• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

8PpRw27.png

:(

Yeah I've just read some reviews, the gun seems like garbage. It's going straight to the vault on Wednesday it seems.

Deku Tree

It's coming back. Be ready if you missed it last time. Bungie responding to criticism and giving players a heads up.

@Bungie: The Sleeper will awaken again soon. That Quest was not a limited time event.

Namikaze1

Finally got around in updating the GLord list. Since tomorrow will be the release of the HM and the ability to finish the new trophy list, those that do complete it please send me a PM so I may add the following to your avatar.

display.jpg
Get ready for my PM tomorrow. :p

Yo Rufus! Glad you arrived safely. While we won't know for sure until running it, Bungie has said that normal and hard have separate loot tables and that running hard first will give you the rewards from both normal and hard. Sounds like no double hard drops and that running normal before hard won't cost you any loot chances.

The only caveat is that Bungie tweeted the following link in response to all the questions about HM drops. The link is supposed to describe how loot drops work for Raids in general (also NFalls, Weekly Heroics and PoE), but we know VoG and CE didn't actually function the way they're describing. HM VoG's table included all NM and HM drops then pulled two from that so you could get two Found Verdicts (NM), two Fate Bringers (HM) or one of each. CE had separate gear in the NM and HM tables and doing HM first would lock you out of the NM loot (secondary and heavy weapons).

So we'll see tomorrow! I ended up raiding NM on both alts yesterday just to help some friends out but I'm preserving my Titan just in case. Here's the link:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12287

Ah good to know, thanks. Saw you raiding some time ago so was wondering why you didn't wait for Hard mode. I sort of expected the loot tables to be different for normal and hard, I'll try and get one normal raid done before hard launch..

JHall

Dang this thread is moving fast.

Hopefully Bungie puts some new exotics in the system for hard raid because they continue to be pretty lackluster.

I don't think Bungie is ever going to make exotics such as the Ice Breaker or Gjallahorn ever again. The exotics now are more situation and excel at one thing rather than being the end all be all weapons. It's good in my opinion, adds more variety to the game.

E92 M3

In the thousands of hours I have played Destiny, shooting a Suros Regime probably took up 10 minutes. Gun is so sterile and boring to me =/

Deku Tree

Artifacts are pretty useless in practice. It is nice to get extra orbs but really no a big deal at all. Artifacts should have a much better perk. And there should be other ways to get them at higher power levels.

Artifacts are pretty useless in practice. It is nice to get extra orbs but really no a big deal at all. Artifacts should have a much better perk. And there should be other ways to get them at higher power levels.
What, you're not happy with limitles 276-296 artifacts?
I love getting them...

noomi

So are we expecting hard mode raid armor to look exactly the same as normal mode?

I know the weapons should look darker.

Daemul

I just want them to actually have some sort of visual, they're even more non-existent than the Warlock Bond, as in you don't see them at all.

I want to see Dredgen Yor's Rose hanging on my Hunter's belt buckle or something.

So the other day I mentioned that I finally unlocked Shaxx's bounties and that when I grabbed all five of them it already said I had 2 of them done. So I completed three of the five that I had grabbed and got...nothing. I thought after I turned in the "Do 5 of the bounties" bounty it was supposed to give me a reward.

Sooo where's my reward? Were those two phantom completed bounties just a glitch? I was planning on finishing the final two I have anyway to see if that gets me the reward. i'm still not sure why it said I had two completed ones already though.

Skimming through the thread and caught this.

Same thing happened to me. I picked up all of Shaxx' bounties after reset, and started doing some bounties. After some matches, I go and check progress and for whatever reason, some of the bounties were already done. I also did a couple more bounties in order to fulfill the "do all the Shaxx bounties in a week" bounty.

edit: yep, I see now you just turn the bounty in through the menu. Dammit, so ticked off I forgot to max out my light level before turning it in.

This is where my experience differs from yours, though. I turned in that quest while in orbit after a match, and it awarded me a mote, a blue engram, and a Graviton Forfeit. I vaguely recall having to be at Shaxx when completing his weekly quest line in order to get the top tier rewards. At the time, I was under 300 light level so the damn helmet was only 290.

If by Mass Effect style you mean the Avenger, then yeah, that would explain why I hate it lol. Shit like the Cerberus Harrier and Mattock were much more fun to use, and better.
It's the spitting img of the one they always showed off for the me1 concept art.
Too be fair, the new suros guns are even more mass effect, and just like regime they are all dull to actually use which is heart breaking as they look fantastic.
And the guns that work fantasgicly are ugly as shit with doc martin boot print in :( yeah spindle I'm looking at you.

E92 M3

I love the mass effect vibe of it.
But it is very.. dull.

Yep and that's why the Putin Supercell is 1000x times better imo.

Because of the precious PVP - we can't have any cool stuff.

Artifacts are essentially useless. They should have had perks like:

- Upon reload, there is a small chance your clip will be doubled
- Gain a small increase to jump height
- Grenades have a bigger explosion radius
- More weapon parts from dismantling blues
- Hold 3000 extra glimmer
- Planetary materials give extra
- Double rep
- Sniper rifle scopes highlight all targets
- On respawn, have 3 seconds of invincibility
- Spawn invisible
- Supers are stronger

Things that will change the game in a unique fashion, but until PVE and PVP are properly separated, that won't happen.

Deku Tree

What, you're not happy with limitles 276-296 artifacts?
I love getting them...

The fact that I can only get one max 310 power artifact means that it's the only one I'm ever going to equip. The others are just legendary marks. Having only one 310 doesn't allow for artifact perk optimization. Good thing getting extra orbs on certain types of ability kills is usually meaningless.

Artifacts should do something good like give your primary weapon elemental damage, or give you a blue engram drop rate buff, or give you an increased agility perk, or an increased armor perk. How about an exotic artifact?

R0ckman

Just doing it as a matter of pride. Literally had this last Salvage game won, but the blueberry couldn't grasp that you could revive teammates in this mode even after I sent him a message. Was too angry to back out of the match before I was awarded my Marks for losing. Still going to keep playing until I win a match with blueberries though. It's got to be possible somehow.

I've won a ton of matches with berries but it wasn't on the daily list, I think I was just doing it because I was tired of Iron Banana. The mode seemed terrible though, people entering and leaving constantly, I think in one match I had about 6 people on the opposite team enter and then leave.

KanameYuuki

Yeah as with most things in destiny the perks are too safe and boring, as other have mention, I hope Destiny 2 gets more wacky stuff by completely separating PvP and PvE, fuck balancing crap we all want to feel like space badasses, right now my favorite weapon in Zhalo because of the way it works, it could easily be a Borderlands gun.

Deku Tree

- Double rep
- Spawn invisible
- Supers are stronger

Things that will change the game in a unique fashion, but until PVE and PVP are properly separated, that won't happen.

These are really good ideas.

flkraven

- Double rep
- Spawn invisible
- Supers are stronger

Didn't Bungie say something along the lines that artifacts won't just be an extra armor piece that simply add onto your stats. That they will really add to the customization?

lol, it literally does the opposite of that. No changes to physical appearance, slight boost to INT/DISC/STR, and useless perk.

Skimming through the thread and caught this.

Same thing happened to me. I picked up all of Shaxx' bounties after reset, and started doing some bounties. After some matches, I go and check progress and for whatever reason, some of the bounties were already done. I also did a couple more bounties in order to fulfill the "do all the Shaxx bounties in a week" bounty.

This is where my experience differs from yours, though. I turned in that quest while in orbit after a match, and it awarded me a mote, a blue engram, and a Graviton Forfeit. I vaguely recall having to be at Shaxx when completing his weekly quest line in order to get the top tier rewards. At the time, I was under 300 light level so the damn helmet was only 290.

So you have to approach him to get the top rewards?

If true then this is the kind of bullshit I was complaining about before. This random stuff that nobody would ever know to do, especially now that we can turn in bounties from anywhere.

Oh and bungie, if you're reading this..

Where the hell is my vanity slot? (Recent news article aside) it really can't be that hard too implement not like I'm asking if i can change my name........

Also, where the hell is my pet space cat :(

So you have to approach him to get the top rewards?

If true then this is the kind of bullshit I was complaining about before. This random stuff that nobody would ever know to do, especially now that we can turn in bounties from anywhere.

Nah. You can just turn it in through the menu. Some others mentioned it above. No need to visit Shaxx. Not sure what's going on with you, though. So you didn't get any reward?

Daemul

What annoys me most about the Artifacts is how you only have the option of one out of two 310 artifacts per character and, for the Hunter atleast, none of them are Int/Dic, you have to choose between a Int/Str and Dic/Str artifact. This means that I had to create and run through the Taken War Questline with another character in order to get a second 310 artifact to infuse into my Int/Dic artifact so that it could be 310, entire process was a pain in the ass.

CR1W9RLWoAE9h84.jpg

Feels good man.

A screen I will likely not see on my tv, to hell with bungie for making class specific exotics. I won't say never, but it will be a 100 degree day in the winter at bungie offices before I make another hunter. Since I already have everything else I can always pretend that holding aces doesn't exist.

My Hunter got the raid machine gun with the perk that allows it to get more accurate the longer it's fired. I basically got a legendary Thunderlord now that reloads itself now.

Also picked up the raid pulse rifle with Glass Half Full. Dunno how good that is.

Cool beans.

You might want to re-read the Thunderlord perk.

What annoys me most about the Artifacts is how you only have the option of one out of two 310 artifacts per character and, for the Hunter atleast, none of them are Int/Dic, you have to choose between a Int/Str and Dic/Str artifact. This means that I had to create and run through the Taken War Questline with another character in order to get a second 310 artifact to infuse into my Int/Dic artifact so that it could be 310, entire process was a pain in the ass.

I decided I didn't care and infused the 310 onto one I already had and liked. I have a 308 now and don't give a damn

In some irrational and inexplicable way, this time gate business with NTTE has really soured me on the entire game. I just feel like it's pointless to keep playing, more so than usual.
Gotta wait a week for the next step of the First Curse and god knows how long til I can get NTTE. I'm pretty sure the new hard raid gear is going to either suck or the drops are going to be abysmal. I have every exotic except the time gated ones and the ones that Bungie haven't flipped the switch on.
I can't even play crucible anymore because it feels broken.
I'm farming for fucking cloaks and guns I'm never even going to use for gods sake.
And yes, I'm tired of bitching about this game.

There's just no reason to keep playing til Bungie decides I can keep playing.

Edit: Oh, I'm at the top. Here's this cool thing.

8yyraIl.jpg

Derp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom