• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Holy butts I've been spending 2-3 hours every day for a week at the Court of Oryx and I just cannot get a ghost shell above 280. I am fucking doomed.

I'm at 298 light now, as soon as I get something substantial I'll be able to pop my exotics.

:(
Have you done King's Fall? The chest right before the Warpriest has a chance of dropping a 300+ ghost.

vctor182

Any HM Raid groups forming for Friday night? I'm interested in running it after work, haven't the raid with my main hunter because it seems you can only get shards (and maybe other stuff) if you ran NM.

Also, my opinion for the new HM mechanics?

Taken cabal shield guys on every jumping puzzle. Pistons of death are now random and the holes in the labyrinth are too

6 chances is still more than enough to bypass the mechanic though :/ Really, what that would do is make deaths that much more punishing (because you need to factor in 3-or-whatever runes already).

I really really enjoy the "1.5 gaze" strategy I was shown last week, it's a blast and a great compromise between the mechanical complexity of 2 using all 6 orbs and the safety and simplicity of 1 with 1 orb.

You're welcome. :D

Born2Live

Holy butts I've been spending 2-3 hours every day for a week at the Court of Oryx and I just cannot get a ghost shell above 280. I am fucking doomed.

I'm at 298 light now, as soon as I get something substantial I'll be able to pop my exotics.

Nightfall or Raid will be your best bet to land 300+ ghost. My first time running the raid got me a 307 ghost.

Ty

Edit - Beaten!

Tecnniqe

Banned
sE2l7AX.jpg

All yellow bars too. >:)

:|
PS4, off.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Got a 308 Ghost from the NF yesterday.

FStop7

Banned
How were things changed for hard mode VoG? All I remember from watching streams is the Templar fight being rougher. People would camp out on platforms rather than try to engage the ads up close.

I did the NF and got 12 3ofC and 2 strange coins.

Feels like I got a gift voucher. Instead of actual loot, it's "here's your chance for loot at a future date".

Nightfall rewards should be a main reward like a weapon or a piece of armor, and then a second reward of 3oC, SC and Antiquated Ruins.

Is Hand-Laid better than Perfect Balance on a Scout?

I got two Treads Upon Stars with similar perks. Both have Hidden Hand so I assume the added stability would be better over range.

jaaz

They should have been doing this from the start and I like it. They need to incorporate shielded enemies much more heavily into the combat design without just being like THROW ALL THE SHIELDS AT YOU.

Yep, I like it too. I would be shocked if KF HM does not incorporate certain types of environmentally shielded and damage-dealing enemies into the encounters, that will essentially require fireteams to gear up accordingly, with fire, arc and void damage dealing and resist sub-teams.

In other words, you want to try Hard Mode? You're going to have to put more thought into your weapon loadout and armor than just what looks good.

exYle

I got all 3 in like 1-2 hours to get all 3 with NF, before that, it was like 5 days just trying to get the void one. Taniks I'm just lucky with that one I get it so often.

And I got them all with my Warlock.

Wait, you got all 3, then all 3 again in the NF? Were you farming in the lvl 20 version?

Zocano

How were things changed for hard mode VoG? All I remember from watching streams is the Templar fight being rougher. People would camp out on platforms rather than try to engage the ads up close.

HM VoG was hardly any different. The main things about HM CE and VoG were that they were leveled at 30 and 33 (the former people had an incredibly hard time getting to, and the latter was literally +1 the max level).

Namikaze1

Every single enemy that spawns during the Oryx fight in normal mode are getting replaced with Yellow Bar Taken Captains.

>:D

Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

**snip**.

Yo, are you two planning to run on Titan (Nami) and Warlock (Afro)? What light levels? I think Breezy is going Titan but haven't confirmed yet. Just trying to make sure all our ducks are in a row.

Jigga is bringing a 309 Hunter, Unstable has a 309 Titan but also a 308 Hunter if needed. We were talking about class balance and thought that one Warlock should be max since we need as many bubbles and tethers as possible: 2 Titans and 2 Hunters then a 3rd of either one. My Titan and Hunter are both 309 and I'm happy to run either.

Hype thrusters preparing for activation...

Kyne

Every single enemy that spawns during the Oryx fight in normal mode are getting replaced with Yellow Bar Taken Captains.

calm down satan

edit: btw satan-san,

can you stream HM tmrw on Youtube? I can't watch twitch at work :[

purg3

slept with Malkin

Also, if you don't kill them quick enough they now split and multiply. This happens until the game decides to crash.

Homeboyd

Hope HM isn't cheap. Having said that, we're only playing HM to get better/higher gear to do better in the HM raid as we're high enough now already to do everything else in the game. The difference between now and back when CE and VoG were alive is the gear in those raids were worth chasing.

There's nothing (that we know of so far) that stands out in the raid in terms of gear. Nothing worth grinding over and over for. Sure, all 320 stuff would be cool, but it's still only going to help you in the HM raid. Nothing you can get from there that you think "wow this will make everything else in Destiny so much better/easier" like with fatebringer, black hammer, found verdict, etc.

We'll see. But if HM is just cheap mechanics and over-leveled enemies, I don't really see the point other than just wanting to tackle the most difficult content out there just because.

Firthy

Does anyone fancy joining me and a friend for some Court of Oryx? I'm 2 calcified fragments away from the final part of the ToM quest and really need to charge my antiquated runes (I can't find stolen runes anywhere and aren't rank 5 with Eris just yet!)

KanameYuuki

Wait, you got all 3, then all 3 again in the NF? Were you farming in the lvl 20 version?

So, I was farming for 5 days lv 36 playlist until I finally got the void one just that one and I did not wanted to lose my mind with the other ones, then when it became nightfall I got Arc on my 2nd Run, Void again on like my 6th and Solar today after like 4 tries.

Afrocious

Yo, are you two planning to run on Titan (Nami) and Warlock (Afro)? What light levels? I think Breezy is going Titan but haven't confirmed yet. Just trying to make sure all our ducks are in a row.

Jigga is bringing a 309 Hunter, Unstable has a 309 Titan but also a 308 Hunter if needed. We were talking about class balance and thought that one Warlock should be max since we need as many bubbles and tethers as possible: 2 Titans and 2 Hunters then a 3rd of either one. My Titan and Hunter are both 309 and I'm happy to run either.

My Warlock and Hunter are both at 307. I thought about going for the 310 artifact on my Hunter, but I don't think I'll have the time to do so tonight (unless I can get the raid part of the quest quicker than I imagine). I'm also gonna be gone for the night mostly and unable to play Destiny until tomorrow.

If I got my 310 artifact on my hunter, she'd be 308 I imagine. Also, the only thing keeping my warlock's level down is the 299 helmet I got :(.

Namikaze1

I'll be bringing my 308 Titan.

If only the ghost or class item were 1 point higher to be 309.

My alts are 307 though I think I can bring one of them to 308 by infusing some gear. Can't remember which one it was.

Taken Captains are great, y'all just hate having to actually move in a firefight.

I just equip a solid solar shotgun (Dead Orbit's one, New Monarchy is nice also, or the Invective) and go full berserk towards them. The thing is not give them the chance to start spamming those black hadoukens.

Most taken capitains go down with two shots.

Hedera

first nightfall gave me 306 1000 yard stare with meh perks :(

at least i got the arc flayer mantle..

thanks hedera :)
A friend was doing it and I jumped in to try for another mantle again but no luck. I did get the scout at 300 though. It's something...

KanameYuuki

Something that I really like about taken captains and their black ball of grief is that I find the hitbox of that thing so spot on, you can seriously let it get as close to you and move around it with so much finesse, I feel so boss while dodging them.

j_rocca42

Can anyone help me with the imprecation quest line? I keep getting stuck at 6 head shots in crucible. We can team up and head into rumble.

Jito

Banned
Oh man these wait til next week for your reward quests are a real kick in the nuts, just spent ages getting last word kills, shotgun kills then running the shield bros on hard for the Chaperone, now I've reached the end it's like "lol wait til next week".

GutZ31

Doing strike playlist farming for Dust Palace, and Undying Mind strikes.
Anyone need flayer mantles or imago loop hand cannon?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is that where the second gazer just holds the gaze for like five seconds and passes it back to the first? Never done that mysel but read about it.
As long as it takes to get the next orb on the chosen side down. So if you're doing all the left orbs, you'd start by having the right gaze person take the gaze, then have the group get the front left orb down, then have the left gaze person take it, then at 5s left or so the right gaze takes it back, the group gets the mid left orb down, gaze is shifted back, and so on.

On the back left/right orb, the person on the "other" side (who would be facing golgoroth's back for that final 30 seconds) can jump in and help with DPS/add clearing as well before everyone gets out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom