• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogeypop

All this Taken Captain talk has me thinking how they'll probably spawn a pair or more per platform during the Sisters/Oryx which will make it all the more vital to kill them quickly before you become overwhelmed by their Blight Balls considering you can't move from the platform.

Afrocious

I don't think there's anything to gain from speculating what changes will be in KF HM from NM, but I have a few suspicions since HM was apparently made before NM.

1) Less time to grab the relic and dunk. Also, considering how buff and debuff heavy Destiny gets in endgame PvE, I imagine the groups heading to the left and right will at some point have to switch sides. I picture dunking your side's relic will give you a debuff preventing you from grabbing that side's relic. Once all three people have dunked on your side, you swap over to the other side.

Another thing I could see happening in this part would be having to dunk the relic in a specific order. KF already has an emphasis on patterns and order, so I can see this being a thing.

2) In the Warpriest fight, I can see people standing on the glyphs being unable to stand on that same one. This would force slight rotations. I can also imagine when the aura is up, regular Acolytes and Taken Thrall are replaced by knights. This would make it so someone from the DPS group will have to tear away from Warpriest to help the aura carrier by weakening an enemy, but not killing it. The Aura Carrier would have to kill the enemy still.

3) I'll be damned if Single Gaze works still for HM Golgoroth. I don't know what will change here, but I can see where Hunters with Shadestep will be placed on gaze duty.

4) Sisters remain the same for the most part, but the wipe timer is reduced by 15-30 seconds and I can picture the Dimensional platforms going either clockwise or counterclockwise, so the jumper will have to take a second to see what direction they're jumping.

To make this fight even more bullshit, imagine the wipe timer and how it begins at 1 minute. Each cycle, that time goes down, so there's extra pressure to kill them ASAP, but being underleveled and undergeared makes this kinda difficult.

5) Oryx is definitely going to have people randomly picked as jumpers. Just to piss people off, the warp phase could happen at the same time as the AoE bubble phase. When folks are warped in to fight the Echo, they'll still be chased by the AoE.

LTWood12

Maybe it is just the speed of the OT threads but I've been posting and playing with GAF pretty much since Destiny came out and feel like I'm mostly ignored when looking for groups and such. I feel like I'm above decent at the game (In PVE anyway). Maybe it is more of a timing thing but especially lately I've had a real tough time trying to get groups for things either by creating a raid team or just trying to join one. I have always wondered if my presence on the mic was perceived as good or bad and if that had anything to do with it.

I've only played w/ you a handful of times but I've always enjoyed it! I would imagine it's timing mostly? Sorry you haven't had much luck lately.

Zocano

I see all y'all bitches waiting and holding off your post so that you don't end up as post 50.

I see it.

____

Also, y'all are forgetting that HM will have the "challenge modes" for the boss fights
and the true secret final boss.

Deku Tree

I see all y'all bitches waiting and holding off your post so that you don't end up as post 50.

I see it.

____

Also, y'all are forgetting that HM will have the "challenge modes" for the boss fights
and the true secret final boss.

oryx final form in the taken shadow realm.

rc213

Maybe it is just the speed of the OT threads but I've been posting and playing with GAF pretty much since Destiny came out and feel like I'm mostly ignored when looking for groups and such. I feel like I'm above decent at the game (In PVE anyway). Maybe it is more of a timing thing but especially lately I've had a real tough time trying to get groups for things either by creating a raid team or just trying to join one. I have always wondered if my presence on the mic was perceived as good or bad and if that had anything to do with it.

Im sure most people have had the feeling of being ignored because of the pace of the thread and timing. I've had it happen in the last week a few times, Sucks but I was able to get it done.

Anyone else feel like they need to expand the Directors usefulness, Instead of just telling you that you have x amount of friends in this mode. How about if you click on the Daily, Weekly, NF, Crucible it should ask you if you would like to join user1,user2,,, that have open spots for the activity? Then just add a option to disable that if you don't want random people from your FL in to your game.

I'm usually glad when someone on my FL just joins my Daily when I doing them.

lt519

DGAF is very active but people have also formed their raid, PvP, and reset teams and stuck with them since day one. I have friends on my list from GAF that are always playing with the same people, it can be very cliquey. Nothing wrong with that but it's part of the reality around here. The highest post count users are typically the culprits here, but rightfully so, they've formed good bonds with each other and want to play together. It just gives the appearance of a super active community but in reality the available player pool at any given time can actually be super low. So don't take it personally, sometimes it's legit a case of 6 people not wanting to raid at a given time despite the speed.

In general though it does move fast so you'll have to repeat yourself to get attention sometimes.

You are already on my friends list I think, rarbusto, even if I'm offline shoot me a PSN message and I'll get it on my phone.

E92 M3

You guys give Bungie so many good ideas lol.

Before reading this thread, HM was going to be just some more yellows and a Warpope instead of priest.

Now it will be Taken captains zero shifting around spamming balls of blight while Oryx is tap dancing on our ghosts.

Thanks DGAF.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Had to check your profile to make sure there wasn't some other US-Frostburn that wasn't you, but every time I've played with you it has been most good, most good indeed. For finding groups I suggest just trying to make your own format your post in a unique way that has some visible feature that people will notice while scrolling through the thread (like a
"1.
3."
list or some bold text.) and repost frequently. I sincerely doubt it is anything about you personally that means people are intentionally tried to avoid grouping with you. Timing is one thing (I feel like I haven't even really seen your posts much lately myself), and the community is just massive and unwieldy and the threads move way too fast. I try my best but it's not completely uncommon for me to miss a reply or add someone from PSN who was technically later than an OT post and it's happened to me plenty in the other direction top. It's never personal, just the way it goes.

lt519

Before reading this thread, HM was going to be just some more yellows and a Warpope instead of priest.

Now it will be Taken captains zero shifting around spamming balls of blight while Oryx is tap dancing on our ghosts.

Thanks DGAF.

I can't unsee pope hats on the daughters now

So after Ntte being unlocked, are all the exotic ttk weapons availabe now?
All the ones in the blueprint kiosk but not all of the ones they previewed (new armor, void lord, solar lord, etc.) I suspect that we may be Crux of Crota-ing our NTTE some time down the road to add arc damage.

TsuWave

ran the raid twice and got 300 boots, 300 fusion rifle and a 302 shotgun and both times only got 2 shards at oryx and both times i had 20 shards for the chance at better drop.

destiny is the worst best game ever.

i have completed the raid several times on multiple characters and only once got a 310 drop. double rng is such an odd and terrible decision. if they were going that route at least scale it to you character level, so say like if you're 303, your drops should have at its lowest your current light level. I've been stuck at 309 for the longest all cause my ghost shells and heavies, when i'm lucky enough to get a drop, never drop at 310, and the only reason i made it to 309 was due to using 310 exotics to infuse my gear. hopefully 309 is viable for hard raid and i'm not too much of a handicap for my team. also, there really should be another way of getting a 310 artefact besides that quest for people who don't run raids.

I know that fell bro. I still vant played with Lik or Nami

Afrocious

Thanks DGAF.

Warpope is genius tbqh

Born2Live

I would definitely say it's a timing thing. Things move so quick in here now it's easy for posts to get overlooked. As I've said the times I've played with you I've found you to be helpful and good company over the mic.

I've only played w/ you a handful of times but I've always enjoyed it! I would imagine it's timing mostly? Sorry you haven't had much luck lately.

Hey LT, saw you completed KF on the Vita. How did you find it? I've only completed it a few times but once I'm comfortable with the raid I'll start running them via remote play as it will allow me to be more flexible with the times I can raid. Are you set up for comms when remote playing.

Ty

Zocano

Hope it's this. I'm ready for the Speaker to show his cards too.

Won't happen till Destiny 2, plus they'd need a new voice actor. I doubt they just keep Bill Nighy on-call or something.

Actually, speaking of voice actors, I originally thought the guy that narrates the original Taken King trailer was Cayde but that's obviously not the case. It's not Toland either because we hear a different voice actor in-game. Osiris?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looks like one had to drop out for tonight's inaugural KF Newbie Raid.

If you can make it at 8pm eastern time tonight and would like to come, please send me a PM. Please do not ask for the spot unless you know that you can make it- if you aren't sure, but would like to be considered if we have any no-shows or otherwise need someone to fill in at the time we get started, please PM me asking to be an Alt instead.

First to PM will get the spot, minimum level is 285 (if you are close and really really want to come, PM me to talk about it).

Zocano

An obvious change that will come with hard mode Golgoroth is that each time the gaze is lost it will add a rune to the tablet of ruin.

That would actually be a really smart indirect work around to avoiding actually gaze passing.
I think that fight is great and loses a lot when people just circumvent the aggro passing mechanic

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian, the Speaker is selling the Cloud Walker Tribute cloak this week.

CR0KdtmWUAAYNk4.png:orig
:)

Thanks. I'd been checking every day just in case, but good PSA for anyone else who wants to be frabjous

Sh0k

All that Bungie needs to do for the Hard mode raid is to turn friendly fire on. I have been shot so many times in the back by my teammates that is not even funny.

Another idea is for the Runner in the Daughters and Oryx section, to have moving platforms.

LTWood12

Hey LT, saw you completed KF on the Vita. How did you find it? I've only completed it a few times but once I'm comfortable with the raid I'll start running them via remote play as it will allow me to be more flexible with the times I can raid. Are you set up for comms when remote playing.

Ty

When the connection was good it was perfectly fine. Right at the beginning it was lagging really hard so had to reset it. I wasn't on a mic but had headphones on so could hear the party. When I'm remote playing it's almost always in situations where I can't talk. Only felt comfortable doing the raid on vita last night because it was mostly guys I play with a lot who I knew didn't mind, and because T-44 was there so I could text him if I needed to say something that a wave or dance couldn't communicate. Without those two things I wouldn't have tried it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That would actually be a really smart indirect work around to avoiding actually gaze passing.
I think that fight is great and loses a lot when people just circumvent the aggro passing mechanic
6 chances is still more than enough to bypass the mechanic though :/ Really, what that would do is make deaths that much more punishing (because you need to factor in 3-or-whatever runes already).

I really really enjoy the "1.5 gaze" strategy I was shown last week, it's a blast and a great compromise between the mechanical complexity of 2 using all 6 orbs and the safety and simplicity of 1 with 1 orb.

The one change I really hope we don't see in hard mode is randomized runners for Oryx. I don't trust anyone else to run the relic. I've seen too many platforming deaths. :p

FStop7

Banned
Haha. If you're ever in Chicago, you should go to Kuma's. The food is amazing. For whatever reason, Too is the only location that plays Horror movies on their TV. I'm not sure why that is.

Warning this Link will take you to awesome pictures of awesome burgers. Do not click if you're hungry.
http://www.kumascorner.com/gallery/botm

Ok, that's all I'll say on Kumas. Back to Destiny. I don't think much will change in HM except, types of enemies and enemy level. The mechanics are so tight as is, plus it was built first.

The burger names are amazing, they could be exotic gun names in Destiny. I'd totally rock the Goblin Cock.

I think they should just change the dunking mechanic for daughters and oryx knight to a jump shot mechanic. Got to sink those relic shots from downtown.

Zocano

6 chances is still more than enough to bypass the mechanic though :/ Really, what that would do is make deaths that much more punishing (because you need to factor in 3-or-whatever runes already).

I really really enjoy the "1.5 gaze" strategy I was shown last week, it's a blast and a great compromise between the mechanical complexity of 2 using all 6 orbs and the safety and simplicity of 1 with 1 orb.

I thought that, but it's going to be hard mode and they're going to have more health, I would imagine.

Deku Tree

Is that where the second gazer just holds the gaze for like five seconds and passes it back to the first? Never done that mysel but read about it.

Namikaze1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182305868&postcount=18773

Hard Mode: Relic Holder is being chased by an Echo of Oryx while trying to retrieve the relic. Upon getting the relic and the buff from the knight, the echo shows up for everyone. Now you have to fend that off while trying to keep Big Ass Oryx's chest open for the bombs

Expanding on this post, the Echo of Oryx is mostly invulnerable during this. Only the relic holder can damage it but even then you don't do enough damage to kill it. It can only be killed in the realm Oryx sends folks to after getting his health past a certain point. While only the relic holder can harm it outside the realm, it can harm anyone heading off to detonate their bombs. The Echo's sword is a one hit kill. It also has the ability to prevent all bombs from detonating if the relic holder doesn't damage it enough to make it retreat to its realm.

Also, Taken Captains everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom