• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
But.. but.. Farming is fun right? R..right?
lmXMdU4.gif

Totally. All those streamers are doing it!

Edit: I'll be farming the Grasp tonight. I'm part of the problem.

E92 M3

These are really good ideas.

Thanks. Small changes like that are really game changing.

Didn't Bungie say something along the lines that artifacts won't just be an extra armor piece that simply add onto your stats. That they will really add to the customization?

lol, it literally does the opposite of that. No changes to physical appearance, slight boost to INT/DISC/STR, and useless perk.

Yeah, but turns out artifacts are completely useless besides buffing stats. In fact, it sucks completely that I don't have a vanity slot now.

Bogeypop

Need one more person for a King's Fall Hard Mode Raid tomorrow as soon as it launches. Must be willing to stick with it until we beat it
or until the entire group becomes exhausted and calls it quits which hopefully won't happen.

Afrocious

Question:

What advantages does the Hung Jury's third scope with the circle reticule have over the first scope?

I started using the third scope when I had just got my Hung Jury. Folks recommended the third scope, so I went along with it.

Some weeks later, I've come to the conclusion that the first scope is better than the third scope by a country mile because it has a dot.

E92 M3

Question:

What advantages does the Hung Jury's third scope with the circle reticule have over the first scope?

I started using the third scope when I had just got my Hung Jury. Folks recommended the third scope, so I went along with it.

Some weeks later, I've come to the conclusion that the first scope is better than the third scope by a country mile because it has a dot.

I love the third scope the most actually.

Daemul

I decided I didn't care and infused the 310 onto one I already had and liked. I have a 308 now and don't give a damn

Yeah, but Dredgen's Yor's Rose had the perfect stat roll I wanted it to be max light, so I grinded for it lol.

Hopefully if we get offered a 320 Artifact by Eris there's a Int/Dis one this time, because I don't know if I have it in me to grind again, not with Halo 5 and Fallout 4 around the corner.

KanameYuuki

Need one more person for a King's Fall Hard Mode Raid tomorrow as soon as it launches. Must be willing to stick with it until we beat it
or until the entire group becomes exhausted and calls it quits which hopefully won't happen.

I'm ok with the requirements.

What's the recomended light level? Do we know?
I got a 307 lock with all the bells and whistles.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Why are most streamers obnoxious shits who scream all the time?
Why is it so hard to just be bloody normal :(

I dont mind them screaming, what gets me is the bullshit notifications and shit they got,

WAAH WAHH SUB BLARAH

and

BLING BLING DONATION, YOU ARE THE TOP DONATOR BLING BLANG

plis

Yeah, but Dredgen's Yor's Rose had the perfect stat roll I wanted it to be max light, so I grinded for it lol.

Hopefully if we get offered a 320 Artifact by Eris there's a Int/Dis one this time, because I don't know if I have it in me to grind again, not with Halo 5 and Fallout 4 around the corner.

There will definitely be higher artifacts in the future, which is why I decided I didn't care about having a max 310 one for now.

GhaleonEB

In some irrational and inexplicable way, this time gate business with NTTE has really soured me on the entire game. I just feel like it's pointless to keep playing, more so than usual.
Gotta wait a week for the next step of the First Curse and god knows how long til I can get NTTE. I'm pretty sure the new hard raid gear is going to either suck or the drops are going to be abysmal. I have every exotic except the time gated ones and the ones that Bungie haven't flipped the switch on.
I can't even play crucible anymore because it feels broken.
I'm farming for fucking cloaks and guns I'm never even going to use for gods sake.

There's just no reason to keep playing til Bungie decides I can keep playing.

I feel like Bungie got Destiny halfway to where it should be, with regard to exotics. Rather than pray to RNGesus, there are dedicated quest lines, which is a good change. But nearly all of them have some bad steps (farming mats, etc.), arbitrary time delays (wait a day) or even more arbitrary time windows with which they can be kicked off. Get rid of these and these quests would be a lot more fun (I actually like having them doled out, but the gates that go up after they are out are really not helpful).

KodaRuss

Got a 310 Suros from Oryx last night which is awesome. I can finally stop killing myself with Touch of Malice in places I need to have my light level as high as possible.

Nah. You can just turn it in through the menu. Some others mentioned it above. No need to visit Shaxx. Not sure what's going on with you, though. So you didn't get any reward?

Not entirely sure. The only thing that popped up when I turned in the "complete 5 bounties" bounty was my Crucible rep meter showing I got more rep. Somebody mentioned it might've gone to my postmaster which is totally possible but if it did then the only reward I got was a meh legendary weapon because that's all that's in my postmaster right now.

NastyBook

Finally finished buffing this year one Payment VI, took it to the Crucible and went blow for blow with Nerwin's Mercy users last night. Can't beat Rodeo and Headseeker. :DDD

Daemul

Totally. All those streamers are doing it!

Edit: I'll be farming the Grasp tonight. I'm part of the problem.

I went to Twitch to see what was happening and I saw TripleWreck was streaming, I clicked to watch his stream only to discover he was was STILL farming Omnigul, the dude has been at it for nearly a week. I have no idea how he has the will to do it, I would have given up after 30 minutes.

E92 M3

I feel like Bungie got Destiny halfway to where it should be, with regard to exotics. Rather than pray to RNGesus, there are dedicated quest lines, which is a good change. But nearly all of them have some bad steps (farming mats, etc.), arbitrary time delays (wait a day) or even more arbitrary time windows with which they can be kicked off. Get rid of these and these quests would be a lot more fun (I actually like having them doled out, but the gates that go up after they are out are really not helpful).

Well, the negative side-effect of quests is that I can never get the Void Sword again without restarting. And that's a damn shame.

This stuff might boil down to preference, but I find myself way more accurate with the first scope.

It truly is all preference, because I hate red dots.

I dont mind them screaming, what gets me is the bullshit notifications and shit they got,

WAAH WAHH SUB BLARAH

and

BLING BLING DONATION, YOU ARE THE TOP DONATOR BLING BLANG

plis
Yeah, i turn them off instantly.
I do not mind when it is a bar at the bottom like cnn/bbc news but in your face is just crap.

Oh and mr streamer, i don't care what you look like or for your badly acted facial reactions, get tht shit off the screen you are blocking the game.

Mindlog

So the other day I mentioned that I finally unlocked Shaxx's bounties and that when I grabbed all five of them it already said I had 2 of them done. So I completed three of the five that I had grabbed and got...nothing. I thought after I turned in the "Do 5 of the bounties" bounty it was supposed to give me a reward.

Sooo where's my reward? Were those two phantom completed bounties just a glitch? I was planning on finishing the final two I have anyway to see if that gets me the reward. i'm still not sure why it said I had two completed ones already though.
Same thing happened to me. I turned in the last bounty and nothing popped up.
Turns out I got a whole bunch of Three of Coins. Odds are the same happened to you. You got more coins or motes.

The postmaster weapon is also possible, but it should be a decent light level.

blackflag

I'd be down. I took vacation tomorrow. I think I can be LL307.

casmith7509

Not entirely sure. The only thing that popped up when I turned in the "complete 5 bounties" bounty was my Crucible rep meter showing I got more rep. Somebody mentioned it might've gone to my postmaster which is totally possible but if it did then the only reward I got was a meh legendary weapon because that's all that's in my postmaster right now.

Yep, it can go to the postmaster. Looks like you got your "reward."

Bogeypop

I'm ok with the requirements.

What's the recomended light level? Do we know?
I got a 307 lock with all the bells and whistles.

I'd be down. I took vacation tomorrow. I think I can be LL307.

casmith7509

Kaname's in. I'll keep you in mind in case someone else in our group can't or doesn't make it, ManThatYouFear and blackflag, but I'm sure there will be lots of last minute groups forming tomorrow if that doesn't happen. Plus Deku Tree PM'd me saying the same thing since he couldn't commit to staying until we beat it.

Yeah

Black Spindle is probably the least offensive and most fun out of them all so far

blackflag

Kaname's in. I'll keep you in mind in case someone else in our group can't or doesn't make it, ManThatYouFear and blackflag, but I'm sure there will be lots of last minute groups forming tomorrow if that doesn't happen. Plus Deku Tree PM'd me saying the same thing since he couldn't commit to staying until we beat it.

Cool, I'll be on Destiny and in the thread tomorrow.

I would like it if the quests were really challenging. I feel thats why these quests are locked behind time gates and farming. They shouldn't be afraid to make an extremely challenging quest for the exotics that you will fail alot. That's just me though. I come from WoW, where farming for a piece not only required farming and waiting, but there were also some challenging, unique bosses you had to do with a team(Which I enjoyed more than the farming.)

Instead, the challenge is in either farming for hours or waiting for the next 'pop'. I mean, it's fine if they do it for some of the things, but do it better. Sleeper Stimulant takes time to decode, Lakshmi needs time to get the info from the ghost...let the player know when this will happen. For Sleeper Stimulant, give the excuse of 'Oh this satellite that connects to Rasputin passes once a month, this is the date it will happen', give people a head up. Give a reason for waiting that makes sense, and let the player know when they can do it so it's not sprung up on them.

They're so close to their original vision of exotic quest lines(I posted it a few days ago but the Thorn was originally gotten on Mars, whilst invading a cabal-infested vault), it just needs a little more clarity and less grinding.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone wanna do some CoO?
I got a bunch of level 1 runes and stuff i wanna get rid off.

Nothing else going on anyway it seems.

Still looking for someone to do PoE32-34-35 with :D

Nice one :)

I'm in the same boat, gaf members seem to be more trust worthy lol

Every GAF group I've been with has been fun and friendly. We may wipe a few times, but we usually knock it out.

I've been stuck on the Daughters all morning, in various DestinyLFG groups, and no one has been able to get through it. It's like I'm jumping from one pissed off group to another, and they can't get on the same page. Anyone makes a mistake, and you'd think they'd killed a baby. I just got booted from a group, because our second platform guy didn't activate his platform, and I got blamed for it. The attitude that came along with it has just about set me off MP for good.

Edit: Please tell me I didn't just top the page with a rant. That's just embarassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom