• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_psipher

People want the Grasp of Malock. It's a low Impact high ROF PR. You tether and kill her before she climbs the hill. Let the adds kill you. Rinse repeat. She dropped 5 legendary engrams for me last night in addition to a bunch or armor and weapons I dismantled for parts. Each run takes about a minute or so.

Thanks for the farming. Sorry I had to bail. I promised a clan member that I would help him get his first Oryx kill. It went smooth. That farming method is crazy quick though.

Also, has this been posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pkEvHDr9f8

I lost it at "Oversoul"

EL CUCO

I already collected all the time gated fragments on my alts, just in case there will be some quest reason to collect all 50 fragments on your alts.

I generally don't do repeat quests on my alts. But if you can get a 320 artifact from collecting 50 fragments then I'm in.
Another accidental top page brought to you by clan WIPE LOL

Deku Tree

Me too!

Code:
Total Light		308.96

I could get to 309 if I took my 308 Titan butt towel and put it into my 305 Hunter cloak. I won't though since I don't have a good back up for my Titan

I could be 309 on all Hunter and Warlock and Titan if I infused 310 exotics with legendaries... And on Hunter if I also infused 310 exotic armors with my legendaries... But I don't have dups of any of those 310 exotics so I'm not feeling doing that unless it's really necessary to clear HM vs being 308.

LiK

if I could only get better Kingslayer and Boots, I'd be 309 by now. but nooo, just keep giving me 310 Alpha Lupis.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So on the Dreadnaught in patrol where you fight the tank in the Brothers strike are 2 Major Psions. Killing both open doors where you can deploy your ghost and an alarm activates. Has anyone seen this or know what it does?

Deku Tree

So on the Dreadnaught in patrol where you fight the tank in the Brothers strike are 2 Major Psions. Killing both open doors where you can deploy your ghost and an alarm activates. Has anyone seen this or know what it does?

It lets you kill an Ultra that drops a hidden secret emblem.

I could be 309 on all Hunter and Warlock and Titan if I infused 310 exotics with legendaries... And on Hunter if I also infused 310 exotic armors with my legendaries... But I don't have dups of any of those 310 exotics so I'm not feeling doing that unless it's really necessary to clear HM vs being 308.

I have a bunch of exotic engrams in my vault just for that reason. I'll see if 311+ people are getting 320's from engram rolls. If not, I'll roll them in hopes of getting 310 infusion material.

Wish I had a 300+ butt towel for my Titan lol

Did you get a 300 Blue or something?

Oh yes, and it's still amazing.

Raid drops. My Titan consistently gets higher light drops than my Hunter.

GutZ31

Opens the doors to go towards the shield brothers strike boss room, but you fight a hive knight called Ultra Knight, and killing him gives you a chance at an emblem.
He is also a boss that takes your 3oC away, so maybe useful for farming exotics.

matmanx1

so now the list in my head is:

nerf AA on snipers
slightly buff handcannons
nerf OVERALL shotgun range
slightly nerf sunbreaker armor (give it the same as bladedancer)
slightly nerf the time duration for supers on sunbreaker/stormcaller
ever-so-slightly buff auto rifles (still not viable with the pulse meta)

sorry, I can't think of anything that will make fusion rifles/sidearms viable.

Why can't fusion rifles do precision damage? It wouldn't help them in PVP but it certainly would make them more viable in PVE.

Sidearms are interesting. For missions with a burn you can sort of us them like an elemental primary and in PVP they can still kill you quickly. What they give up is the one hit kill capability of the other special weapons. I'm not sure what, if anything, they might need.

lt519

Why can't fusion rifles do precision damage? It wouldn't help them in PVP but it certainly would make them more viable in PVE.

Sidearms are interesting. For missions with a burn you can sort of us them like an elemental primary and in PVP they can still kill you quickly. What they give up is the one hit kill capability of the other special weapons. I'm not sure what, if anything, they might need.

Sidearms should be exactly what they are called. A last ditch you run out of Primary Ammo and want to get a couple more rounds off to finish a fight. They should always be loaded when switched to (so instant Cocoon) and their switch/aim time should be next to nothing. Their range is what kills them right now, if you are in range of a sidearm you can take them out with a shotgun first. Buff them to Hand Cannon ranges.

If Destiny 2 is on PC then how many people will switch to the PC version? What if you have to start the grind over from scratch on PC vs keeping all your old stuff your on Console?

Would anyone buy a high quality gaming PC or Alienware box for Destiny 2 PC?

What if your PSN account allowed account sharing with PC?

Tough call, I'm a comfy couch gamer with an Alienware in my TV Console. What I experienced with Borderlands 2 is what would put me off. Weapon duping, hacking, etc, ruining the shared world experience. I'd probably stay console. I actually went with The Pre-Sequel on PS4 because of this.

Deku Tree

If Destiny 2 is on PC then how many people will switch to the PC version? What if you have to start the grind over from scratch on PC vs keeping all your old stuff your on Console?

noomi

I go where DGAF goes.

Even though I would LOVE Destiny on the PC, wherever my friends are that's where I'll be.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

It won't be.

Bogeypop

I would go to PC without hesitation.

PuMa

Hahaha, that was awesome.

Why do I recognize the group leader guy, where is he from?

He has a recurring bit part in Big Bang (not sure character name, I dont watch it much), but I'm not sure where else he is from.

"Addicts lose their virginity to this game" Lol

Who cares about being 308 or 309 though? My hunter is also 1 tick from 309, but I can't be bothered to sweat it, because come tomorrow everyone will be 312 and 313 . . .

If I could use my PSN account or character and had the money for a high end pc for max settings 60fps then yeah I would.

DarKshodaN

I would switch to 100% to the PC Version, even if i loose all my progress
sorry i am a PC guy

Afrocious

Fireborn gets a bad rap. It's always useful in the early days of Hard raids when we're under-leveled and can't revive. I'd definitely run it in most encounters- namely Totems, Warpriest, and Oryx. Daughters is debatable but still probably a good idea unless you're smart about popping Radiant Skin on time to tank some damage that might've killed you.

NM KF has a few key mechanics to limit its usefulness. You can't die and self-res while holding a sync plate during Daughters-Oryx or else the platforms will disappear in that split second. However, dying any other time without self-res would be a big problem since it might wipe an otherwise good run. Golgoroth is the biggest one, especially for gaze holders who absolutely positively cannot die under any circumstances. Radiant Skin is crucial here. Then there's the Tablet of Ruin which I expect to get some new complication in HM.

People hate on it but self-res is excellent for serious PvE. Keep in mind that unless we get great drops along the way, the damage scaling penalty will be severe at Oryx. Similar to being one level down during Year 1. And that's just based on Light level, there may be additional penalties for the Heroic modifier and/or more Major enemies ala HM CE.

In regards to being underleveled and undergeared, there's a definite benefit in Fireborn to a player - more than there's a benefit to the entire fireteam. This depends on the encounter obviously. The utility any player brings to a fireteam is their body and pure skill - regardless of their subclass abilities. Fireborn allows a person to revive, so the benefit there is that person's body and skills are potentially utilized for a longer period than other players. They fight, then die, then come back to fight. Fireteams want good players to stay alive and Fireborn allows this.

The problem I have with Fireborn, and mainly Warlocks, is that little outside of the player's body and skill is provided to a team compared to what Titans and Hunters deliver in TTK. Defender Titans are the PvE gods and Nightstalker has, IMO, placed Hunters above Warlocks in their PvE usefulness. Fireborn-specced Sunsingers hold onto their Super until they die, and outside of rezzing in time to help complete some raid mechanic, I don't see the absolute necessity of running Fireborn. In Normal Mode, a rez can skip the respawn timer and allow teammates to not worry about running over to your body, so that's fine despite there being a problem with the player/fireteam anyway if the dude died to begin with. In Hard Mode, depending on when someone dies, a death most likely means a wipe regardless of if the person can self-rez.

GutZ31

I go where DGAF goes.

Even though I would LOVE Destiny on the PC, wherever my friends are that's where I'll be.

I want to play on the PS4 as well, but will not restart everything. That's insanity.

Would stay console.

Hard to imagine destiny with more than just lag switchers and laggers to worry about.
Think about how many people will be hacking the fuck out if Destiny on PC, ruining it for everyone.
Aimbots
Wall glitching
Clipping
One shot's
Infinite heavy ammo
Infinite super energy

The list goes on.

WipedOut

Might as well though, just like TTK I'm sure we are going to have to get all new stuff all over again making what we earned obsolete.

If halo 5 tanks I might say goodbye to xbox, There is nothing else on the console I want and switch to PS4 for Destiny 2 or the next major expansion.

LTWood12

despite there being a problem with the player/fireteam anyway if the dude died to begin with.

This stuck out to me. Can you elaborate on this? Certainly it's a problem if you have someone repeatedly dying in situations where you wouldn't expect them to. Maybe they're filling the wrong roll. Maybe you need to move people around.

PC hands down if we're able to transfer our account to it. I'd hope for a 1 time transfer of either xbox or psn account. PC fixes would happen faster, theoretically. Of course with the tools they have currently it'd be still slow but potentially faster than console patches.

My Xbox elite controller will be ready!

Deku Tree

It won't be.

How do you know?

Would stay console.

Hard to imagine destiny with more than just lag switchers and laggers to worry about.
Think about how many people will be hacking the fuck out if Destiny on PC, ruining it for everyone.
Aimbots
Wall glitching
Clipping
One shot's
Infinite heavy ammo
Infinite super energy

The list goes on.

Yeah I was wondering if Bungie could really keep up with all the modding/hacking on PC.

Since there is no PS+/XBL on PC, I wonder if they would go with a dedicated server for a sub fee model on PC do prevent hacking....

This stuck out to me. Can you elaborate on this?

Fireborn is basically a crutch. If you died in the first place and need to use it, you fucked up somewhere. If the whole fireteam wipes and you need to use it, you fucked up somewhere.

It's a last ditch save and benefits you only if you made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom