• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Yeah that works well. Swords work well. Hunters can pop blade dance and take the damage. Warlocks can pop Radiant Skin and do the same. Many ways to skin that cat.

Did anyone ever make a list of places where you can pick up the orb damage resistance thing that is the real way you are supposed to grab that chest?

The other thing that eludes me is getting a rare or legendary heavy over 296. It sucks because if I go with a ToM build I don't have anything heavy over 300 to help with my light level.

Doesn't help that the raid refuses to drop any type of heavy weapon for me and I've cleared it a bunch now. Feels like I've been marked by Bungie's RNG system "Do not give this player any heavy weapon drops over 296 including raid."

Stormcaller definitely needs this. Can't believe how long that super goes and I feel once cast, the player can cross the entire map before it runs out.

Not in my opinion. The super only lasts a long time if:
A. You have the perk selected in the skill tree, thereby giving up two other perks
B. You have both grenades and melee charge full

This means that there are a lot of times when it's not optimal to use your super. You can't just use it at any given moment if you want optimal usage. If used when melee or grenades aren't full you are essentially wasting a slot on your perk tree.

EL CUCO

Goliath farming another Grasp?

Noomi, did you ever take your Grasp into crucible? I know you got one with a stability perk.

Edit: Surrounded, Speed Reload, and Last Resort here. I would like one with a stability roll just so I can know if it's viable for me.
Mine was melting people pretty good, last night. I'll probably make a run for another one tonight. So far, I've gotten 7 to drop in 2 farming sessions. Kept 2 of them.

bitsurugi

Goliath farming another Grasp?

Noomi, did you ever take your Grasp into crucible? I know you got one with a stability perk.

Edit: Surrounded, Speed Reload, and Last Resort here. I would like one with a stability roll just so I can know if it's viable for me.

If you ever need to farm Omnigul... msg me.. i have been killing here rewardlessly all week. Won't give up. Ever!

Kyne

I wonder if HM releasing will tear down the timegate for the new exotics.

gethype.
85d652ff6efd5b96625d308cb4a60f2c.jpg

Deku Tree

I wonder if omnigul is gonna show up as the NF... Or if they stick to the strikes in the heroic playlist for now... Grasp farming would reach a whole new level if the NF was omnigul.

LTWood12

Newb here. Can someone explain to me the Omnigul farm. Are people JUST wanting the grasp, or is it a good way to get weapon parts? Do you just blow yourself up after killing her?

Anybody know if there have been any hints, tid-bits, leaks or anything relating to any sort of player to player trading upcoming in the future? I really think they could work out a system with set values of items that would have to equal out to complete trades that wouldnt break the economy... well, anymore than it already is.

Examples...

I'll trade you 20 heavy ammo synths, a Treads Upon Stars and an exotic shard for your NTTE.

or

I'll trade you this 320 exotic helm for two 290 exotic primaries.

Have there be a trade broker in the tower and reef... make both parties visit the broker and initiate a trade... both parties input items they wish to trade until the value of both lots of goods is determined to be equal (or close to... via some hidden light/value calculators... so we dont have buddies forking over exotics to friends for a mote of light... prevents some boosting)... have both parties hold square to initiate a "ok i'm good with this trade" and then once again to confirm and boom... items swap and both parties are happy!

Wouldnt everyone love to get that exotic that NEVER drops for them... or those Sniper ammo boots you can never find... all by trading with someone who seems to always get the opposite drops you do! Would be win-win!

Mine was melting people pretty good, last night. I'll probably make a run for another one tonight. So far, I've gotten 7 to drop in 2 farming sessions. Kept 2 of them.

I see the potential and it might suit my PVP play style a bit more.. So far, every time I've farmed it, it's dropped for someone in a short amount of time.

The one I rolled is alright at best. I could overcome the recoil in time, but I figured it's faster to just farm for one with a stability perk.

If you ever need to farm Omnigul... msg me.. i have been killing here rewardlessly all week. Won't give up. Ever!

Will do!

LTWood12

Anybody know if there have been any hints, tid-bits, leaks or anything relating to any sort of player to player trading upcoming in the future? I really think they could work out a system with set values of items that would have to equal out to complete trades that wouldnt break the economy... well, anymore than it already is.

Examples...

I'll trade you 20 heavy ammo synths, a Treads Upon Stars and an exotic shard for your NTTE.

or

Have there be a trade broker in the tower and reef... make both parties visit the broker and initiate a trade... both parties input items they wish to trade until the value of both lots of goods is determined to be equal (via some hidden light/value calculators)... have both parties hold square to initiate a "ok i'm good with this trade" and then once again to confirm and boom... items swap and both parties are happy!

Wouldnt everyone love to get that exotic that NEVER drops for them... or those Sniper ammo boots you can never find... all by trading with someone who seems to always get the opposite drops you do! Would be win-win!

Pretty sure they've said it'll never happened. Activision learned alot from the Real Money Auction House.

Newb here. Can someone explain to me the Omnigul farm. Are people JUST wanting the grasp, or is it a good way to get weapon parts? Do you just blow yourself up after killing her?
If you get a good stability perk it makes for a really good pvp gun.
And you tether her before she reaches the last room and kill her, then let yourself get killed and do it over and over. There are tons of enemies around, so you don't need to blow yourself up like with Draksis.

People want the Grasp of Malock. It's a low Impact high ROF PR. You tether and kill her before she climbs the hill. Let the adds kill you. Rinse repeat. She dropped 5 legendary engrams for me last night in addition to a bunch or armor and weapons I dismantled for parts. Each run takes about a minute or so.

flkraven

Examples...

or

Have there be a trade broker in the tower and reef... make both parties visit the broker and initiate a trade... both parties input items they wish to trade until the value of both lots of goods is determined to be equal (or close to... via some hidden light/value calculators... so we dont have buddies forking over exotics to friends for a mote of light... prevents some boosting)... have both parties hold square to initiate a "ok i'm good with this trade" and then once again to confirm and boom... items swap and both parties are happy!

From past rumors, word is they will never implement trading.

Trading is even far less likely now with all the new changes (exotic kiosks, guaranteed exotics from quests, etc)

lt519

Pretty sure they've said it'll never happened. Activision learned alot from the Real Money Auction House.

Diablo III did one thing right though after they locked down trading. They allowed you to at least trade drops with your party members for up to an hour and only with your party members.

Not in my opinion. The super only lasts a long time if:
A. You have the perk selected in the skill tree, thereby giving up two other perks
B. You have both grenades and melee charge full

This means that there are a lot of times when it's not optimal to use your super. You can't just use it at any given moment if you want optimal usage. If used when melee or grenades aren't full you are essentially wasting a slot on your perk tree.

pretty much this.

In PvP, I only play Stormcaller when Mayhem Clash is available.

otherwise, I revert back to Blink happy Voidwalker with grenades on spawn using Voidfang Vestiment.

Geist-

Man, Bungie really screwed us Collector's edition guys. Exotic class items that can't be infused so they're abandoned quickly, emotes and shaders that are class-restricted so if we mostly play with one class like I do, we pretty much only get 1 shader and 1 emote for the extra money. And it doesn't help that I paid just as much for my Digital Edition as a Physical Edition while missing out on all of the extra stuff.

That's the last time I'm doing that I suppose.

Examples...

or

With the inclusion of Blue prints, I don't think we'll ever see a trading system. You literally lose nothing by trading an exotic for an exotic. Trading materials would be almost a 100% gain for anyone who trades away their exotic because they can just make a new one.

People want the Grasp of Malock. It's a low Impact high ROF PR. You tether and kill her before she climbs the hill. Let the adds kill you. Rinse repeat. She dropped 5 legendary engrams for me last night in addition to a bunch or armor and weapons I dismantled for parts. Each run takes about a minute or so.
You planning on running it soon?

GutZ31

Diablo III did one thing right though after they locked down trading. They allowed you to at least trade drops with your party members for up to an hour and only with your party members.

Destiny would be pretty damn awesome with an end of mission screen with trading option with fireteam members.
Press trade, and within 30 seconds, if someone presses it as well, a trade of the dropped loot and end screen loot can be traded.
Probably put a timer on how long a trade window can be active as well, something like 5 minutes max.

LTWood12

Destiny would be pretty damn awesome with an end of mission screen with trading option with fireteam members.
Press trade, and within 30 seconds, if someone presses it as well, a trade of the dropped loot and end screen loot can be traded.
Probably put a timer on how long a trade window can be active as well, something like 5 minutes max.

This I'd be ok with.

Kyne

I will be happy if it works with Shaders.

the new gauntlets don`t change color with shaders, it pisses me off.

don't think it will; someone has a vid out there if them using it and it didn't shade.

also, there are more than 3 new exotics.

everyone is still missing their legs.

need those pvp legs...

11f301cb8d8ec148f8d8719e64080c83.jpg

Speed Demon

Increased sprint speed, extended slide distance, increased movement speed while aiming your weapon, and tighter turn radius while sprinting.

these were made for skaters.

Yeah, I'd like this, but I really doubt Bungie would ever run with it.

Homeboyd

Ruin Wings were my most used exotic in yr 1 but I haven't touched them in yr 2. Mostly because rockets are shit now and you can't hold very many anyways, and snipers are the go-to for most of the raid so I always have lmg ammo anyways.

I use lmg on golgo and warpriest ONLY when I run out of spindle ammo and the only other place I use the lmg is on the shade in the oryx fight.

RIP heavies.

noomi

I did, took me a little while to get use to it though. Rolled mine with red dot ores, secret round, braced frame & feeding frenzy. God roll?

Here's a quick rumble match I did with it, although I use the Chaperone and then the Ruin Wake for most of the end :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a7vucql1YU

The only thing that messed me up on it slightly is the Red Dot ORES, the zoom on it is 2.3... a bit too much for my liking :/

Did people actually compile statistical evidence of this?

I don't care about the Cloak, but I guess I will farm the Darkblade NF whenever it comes back for the Darkblade Helm if this is really true.
All three of us got the void cloak upon finishing Tuesday. That's evidence enough for me!

matmanx1

Share the wealth. I have zero. All my primary exotic engrams turn into Monte Carlo's and Last Words.

And I still don't have Monte Carlo. Despite multiple hundreds of hours played I have never had a Monte Carlo. Meanwhile I've gotten multiple Hawkmoons, three Jade Rabbits and two Supercells.

RNG gonna RNG!

Ruin Wings were my most used exotic in yr 1 but I haven't touched them in yr 2. Mostly because rockets are shit now and you can't hold very many anyways, and snipers are the go-to for most of the raid so I always have lmg ammo anyways.

I use lmg on golgo and warpriest ONLY when I run out of spindle ammo and the only other place I use the lmg is on the shade in the oryx fight.

RIP heavies.

yeah I find myself using swords and SS most often now

I KNOW Heavy Machine guns can also put in some PvE work on Majors. Its probably the best heavy for Major Heavy Match game modifier.

Rockets though... I dunno.

From past rumors, word is they will never implement trading.

Trading is even far less likely now with all the new changes (exotic kiosks, guaranteed exotics from quests, etc)

With the inclusion of Blue prints, I don't think we'll ever see a trading system. You literally lose nothing by trading an exotic for an exotic. Trading materials would be almost a 100% gain for anyone who trades away their exotic because they can just make a new one.

Aw you guys are such downers! :(

Lol yeah i figured as much. The whole kiosk thing pretty much nailed the coffin shut in my opinion.

With all the viable legendary weapons/armor and "perfect rolls" i was hoping they'd implement trading. Who knows. Destiny seems to constantly change and evolve.

Speaking of... what the hell do i do with all my old materials and consumables like the different armor wires, plates and stuff... the ascendant shards and energy and the like?

What if the missing three fragments were tied to timed clears of HM warpriest/golgoroth etc?

We've had two timed missions for exotics, BS and SS...

PuMa

RIP heavies.

Exactly my sentiment.

I did, took me a little while to get use to it though. Rolled mine with red dot ores, secret round, braced frame & feeding frenzy. God roll?

Here's a quick rumble match I did with it, although I use the Chaperone and then the Ruin Wake for most of the end :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a7vucql1YU

The only thing that messed me up on it slightly is the Red Dot ORES, the zoom on it is 2.3... a bit too much for my liking :/

Yeah, it seems to need a stability perk to be viable. My ideal roll would be, Full Auto, Braced Frame, Glass Half Full.

Thanks for the video. Chaperone for life.

Deku Tree

I already collected all the time gated fragments on my alts, just in case there will be some quest reason to collect all 50 fragments on your alts.

I generally don't do repeat quests on my alts. But if you can get a 320 artifact from collecting 50 fragments then I'm in.

OMG accidental page top

c5ed3ba3c193df42c9e5f303525602d2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom