• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

Torn about if I should spec Sunsinger + Fireborn into a blind hard mode KF run tomorrow.

I don't normally run Fireborn since I see it more useless than useful.

bitsurugi

Flayer Mantle farming time!? You mentioned Treads Upon Stars and reminded me that would be a nice consolation prize as well if I could get one with the perks I want.

I was going to wait to do Nightfall until after HM came out just in case the stuff that could drop got bumped up to 320 Light, but I think everyone will be busy with HM around that time, so no one will want to Nightfall. Might as well get it done now.

That's great.

Also this week's nightfall is guardian friendly with those modifiers, we were consistantly clearing the NF at 8-10 mins per run, even 2-man only.

Also the drop rate is really high, some runs we had 2 mantles to drop on the same run (ofc, none for me :D).

EDIT: logging now, PSN bitsurugi

Let's farm!

what's new guardians?

any news on hard mode double drops, light level, etc?

tried to play dailies on mobile internet at my parent's house, so laggy :(

also my mom was watching my play and little while later i heard her humming the orbit theme :p

Yo Rufus! Glad you arrived safely. While we won't know for sure until running it, Bungie has said that normal and hard have separate loot tables and that running hard first will give you the rewards from both normal and hard. Sounds like no double hard drops and that running normal before hard won't cost you any loot chances.

The only caveat is that Bungie tweeted the following link in response to all the questions about HM drops. The link is supposed to describe how loot drops work for Raids in general (also NFalls, Weekly Heroics and PoE), but we know VoG and CE didn't actually function the way they're describing. HM VoG's table included all NM and HM drops then pulled two from that so you could get two Found Verdicts (NM), two Fate Bringers (HM) or one of each. CE had separate gear in the NM and HM tables and doing HM first would lock you out of the NM loot (secondary and heavy weapons).

So we'll see tomorrow! I ended up raiding NM on both alts yesterday just to help some friends out but I'm preserving my Titan just in case. Here's the link:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12287

Lnkn52

SoMs + Doughnuts = Meh

sick.gif

Nuszka

Quick question about the Paradox ghost quest ...
I only got the ghost this week... Am I supposed to wait the next Paradox dailly to continue the quest?

Turn it in before the quest gets available. I had 2 one was turned in the other sitting in my inventory, second did not prompt anything yet.

lt519

Torn about if I should spec Sunsinger + Fireborn into a blind hard mode KF run tomorrow.

I don't normally run Fireborn since I see it more useless than useful.

Could be pretty huge without the revives and if you have tlaloc running with a full super will be pretty powerful. I'd probably opt for that if I were running my warlock. I'm going to run my Nighthawk Gunslinger for those quick Yellow Bar kills, the orbs on Heavy kills, and the high DPS on Oryx staggering. May run Nightstalker for Golgoroth though.

You just know during the Totems the wizards and knights will be yellows. During sisters snipers will be yellows, etc. Yellows everywhere.

Kyne

so now the list in my head is:

nerf AA on snipers
slightly buff handcannons
nerf OVERALL shotgun range
slightly nerf sunbreaker armor (give it the same as bladedancer)
slightly nerf the time duration for supers on sunbreaker/stormcaller
ever-so-slightly buff auto rifles (still not viable with the pulse meta)

sorry, I can't think of anything that will make fusion rifles/sidearms viable.

Rubenov

nerf AA on snipers

This is a good list, agree on all points.

Could be pretty huge without the revives and if you have tlaloc running with a full super will be pretty powerful. I'd probably opt for that if I were running my warlock. I'm going to run my Nighthawk Gunslinger for those quick Yellow Bar kills, the orbs on Heavy kills, and the high DPS on Oryx staggering. May run Nightstalker for Golgoroth though.

You just know during the Totems the wizards and knights will be yellows. During sisters snipers will be yellows, etc. Yellows everywhere.

The knight/wizards on Totems are going to cause a world of pain, I constantly run out of ammo on as is

flkraven

There is literally no 'must have' weapons for PvE anymore. Just weapon types: ie. Sniper rifle, machine gun, etc. Sure I have black spindle, but I do more than enough damage on the bosses with my 308 1K stare that I don't notice the difference. NTTE is neat, but I don't really know when/why I would use it as my exotic.

flkraven

There is literally no 'must have' weapons for PvE anymore. Just weapon types: ie. Sniper rifle, machine gun, etc. Sure I have black spindle, but I do more than enough damage on the bosses with my 308 1K stare that I don't notice the difference. NTTE is neat, but I don't really know when/why I would use it as my exotic.

To add to this, the only one that I would even slot in as preferable would be Malice vs Daughters/Oryx, but even then it's not essential or necessary.

SpecX

nerf AA on snipers

Stormcaller definitely needs this. Can't believe how long that super goes and I feel once cast, the player can cross the entire map before it runs out.

Kyne

it's safe to say that ToM might be "must have" for HM.

we'll see though :eek:

purg3

slept with Malkin

nerf AA on snipers

Very reasonable, but I would go as far as completely removing rangefinder on shotguns as well. Has no business being an available perk for that weapon type.

Did people actually compile statistical evidence of this?

I don't care about the Cloak, but I guess I will farm the Darkblade NF whenever it comes back for the Darkblade Helm if this is really true.

I jumped into a nf with macello and pewpew and the void cloak dropped for each of us

void666

Banned

nerf AA on snipers

Nerf shotgun impact agains guardians so no shotgun is a OHK to the body.
Aim to the head, shoot twice, double tap. I think this would give fusion rifle/sidearms users a small chance to fight back.

noomi

Did people actually compile statistical evidence of this?

I don't care about the Cloak, but I guess I will farm the Darkblade NF whenever it comes back for the Darkblade Helm if this is really true.

Well not statistical evidence, but I ran dust palace from the director & heroic strikes playlist over 15 times and hadn't had a single cloak drop.

Yesterday from the nightfall, I had 3 drop in probably 6 or 7 runs.

Deku Tree

Well not statistical evidence, but I ran dust palace from the director & heroic strikes playlist over 15 times and hadn't had a single cloak drop.

Yesterday from the nightfall, I had 3 drop in probably 6 or 7 runs.

OMG plz bring back the Darkblade NF soon Bungie!

Nerf shotgun impact agains guardians so no shotgun is a OHK to the body.
Aim to the head, shoot twice, double tap. I think this would give fusion rifle/sidearms users a small chance to fight back.
Yep. It's odd that Shotguns have been OP for as long as they have. They had it right in Halo. Unless if you guys are a foot apart, it's two hit kill.

Only now it's something should be given attention since everyone can carry a shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom