• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamingKaiju

So I have a 310 Obisdian Mind and I went to infuse it into the devoring maw and it wont let me!? it just says thier is nothing to infuse..

Anyone have any idea's why it won't?

Trials brought out the best in me, but we'll have to see if the new Trials will be as fun and enjoyable as the last one.

I've never liked the regular Elimination playlist relative to Trials but the handful of matches I've done recently haven't been much fun. Sometimes I forget how campy and boring the game mode can get. Especially now with all the ridiculous aim assist snipers like Defiance of Yasmin (69 AA), Shortgaze 1kYS (71 AA), and Hereafter (80 AA).

It's just too easy to get headshots which means you can't challenge lanes much which slows down rounds even more. Just wait until the new Iron Banner sniper drops. It has super low impact (Eye of Sol tier) but can have aim assist as high as 94 (!) with the right scope, plus Hidden Hand on top of that.

GamingKaiju

Are you clicking on the low item or the high item to infuse? You want to go to the infuse menu of the lower LL item, not the higher one.

No it just says there is nothing to infuse it with.

I just relaized that it doesn't even bring up my current helmet which is at 310..Strange.

ethomaz

Banned
Little story here.

I never did the Ghost thing before Tuesday.

I just have luck to enter in a friend daily mission and he was at the boss in the Paradox, helped him kill and got the chest with the Cult Ghost without get the previous Ghosts lol.

In my head the Paradox boss was that one... not a hidden secret lol

That is how I was able to get the No Time To Explain.

Lnkn52

I've never liked the regular Elimination playlist relative to Trials but the handful of matches I've done recently haven't been much fun. Sometimes I forget how campy and boring the game mode can get. Especially now with all the ridiculous aim assist snipers like Defiance of Yasmin (69 AA), Shortgaze 1kYS (71 AA), and Hereafter (80 AA).

It's just too easy to get headshots which means you can't challenge lanes much which slows down rounds even more. Just wait until the new Iron Banner sniper drops. It has super low impact (Eye of Sol tier) but can have aim assist as high as 94 (!) with the right scope, plus Hidden Hand on top of that.
Aim assist of 94? Why even play the game. Have a bot play for you.

Cade

Guys, does the First Curse's buff stay if you use the Sealed Ahamkara Grasps and get the Melee Refills Primary perk to proc? If so, that could be fun.

Seriously, damn what an aim assist. Although I prefer the revive snipe (as everyone here I guess who plays Trials seriously). Yeah I'm afraid every round will be dragged out with people sitting in the back hardscoping or playing tag with pulse rifles. Personally, I don't have that much fun anymore in PvP.

Well i really am wondering how the hell they thought to keep ppl playing, hit halfway thru 299 light and ran into a brickwall no progress at all the last 1-2 days, think i managed to up 1 light in that time, sucks the fun right out of it, grinding engrams is just meh as almost all you get is sidegrade or downright worse than what you got.

Sorry for the minirant just getting frutrated with it atm
You basically have to raid or get lucky with Nightfall plus do all quests (310 sword + 300 artifact quests). I was in that exact position for almost 3 weeks until I finally finished the raid and went from 299 to 303. Yeah it's super frustrating though. Just keep at it.

neoism

Just read this on Destiny Reddit:

Time Gating content isn't the problem, it's the tiny windows it's available for that is.

This resonated particularly well with me.
I haven't had the time (still don't) to play TTK as much as I used to play vanilla and I missed out on all time gated content in the last couple of weeks. :(

Your thoughts on Bungie's approach to this?
meh both are a problem I would rather things be really really, hidden. I mean even though stuff is really hard to fined, communities still fined it pretty quickly, but still they could hide it better, because time gated stuff just really means that there isnt enough content in the game to keep poeple playing so they have to trickling it out little by little. Its just realllllllllly annoying to get a reward for doing a hard quest and all that reward is, is to wait a week to do more quests...-_-

Just wanted to post to moan really - i did the paradox mission last time...but didn't turn the ghost in as I was worried a future quest might bug out and open up later in time where you *then* had to hand it in....

Imagine my annoyance when the quest appears but actually you had to hand the ghost in before the quest to hand it in existed!

I solo'd the whole thing except the final boss when I enlisted a couple of mates to help...they turned in their ghosts and I did not... :-(

Anyway it doesn't matter at all in the scheme of things, and it was an awesome secret inside the daily mission, which really exposes the lore of VoG, and rekindles some nostalgia for Y1 players.

I shall look forward to my NTTE at weekly reset and/or the next daily mission!

GamingKaiju

Thanks for the help guys.

I had signed out of XBL and hard reset my box and I can infuse it now.. What a wierd little bug that was lol

Thanks guys :)

Looking for some serious tips on the Crucible portion of The First Curse quest with Imprecation. Anyone?

Grab a friend and head into Rumble. Have him feed you 7 precision kills one match then return the favor next game. Generally I don't condone or encourage boosting but tbh I think it's okay for a game or two given these silly quest lines. Besides you aren't really helping each other win, most likely the opposite by giving easy kills to other people who are playing for real.

If you don't want to boost then I'd recommend classic 6v6 or Rift. Objective modes and 6v6 modes are good since there's more stuff going on to distract enemies for easy kills. The only problem with Rift is that teams get huge points for dunking which can lead to Mercy games or just fewer kills per game overall.

Seriously, damn what an aim assist. Although I prefer the revive snipe (as everyone here I guess who plays Trials seriously). Yeah I'm afraid every round will be dragged out with people sitting in the back hardscoping or playing tag with pulse rifles. Personally, I don't have that much fun anymore in PvP.

Yeah. This is the issue I am having now. Playing tag with pulse rifles. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy my Hawksaw and Red Death, but the new meta forces people to play more distance/run away engagements than before. With the holy trinity of HCs your could be aggressive and be successful.

noomi

Hmmm...a reddit thread I just read brought up an interesting idea.

What do you guys think about using the No Time to Explain in the raid. Specifically for the Warpriest and Golgoroth fights. If you are able to get constant precision hits you would never run out of ammo.

The Black Hammer is great for both these fights, but you run out of ammo fairly quickly.

Thoughts?

Deku Tree

What do you guys think about using the No Time to Explain in the raid. Specifically for the Warpriest and Golgoroth fights. If you are able to get constant precision hits you would never run out of ammo.

The Black Hammer is great for both these fights, but you run out of ammo fairly quickly.

Thoughts?

BH is gonna be much better. I imagine the BH DPS is easily much higher. And you don't run out of ammo on a single cycle, except until the very end and only if you don't have extra sniper ammo armor. Even if you do run out of ammo the total damage I think would be a lot higher with BH if you hit most of your crits.

Time to Explain is probably better for players who miss a lot of BH crits though. Easier to crit most of the time with a primary.

Waiting for someone on Reddit to do a detailed test though.

GlamFM

Banned

Thoughts?

Pretty sure you still get more DPS with the hammer.

GamingKaiju

Thoughts?

NTTE at 290 in NM? Yeh that could work depends on your damage output.. NTTE at 290 in HM forget about it.

PuMa

Thoughts?

It's a viable option, but I think overall you'll do less damage than BH.

Arekkz tried it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3fklaRE0LE

NTTE at 290 in NM? Yeh that could work depends on your damage output.. NTTE at 290 in HM forget about it.

Well, you can upgrade it to higher than 280...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Thoughts?

Still wouldn't touch the hammer imo. Besides, you could already have unlimited ammo with the Jade Rabbit.

Thoughts?

I'd imagine there would me a major lack of DPS compared to using Spindles. By the time I've used all my ammo(with extra sniper ammo armour) it's almost time for the oculus anyway and the adds are usually generous enough to give give you your ammo back.

It would need testing but that's what I think would happen.

Ghazi

Has everyone seen that new item manager for iPad and soon to be iPhone and Android called Ishtar Commander? It's really, really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom