• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint9806

The Nightfall Buff seems to be real. All below from one run tonight.

303 Legendary Ghost Shell (Had a 293)
275 Lengdary Auto Rife (Antipodal Hindsight)
276 Legendary Rocket Launcher (The Smolder)
297 Rare Blue Helmet (Previous Helmet was 291)
294 Arc Flayer Mantle
Primary Exotic from 3oC use...

The Ghost and Helmet upgrade got me from 298-299. Not going to decrypt the Exotic until I hit 300. :)

I haven't heard back from a single person since i posted the release time.

Blind Hard Mode King's Fall
Friday, 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern (Release)
PlayStation 4

1) xplicitone
2) RadicalVelocity (need confirmation)
3) Vincent Alexander (need confirmation. PSN?)
4)
5)
6)

Jabronium

The Nightfall Buff seems to be real. All below from one run tonight.

303 Legendary Ghost Shell (Had a 293)
275 Lengdary Auto Rife (Antipodal Hindsight)
276 Legendary Rocket Launcher (The Smolder)
297 Rare Blue Helmet (Previous Helmet was 291)
294 Arc Flayer Mantle
Primary Exotic from 3oC use...

The Ghost and Helmet upgrade got me from 298-299. Not going to decrypt the Exotic until I hit 300. :)

Wait, really? Is that just due to it being the NF, or did something in the patch yesterday make the Flayers count as proper ultras now?

I wish that NTTE wasn't so visually obscuring when you aim and shoot. Can't hardly see what I'm shooting at between the sight and the projectiles.

I don't see it making a big dent in PvP load outs. I think Trials will see a lot of Red Death, a lot of well-rolled Hacksaws and vendor Nirwen's, some well-rolled Lyudmilas, some Bad Jujus and the occasional Grasp of Malok or Spare Change. Some Tlaloc Sunsingers and the occasional Ace of Spades Hunter. An occasional Hawkmoon still living the Year 1 dream.

The problem is all pulse rifles are way more similar to one another than the 3 exotic hand cannons were. It's literally just a question of your perks and which RoF-Impact tier PR you use. You'll get killed by a wider variety but the actual play styles feel more similar than TLW vs Thorn vs HMoon. Red Death and Bad Juju and NTtE feel like every other PR except there's some bonus ability attached. TLW felt like nothing else in the game.

PlayStation 4

1) xplicitone
4)
5)
6)
Hey Hey. I'd love to join, but I work Friday until 7:00 PM. I've got a group of 5 so far looking for a sixth to do hard raid at about 7:15-7:30 PM CST once I'm off work if you're free then...?

War priest: moldering shards
Golgoroth: chest piece (worse than current)
Sisters: moldering shards
Oryx: moldering shards

Gee cool loot tables bungie

I don't see it making a big dent in PvP load outs. I think Trials will see a lot of Red Death, a lot of well-rolled Hacksaws and vendor Nirwen's, some well-rolled Lyudmilas, some Bad Jujus and the occasional Grasp of Malok or Spare Change. Some Tlaloc Sunsingers and the occasional Ace of Spades Hunter. An occasional Hawkmoon still living the Year 1 dream.

The problem is all pulse rifles are way more similar to one another than the 3 exotic hand cannons were. It's literally just a question of your perks and which RoF-Impact tier PR you use. You'll get killed by a wider variety but the actual play styles feel more similar than TLW vs Thorn vs HMoon. Red Death and Bad Juju and NTtE feel like every other PR except there's some bonus ability attached. TLW felt like nothing else in the game.

100% agree. All the pulse rifles are essentially conducive to the same mid range strafe and stagger battles. The Holy Trinity at least allowed for both hyper aggressive play as well as very conservative shots from range.

Ideally the weapon classes would be balanced so we could have different weapons serve different playstyles, but that won't happen if one class far outshines the others on all fronts the way pulses do now.

Moldering shards for Moldering shards should have never happened and I am shocked it got through testing.

"Hey guys wouldn't it be cool if the 20 shards you collected could turn into 2 shards or antiquated runes?"
"Totally! That would make people grind alot more and spend more time with our stupid loot system!"
"Yeah let's do a stupid high five HERP DERP"

Bungie, ladies and genetlemen.

So its more likely see the Flyiers drop the cloack often because is a Nightfall ?

I want to farm the cloacks too

Yes. I got the Void. My clanmates have been getting them, too.

If Kadey's train is full, I'd be down to start a new train. Just don't want Void.

No mic atm btw.

E92 M3

"Hey guys wouldn't it be cool if the 20 shards you collected could turn into 2 shards or antiquated runes?"
"Totally! That would make people grind alot more and spend more time with our stupid loot system!"
"Yeah let's do a stupid high five HERP DERP"

Bungie, ladies and genetlemen.

Bungie has a saboteur in the investment team.

Out of the 7 times I've used 20 shards, only 1 time did it turn into a drop. The other 6 have been 2 shards. It's exactly why I started looking for Totems start if its available.

Not to mention that drop was a 302 Scout. When I was using the 304 raid scout.
Or it was the 300 boots. One of those 2.

Out of the 7 times I've used 20 shards, only 1 time did it turn into a drop. The other 6 have been 2 shards. It's exactly why I started looking for Totems start if its available.

Not to mention that drop was a 302 Scout. When I was using the 304 raid scout.

I'm...I'm sorry Xplicit. I joke about it, but this Shard menace has to stop. I say we start a hashtag campaign and tweet our Ire at bungie. Our campaign hashtag can be....#StopShardingShards. We shall commence tomorrow in the morning at 8 AM, if all 10 of us tweet at them 5 times every 15 minutes, they will notice.

WHO'S WITH ME

Afrocious

1 more for fresh KF run. PSN AFRODEEZIYAK

@LiK : I dunno if Nami will join. Might be saving all his toons for HM. I'm just gonna do the raid today in my hunter.

Mupod

Could I get some help and/or help someone with the last two steps of Touch of Malice? Undying Mind and Fear's Embrace.

PSN: Mupodpsn

did you have to do something for SS or did it just pop up?

Shit what was the requirement for SS....Oh that's right. So there's 4 purple fusion rifles you can turn in to the Gunsmith, if you turn in all 4 then when the Quest pops, I think you go talk to the gunsmith then go to Earth and there's a new quest called first firewall which starts a questline.

PlayStation 4

1) xplicitone
4)
5)
6)

F0X-AIV3E, I am able to do 1pm eastern, but I told vincet that I would play with him after work. I have one or two others that would be down for 1pm on Friday. Let me get back to you? What's your PSN name and we'll chat through there.

GorillaJu

I must have had some good luck overall in raids compared to you guys. My drops (in a total of 3 raid completions):

300 cloak, 302 cloak
307 Titan chest
304 Hunter Chest
306 Hunter Arms
307 Pulse Rifle
308 Shotgun x2, 308 Fusion
300 Hand Cannon

I guess that's not too bad for only 3 runs.

The shards issue more than likely isn't by design. It probably just pulls from the already existing tables for the other bosses at their natural drop rate.. and all of those tables include shards. So it functions as an extra roll on a random previous boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom