• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

am I LttP or did I just discover something pretty cool?
I was slogging through the solar kills portion for the solar exotic sword, when it dawned on me that I could play mayhem clash to perform the ability kills.
gained 13% in one match!

If you have the right class, you can go much faster than that just doing The Dark Below mission. Doing Void Sword with Warlock or Solar Sword with Titan goes super fast, especially if you have a Zhalo to get your Super powered up quick (or an Obsidian Mind). A Blade Dancer with Showstopper and Encore can keep his/her Super going almost indefinitely for the Arc Kills.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Done and done.

KGnToKO.png

So the bonus damage changes it from a 3 shot kill to a... 3 shot kill. Sounds awesome.

Kinda crazy you can do full damage from that range given its range stat though. So that's something. I guess.
Does the first curse have bonus damage as a hidden perk or something? Because I picked it up and nowhere does it say anything about bonus damage. It does bonus stability, range, and movement speed.

That damage difference simply sounds like range. As he said, the target was way across the map. For comparison, Imprecation hit for 95. I assume first curse also hits for 95.

Tlaloc is disgusting in PvP when you have a full super, absolutely disgusting.

Finished 5 weekly bounties(had some left over from last week, thanks Iron Banner) and got a 303 ghost shell for it, would rather get coins.

border

I just got my quest for the First Curse. How difficult is the Crucible portion of it going to be for a PVP scrub? Is there any easy way to get Precision Sprees?

maomaoIYP

Does the first curse have bonus damage as a hidden perk or something? Because I picked it up and nowhere does it say anything about bonus damage. It does bonus stability, range, and movement speed.

That damage difference simply sounds like range. As he said, the target was way across the map. For comparison, Imprecation hit for 95. I assume first curse also hits for 95.
Oh yeah you're right. I thought my first shots for 84 was at max damage. I gave up on the gun after a few attempts, so I think you should be right in that 95 is probably the actual damage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just got my quest for the First Curse. How difficult is the Crucible portion of it going to be for a PVP scrub? Is there any easy way to get Precision Sprees?
go into rumble in a fireteam and shoot them in the head

edit: Wait, I don't think the spree part actually needs to be in pvp anyway

NastyBook

I've never really got the complaint about Titan armour looking awkward on females tbh.
It's mainly the No Backup Plans that put a damper on things. I notice they actually did exactly what I asked and made them less transparent, but if you rock those while wearing bulky chest pieces, she looks straight up ridiculous.

Oh yeah you're right. I thought my first shots for 84 was at max damage. I gave up on the gun after a few attempts, so I think you should be right in that 95 is probably the actual damage.

yeah it has some serious drop off. if the first curse perk turned it from a good gun to a fantastic gun for 5 bullets that'd be all well and good but it becomes barely workable with the first curse active.

this gun is in a tier below og thorn and bad juju

GhaleonEB

Anyone able to help with the Black Garden strike for ToM? I worked my way to the boss solo, but I don't think I can take it down solo.

X-Frame

Is this a good Hawksaw roll?

Hammer Forged / Full Auto / Rifled Barrel

Range is at around 65%, Stability around 75%, and Reload around 70%.

I also have the scope that highlights threats like Guardians with supers (not sure how useful that is).

LiK

Horrible raid drops. Only higher level mark and a 290 Alpha Lupi. At least the mark got me to 308. But it was fun and Afro was a runner as a Hunter for Oryx. I was the only Titan. Never saw so many Warlocks in raid :p

Svartnatt

Anyone able to help with the Black Garden strike for ToM? I worked my way to the boss solo, but I don't think I can take it down solo.

Was going to help out, but see that you've already got it covered. If you need one for Fear's Embrace ToM, that's where I'm at. Drop me an invite if you want to run it. I've already got you friended...

Sol1dus

is the base game worth getting just to try out on ps3? I want to dip my toe in and not spend so much money on it since I may buy a ps4 within the next year.

GhaleonEB

sure thing

Thanks, Hawkian. I said fuck it and started the fight solo, once I remembered the adds are actually finite. I don't think I would have made it through the 3rd round if you hadn't shown up, though.

The rest of the strike was pretty fun to solo, really not too bad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks, Hawkian. I said fuck it and started the fight solo, once I remembered the adds are actually finite. I don't think I would have made it through the 3rd round if you hadn't shown up, though.

The rest of the strike was pretty fun to solo, really not too bad.
Yeah I did the same thing, got up to that room and sent out the help signal. It is doable, just can get overwhelming really quick if you happen to be standing in the middle of one of the spawns. Good luck with the rest, ToM is seriously awesome!

GhaleonEB

Yeah I did the same thing, got up to that room and sent out the help signal. It is doable, just can get overwhelming really quick if you happen to be standing in the middle of one of the spawns. Good luck with the rest, ToM is seriously awesome!

I was chatting with a coworker and fellow Destiny player at work today, and he was describing it. I instantly abandoned my quest to find as many fragments as I could solo and busted out a guide (found 22 solo, good enough!). I did the Dreadnaught patrol ones tonight, and will get the rest by the weekend. Looking forward to it.

I also just got my sword infused to 291 (finally, had a dearth of weapon parts until that strike) and immediately abandoned the exotic quest. Exotic swords are something I'll never get due to the Crucible requirements, but I think I'll prefer having the exotic slot left to things like ToM.

SheHateMe

Finally got Tankis cloak.

Still need more stuff, like Jade Rabbit and a higher light helmet, but I've got two games sitting in my backlog that I need to tackle.

I'm taking a mini Destiny break for now; I'll pop in on Xurday to see his wares and buy 3oC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom