• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one change I really hope we don't see in hard mode is randomized runners for Oryx. I don't trust anyone else to run the relic. I've seen too many platforming deaths. :p

I'm confident each member of my team would be capable of being the runner, even though we've been sticking it on Teasing every time.

Am I perceived as a shitty player or an asshole on mic? Just an open question for those of you that have played with me, I'm asking honestly.

You're pretty good at the game. I can depend on you when you're in my fireteam and that's a huge plus. You're definitely not an asshole with a mic.

Is that where the second gazer just holds the gaze for like five seconds and passes it back to the first? Never done that mysel but read about it.

The first time I ran Golgoroth, my group did this and it was awesome. Two orbs per round. Front and back gaze grabbers. The front just alternates between front left and front right, while the back gaze grabber just takes if for a few seconds while the team and front gaze grabber resituate. Worked really well.

Afrocious

There will be 4 giant Oryx at the final fight and we gotta shoot the right one or else we wipe.

It'll be the one shooting the black balls at us.

There will be 4 giant Oryx at the final fight and we gotta shoot the right one or else we wipe.

It'll be the one shooting the black balls at us.

giphy.gif

I'm confident each member of my team would be capable of being the runner, even though we've been sticking it on Teasing every time.

Yeah I suppose that teams running hard mode should be experienced enough to be good at running the platforms. It will probably be easy enough to gauge skill during the daughters section.

All the ones in the blueprint kiosk but not all of the ones they previewed (new armor, void lord, solar lord, etc.) I suspect that we may be Crux of Crota-ing our NTTE some time down the road to add arc damage.

Void lord? I havent seen that one... And yeah wasnt NTTE supposed to have some elemental damage?

LkPr

Hard Mode: During the daughters and Oryx fight the Aura will not make you invulnerable to attacks but you still need the Aura when he slams. RIP ToM and hello adds.... everywhere.

God I hope not

Frostburn

You're pretty good at the game. I can depend on you when you're in my fireteam and that's a huge plus. You're definitely not an asshole with a mic.

Played with you a few times and have always enjoyed it. Why do you ask?

Ty

I'm sure I've played with you a few times and I don't recall anything.

I think it is literally just the pace of the thread/timing.

I sometimes have the same hassle, so I wouldn't worry about it :)

Neither as far as I can recall..

I've never personally played with you, but I think for a lot of people it's a timing thing.

I hardly even come to GAF for groups mostly because I have a lot of RL friends who play.. but when I do I'll peek in, post something, check on it for about 15 mins, and then disappear back to the game.

Usually it's just for the raid that I'll come in and look for people, but I like to have things planned so I'll usually ask people in advance for a later playtime. I don't have the luxury of popping in and just seeing what people are up to and joining them. :(

I've only played w/ you a handful of times but I've always enjoyed it! I would imagine it's timing mostly? Sorry you haven't had much luck lately.

Im sure most people have had the feeling of being ignored because of the pace of the thread and timing. I've had it happen in the last week a few times, Sucks but I was able to get it done.

Had to check your profile to make sure there wasn't some other US-Frostburn that wasn't you, but every time I've played with you it has been most good, most good indeed. For finding groups I suggest just trying to make your own format your post in a unique way that has some visible feature that people will notice while scrolling through the thread (like a
"1.
3."
list or some bold text.) and repost frequently. I sincerely doubt it is anything about you personally that means people are intentionally tried to avoid grouping with you. Timing is one thing (I feel like I haven't even really seen your posts much lately myself), and the community is just massive and unwieldy and the threads move way too fast. I try my best but it's not completely uncommon for me to miss a reply or add someone from PSN who was technically later than an OT post and it's happened to me plenty in the other direction top. It's never personal, just the way it goes.

Thank you guys for the feedback! I play with a small group of RL friends and family but when they aren't around (And even when they are sometimes) I typically try to group up with fellow GAF members. I never really did get into a set group with 5 of you guys for raiding on reset so that is probably another factor. Will just chalk it up to bad timing on my posts and such, just wanted to make sure I wasn't turning people off from wanting to play with me for some reason.

Sorry if posted somewhere already but the original Destiny soundtrack is up on Amazon Prime for free for Prime members. May have been for some time, just pop up on my recommendations.

MikeyMike

ran the raid twice and got 300 boots, 300 fusion rifle and a 302 shotgun and both times only got 2 shards at oryx and both times i had 20 shards for the chance at better drop.

destiny is the worst best game ever.

i have completed the raid several times on multiple characters and only once got a 310 drop. double rng is such an odd and terrible decision. if they were going that route at least scale it to you character level, so say like if you're 303, your drops should have at its lowest your current light level. I've been stuck at 309 for the longest all cause my ghost shells and heavies, when i'm lucky enough to get a drop, never drop at 310, and the only reason i made it to 309 was due to using 310 exotics to infuse my gear. hopefully 309 is viable for hard raid and i'm not too much of a handicap for my team. also, there really should be another way of getting a 310 artefact besides that quest for people who don't run raids.

I'd actually say that it's triple RNG...

1. You need a particular piece to drop.
2. This piece needs to be at a particular Light Level
3. This piece needs to have particular perks (My titan has the whole set but perks are all HC and Shotgun).

Number 2 isn't too bad if you've been playing like crazy and have a bunch of 310 exotics to scrap.

Kyne

here's my problem with taking away the invincibility aura during Oryx/Daughters..

.. ToM becomes one of the shittiest guns in the game.

Another change for Oryx is the timing on the brights will have to be much tighter. There's a decent margin for error now time wise which I expect to be reduced. Even if it wasn't timing will have to be tighter so everyone can make it to the bubble.

inthrall

Thank you guys for the feedback! I play with a small group of RL friends and family but when they aren't around (And even when they are sometimes) I typically try to group up with fellow GAF members. Will just chalk it up to bad timing on my posts and such, just wanted to make sure I wasn't turning people off from wanting to play with me for some reason.

Yeah I've felt the same way in the past, doesn't help that I tend to be playing during the Destiny off hours

Thank you guys for the feedback! I play with a small group of RL friends and family but when they aren't around (And even when they are sometimes) I typically try to group up with fellow GAF members. Will just chalk it up to bad timing on my posts and such, just wanted to make sure I wasn't turning people off from wanting to play with me for some reason.

Bad timing is most-likely the issue. Noone dislikes you.

Zocano

I'll be disappointed if HM doesn't have actual meaningful mechanical changes and is just number adjustments.

Also, I still need a HM group starting at 1pm CST tomorrow. I need it early so we can be it before ~7ish CST

I'll be disappointed if HM doesn't have actual meaningful mechanical changes and is just number adjustments.

Also, I still need a HM group starting at 1pm CST tomorrow. I need it early so we can be it before ~7ish CST

Same. Didnt Bungie state via a tweet or news update or something that they made Hard Mode first this time and took elements away for easy mode? Something like that.

Born2Live

When the connection was good it was perfectly fine. Right at the beginning it was lagging really hard so had to reset it. I wasn't on a mic but had headphones on so could hear the party. When I'm remote playing it's almost always in situations where I can't talk. Only felt comfortable doing the raid on vita last night because it was mostly guys I play with a lot who I knew didn't mind, and because T-44 was there so I could text him if I needed to say something that a wave or dance couldn't communicate. Without those two things I wouldn't have tried it.

Thanks for the reply. Seems like you had the communication side of things covered. I may wait until people are comfortable to have someone who isn't on comms before I try it on remote play. I've completed both VoG and CE along with other activities on the vita so I'm fairly confident I could complete KF on it.

Ty

Artifact that converts all your weapons to a certain type of elemental damage?

That's what i've been hoping for! Void/Arc/Solar-light infusion. One time use, ultra rare consumable that transforms any primary weapon's damage from kinetic to the respective burn.

I will make my Bad JuJu Solar... my Suros Void... and my Jade Rabbit Arc.

KanameYuuki

So, how much farming did it take for people to get their Flayer or Taniks cloak?

I got all 3 in like 1-2 hours to get all 3 with NF, before that, it was like 5 days just trying to get the void one. Taniks I'm just lucky with that one I get it so often.

And I got them all with my Warlock.

Zocano

Artifact that converts all your weapons to a certain type of elemental damage?

An artifact that modifies your damage type is what I've been saying they should use so that they can both give us elemental primaries and not give us elemental primaries. Because I don't think they are actually healthy for the weapon ecosystem.

edit: The downside is that I have also been saying that said artifact would convert *ALL* your damage to one element.

jaaz

My prediction is that KF HM will require specific environmental weapons and defense gear for certain encounters. Well maybe not require, but it will be very difficult without weapons and guns matched to enemy shields and damage from bosses. Members of your raid team will need to be geared appropriately to deal and take certain types of environmental damage. Example, the sunsinger warlock will take care of the solar shielded enemies, the arc bladedancer the arc-shielded enemies, the void defender titan protection against void attacks, etc.

I think Bungie has been slowly working toward this for some time, with the sunless cell exotic sword strike a harbinger of things to come. And now that everyone has a sub-class of each type of environmental damage, along with new armor that drops with defense against specific types of environmental damage, it's time to unleash hell. Good luck Guardian!

Owensboro

Update on the all newbie "We're all gonna die!" Kings Fall Normal Raid on Friday/Saturday: I'm still waiting on some responses of times, but it's looking like Friday at 9:30pm EST gets everyone in. It's a late start, but we can figure out a continue time for Saturday.

Here is what the current roster is looking like. The 6th spot is open at the moment, with DaveInc. grabbing it if he makes the light requirement.

1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) (Light: 297-299) (Titan)
2. DarKshodaN (PSN: Darkshodan84) (Light: 300+) (Any?)
3. Pandora 012 (PSN: Pandora012) (Light: 297) (Hunter?)
4. PSN: Xeyark (Light: ~295) (Hunter)
5. PSN: Nexcay (Light: ~295) (Hunter)

~a. DaveInc (PSN: ___) (Light: 278. Needs ~290) (Titan)
~b. tarzanpuyol (PSN: picklesandrobots) (Light: 294) (Warlock) (Saturday definitely, Friday possible)
~c. Emouse (PSN: ___)(GMT [+4 hours]) (Friday night a problem due to time)
~d. Moose_Wrangler- (PSN: Moose_Wrangler-) (Light: 276. Needs ~290) (Titan)
~e. Balboa

If anyone else wants in on a newbie raid let me know! We're close to starting up a second group! It would be awesome to get everyone in that wanted to go. Obviously, I won't take charge or any responsibility of group 2 :)

Afrocious

In the first part of the raid, players will have to slam dunk relics with immortal melee taken captains are lingering around where you dunk. The bridges you cross to grab the relics will have ten (10) taken centurions at all times. The relic will make your character slow and the screen will go dark. Getting hit with black ball will instantly kill the relic holder. If a relic holder dies, the dreadnaught blows up and its a raid wipe.

The ship jumping parts will have taken captains on each ship holding sniper rifles that shoot black balls farther.

the totem part will have taken captains up on the top floors. there'll be 20 of them with sniper black balls. standing around in the room where the totems are will cause your screen to get dark. the only way to get rid of the darkness is to stand in the circle where you dump the deathsinger buff stack. on either side of the circle, omniguls will spawn and a hundred (100) taken captains will run from the warpope room to kill you with black balls. the people in the circle have to kill all of them before they run down to take their totems or else its a raid wipe

warpope's fight will no longer have the slabs. warpope will be replaced by a giant taken captain who can dual wield black ball snipers. the only enemies that spawn will be smaller versions of this variant of taken captain. the floor will be poisonous. the only way to hurt the boss will be if you have a charged argonach rune. it will be a raid requirement to have this rune charged.

in the maze, you have 30 seconds to step on the platforms in the correct order or its a raid wipe. within the first 5 seconds, your screen will get dark so you'll have to navigate the maze blind.

in the golgoroth fight, all the adds are taken captains and they never stop coming. they're infinite (∞) and immortal. the gaze catcher will be blinded and gologorth will shoot big black balls at him. the floor is lava/poison so the dps'ers will have 3 seconds to do a million (1,000,000) damage on the boss. if one person dies, the tablet of ruin is complete and the taken captain warpope busts through the ceiling. you have to kill both the bosses within 30 seconds of each other or else its a raid wipe.

in the piston puzzle, the pistons are removed and they're replaced with taken captains on turrets that shoot big black balls at the players. the exotic chest here will shoot black balls at you if you go for it. inside the chest will be exotic wormspore

in the daughters fight, there's only one platform and the daughters are replaced by fifty (50) taken captains in the center of the arena. one person will be chose at random to be the jumper. the jumper will have to glitch to use their weapons and fight a giant invisible taken captain that's running around. this taken captain will use its black balls to one shot a player every seven (7) seconds.

the oryx fight will be time gated.

Venfayth

Holy butts I've been spending 2-3 hours every day for a week at the Court of Oryx and I just cannot get a ghost shell above 280. I am fucking doomed.

I'm at 298 light now, as soon as I get something substantial I'll be able to pop my exotics.

:(

Zocano

My prediction is that KF HM will require specific environmental weapons and defense gear for certain encounters. Well maybe not require, but it will be very difficult without weapons and guns matched to enemy shields and damage from bosses. Members of your raid team will need to be geared appropriately to deal and take certain types of environmental damage. Example, the sunsinger warlock will take care of the solar shielded enemies, the arc bladedancer the arc-shielded enemies, the void defender titan protection against void attacks, etc.

I think Bungie has been slowly working toward this for some time, with the sunless cell exotic sword strike a harbinger of things to come. And now that everyone has a sub-class of each type of environmental damage, along with new armor that drops with defense against specific types of environmental damage, it's time to unleash hell. Good luck Guardian!

They should have been doing this from the start and I like it. They need to incorporate shielded enemies much more heavily into the combat design without just being like THROW ALL THE SHIELDS AT YOU.

Deku Tree

Holy butts I've been spending 2-3 hours every day for a week at the Court of Oryx and I just cannot get a ghost shell above 280. I am fucking doomed.

I'm at 298 light now, as soon as I get something substantial I'll be able to pop my exotics.

:(

Do the raid and NF. Both now drop 300-310 ghosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom