• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

Nerf shotgun impact agains guardians so no shotgun is a OHK to the body.
Aim to the head, shoot twice, double tap. I think this would give fusion rifle/sidearms users a small chance to fight back.

I think that if someone walked up to you with a shotgun and shot you (more or less) point blank, you should probably die.

The meta is already too "hang back and pewpew" for it to be completely nerfed. Aggressive players should be rewarded for their bravery.

Ships jumping puzzle will have a yellow bar taken captain and a yellow bar taken phalanx spawn on every ship.

this would actually be very cool tbh.

IMHO sunsinger will only be useful in places where add's can kill you rather than doxology and mechanics...

So a guess would be:-

Opening door - slightly useful but add clearance of stormcaller might be better
Warpriest door - pretty useful for knights and wizards, but it depends on what happens to the buffs if you have them when you die
Warpriest - pretty useful for add's

Golgoroth - may be as a clutch self-res against an accidental thrall

Sisters and Oryx - not much use unless you are the floater and so can't impact the mechanics of the fight too much.

E92 M3

I don't think Bungie is just going to place ultras everywhere - that didn't go over too well with hard Crota. Also, they said they want the encounter to be challenging via more interesting methods.

Deku Tree

Hopefully the Darkblade NF is back next week.... Then I'm gonna grind it untill I get that Darkblade helm with a health regen or shield regen orb perk.

EL CUCO

Hey don't question my personality. You don't see bragging to Cuco when I get a 309 Ghost.

I don't brag a lot either... Particularly about my 310 ghost.
aUYcERg.jpg

Torn about if I should spec Sunsinger + Fireborn into a blind hard mode KF run tomorrow.

I don't normally run Fireborn since I see it more useless than useful.

Fireborn gets a bad rap. It's always useful in the early days of Hard raids when we're under-leveled and can't revive. I'd definitely run it in most encounters- namely Totems, Warpriest, and Oryx. Daughters is debatable but still probably a good idea unless you're smart about popping Radiant Skin on time to tank some damage that might've killed you.

NM KF has a few key mechanics to limit its usefulness. You can't die and self-res while holding a sync plate during Daughters-Oryx or else the platforms will disappear in that split second. However, dying any other time without self-res would be a big problem since it might wipe an otherwise good run. Golgoroth is the biggest one, especially for gaze holders who absolutely positively cannot die under any circumstances. Radiant Skin is crucial here. Then there's the Tablet of Ruin which I expect to get some new complication in HM.

People hate on it but self-res is excellent for serious PvE. Keep in mind that unless we get great drops along the way, the damage scaling penalty will be severe at Oryx. Similar to being one level down during Year 1. And that's just based on Light level, there may be additional penalties for the Heroic modifier and/or more Major enemies ala HM CE.

Deku Tree

If the last three calcified fragments are in HM KF then hopefully it has new areas to explore.... Just putting them in the same area seems kind of boring.

I wonder if Oryx will have a "final hard mode form" that we haven't seen yet? Fight oryx in the shadow realm?

Would be also cool to get an exotic HM KF taken sword from Oryx!

Saint9806

Hopefully the Darkblade NF is back next week.... Then I'm gonna grind it untill I get that Darkblade helm with a health regen or shield regen orb perk.

I have the Darkblade helm sitting in my vault and I've never really looked at it. Think I will pull it out today. :)

If the last three calcified fragments are in HM KF then hopefully it has new areas to explore.... Just putting them in the same area seems kind of boring.

I wonder if Oryx will have a "final hard mode" form that we haven't seen yet? Fight oryx in the shadow realm?

That's what i'm thinking (or rather hoping for). Three new fragments for three new small areas. Be that more platforming, add killing or an additional boss/boss stage... i'm down!

Kyne

I got one.

On the ship jumping puzzle you grab an aura at the start (think pre-Warpriest fight) and every 20 seconds it changes owners. You need to get the aura to the other side of the map to be allowed to proceed forward..

Homeboyd

I wonder if Oryx will have a "final hard mode form"that we haven't seen yet? Fight oryx in the shadow realm?

I still think they will be tied to those "raid challenges" bungie accidentally put on their website a while back. Seemed like there was a Warpriest Challenge, Golgoroth Challenge, and Oyrx Challenge? Can't remember for sure.

I just remember because it spoiled the raid bosses names before we knew what they were. Maybe they're timed challenges in HM or no deaths or something.

I got one.

On the ship jumping puzzle you grab an aura at the start (think pre-Warpriest fight) and every 20 seconds it changes owners. You need to get the aura to the other side of the map to be allowed to proceed forward..

I like this idea as a present its everyone jumping across at their own time.
Will give it more of a team coordination approach

Deku Tree

I still think they will be tied to those "raid challenges" bungie accidentally put on their website a while back. Seemed like there was a Warpriest Challenge, Golgoroth Challenge, and Oyrx Challenge? Can't remember for sure.

I just remember because it spoiled the raid bosses names before we knew what they were. Maybe they're timed challenges in HM or no deaths or something.

Yeah I agree I've posted guessing the same thing a few different times.

Wonder if those will come with the hard raid or if they will be further time gated by some additional harder mode (330?) to the raid.... I remember on Bungies web site they were listed with the regular Heroic Raid so maybe we will see them tomorrow.

Bungie also took down the 330 exotics from the armory recently.

Yep, this has been the theory I subscribed to for awhile now. It also fits perfectly with the 3 additional raid emblems viewable in the kiosk (assuming the fourth emblem is for HM completion). Three bosses, three challenges, three missing raid emblems, three missing calcified fragments. It would make sense if the fragments were awarded in the same manner as clearing each of the three Tier 3 CoO's.

flkraven

I wonder if Oryx will have a "final hard mode form" that we haven't seen yet? Fight oryx in the shadow realm?

Honestly, I hope that this is the way the go with hardmode. Instead of just piling onto the same mechanics, it would be cool if they just upped the light level on enemies by 10 and added one or 2 new encounters. Maybe a new place to go after the jumping puzzle, or maybe a completely different path early in the raid, bypassing golgoroth/daughters and going to entirely new bosses.

According to DGAF, KF HM sounds awful. Yah'll are monsters!

I'm guessing the last three fragments don't unlock we don't already know about. The game is data mined with every release and update.

Edit: See Drizzay's post up that way. He's got the right idea.

darknil

Now that I'm reading about Sunsingers again, I found a pretty good use for that subclass con Golgoroth. When you are down taking shots at the ogre, throw the solar grenade at the floor, that will prevent cursed thralls and taken from hitting the attack team. Did that yesterday on normal and no one died on that fight (and we are not that good).

Also, song of flame buff it's pretty good so hunters / titans recover their super energy while they are shooting at the boss.

Though I prefer stormcaller for the rest of the raid.

void666

Banned
I think that if someone walked up to you with a shotgun and shot you (more or less) point blank, you should probably die.

The meta is already too "hang back and pewpew" for it to be completely nerfed. Aggressive players should be rewarded for their bravery.

If someone with a shotgun walked up to me and i shot them in the face they would probably die. Not just proceed to jump and one shot me. It's not about realism.

I'm no pvp expert, but my solution to increase fusion/sidearm viability is to decrease shotgun lethality.
Shotgun pros would still be able to rekt people as long as they aim for crits. Just like chaperone users do.

Lnkn52

Go into HM raid with the clan tomorrow. Only weakness in the team is when we use Hunters. LMAO

Top of Page Edit: Oh no, didn't mean to put the clan on blast. lol

sfGnrQU.gif

Clan Shirt (Limited Edition) provided by ElCuco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom