• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the move teeth.

Teeth.jpg

I like this movie.

Fun Ape Fact. About a month into dating my GF we went to Kuma's Too with another couple. For those that don't know, Kuma's Corner is a Heavy Metal themed Burger Bar in Chicago. Kuma's Too is their second location which is more like a resturant/bar. I had been to both locations before. Kuma's Too plays Horror movies on their Bar TVs. Teeth was playing when I went on that double date with my GF. There's nothing like eating a giant burger, while listening to metal and watching that movie while on a date.

Now, back to Destiny.

MikeyMike

Because it gives good drops? Idk, the way the current endgame is set up is all out of wack so people are relying on random drops to get to 300ish... omnigul must help?

They're trying to get a perfect roll for a legendary Pulse Rifle. Many streamers need to keep playing their staple game or they lose half the viewers.

I never really thought of the massive artifact upgrade wall. Only one 310, so you have to stick with whatever lame perk you get. In general, I think the perks are really underwhelming on armor in Y2. They did not do nearly enough to diversify builds. They started in the right direction with adding armor and orb buffs depending on elemental damage, but they are still stuck with the incredibly dull, INT/STR/DIS diversification. I think it would be fun to grind engrams trying to get that perfect legendary roll, but as it stands, it makes little to no difference in the long run. LL trumps all.

The glass needles are also really lame. On great, I have +2 more Intellect on my helm and one slightly different buff to reload speeds. What build diversification bro!! Ghosts have interesting new perks that can improve your Destiny QOL, but armor and especially artifacts remain unimaginative and dull.

Mindlog

Two things I expect from HM:

-Taken Captains
-Oryx using Grasp of the King aka no Supers for final fight
-Taken Captains
-The Daughters and Oryx fight will be merged
-Taken Captains
-Players will be randomly torn in the final fight
-Taken Captains
-Timer in the Warpriest fight will be reduced
-Taken Captains
-Taken Captains
-The ships in the jumping section will fire
-Taken Captains

And some Taken Captains.

No WoL bubble and people being under 310 when Oryx is 320 is going to be very bad for DPS purposes. Get rekt.

One would THINK Bungie tested HM while being under leveled for the final encounter to see that it could be done. It will be like the first time you cleared NM. A perfect run and by the end you'll be shouting and shaking from adrenaline. I'm ready.

KxoZz

Two things I expect from HM:

-Taken Captains
-Oryx using Grasp of the King aka no Supers for final fight

Expecting some Blights somewhere in there too. Blights in the air during the ship jumping puzzle blocking jump paths and suppressing double jumps and such.

Daemul

No WoL bubble and people being under 310 when Oryx is 320 is going to be very bad for DPS purposes. Get rekt.

Yep, I was very surprised when Oryx didn't use Grasp of the King during the fight on NM, because it would destroy the bubble strat, but I guess that's something better left for HM.

-Taken Captains
-The Daughters and Oryx fight will be merged
-Taken Captains
-Players will be randomly torn in the final fight
-Taken Captains
-Timer in the Warpriest fight will be reduced
-Taken Captains
-Taken Captains
-The ships in the jumping section will fire
-Taken Captains

And some Taken Captains.

And a hot plate.

GhaleonEB

I would like it if the quests were really challenging. I feel thats why these quests are locked behind time gates and farming. They shouldn't be afraid to make an extremely challenging quest for the exotics that you will fail alot. That's just me though. I come from WoW, where farming for a piece not only required farming and waiting, but there were also some challenging, unique bosses you had to do with a team(Which I enjoyed more than the farming.)

Instead, the challenge is in either farming for hours or waiting for the next 'pop'. I mean, it's fine if they do it for some of the things, but do it better. Sleeper Stimulant takes time to decode, Lakshmi needs time to get the info from the ghost...let the player know when this will happen. For Sleeper Stimulant, give the excuse of 'Oh this satellite that connects to Rasputin passes once a month, this is the date it will happen', give people a head up. Give a reason for waiting that makes sense, and let the player know when they can do it so it's not sprung up on them.

They're so close to their original vision of exotic quest lines(I posted it a few days ago but the Thorn was originally gotten on Mars, whilst invading a cabal-infested vault), it just needs a little more clarity and less grinding.

I think the issue there is just time and resources. There have been some pretty unique elements on some of the quests: the entire sub-mission for Black Spindle (which is actually challenging, or so I've read). The puzzle elements some of the others (like the knights that spawned into Rasputin's room) were pretty cool. But it feels like they just didn't have time to create enough of those kind of things for each weapon, or at least multiple things like them for each weapon, and so they were padded out with filler and time breaks.

My hope is that over time, the ratios flip a bit. And that this is part of the reason why they are going to dole out more year 2 versions of year 1 exotics over time: so they can build worthwhile quests around them. I think that's actually the next window into which we'll be able to see how much feedback to the exotic quests Bungie has internalized and reacted to. If more exotics come out in a month or two with time gates and filler, the same as this first round, then I'll be pretty disappointed. By doling them out gradually Bungie has the chance to make improvements to these kind of quests over time, and I hope they do so as there's great potential in them.

blackflag

Yeah I suppose being underlevelled bubble would be needed. I was just thinking as it is in normal no one even bothers to use bubble but that's because it is so easy.

Gordon

See you soon, guardians!

<3 Took Captain
I really hope you're all wrong about captains and they just spam us with psions or something - captains are fucking terrible

This is an area where TTK really excelled - making the Taken look more strange and alien. The Taken Thralls totally freak me out, like mannequins that change position when the lights go out.
They're so predictable and frustrating - they remind me of Halo Reach AI that activated when you put a reticule over them.

Daemul

What if the only differences in the raid are higher level enemies and randomly chosen runner?

I could see it happening

Meh, that wouldn't be as exciting. Bungie built HM first then dumbed it down for NM, if the only change was higher level enemies and a random runner for Oryx then I would be severely disappointed.

E92 M3

This is an area where TTK really excelled - making the Taken look more strange and alien. The Taken Thralls totally freak me out, like mannequins that change position when the lights go out.

Taken are actually my favorite enemies to fight. Would be happy if they are the only ones in the raid.

I really hope you're all wrong about captains and they just spam us with psions or something - captains are fucking terrible

I doubt Bungie will make us fight those spammers. Maybe during the dunking part, though?

Yep and that's why the Putin Supercell is 1000x times better imo.

Because of the precious PVP - we can't have any cool stuff.

Artifacts are essentially useless. They should have had perks like:

- Upon reload, there is a small chance your clip will be doubled
- Gain a small increase to jump height
- Grenades have a bigger explosion radius
- More weapon parts from dismantling blues
- Hold 3000 extra glimmer
- Planetary materials give extra
- Double rep
- Sniper rifle scopes highlight all targets
- On respawn, have 3 seconds of invincibility
- Spawn invisible
- Supers are stronger

Things that will change the game in a unique fashion, but until PVE and PVP are properly separated, that won't happen.

Where's the petition for these ideas :eek:

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They have nothing better to do.

aka they want a pulse rifle, and the Iron Banner one isn't good enough I guess?

There is no good reason to farm Omnigul. I'd rather just play a different game if there's nothing better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom