• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

I like this movie.

Fun Ape Fact. About a month into dating my GF we went to Kuma's Too with another couple. For those that don't know, Kuma's Corner is a Heavy Metal themed Burger Bar in Chicago. Kuma's Too is their second location which is more like a resturant/bar. I had been to both locations before. Kuma's Too plays Horror movies on their Bar TVs. Teeth was playing when I went on that double date with my GF. There's nothing like eating a giant burger, while listening to metal and watching that movie while on a date.

Now, back to Destiny.
Wtf did I just read?

This is all new to me, I have never heard of anything like this before restaurant wise.
Even stranger is horror playing while trying to eat food, just seems like vomit waiting to happen.

I guess I have lived a more sheltered life than I was aware of.

LiK

well, it's obvious there won't be revives since all previous HM raids didn't have it. that's gonna be a pain.

Laughlin

I like this community but seems like it's an 80:20 ratio PS4 to XBO >_<. Just makes it hard to find a group sometimes as an Xbox player.

Didn't there used to be a thread solely for finding groups to play with? This thread almost seems to move too fast sometimes for it to be easy here.

well, it's obvious there won't be revives since all previous HM raids didn't have it. that's gonna be a pain.

Eh, I never liked that. If you're going to make hard mode hard, then make the design challenging. Don't restrict a player by not letting them revive.

Every single piece of gear I am currently wearing on my main is 310, save for the ghost shell, which is 305. Just realized that I am pretty lucky....

I really hate that we are already back to the point where it doesn't feel like we are battling end game content, but battling the baffling decisions made by Bungie's live team. I hate that our progress in the game is viewed as a detriment to them.

phen0m24

Meh, that wouldn't be as exciting. Bungie built HM first then dumbed it down for NM, if the only change was higher level enemies and a random runner for Oryx then I would be severely disappointed.

VoG HM difference:
Add detain shields at Templar and Atheon
CE HM difference:
No health regen mechanic outside of gear

KF:
More relics to grab in the beginning?
Longer jumping puzzle?
Enemies shooting at you while on the ships?

I can't see them changing the totem or warpriest that much. The enemy numbers seem about right now.

Gorgon zola? Maybe they make all rounds Taken.

Timed piston / jump room? Nahhh

Daughters with what, more adds?

Oryx with respawning snipers?

I am just tempering expectations. I'm thinking they heard our comments about Atheon "we like to use teamwork for the Teleport selection" and let us do that in normal with the selected runner but randomized will be how intended in HM.

That and don't die which almost seems crazy considering the number of adds in some areas. Would like to see them add revive but maybe limit health regen to gear a la Crota. Health with orb pickup, etc.

E92 M3

I like this community but seems like it's an 80:20 ratio PS4 to XBO >_<. Just makes it hard to find a group sometimes as an Xbox player.

Didn't there used to be a thread solely for finding groups to play with? This thread almost seems to move too fast sometimes for it to be easy here.

Join Bad to the Xbone and also you can add me if you want: Trance Addix

that is probably the most annoying thing in TTK, one after the other

Taken captains spamming black balls at every platform of the piston jumping puzzle...

I just know it..

Taken Captains are worse than these guys with infinite stamina from Dark Souls 2:

maxresdefault.jpg

Wtf did I just read?

This is all new to me, I have never heard of anything like this before restaurant wise.
Even stranger is horror playing while trying to eat food, just seems like vomit waiting to happen.

I guess I have lived a more sheltered life than I was aware of.

Haha. If you're ever in Chicago, you should go to Kuma's. The food is amazing. For whatever reason, Too is the only location that plays Horror movies on their TV. I'm not sure why that is.

Warning this Link will take you to awesome pictures of awesome burgers. Do not click if you're hungry.
http://www.kumascorner.com/gallery/botm

Ok, that's all I'll say on Kumas. Back to Destiny. I don't think much will change in HM except, types of enemies and enemy level. The mechanics are so tight as is, plus it was built first.

Deku Tree

Bungie has more room to make hard mode hard, if they allow revives.

No revives is sort of super hard by itself, so I don't know how much other stuff I would expect if they have no revives.

flkraven

This seems like such a pointless mechanic. For the NM raid, it's pretty tough to recover from even a single death in most situations (and near impossible in some).

Someone dies at the totems, it's panic and mayhem trying to get the aura back and run back to the platform. At the Warpriest if someone dies it's less of a big deal, just need to make sure it's not the key-man and need to keep DPS going. At Golgoroth, a gaze holder death is brutal and if 1 or 2 others die it's basically a wipe. At the daughters, you need to be virtually perfect or it's a wipe (maybe able to survive a death depending on when it happens). Same goes for Oryx.

Overall, removing revives doesn't really add difficulty in any real way. It's lazy. It just means people will be quicker to say 'that's a wipe' and start again. We've already gotten accustomed to doing it without dying.

lt519

Agreed, the mechanics are pretty tight so there isn't much room to wiggle room to change things. Knowing they scaled NM down from the already built HM all I see them doing is adding buff/debuff/random torn mechanics and some ill-placed yellow enemies meant to screw with our strategies. Platforming sections may play out differently but I can't see the boss encounter core mechanics changing in any way. Low expectations, hopefully they surprise.

[wishfulthinking] I think the real fun will be when they start doing heroic raids with modifiers and having post game rewards making running VoG and CE relevant again. [/wishfulthinking]

Kyne

I really hate that we are already back to the point where it doesn't feel like we are battling end game content, but battling the baffling decisions made by Bungie's live team. I hate that our progress in the game is viewed as a detriment to them.

We are the 1%.

I know that by now that phrase has become a joke but I'm actually being quite serious. I have friends and roommates who just got into Destiny and the stuff that we're arguing about won't come to light for them for months.

I think that GAF puts in 2-6 hours a day on Destiny.. while your average gamer will probably stick to around 2 hours a day, if even that.

Bungie has more room to make hard mode hard, if they allow revives.

No revives is sort of super hard by itself, so I don't know how much other stuff I would expect if they have no revives.

And with Kings Fall specifically, some fights has little wiggle room. One person dies? Start over.

Crotas End and VoG atleast had some wiggle room. 1 person dies at Atheon? Keep going. 2 people die? Still possible, just more cycles.

LTWood12

Haha. If you're ever in Chicago, you should go to Kuma's. The food is amazing. For whatever reason, Too is the only location that plays Horror movies on their TV. I'm not sure why that is.

Warning this Link will take you to awesome pictures of awesome burgers. Do not click if you're hungry.

Ok, that's all I'll say on Kumas. Back to Destiny. I don't think much will change in HM except, types of enemies and enemy level. The mechanics are so tight as is, plus it was built first.

Those burgers look tasty. I looked up that Teeth movie. I wish I hadn't looked up that Teeth movie.

We are the 1%.

I know that by now that phrase has become a joke but I'm actually being quite serious. I have friends and roommates who just got into Destiny and the stuff that we're arguing about won't come to light for them for months.

I think that GAF puts in 2-6 hours a day on Destiny.. while your average gamer will probably stick to around 2 hours a day, if even that.

Yeah, all of my IRL friends except one, has already put TTK back on the shelf. Most of them stopped around 290 and never even experienced the raid. I feel lucky to be a part of the GAF and DGAF community. There's always people here to play with and everyone is super cool.

Frostburn

Am I perceived as a shitty player or an asshole on mic? Just an open question for those of you that have played with me, I'm asking honestly.

Taborcarn

Daughters is kind of a simple fight as is, a straightforward way to change it for HM would just be for them to get off their towers and fly around like regular wizards.

MikeyMike

VoG HM difference:
Add detain shields at Templar and Atheon
CE HM difference:
No health regen mechanic outside of gear

KF:
More relics to grab in the beginning?
Longer jumping puzzle?
Enemies shooting at you while on the ships?

I can't see them changing the totem or warpriest that much. The enemy numbers seem about right now.

Gorgon zola? Maybe they make all rounds Taken.

Timed piston / jump room? Nahhh

Daughters with what, more adds?

Oryx with respawning snipers?

I am just tempering expectations. I'm thinking they heard our comments about Atheon "we like to use teamwork for the Teleport selection" and let us do that in normal with the selected runner but randomized will be how intended in HM.

That and don't die which almost seems crazy considering the number of adds in some areas. Would like to see them add revive but maybe limit health regen to gear a la Crota. Health with orb pickup, etc.

I'm thinking :

- less time to dunk the orbs.
- an additional mechanic for totems.
- less stacks for Warpriest.
- an additional mechanic for Golg (6 bubbles or fail).
- bubble won't make you invincible for Sisters and Oryx.
- puzzles will remain the same.
- sprinkle more/different adds here and there.

Kuma's is dog meat in comparison to Owen and Engine

LTWood12

Haha. That's what HM KF is going to be like except with Taken Captains! It's actually an awesome B horror flick!

I cannot imagine eating a burger in a restaurant, with other people, while watching a movie about a Vagina w/ teeth that bites off penises.

But I'm glad Gaf brings different people like us together. If only this Benghazi panel would call a recess and go raid together, this world would be a better place.

edit: Next time I'm in Chicago Ape, I'm PMing you and we're going to this place.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I cannot imagine eating a burger in a restaurant, with other people, while watching a movie about a Vagina w/ teeth that bites off penises.

But I'm glad Gaf brings different people like us together. If only this Benghazi panel would call a recess and go raid together, this world would be a better place.

Sounds like the perfect night out ill never have with people i currently have around me :p

k1t4j

Yes, hello I'd like a God Dethroned a Harms Way and a Goblin Cock.

The cock is for a friend so please wrap it up nicely.

The delivery address is Madrid- Spain! :D, thanks!!

Kuma's is dog meat in comparison to Owen and Engine

Oh snap. I guess I need to go there ASAP then.

edit: Next time I'm in Chicago Ape, I'm PMing you and we're going to this place.

Of course! Drinks and food on me!

Yes, hello I'd like a God Dethroned a Harms Way and a Goblin Cock.

The cock is for a friend so please wrap it up nicely.

The delivery address is Madrid- Spain! :D, thanks!!

Haha. I don't think it will make the journey!

Frostburn

Played with you a few times and have always enjoyed it. Why do you ask?

Ty

Maybe it is just the speed of the OT threads but I've been posting and playing with GAF pretty much since Destiny came out and feel like I'm mostly ignored when looking for groups and such. I feel like I'm above decent at the game (In PVE anyway). Maybe it is more of a timing thing but especially lately I've had a real tough time trying to get groups for things either by creating a raid team or just trying to join one. I have always wondered if my presence on the mic was perceived as good or bad and if that had anything to do with it.

Right?! Sounds like we have some future baby seal murders in our ranks. lol

Zocano

Taken Captains are fun enemies. They're just not that great in for an encounter that demands that you stand in one place.

Maybe it is just the speed of the OT threads but I've been posting and playing with GAF pretty much since Destiny came out and feel like I'm mostly ignored when looking for groups and such. I feel like I'm above decent at the game (In PVE anyway). Maybe it is more of a timing thing but especially lately I've had a real tough time trying to get groups for things either by creating a raid team or just trying to join one. I have always wondered if my presence on the mic was perceived as good or bad and if that had anything to do with it.

I'm sure I've played with you a few times and I don't recall anything.

I think it is literally just the pace of the thread/timing.

I sometimes have the same hassle, so I wouldn't worry about it :)

Kyne

I've never personally played with you, but I think for a lot of people it's a timing thing.

I hardly even come to GAF for groups mostly because I have a lot of RL friends who play.. but when I do I'll peek in, post something, check on it for about 15 mins, and then disappear back to the game.

Usually it's just for the raid that I'll come in and look for people, but I like to have things planned so I'll usually ask people in advance for a later playtime. I don't have the luxury of popping in and just seeing what people are up to and joining them. :(

In general, Taken are my favorite class of enemies to fight, by far. Enjoy it quite a bit.

They are fun... until you get blinded back to back to back to....

Then i want to go murder Cabal. I Cant wait for the Cabal raid. My titan will finally be large and in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom