• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Halo 1 on Legendary has been defeated.
Tomorrow Halo 2 is up for a beating!

Not sure why im posting this in Destiny GAF, but i need my Wall of Shame somehow :D
DGAF best HGAF

That would be a boring hard mode.

Like, I'm thinking about what Crotas end hard mode did. And it was usually just add an unreachable major that wasn't there before sniping at you or shooting shit at you.

Maybe finally using the fourth platform since I dont get it why the last one dont need anyone to step on it on Sisters and Oryx

maomaoIYP

I have not used it much yet but I managed to land 2 full damage headshots in a row (84 damage) across the map on exodus blue last night with the First Curse. After killing that dude the next headshot on another dude did 94. No idea wtf I'm supposed to do with the gun when enemies are close though. Damn thing kicks like a mule. A Doubt-00 with rifled barrel is a much more consistent HC.

Agent

Starting up a fresh King's Fall run. Looking to start ASAP and quickly run through it.

1) me (phantom8324)
2) deafmedal
3)
4)
5)
6)

Daemul

Normal KF was recommended Light 290 then increased to 300 at Oryx (maybe Daughters? Not sure). Heroic KF is recommended Light 310 and we know it goes to 320. So my guess is the early parts will be 310 and then jump to 320 by the end like NM. Being 5 Light down is a ~14% damage penalty which will be noticeable but not a huge deal. Assuming you get lucky with a couple drops like you said then you should be totally fine until at least Oryx.

NM early parts are 280 so I'm guessing HM early parts will be 300, not that it will change much in the end, because unless RNGesus smiles upon you and your team you're fucked at Oryx, if you even make it that far, Golgoroth will probably ruin many a raid run on Friday lol.

With NM many of us were in the 295 range when we fought Oryx, so it was only a 5 light penalty, but with HM that's not going to be the case except for RNG's most favoured.

Normal KF was recommended Light 290 then increased to 300 at Oryx (maybe Daughters? Not sure). Heroic KF is recommended Light 310 and we know it goes to 320. So my guess is the early parts will be 310 and then jump to 320 by the end like NM. Being 5 Light down is a ~14% damage penalty which will be noticeable but not a huge deal. Assuming you get lucky with a couple drops like you said then you should be totally fine until at least Oryx.

To be fair, the BWU lists the recommended light as 300-320

I have not used it much yet but I managed to land 2 full damage headshots in a row (84 damage) across the map on exodus blue last night with the First Curse. After killing that dude the next headshot on another dude did 94. No idea wtf I'm supposed to do with the gun when enemies are close though. Damn thing kicks like a mule. A Doubt-00 with rifled barrel is a much more consistent HC.

So the bonus damage changes it from a 3 shot kill to a... 3 shot kill. Sounds awesome.

Kinda crazy you can do full damage from that range given its range stat though. So that's something. I guess.

MilkBeard

I just got back into Destiny again. I had originally bought the game with the two expansions deal at launch, and then after I beat the main game and spent 100 hours, I felt like I needed to chill. I didn't play when Dark Below and House of Wolves came out.
I'm glad I waited, because both of those expansions were kind of weaksauce. I went through Dark below in just a few hours (not including the Raid). If I had gobbled that up right away I'd be disappointed.
But now that Taken King is out, there's a lot more to look forward to. I've already been rewarded with some cool guns (Hard Light? Yes please). I Hope the Taken King story-wise is a bit better than the last two expansions. So far even just having the Taken Lieutenants invade areas is pretty cool, and ominous.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back in after a long break. Looking forward to diving in to Taken King stuff. I've been having fun with Rift as well, and Prison of Elders.

Kalamari

Once you get to 310, will exotics begin dropping at 320? I mean, will there be a possibility of 320 etotic drops once 310 is reached?

BraXzy

Weird. Was just in the raid, we killed Golgoroth and a guy DC'd and then left the party. Odd, fair enough.

We were going to the exotic chest, half of us had got it and opened it.. When we all (me, the leader, included) were kicked out and joined the fireteam of the guy who had DC'd..

Thankfully the chest didn't disappear when we loaded back in, so random though.

#Abductions

I just got back into Destiny again. I had originally bought the game with the two expansions deal at launch, and then after I beat the main game and spent 100 hours, I felt like I needed to chill. I didn't play when Dark Below and House of Wolves came out.
I'm glad I waited, because both of those expansions were kind of weaksauce. I went through Dark below in just a few hours (not including the Raid). If I had gobbled that up right away I'd be disappointed.
But now that Taken King is out, there's a lot more to look forward to. I've already been rewarded with some cool guns (Hard Light? Yes please). I Hope the Taken King story-wise is a bit better than the last two expansions. So far even just having the Taken Lieutenants invade areas is pretty cool, and ominous.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back in after a long break. Looking forward to diving in to Taken King stuff. I've been having fun with Rift as well, and Prison of Elders.

Nice, glad to hear you've been enjoying it. Taking breaks is always healthy. When people grind way too hard and burn out then they end up rage quitting forever when they might have still enjoyed it in moderation. Unless you're super into PvP there isn't enough here to keep you going indefinitely. Dark Below and HoW both had lukewarm receptions at best, except for PvP folks that loved the Trials of Osiris mode in HoW.

General consensus is positive for the TTK story, it's clearly the best Destiny has been so far on that front. Much better dialogue and character interactions, I think you'll enjoy it if you managed to stomach the vanilla story.

SeanR1221

NM early parts are 280 so I'm guessing HM early parts will be 300, not that it will change much in the end, because unless RNGesus smiles upon you and your team you're fucked at Oryx, if you even make it that far, Golgoroth will probably ruin many a raid run on Friday lol.

With NM many of us were in the 295 range when we fought Oryx, so it was only a 5 light penalty, but with HM that's not going to be the case except for RNG's most favoured.

Yeah I figured Golgoroth will break most teams.

I told my cousin I'll give him a few honest tries but if he's COMPLETELY wrecking the team Im switching to normal for the rest of the raid to get my drops and coming back next week.

Once you get to 310, will exotics begin dropping at 320? I mean, will there be a possibility of 320 etotic drops once 310 is reached?

That's the big question now. Afaik nobody knows yet. There have been 310 Guardians in the wild for a few weeks now but I haven't seen any confirmation. It's possible that higher Light exotics require you to be 311+ Light to decrypt, that way they would be safely hidden away behind the Hard mode raid. It's all speculation now.

Johndoey

Banned
I can't believe how mysterious this game is so weird. In a good way though. I'm glad I picked this legendary package up, regret buying Destiny at launch, but it ended well enough I suppose.

Has Bungie addressed the Iron Banner shit show yet? I play every day the entire week and got nothing for it while the last place player on the team frequently got legendary drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom