• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone found anything hidden in today's Daily Heroic mission?

Anyone killed all the ads in the Crystal section before being teleported?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just read this on Destiny Reddit:

Time Gating content isn't the problem, it's the tiny windows it's available for that is.

This resonated particularly well with me.
I haven't had the time (still don't) to play TTK as much as I used to play vanilla and I missed out on all time gated content in the last couple of weeks. :(

Your thoughts on Bungie's approach to this?
I think its a way for them to extend the content without much effort in doing so.
Not sure if it's good or bad, perhaps a bit of both.

Gordon

Time Gating content isn't the problem, it's the tiny windows it's available for that is.

I haven't had the time (still don't) to play TTK as much as I used to play vanilla and I missed out on all time gated content in the last couple of weeks. :(

Well if they're going to gate it, it would be nice if that was somehow communicated to the player in advance lol

The time windows are a bit crazy. Fortunately I've lucked in with both the sleeper simulant and no time to explain becoming active whilst I have been on days off from work and having no other real life duties to sort out. I have plenty of clan mates who have not been as lucky.

Black spindle however took me till post light level patch to get as I was never free on the days it was available

GorillaJu

I know this is a long shot but is anyone here interested in doing some POE? The lvl 34 version has 3 ultras in it, so 3 chances for 3oC drops.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The time windows are a bit crazy. Fortunately I've lucked in with both the sleeper simulant and no time to explain becoming active whilst I have been on days off from work and having no other real life duties to sort out. I have plenty of clan mates who have not been as lucky.

Black spindle however took me till post light level patch to get as I was never free on the days it was available
Probably would be better if the timegated stuff had a week or few days each and not one day a random given week.

I finally got the tlaloc and now I need to fully upgrade it to 310.

How can I do that?
Just infusing. Only luck I've had is getging other exotics poping ag 310 and using those on my main gear.
Been as though all i get is gloves all my chars have 310 legendary gloves and exotic gloves..

Ffs bungie fix this please :( gloves. Every godamn time, i wish i got alpha lupis ffs at least all my chests would be 310 :(

Edit: how come when ever clothes drop it is always 310 for gear i have that is 310 but when guns drop and my guns are say 305 they are always 305/306
Same goes for my boots as i can not get them past 298, all exotic boots "if" i get them are 290 never 310.
I thought i was based on your overall light level but I'm starting to think it is based on the light level of that equpied section..

Yeah the days go by very quickly and i've never had time to properly give Black Spindle a try. That mission especially should be available on a Sunday or something to have time to grind it out.

These mystery quests are a great idea and it's always fun to see a new quest pop up just as we thought we've done all there is to do in Destiny again. They shouldn't be daily missions though. Just have the quests pop up in our map for like a week at a time?

the_id

Just infusing. Only luck I've had is getging other exotics poping ag 310 and using those on my main gear.
Been as though all i get is gloves all my chars have 310 legendary gloves and exotic gloves..

Ffs bungie fix this please :( gloves. Every godamn time, i wish i got alpha lupis ffs at least all my chests would be 310 :(

Edit: how come when ever clothes drop it is always 310 for gear i have that is 310 but when guns drop and my guns are say 305 they are always 305/306
Same goes for my boots as i can not get them past 298, all exotic boots "if" i get them are 290 never 310.
I thought i was based on your overall light level but I'm starting to think it is based on the light level of that equpied section..

I guess at this point, doing the raid is my only choice of getting a 300+ drop

We are waiting for the HM raid come Friday.
True

The halo hype is real.
Mixed with the fact there's really not all that much to do in the game.
HM is the only upcoming 'new' endgame
Alo.. meh, it's still 343i :(
Happens once a month. It'l be worse next month though with Fallout, Battlefront, etc.
Fallout 4 will hopefully tear me away.. hopefully.

I know I'm a bit burnt out with it, I should imagine most (like me) are waiting for HM to drop then Trials to roll back around.
Not a fan of trials, but i will jump on it.. maybe.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So if you're anywhere that's dark enough your ghost would come out as a flashlight and you're reloading a shotgun try popping your ghost out for the menu while reloading. You hold the shotgun out in front of you frozen in place on its side while the game has a slight heart attack figuring out what to do.

I immediately imagined going up to my friends/fireteam like this next chance I get...

"You talking to me? Shotgun in your face! Lookatit."

Don't walk into the light tho. Your 310 intimidation machine goes back to normal.

I don't know, sounds like 343 finally nailed the halo feel.
Just playing the old games in MCC has been fantastic so far.
Yeah 343 made a really good trilogy..
MCC was a mess :( MP wise and achievement wise, i bought a xbox one for it, and swapped it for the same reason. (Second ps4, best thing i ever did)
They have only made 1 game so far and personally i thought it was a joke.
Edit: i really hope it's good.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah 343 made a really good trilogy..
MCC was a mess :( MP wise and achievement wise, i bought a xbox one for it, and swapped it for the same reason. (Second ps4, best thing i ever did)
They have only made 1 game so far and personally i thought it was a joke.
Time will tell about the new one, but so far I have yet to encounter any bugs in MCC, although I've only completed CE

I think its a way for them to extend the content without much effort in doing so.
Not sure if it's good or bad, perhaps a bit of both.

Definitely a bad thing. Right now, Sleeper Stimulant will probably show up a week before Iron Banner, once a month. No Time to explain? Fuck if I know.

Zocano

Dreg's Promise could have been an amazing fun weapon but they can't make homing reflecting bullets for shit. Basically coulda been Zhalo.

Also can anyone help me out with the nightfall?

PSN is Zocano

Tecnniqe

Banned
Dreg's Promise could have been an amazing fun weapon but they can't make homing reflecting bullets for shit. Basically coulda been Zhalo.

Also can anyone help me out with the nightfall?

PSN is Zocano
They just need to make a sidearm needler.
Imagine that.

Ooooo sweet pink explosions

Bradach

I got the solar and void exotic swords last night. Good times.

Sword rushing enemies is a powerful tactic. Even enemies that have a stamp / slam attack are still vulnerable if you just give them one power hit / jump back / one power hit / jump back.

Ultras melt too, especially if the shield matches the sword but even if not they still go down fast.

I'm really looking forward to the next NF with burns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom