• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

Have you ever spammed a lot of material exchanges at the Speaker and listened to all his dialogue? Surprisingly creepy.

"This will help you rise."

"You deserve this Guardian. Take it."

"A powerful tool for a powerful Guardian."

"Be brave."

"Take it."

84784958.jpg

Future

I did all three of my chars solo this week, the no flinch was the problem. Had todo damage in bursts.

Did you kill one at a time or trickle all their health down together? After killing one they fall back a bit and it takes so long to get clean shots. Eventually got tired and jumped and got killed in midair since I forgot about the debuff

PrinceKee

I know this is a long shot since everyone has moved on to TTK. But, does anyone want to help a level 35 newbie warlock knock out Reed and the house of wolves missions? I'm like 176 light I just bought taken king the other week and never played The Dark Below or House of wolves. I really need people that can show me where to get better gear because I have horrible gear all around. I want to get to TTK content and weekly Raids. So if you're on PSN and want to help send me a msg my PSN is PrinceKee...

Kyne

got the Void Flayer Mantle from NF.

then proceeded to get Graviton Forfeit from an exotic engram.

it's a good night.

gonna rag on The First Curse one more time. It sucks. Sorry everyone who's just starting the quest.

Ace of Spades is definitely the best Handcannon in the game right now, and that's for PVE. Hawkmoon is still the best for pvp, but it's still pretty mediocre. What a sad state to be in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know this is a long shot since everyone has moved on to TTK. But, does anyone want to help a level 35 newbie warlock knock out Reed and the house of wolves missions? I'm like 176 light I just bought taken king the other week and never played The Dark Below or House of wolves. I really need people that can show me where to get better gear because I have horrible gear all around. I want to get to TTK content and weekly Raids. So if you're on PSN and want to help send me a msg my PSN is PrinceKee...
I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but you can begin the TTK story missions at level 25

PrinceKee

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but you can begin the TTK story missions at level 25

Yea, I know but my gear sucks and I feel like I'm a liability when playing with friends or other Gaffers. I'm really a newbie I stop playing last year after getting to level 24 I think. I don't know where to get my third subclass (guessing TTK mission). I just finally did vault of glass tonight, but on normal...

Just got my 16th Crest of Alpha Lupi. Last week it was the only exotic engram that dropped for me at a whopping nine in a row and this week it's my fourth in a row.

Why, Bungie, why?

Did you kill one at a time or trickle all their health down together? After killing one they fall back a bit and it takes so long to get clean shots. Eventually got tired and jumped and got killed in midair since I forgot about the debuff

One at a time, I was trying to get the void flayer mantle (Which I finally did!). I would just clear the adds run up with my sword hit him a few times, rinse and repeat.

Kyne

Yea, I know but my gear sucks and I feel like I'm a liability when playing with friends or other Gaffers. I'm really a newbie I stop playing last year after getting to level 24 I think. I don't know where to get my third subclass (guessing TTK mission). I just finally did vault of glass tonight, but on normal...

the only time GAF will care if you're meeting 'gear' requirements is during King's Fall. We're the 1%. We'll carry a little if need be. :p

coy

PS4 user here. The last time I joined a game and tried to chat with someone they couldn't hear me speak. What settings should I be checking? Fireteam chat vs party chat has me confused. I ordered a new mic too just in case.
Fireteam chat = in-game chat with people you are currently grouped
Party chat = PSN chat you joined or were invited to join; may or may not be grouped with
got the Void Flayer Mantle from NF.

then proceeded to get Graviton Forfeit from an exotic engram.

it's a good night.

gonna rag on The First Curse one more time. It sucks. Sorry everyone who's just starting the quest.

Ace of Spades is definitely the best Handcannon in the game right now, and that's for PVE. Hawkmoon is still the best for pvp, but it's still pretty mediocre. What a sad state to be in.
I was so excited to come home and try this out. Even reading the lukewarm reception it, I wanted to see for myself. I'm glad I got grimoire points from it. I'm not sharding it but it definitely will be vaulted while I try other weapons. A shame really. It's disappointing the state of hand cannons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, first thing is, you can't really make meaningful advancements in your gear until you hit level 40, and you hit 40 by doing whatever you want. You can continue to go through the HoW stuff or start on the TTK stuff, it's up to you. You can get the quest to unlock your 3rd subclass after returning to the tower after the first TTK mission (on Phobos).

Thanks to my raid team for trying to help me out. I suck at platforming and apologize I couldn't get through the jumps.
I feel you. I'm terrible at all jumping parts and hate being the runner on the sisters. You just have to find a group with patience and practice plus watch some YouTube videos. If you need to just quit the raid at parts you get stuck on like ship jumping or the Pistons and then use your checkpoint to practice. No pressure when you're doing it solo.

Dalek

Fireteam chat = in-game chat with people you are currently grouped
Party chat = PSN chat you joined or were invited to join; may or may not be grouped with

I was so excited to come home and try this out. Even reading the lukewarm reception it, I wanted to see for myself. I'm glad I got grimoire points from it. I'm not sharding it but it definitely will be vaulted while I try other weapons. A shame really. It's disappointing the state of hand cannons.

Yes but isn't there some kind of setting that prioritized one?

border

What's the best way to get a kill streak for the First Curse bounty? I guess that you need at least 3 headshots in a row for 7 quick kills.

PrinceKee

the only time GAF will care if you're meeting 'gear' requirements is during King's Fall. We're the 1%. We'll carry a little if need be. :p

Well, first thing is, you can't really make meaningful advancements in your gear until you hit level 40, and you hit 40 by doing whatever you want. You can continue to go through the HoW stuff or start on the TTK stuff, it's up to you. You can get the quest to unlock your 3rd subclass after returning to the tower after the first TTK mission (on Phobos).

See I have no idea what I'm doing lol...

So I create a warlock, use the spark to instantly level to 25. Then I decide I don't like the look of my character, big deal, have only done one mission, so I delete and remake a different warlock.

This time nothing at the postmaster. No spark. I have to level from 1. I can't get the stormcallers bond now either.

Bungie must be the most incompetent AAA developer this generation. Just entirely inexcusable how much they botch peoples experience with this game.

Edit: Oh and I've still never gotten my Nightstalkers cloak either. Yea, the shit I paid $20 for is gone.

GutZ31

Yes but isn't there some kind of setting that prioritized one?

There is a setting if you are in a party chat that allows you to keep using ingame chat, or use sony's party chat.
I much rather PSN chat, as the quality is usually much better, and the ability to pick chat audio over game audio is very nice.

Ingame audio settings have come a long way, but they still sound like you are talking over walkie talkie.
So I create a warlock, use the spark to instantly level to 25. Then I decide I don't like the look of my character, big deal, have only done one mission, so I delete and remake a different warlock.

This time nothing at the postmaster. No spark. I have to level from 1. I can't get the stormcallers bond now either.

Bungie must be the most incompetent AAA developer this generation. Just entirely inexcusable how much they botch peoples experience with this game.

Edit: Oh and I've still never gotten my Nightstalkers cloak either. Yea, the shit I paid $20 for is gone.

If you mean the exotic class item, try going to the Kiosk at the vanguard quartermasters to see if it is rebuyable.

I don't know if you deleting a character is the same as bungie fumbling, but I can understand the frustration.

Anyone able to help with the Black Garden strike for ToM? I worked my way to the boss solo, but I don't think I can take it down solo.
If you beat that mission solo I'll give you $50. I went literally 0-100 on it yesterday before someone finally joined and we finally beat it. Took me about 3 hours total.

border

The spark is a one-time use only item. You get it once for one character and that's it. I don't know if that makes Bungie incompetent but it is working as intended.

The spark is a one-time use only item. You get it once for one character and that's it. I don't know if that makes Bungie incompetent but it is working as intended.
It's not working as intended at all. I deleted the character that used it. I then made a new character. That character never got the item.

PrinceKee

Gonna have to side with Hawkian. Right now you should just start TTK quests and go back to the year 1 quests later.

edit: damn GAF... you made me double post.

game is dying i guess.

Okay thanks guys. I'll just start TTK and get to level 40. I just have such sucky gear. No exotics or legendaries. Feel like I'm so behind....

If you mean the exotic class item, try going to the Kiosk at the vanguard quartermasters to see if it is rebuyable.

I don't know if you deleting a character is the same as bungie fumbling, but I can understand the frustration.

It is for my hunter, which I never deleted, yet I never got it from the postmaster either. By the time I have an exotic shard to use to buy it, I won't even need it anymore.

GutZ31

It's not working as intended at all. I deleted the character that used it. I then made a new character. That character never got the item.

The item worked exactly as intended.
It was always advertised as a one time thing.
You got one(1) Spark of Light for buying The Taken King DLC, and are allowed to use it on any of your characters for an instant 25 level jump.
You do not get another one just because you deleted a character that used the item.
The item is a one time use, no refunds, no resuses.

It is for my hunter, which I never deleted, yet I never got it from the postmaster either. By the time I have an exotic shard to use to buy it, I won't even need it anymore.
This is horribly hind sighted of course, but could you not have just put your items in your vault before deleting your character?
You can blame the game for plenty of problems and issues, but this is a pretty unique problem that I have trouble faulting bungie with.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
^I don't understand, was the Stormcaller's Bond on the warlock you deleted?

And the Spark of Light doesn't have anything to do with the CE stuff at all. You just got it for your account as a one-time use item. You deleted a character because you didn't like the way it looked, that doesn't have anything to do with being level 1 versus level 25... unless you're leaving out some part of the story that I don't get, the item absolutely did work as intended.
Okay thanks guys. I'll just start TTK and get to level 40. I just have such sucky gear. No exotics or legendaries. Feel like I'm so behind....
I mean, you literally can't equip any legendaries or exotics until level 40. You'll also be wearing bules for quite a while after that- once you hit 40 you want to focus on equipping stuff with the highest attack/defense
Well that's great. Bungie should clarify better as the in game description says per character, not account.
I have to be perfectly honest with you, this reads pretty clearly to me. It certainly does not say "per character," and does say "one character."

MechDX

So I got the gunsmith to level 5 and he gave me a new quest. Get kills with a hand cannon with primary telemetry active. No sweat! You get like .25% of a kill with each kill....labor through it and completed.

Go to see gunsmith: hey wait until next armsday to move forward. so today was the WOSRT possible day to do it.

Search BING to see what the reward is. First Curse exotic hand cannon! Awesome! Then I read this:

Now the fun begins. You’ll be handed a common field test hand cannon called Imprecation, that will need some infusing. Do so, and then hit the Crucible.

You’ll need to earn Seven Kill Sprees (Any weapon), as well as Seven Precision Kill Sprees which works out to 3 kills where the death-dealing move is a headshot

I am terrible at crucible! Why Bungie are you constantly trying to make me play that mode?

Frenden

Banned
One night of Crucible, a weekly, and a Nightfall and my level 38 Warlock is level 40/298 Light.

I still need to do the TTK story stuff on it, but I can at least raid and do Nightfalls in the meantime.

I hadn't played anything but Titan and Hunter since TTK dropped. I missed my Warlock, farty jump and all.

So I got the gunsmith to level 5 and he gave me a new quest. Get kills with a hand cannon with primary telemetry active. No sweat! You get like .25% of a kill with each kill....labor through it and completed.

Go to see gunsmith: hey wait until next armsday to move forward. so today was the WOSRT possible day to do it.

Search BING to see what the reward is. First Curse exotic hand cannon! Awesome! Then I read this:

I am terrible at crucible! Why Bungie are you constantly trying to make me play that mode?

Only part you need to do in the Cruicble is 7 headshot kills with it in a match, the spree is 7 kills in rapid succession, which can be done easily in PvE.

Kyne

it's all good man.

after you get that done you'll get the chance to take a break from the quest.. a 7 day break.

then you'll be rewarded with the worst exotic in the game.

it's all good man.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just got a 310 alpha lupi from an engram... for titan. my first one ever.

I now have acquired every year 1 exotic. hope my cough will let me sleep now

Ji66a-Man

it's all good man.

after you get that done you'll get the chance to take a break from the quest.. a 7 day break.

then you'll be rewarded with the worst exotic in the game.

it's all good man.

Sorry, the award for worst exotic in the game still belongs to Dreg's Promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom