• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Thanks to mayhem clash i finally got through the TLW crucible part for the Chaparone quest, I don't think I got more than like 10 kills with TLW itself.

I did mine in Mayhem Clash too. I had a few streaky games in a row with a Funslinger. Golden Gun is the only hand cannon that still sorta works, kappa.

Acidote

If Destiny 2 is on PC then how many people will switch to the PC version? What if you have to start the grind over from scratch on PC vs keeping all your old stuff your on Console?

Would anyone buy a high quality gaming PC or Alienware box for Destiny 2 PC?

What if your PSN account allowed account sharing with PC?

I would instantly move to PC even if I had to start from stratch.

Deku Tree

Maybe later, I literally just finished farming. Also, I want to do daily Salvage for some Marks, but refuse to take the marks unless I win. Already quit out of two Salvage matches because pugs gonna pug. Literally had a teammate pushing solo when all three of the enemy team is sitting on the Relic with Heavy Weapons. Ridiculous.

Why?

Why not just take the marks the first time, and then play salvage until you win?

Can anyone help with the Taken Champions quest? I have one more boss to kill and I can't do it solo.

IF you can't get help - then wear old raid boots with extra heavy ammo and take a ghorn - have a full clip, plus a telemetry in reserve. 14 Ghorn rockets will have the boss almost dead all on your own...

Still worth doing even if you do have help as it makes it easier for everyone....plus you get to re-live that year 1 vibe of melting a randomly hard boss with a Ghorn.

I've NEVER ran any of the POE's.... curious... why 32's vs the 28's i hear everyone recommend?

Also - how does one currently obtain a key for the chests i've heard mentioned?

Do one of Petra's quests and you get a guaranteed key every week. There's also a chance they'll drop from the small chests at the end of PoE.

darknil

People want the Grasp of Malock. It's a low Impact high ROF PR. You tether and kill her before she climbs the hill. Let the adds kill you. Rinse repeat. She dropped 5 legendary engrams for me last night in addition to a bunch or armor and weapons I dismantled for parts. Each run takes about a minute or so.

Wow, I'm gonna try tonight, need some parts badly.

Can this achieved in the normal level strike? I guess that if it's NF (when they want) it should get better results.

Another question, now that NFs are worthwhile, is there any reason to do it more than one time per week? Don't know what are all the changes on NF since TTK released.

BraXzy

Man this is getting annoying. I'm doing strikes and I keep getting booted to space saying my Fireteam has changed but no one is in mine. Is it someone trying to join me or something?

Happened to my group during the raid yesterday, but that was after someone DC'd. Not happened before and it hasn't happened since but maybe some server issues on Xbox?

So the other day I mentioned that I finally unlocked Shaxx's bounties and that when I grabbed all five of them it already said I had 2 of them done. So I completed three of the five that I had grabbed and got...nothing. I thought after I turned in the "Do 5 of the bounties" bounty it was supposed to give me a reward.

Sooo where's my reward? Were those two phantom completed bounties just a glitch? I was planning on finishing the final two I have anyway to see if that gets me the reward. i'm still not sure why it said I had two completed ones already though.

KodaRuss

Dang this thread is moving fast.

Hopefully Bungie puts some new exotics in the system for hard raid because they continue to be pretty lackluster.

Wow, I'm gonna try tonight, need some parts badly.

Can this achieved in the normal level strike? I guess that if it's NF (when they want) it should get better results.

Another question, now that NFs are worthwhile, is there any reason to do it more than one time per week? Don't know what are all the changes on NF since TTK released.

Yup. Just grab the strike from the director. It's best run with Two Hunters and a Titan with Ruin Wings. You need a full party or it will MM with silly randoms.

So the other day I mentioned that I finally unlocked Shaxx's bounties and that when I grabbed all five of them it already said I had 2 of them done. So I completed three of the five that I had grabbed and got...nothing. I thought after I turned in the "Do 5 of the bounties" bounty it was supposed to give me a reward.

Sooo where's my reward? Were those two phantom completed bounties just a glitch? I was planning on finishing the final two I have anyway to see if that gets me the reward. i'm still not sure why it said I had two completed ones already though.
Turning in the True Meaning of War bounty gives you the reward.

Are you sure you got nothing? Your reward may have been strange coins or it may have gone to your postmaster if your item slot was full.

gspec

Dang this thread is moving fast.

Hopefully Bungie puts some new exotics in the system for hard raid because they continue to be pretty lackluster.

I don't think there are anymore exotics. Bungie said they had 13+ exotics weapons for TTK and all of them are available now.

JonCha

I'd be up for doing a normal raid run, but I'm a complete noob, in a couple of hours or so? Don't know if there's interest there. I guess everyone is waiting to just do do HM and get double drops at this point?

Nothing in your postmaster? Weird. I had 2 completions as well and got a reward.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Happened to my group during the raid yesterday, but that was after someone DC'd. Not happened before and it hasn't happened since but maybe some server issues on Xbox?

Yea probably some server issues with Live. Earlier I wasn't getting any match making. No one in the tower apart from me and all the strikes I were doing was solo.

Bogeypop

Why?

Why not just take the marks the first time, and then play salvage until you win?

Interesting. Does this help you get better with crucible iyo?

Just doing it as a matter of pride. Literally had this last Salvage game won, but the blueberry couldn't grasp that you could revive teammates in this mode even after I sent him a message. Was too angry to back out of the match before I was awarded my Marks for losing. Still going to keep playing until I win a match with blueberries though. It's got to be possible somehow.

Turning in the True Meaning of War bounty gives you the reward.

Are you sure you got nothing? Your reward may have been strange coins or it may have gone to your postmaster if your item slot was full.

Yeah, all that showed up was my crucible rep meter. I'll check with my postmaster but honestly it's so chocked full of stuff because my vault is already full so if the reward was just a legendary weapon then I guess it could've been that. Kind of a weak reward but definitely a possibility.

Deku Tree

Getting a NM 300 power drop and no HM drop from HM KF is going to be the new troll drop.... I expect lots of salty complaints all over the Internet.

Lnkn52

Finally got around in updating the GLord list. Since tomorrow will be the release of the HM and the ability to finish the new trophy list, those that do complete it please send me a PM so I may add the following to your avatar.

display.jpg

Klyka

Banned
Got my NTTE :)

Joined a DestinyLFG group directly at Atheon for a quick kill and then did the groundskeeper solo.

Love the gun <3

Afrocious

Finally got around in updating the GLord list. Since tomorrow will be the release of the HM and the ability to finish the new trophy list, those that do complete it please send me a PM so I may add the following to your avatar.

display.jpg

You want folks to send you a PM if they complete HM, or you want folks to PM you if they already have Guardian Lord on top of getting all the trophies for TTK?

Deku Tree

Why do some exotics have their unique perk unlocked automatically and others don't. Like you got to completely level up NTTE to get its perk... Seems random too... Did Bungie just not get to fixing some of them?

E92 M3

Do you guys think Deej will address any of our concerns about light level and RNG for tomorrow? Final update before hard mode launches.

border

If I just did the Paradox Cult Ghost quest on Tuesday, am I able to start the NttE quest now? Or do I have to wait until Paradox comes up again as the daily?

GutZ31

I don't think there are anymore exotics. Bungie said they had 13+ exotics weapons for TTK and all of them are available now.
There are more.

We have already seen many in Bungie released videos.
A prime example is the SolarLord variant of Thunderlord.
Many armor pieces that are not in the loot table, some can't even be data mined.

Bungie is trickle feeding us exotics to make TTK feel bigger than it really is.

lionelhutz

IF you can't get help - then wear old raid boots with extra heavy ammo and take a ghorn - have a full clip, plus a telemetry in reserve. 14 Ghorn rockets will have the boss almost dead all on your own...

Still worth doing even if you do have help as it makes it easier for everyone....plus you get to re-live that year 1 vibe of melting a randomly hard boss with a Ghorn.

Thanks, I didn't think it'd be strong enough to knock down the boss.

Afrocious

My Hunter got the raid machine gun with the perk that allows it to get more accurate the longer it's fired. I basically got a legendary Thunderlord now that reloads itself now.

Also picked up the raid pulse rifle with Glass Half Full. Dunno how good that is.

the latter/

Cool beans.

Getting a NM 300 power drop and no HM drop from HM KF is going to be the new troll drop.... I expect lots of salty complaints all over the Internet.

They did our for all armor and new weapons. Although, stuff that has 2 unique perks like Zhalo need the whole tree unlocked for it to be fully functional

Long shot, but is anyone looking to do a fresh Vault of Glass on Normal? Trying to take my friend through a raid and she's never done one before.

1. ShinigamiFrost
2. xReap_Salvationx

My PSN is ShinigamiFrost

I'll send out invites when/if we get a group ;)

Bogeypop

Finally won a match of Salvage with blueberries. Had a good team who stuck together and revived each other. We even let the enemy team take the relic, easily killed them, and took the points they would have gotten.

On an unrelated note, I need one more person for a King's Fall Hard Mode Raid tomorrow as soon as it launches. Must be willing to stick with it until we beat it
or until the entire group becomes exhausted and calls it quits which hopefully won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom