• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Shiv47

Can anyone help with the two missions to skip the taken war champion stuff by taking me on them? Kings Decay and Entropys Pinnacle? I need that 310 artifact!

X-Frame

Before HoW reforging I must have had hundreds, if not over 1,000 weapon parts -- and is with being forced to use 16 weapon parts PER NODE on all weapons when there were like 6 upgrade notes.

Now there are 15 weapon parts requires in total per Legendary and 30 total for exotics and yet I can't keep up. Granted, there are a lot more ways to get Legendaries now and they drop more often, but there doesn't seem like any way for us to get extra weapon parts in response to that.

E92 M3

Really dumb response from that Bungie person. It's basically exactly what I said the other day, this Bungie dude is using the "average" number of weapons parts when they should be looking at the "mode" not the mean.

Too many weapons parts hoarders skew the average.

People like me ruin the average. I agree, completely wrong for them to be analyzing the average when making these sorts of changes. Comes back to the whole thing where data isn't extrapolated correctly. Bungie loves doing that.

They nerfed weapon parts when people only had 26?

Dude, 26 is a ton those hoarders need to learn how to play.

If 26 was the average why nerf it? An upgrade node is 5 on legendary and 10 on exotic. Infusion is 10 as well iirc. How is only being able to upgrade and infuse one gun acceptable for an average amount of parts in our inventory?

Need 2 for HM KF with some friends. Starting at Totems. Probably stopping at Oryx, but we can make some attempts. PSN: j2theizzay

edit: full

Another 3x HM done, another week without a HM ghost shell drop.

:(

Got a 320 chest piece and a 316 helm for my hunter though, that's a positive.

Strider

I said this in vanilla too but I still want destiny to just go full out reaper of souls and let the loot and materials rain down so we can just drown in them.

Destinys core gameplay is so fuckin awesome and there are so many fun weapons and gear to try. it's a shame it takes so much time to acquire and level up all that sweet loot :/

I know a lot of people will disagree with that tho because for some the chase is the part that is most fun

Pretty much done with all my raids this week and the ONLY progress I've made so far is going from 315 ghost to 317 ghost. No primaries in 2 weeks, never had a gauntlet drop, never had a helmet drop,

Two weeks of total stagnation. This is better than VOG forever 29 how?

KxoZz

Did my 3 HM raids.
Titan from 306 to 309
Hunter from 309 to 311
Warlock from 314 to....314

still no HM helmet :(
the grind is real

Pretty much done with all my raids this week and the ONLY progress I've made so far is going from 315 ghost to 317 ghost. No primaries in 2 weeks, never had a gauntlet drop, never had a helmet drop,

It's not better it terms of the gear climb, in fact it's markedly worse. What makes it acceptable is that being max level is far less important now than it was for hard VoG.

E92 M3

I said this in vanilla too but I still want destiny to just go full out reaper of souls and let the loot and materials rain down so we can just drown in them.

Destinys core gameplay is so fuckin awesome and there are so many fun weapons and gear to try. it's a shame it takes so much time to acquire and level up all that sweet loot :/

I know a lot of people will disagree with that tho because for some the chase is the part that is most fun

I agree 100% and have always said this.

ocean

Banned

The leveling system is better in two important ways:

1. Getting ready for endgame activities like NF and Raid used to be a fucking pain in vanilla. Chances at having a Lengedary armor piece drop were laughable. You had to grind your way to rank 2 with Vanguard or Crucible. And your only means were 5 annoying bounties at a time or a Strije playlist with 6 Strikes total, each giving like 20 rep. It was fucking ridiculous how long it took and how boring and tedious and repetitive it was. Now you'll sleigh inch towards 290 no matter what since engrams increase their quality fairly constantly up to that point.
2. Max level used to be both hard to get and super important. Now it's just hard to get but largely meaningless. If KF is hard for you at 313, being 318 will not make much of a difference since chances are pretty high your issue doesn't lie with the Light level.

And mind you, I think the endgame has never been this bad but for other reasons. The forever 29 situation was actually horrible since a large number of players were stuck at a flat 35% penalty when raiding.

neoism

All I will say about this what-funds-what and the purpose of the "live team" is that it's been weeks and Quiver is still broken because of the Shadowshot glitch and the Omnigul farming thing is still unpatched. And matchmaking in PvP is still as busted now as it was a year ago.

yup 100% this... it's not like they will ever release the amount of money they're making from the mircos it's probably in the low millions if the 25 million player base is to be believed...maybe just shy of 1 mill, but they should step it up if you ask me... fix things when they're broke and not just disable them making it the most lackluster subclass in the game and actually balance things that are OP cough (hammers) cough...

but take a developer like blizzard with Diablo III there's only been one expansion and zero micro transactions in the three years the game is been out, but every time they do an actual patch, they rebalance every class and add new things every time and it adds a few months to the game every patch with seasons included...all for free.. if you have the expack... why cant bungie do it more like them...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I beg for a raid helmet to drop from Oryx for my Titan and he gives me 2 exotic helmets at 310. I lol'd.

Drops were terrible for Warlock but Titan did really good. Still need some raid gear for Hunter.

310 exotic helmet
310 exotic helmet
309 rocket launcher
310 ghost shell
306 chest
307 mark
308 auto rifle
303 shotgun

Also finally hit 310 nearly 311 on my Warlock so hard mode is a go for me now.

Zocano

I've been chasing helmet exotic engrams for a while.

Thought I got one but it was in a dream I just had. BUNGOOOOO.

Top Bottom