• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

Might as well though, just like TTK I'm sure we are going to have to get all new stuff all over again making what we earned obsolete.

If halo 5 tanks I might say goodbye to xbox, There is nothing else on the console I want and switch to PS4 for Destiny 2 or the next major expansion.

Oh god, if Halo 5 tanks, my friends list may not survive the influx of GAFers.
I was planning on buying an Xbox one for Halo 5, but have been rather underwhelmed by what I have been seeing so far.
It also doesn't help that I wasn't happy with Halo 4, and this is made by the same people that did that.

Not everyone shares my opinion of course, but I really disliked Halo 4.

Afrocious

This stuck out to me. Can you elaborate on this?

Sure! Firstly, I'm not saying if someone dies then they suck because everyone dies. That's a fact of playing Destiny. The sooner folks accept that, the better players they become from being able to forgive themselves and move on.

People die from because of things in Destiny, even if it's from a glitch. So if someone dies, they probably weren't being 100% focused or some mechanic went wrong. This is the present problem and it needs to be isolated, understood, and fixed either on the side of the player, or on the side of the fireteam.

GRIP

I just realized that the pulse rifle I was using during the first week of the TTK was Grasp of Malok. Just saw a video of someone using it and though it looked awfully familiar to a pulse that I had shelved several weeks ago and was just sitting in my vault. Went to look and sure enough it's the gun that people were farming like crazy to get. Had no idea it was a special drop.

Daemul

I just finished getting my 7 headshot kills in the Crucible with the Imprecation and I need to wait for another Armsday? WTF?! This gun better be godlike if it takes 3 weeks to get it.

Who cares about being 308 or 309 though? My hunter is also 1 tick from 309, but I can't be bothered to sweat it, because come tomorrow everyone will be 312 and 313 . . .

Putting a lot of faith in those raid drops ;)

Damn right you are. RNGesus is going to need to be generous to have everyone at 313 by tomorrow, as in, he needs to constantly drop 315+ gear for everyone, which is just not going to happen.

This is assuming that any gear drops at all mind you, because if the drop rate is anything like Normal Mode then lol, good luck.

How the hell do you get 7 headshots with this shitty ass pistol

Pray that you end up in a game with bad players.

I just finished getting my 7 headshot kills in the Crucible with the Imprecation and I need to wait for another Armsday? WTF?! This gun better be godlike if it takes 3 weeks to get it.

8PpRw27.png

LTWood12

Fireborn is basically a crutch. If you died in the first place and need to use it, you fucked up somewhere. If the whole fireteam wipes and you need to use it, you fucked up somewhere.

It's a last ditch save and benefits you only if you made a mistake.

I wouldn't call it a crutch, especially when you're in a situation where you're underleveled for the encounter. I'd call it insurance. And sure, if I die I screwed up. But in a drawn out encounter, underleveled, w/ 6 people, and especially in content that you haven't done repeatedly already, I expect mistakes to be made.

Sure! Firstly, I'm not saying if someone dies then they suck because everyone dies. That's a fact of playing Destiny. The sooner folks accept that, the better players they become from being able to forgive themselves and move on.

People die from because of things in Destiny, even if it's from a glitch. So if someone dies, they probably weren't being 100% focused or some mechanic went wrong. This is the present problem and it needs to be isolated, understood, and fixed either on the side of the player, or on the side of the fireteam.

Thanks for the answer. Agree 100%.

Bogeypop

After two and a half hours of Flayer Mantle farming I got an extra Void and Solar Mantle. Plus the Arc Mantle I needed to complete my collection and a Treads Upon Stars.

lt519

I wouldn't call it a crutch, especially when you're in a situation where you're underleveled for the encounter. I'd call it insurance. And sure, if I die I screwed up. But in a drawn out encounter, underleveled, w/ 6 people, and especially in content that you haven't done repeatedly already, I expect mistakes to be made.

I agree with this.

There were other uses for it though. In the Skolas fight we would let the Fireborn die on purpose, near a mine location, during mine phases, if he had the devouring essence. This bought the team a little over a minute and when the mine they died near popped they could use the revive. It was a neat little trick that saved multiple Skolas runs when mines decided to appear on opposite sides.

Your luck in Dust Palace knows no bound.

Karma for the Spindle carries

Yeah, i guess. So far 99% blink shotgun soo D:

Go into Classic (probably lower your light level a bit too). Full of not so great players.

Of course people will make mistakes, I'm sure as hell not expecting HM to go smoothly. Just saying you can't always rely on it to save your ass, especially when you have other options that could benefit the team as a whole as well as you being alive.

Nobody ever uses the perk that increases everyone's grenades and melee, for example.

I forgot I'm going to an NBA preseason game tomorrow night. Dangit!!!! My scheduling always sucks. But at least I can do release HM for about 5.5 hours.

Frenden

Banned
Started this Warlock on the path to post-40 content last night. Got lucky with rankups and got all matching FWC gear. The restorative mind gauntlets dropped for my hunter ages ago. INT+DIS+Pulse reload = love.

CR7xoRjVEAA75ey.jpg:large

I love everything about the FWC Warlock gear--my favorite gear for the Warlock was the year one, vanilla stuff and this is it.

Started this Warlock on the path to post-40 content last night. Got lucky with rankups and got all matching FWC gear. The restorative mind gauntlets dropped for my hunter ages ago. INT+DIS+Pulse reload = love.

CR7xoRjVEAA75ey.jpg:large

I love everything about the FWC Warlock gear--my favorite gear for the Warlock was the year one, vanilla stuff and this is it.

I wish the gauntlets didn't have the little tendrils. Other then that I want them.

GutZ31

Go into Classic (probably lower your light level a bit too). Full of not so great players.

Of course people will make mistakes, I'm sure as hell not expecting HM to go smoothly. Just saying you can't always rely on it to save your ass, especially when you have other options that could benefit the team as a whole as well as you being alive.
You mean, playing like a hunter, and not standing in the line of fire until you die?

The only problem I have with fireborn is the effect it has on a players mentality.
If you started off on a Warlock, and almost exclusively used fireborn for everything, you likely have a false sense of safety in the game.

When switching to other subclasses, it's hard to realize the safety net is gone, and you can fall into a rhythm of avoidable deaths.

Warlocks that use subclasses like Voidwalker or Stormcaller almost exclusively tend to be much more likely to survive encounters, because they are just as mindful as hunters or titans that death could spell disaster.

Drats, 200 Gunsmith Rep short of rank 3 on my warlock. I have been banking gunsmith test weapons on my alts so when I got around to it I could get their gunsmith rank up for the class exotics. I really want Tlaloc, so this morning I completed all the test weapons and then the first gunsmith quest. But now I am out of ways to get gunsmith rep. Sucks I have to wait until next week. My only hope is the sleeper simulant random fusion rifle relic thing drops but I haven't seen one of those in weeks and there is no way to get them to drop. Maybe they stop dropping once one character completes the SS quest?

Afrocious

You mean, playing like a hunter, and not standing in the line of fire until you die?

The only problem I have with fireborn is the effect it has on a players mentality.
If you started off on a Warlock, and almost exclusively used fireborn for everything, you likely have a false sense of safety in the game.

When switching to other subclasses, it's hard to realize the safety net is gone, and you can fall into a rhythm of avoidable deaths.

Warlocks that use subclasses like Voidwalker or Stormcaller almost exclusively tend to be much more likely to survive encounters, because they are just as mindful as hunters or titans that death could spell disaster.

Outside of figuring out the utility of Fireborn in Hard Modes, this is the major problem I have with Fireborn as an ability.

Lee

Oh god, if Halo 5 tanks, my friends list may not survive the influx of GAFers.
I was planning on buying an Xbox one for Halo 5, but have been rather underwhelmed by what I have been seeing so far.
It also doesn't help that I wasn't happy was livid with Halo 4 MCC, and this is made by the same people that did that.

FTFM.

I really do hope Halo 5 delivers, though. I don't know if I can really play nothing but Destiny for the next however long and look back at it as time truly enjoyed. I think I need a new game, but my entire friends list is on Destiny and nothing out there seems to be a contender at the moment.

Sullichin

So if I hit Rank 5 gunsmith today how long do I have to wait to get the Shitty First Curse? Assuming I do every step as soon as I can. Two more armsdays?

Lee

MCC made me sell my Xbox One.

I was damn close. Did a chargeback on my credit card for the game, as they refused to refund it stating a coming patch would fix all the problems. I decided that if that charge-back resulted in my live account being closed, I was done with the ecosystem.

That didn't happen, so here I am... spending $150 on a new controller fml...

So if I hit Rank 5 gunsmith today how long do I have to wait to get the Shitty First Curse? Assuming I do every step as soon as I can. Two more armsdays?

Damn shame

I was expecting more from that gun form the way the perks were lined up

Was thinking it was going to be a long range bruiser

Thanks to mayhem clash i finally got through the TLW crucible part for the Chaparone quest, I don't think I got more than like 10 kills with TLW itself.

EDIT: also got a Eyesluna with triple tap, hammerforged, and mulligan

Bogeypop

You up for running a few NF? Might as well try getting the void.

Maybe later, I literally just finished farming. Also, I want to do daily Salvage for some Marks, but refuse to take the marks unless I win. Already quit out of two Salvage matches because pugs gonna pug. Literally had a teammate pushing solo when all three of the enemy team is sitting on the Relic with Heavy Weapons. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom