do they carry over at all to the next IB?

You can keep them if you don't mind losing those bounty spaces. They will carry over, although if the first day of the next IB has some of the same bounties you're holding then you won't be able to pick them up again that day. There are 9 total Daily bounties and 3 given per day so odds are in your favor.

If you're talking about the brown Weekly bounties then I believe those are the same each time so you won't get any bonus rep next IB. It just depends on how badly you don't want to lose bounty progress vs how badly you want to open up those bounty spots in your inventory. Next IB won't be for a month so it'll be a long wait.

shanafan

You can keep them if you don't mind losing those bounty spaces. They will carry over, although if the first day of the next IB has some of the same bounties you're holding then you won't be able to pick them up again that day. There are 9 total Daily bounties and 3 given per day so odds are in your favor.

If you're talking about the brown Weekly bounties then I believe those are the same each time so you won't get any bonus rep next IB. It just depends on how badly you don't want to lose bounty progress vs how badly you want to open up those bounty spots in your inventory. Next IB won't be for a month so it'll be a long wait.

TY!

Well I'm definitely going to try and find a group on Friday that's for sure. 305 has got to be fine for most of it and I'm assuming by the time we get to Oryx I'll have hopefully gotten useful upgrades.

Normal KF was recommended Light 290 then increased to 300 at Oryx (maybe Daughters? Not sure). Heroic KF is recommended Light 310 and we know it goes to 320. So my guess is the early parts will be 310 and then jump to 320 by the end like NM. Being 5 Light down is a ~14% damage penalty which will be noticeable but not a huge deal. Assuming you get lucky with a couple drops like you said then you should be totally fine until at least Oryx.

Afrocious

Normal KF was recommended Light 290 then increased to 300 at Oryx (maybe Daughters? Not sure). Heroic KF is recommended Light 310 and we know it goes to 320. So my guess is the early parts will be 310 and then jump to 320 by the end like NM. Being 5 Light down is a ~14% damage penalty which will be noticeable but not a huge deal. Assuming you get lucky with a couple drops like you said then you should be totally fine until at least Oryx.

Dat faith in drops tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom