• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
A different match making that takes wins into account along with connection (instead of just connection) and bounties that allow scrub teams like mine a chance to slowly earn gear over time. We won't know how either plays out until we get hands on time.
Connections was a factor last time?
But all the red bars?

Have they made any changes?

Aside from the loot, I think they changed matchmaking so that you match up against teams that are at the same point as you on their ticket. I don't know if this will still be a thing, I haven't followed the news around Trials too much tbh. But my remark was actually more referring to the new meta. I always enjoyed sniping and then engage into a close combat situation with TLW. I guess there will be a lot of long distance engagement now almost everyone is using a pulse rifle. And then ofcourse we have the Sunbreakers. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to see how this all will play out.

Everyone using pulse rifles, sitting back. Won't be as fun as trials, Farmville edition.

Trials: The Farmville Edition was great yes. But yeah I expect long distance fights that might take for ever. Also expecting to lead with 3-2 and get rekt 3 rounds in a row by Sunbreakers. We'll see in time :)

Aside from the loot, I think they changed matchmaking so that you match up against teams that are at the same point as you on their ticket. I don't know if this will still be a thing, I haven't followed the news around Trials too much tbh. But my remark was actually more referring to the new meta. I always enjoyed sniping and then engage into a close combat situation with TLW. I guess there will be a lot of long distance engagement now almost everyone is using a pulse rifle. And then ofcourse we have the Sunbreakers. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to see how this all will play out.

Trials: The Farmville Edition was great yes. But yeah I expect long distance fights that might take for ever. Also expecting to lead with 3-2 and get rekt 3 rounds in a row by Sunbreakers. We'll see in time :)

hmm yeah but TLW is still awesome, my stats are better than ever in PVP thanks to the pulse rifle craze. if you get close they are dead. just need to change plan, sneak around and get in close for the kill with the TLW. Guess we will see what happens in Trials. Sunbreakers yes...that will be fun....

Jinjo

Trials brought out the best in me, but we'll have to see if the new Trials will be as fun and enjoyable as the last one.

I still have some fun memories about playing Trials with you and Tears (especially our first run together). Good times. Definitely the best PvP experience, maybe even one of the best experiences in Destiny for me.

Trakan

Just read this on Destiny Reddit:

Time Gating content isn't the problem, it's the tiny windows it's available for that is.

This resonated particularly well with me.
I haven't had the time (still don't) to play TTK as much as I used to play vanilla and I missed out on all time gated content in the last couple of weeks. :(

Your thoughts on Bungie's approach to this?

It won't be a popular opinion, but I prefer pure RNG to any quest system. I'm fine with a couple of weapons being through quests, like maybe the class specific ones, but I don't like getting all the exotics so fast. I do think they need to find the balance between a month and the year it took me to get a Monte Carlo, but other than that I'm not really a fan of how it's done now. I don't like the quests involved in getting the items and I think the whole flip a switch idea is just their shitty way of prolonging playtime.

That being said a lot of the new exotics are pretty underwhelming IMO so maybe that's why they're just giving them away.

Connections was a factor last time?
But all the red bars?

Not sure^^ It was supposed to prioritize connection speed over skill level, which is why match 9 could be just as easy (or easier) than match one, but individual experience would vary. We were always steamrolled pretty bad by Japanese teams (we share a time zone and fairly comparable internet infrastructure, so it makes sense). But I may be fringe case, as Iron Banner lag is a non issue as well, and that seems to be atypical.

It won't be a popular opinion, but I prefer pure RNG to any quest system. I'm fine with a couple of weapons being through quests, like maybe the class specific ones, but I don't like getting all the exotics so fast. I do think they need to find the balance between a month and the year it took me to get a Monte Carlo, but other than that I'm not really a fan of how it's done now. I don't like the quests involved in getting the items and I think the whole flip a switch idea is just their shitty way of prolonging playtime.

That being said a lot of the new exotics are pretty underwhelming IMO so maybe that's why they're just giving them away.

There is room for both. There is definitely room for both. HOWEVER! Destiny doesn't have the amount of exotics to make both work. It's like what, 2 heavy engram obtainable exotics, about 6 primary weapon exotic obtainable through engrams, etc. etc....

They need to bring forward more Year 1 exotics, no reason to keep them locked behind. Except Gjallahorn.

Ikkarus

I still have some fun memories about playing Trials with you and Tears (especially our first run together). Good times. Definitely the best PvP experience, maybe even one of the best experiences in Destiny for me.
Those Dutch destroyers are great to roll in Trials with. However, the matches are also super intense as you have to ensure you don't pull a donut and end up on the hall of donuts like so many people have before!

It doesn't help either that Tears likes to get up close with a shotgun and EJ prefers to snipe which leaves you in the middle ground.

The icing on the cake though is both of them are awesome people and have made my playing experience all the more better with Destiny! I doth my cap to you both.

Those Dutch destroyers are great to roll in Trials with. However, the matches are also super intense as you have to ensure you don't pull a donut and end up on the hall of donuts like so many people have before!

It doesn't help either that Tears likes to get up close with a shotgun and EJ prefers to snipe which leaves you in the middle ground.

The icing on the cake though is both of them are awesome people and have made my playing experience all the more better with Destiny! I doth my cap to you both.

Hey, even EJ himself is in the donut hall of fame, no shame there!
I'm lying, I laugh at every sucker in that hall!

On the one hand I'm also excited for Trials, on the other hand... Shotgun nerf makes them unreliable and there's no using handcannons anymore either. I'm guessing my hyper-aggressive style will be of no use, which kinda sucks the fun out for me.

And its all of the SoM peeps that have made this game so enjoyable man, we can't take all the credit! I would've long stopped playing if it wasn't for you guys.

Lol thanks Ikkarus! It's not only the two of us though. Trials has brought many of the members including yourself to the clan which pretty much evolved into that fun little group we have now. Every one of them with different abilities, be it in PvP, PvE or in finding the most stupid ways to kill yourself. It is pretty much guaranteed that you won't have to do stuff solo. GAF and Trials certainly had a hand in that. Trials was awesome, to see people progress in getting better and reaching Mercury with or without us. I really hope that the new Trials can bring that feeling back.

Edit - I'm a proud donut.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Morning Gaf, Two of my PSN pals and I would like to try the new raid but are having trouble getting a team together. Our light levels are 295, 281 + 295 and have some good weapons between us. Is there anyone on Gaf in a similar situation who would like to learn the new raid together or someone who has room on an expired team looking for three willing participants to raid with? Ideally we would like to start tomorrow at about 9pm GMT.
Many thanks in advance.

Gong

Got to admit I never thought I'd ever get the chance to play Trials properly as my old group was disintegrating at the time and I was in that limbo state of not having a regular group to play with. Purely by being in the right place at the right time I was invited into a game with Tears and Gaz (come back North mate, we miss you) which in turn led me to joining one of the best clans I've ever been part of.

When you find yourself stinking the place out in a round and the only thing you can think of is to get a kill so you don't pull a donut while everyone else is laughing at your struggle, or running a Navvaro death counter in a Raid/NF (usually starts in the first 2 minutes), you know you've joined a good group of folks.

Thank you SoM, I enjoy Destiny more because of you guys :)

what's new guardians?

any news on hard mode double drops, light level, etc?

tried to play dailies on mobile internet at my parent's house, so laggy :(

also my mom was watching my play and little while later i heard her humming the orbit theme :p

Lnkn52

what's new guardians?

also my mom was watching my play and little while later i heard her humming the orbit theme :p
Probably today's weekly we will find out more about hard mode.

Cade

Damn I got a Suros DIS-47 Scout with Hand-laid Stock AND Rodeo AND Fitted Stock. It has almost ZERO recoil on it and it fires fast as fuck. It's insane. Finally leveled it up to all the perks and it's nuuuuts.

Zoidberg

Oh god it is almost Friday D: Where has the week gone. Hopefully they give us some good teasers before we go in. Likely just normal DeeJspeak though.

So a whole lot of information about hard mode that is either backtracked within an hour or just straight up misleading?

Deejspeak™

Zocano

But really tho I'd like a group for hard mode as early as possible on friday. I suppose I should spend time getting people together today instead of just checking in once every 12 hours. We'll see. Will plan. I demand the Worm's head.

I imagine most people's frustrations with hand cannons will be remedied when (if) they adjust the accuracy so that you actually hit where you aim. Pretty sure that's the common consensus on displeasure with hand cannons now, right? I feel like they should tone down damage across the board, though, and reduce mob numbers. But that is super wishful thinking.

I imagine that sort of change will be present in Destiny 2 and not incremental changes.

noomi

Going to sleep a bit longer tomorrow (no reset xur shopping). This way I'll be able to stay up all night with my crew and finish hard mode.

Will need coffee, lots and lots of coffee

what's new guardians?

The music is pretty great though so that is understandable.

How was your flight btw, get there alright?

"giving them away"
holy danggggg

is this for real? am i the only person on gaf who still has like 20 quests to sift through?

i WIIIIISSSHHHHHH they were giving them away and I WIIIIISSSSSHHH the one's I had WERE underwhelming so I wouldn't want all of them

aaa this post is wild, man

Loving the new nightfall drops, i got a 306 Hawksaw last night that has the perks that can give it perfect stability and rangefinder.

Might actually stand a chance in trials this time :)

BahamutPT

Which Flayer power can generate a Killed by the Architects?
I'm not rocketing myself by mistake or falling, and they can't push me against something like the Taken Phalanxes...

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone got the Fatal Vision ship?
The kiosk says it's a "taken King quest reward"...
... I've done just about every quest except the Crucible ones...

Timegated ship!

Also one of the emblems is listed as TTK Quest Reward but in order to get it you need to use 2 consoles on patrol at the same time and kill an Ultra, its not a "Quest".

noomi

Really anxious to get those last 3 calcified fragments, hopefully once hard mode hits they will be available.

Anyone got the Fatal Vision ship?
The kiosk says it's a "taken King quest reward"...
... I've done just about every quest except the Crucible ones...

I think this will be a hard mode reward. I bet upon logging in when hard mode hits there will be a new quest line that will lead to a ship/shader/emblem.

Either that or after you beat Oryx on hard these items will potentially drop for you.

Zocano

Really anxious to get those last 3 calcified fragments, hopefully once hard mode hits they will be available.

I think this will be a hard mode reward. I bet upon logging in when hard mode hits there will be a new quest line that will lead to a ship/shader/emblem.

Either that or after you beat Oryx on hard these items will potentially drop for you.

The last three fragments are almost assuredly in hard mode. I imagine that fully completes the old hunger quest and I imagine that gets us fatal vision. Then there's also the actual raid ship which will most likely be a standard drop.

BraXzy

Has gaf inally got tired of destiny? It seems too have died the past few days..

I know I'm a bit burnt out with it, I should imagine most (like me) are waiting for HM to drop then Trials to roll back around.

Yeah I'm getting a bit burnt out myself. I mean, I've played a few hundred hours of TTK maybe at this point so I've had my moneys worth but I'm really scraping the barrel now for things to do.

All the exotics I don't have but want are either too grindy, or stuck behind RNGesus. The raid hasnt been all too kind with its drops and I just don't find crucible fun at the minute. Will have a good go of hard mode and then probably take a leave of absence when Halo 5 comes out. It's been fun though.

Zocano

Yeah I'm getting a bit burnt out myself. I mean, I've played a few hundred hours of TTK maybe at this point so I've had my moneys worth but I'm really scraping the barrel now for things to do.

All the exotics I don't have but want are either too grindy, or stuck behind RNGesus. The raid hasnt been all too kind with its drops and I just don't find crucible fun at the minute. Will have a good go of hard mode and then probably take a leave of absence when Halo 5 comes out. It's been fun though.

Standard mmo cycle anyway. There isn't infinite content and infinite progression and most of us here eat through the content pretty quickly.

Deku Tree

You can wait for RNG to give you a max power exotic though.

BraXzy

Standard mmo cycle anyway. There isn't infinite content and infinite progression and most of us here eat through the content pretty quickly.

Yeah its the natural way of things in a game like this, it happened after a couple months of Vanilla too.

I noticed it'd happened because my buddy has barely been on and when he is we don't really know what to do at this point and I was like hmm yeah we've done pretty much everything xD

But still, hard mode will be a lotta fun hopefully as a send off till the next DLC or whatever.

AngerdX

Well i really am wondering how the hell they thought to keep ppl playing, hit halfway thru 299 light and ran into a brickwall no progress at all the last 1-2 days, think i managed to up 1 light in that time, sucks the fun right out of it, grinding engrams is just meh as almost all you get is sidegrade or downright worse than what you got.

Sorry for the minirant just getting frutrated with it atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom