• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Namikaze1

Shit drops on my Titan. -___-

Only decent drop was the 320 Fusion rifle. Everything is normal version gear or worse than what I have.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Woah checking out the data base stuff for Destiny. When are they releasing the consumables like Indomitable and Valorous? That shit would be real handy.

ich00

That'd be great. Got you on my friends list so I'll join when I see you. Thanks.

No problem, it gives me a chance to try out remote play on my android tablet. Logging in now.

If anyone else needs the hm totems cp I'll hang out for a bit.

Psn is ichabod00

neoism

They nerfed weapon parts when people only had 26?

yeah pretty much one of the bigger issues in the game I guess they just thought it would keep people playing but I just don't understand it when it takes me four hours to get enough weapon parts to max out a new exotic I'm going to do one thing...

not bother .....

you know I mean you really don't know how it's going to play when it's maxed out or feel it would be cool if there was like a preview option on every gun at least legendary and exotic's for like 30 minutes or less or whatever and it maxes out the gun and lets you try it out.
and if you like it and you can waste the hours it takes to get the parts ...
but seriously there needs to be more than a couple of ways to get parts which is just to do patrol or strikes it's too repetitive and boring I have like probably 1000 armor mats why not let me trade like 20 for five or some low number so I wouldn't get a lot of parts from it or even more... 7 SC for 5 parts... give us options.. bungie options and not just doing the same old thing over and over and over and over and over

These crucible test weapons are literally telling you to be a detriment to your team. Picking up heavy ammo with the test rocket is a dick move. It's beyond a piece of shit. You're foregoing at least 5 kills from a MG

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Weren't those the ones that were debunked as part of the microtransaction backlash? Like, they were originally toyed around with and then got scrapped?
Edit: Here we go. They were alternatives to the Three of Coins.

I wouldn't mind them being brought back to be sold by the Speaker or Xur for like motes or strange coins. Seems odd they would get rid of those but make it easier for exotics. Due to using 3oC I've now obtained all possible exotics in the past month or so apart from a few quest ones like Chaperone, swords and Red Death which wont drop.

neoism

These crucible test weapons are literally telling you to be a detriment to your team. Picking up heavy ammo with the test rocket is a dick move. It's beyond a piece of shit. You're foregoing at least 5 kills from a MG

lol yeah it took me like 15 games to get that piece of fucking shit done... why can't randoms wait for you whenever heavy comes up

<:|

X-Frame

PvP is so much fun with the MIDA. It's like reconnecting with a long lost best friend.

Screw looking like a try-hard, I don't even care. This gun is just the best bang for your buck weapon in the game IMO. Patiently awaiting the Year 2 version Bungie.

Sky Walker

HM loot for my titan was really fine :

320 chest piece
316 leg piece "The best thing ever.I was stuck with a 302 leg piece lol"
318 Fusion rifle "infusion fodder for Black Spindle"
314 Shotgun "Meh but another infusion fodder that might come in handy"

Thank you so much guys for the run.

Hi DestinyGAF,

I've been playing Destiny on the PS4 since launch (not long after I got my GAF account). I haven't been active in the threads much at all, though. So, hello!

I have mixed feelings about Destiny, honestly. I have the three expansions, and while I took a little time off between TDB and HoW, it's been a pretty steady grind, but I always feel like I'm not getting as much out of it as I could be.

Part of my issue is that I just don't feel like I'm any good at it. I've made it up to 296 light just by sheer time spent, and while that makes most activities fairly easy, I still find myself dying constantly.

Probably my biggest issue is that I don't feel that there's ever enough cover in most arenas. I always end up flanked by aggressive enemies and dead in seconds. Strike bosses like the Bond Brothers and SABER 2 are the most egregious examples of this, where reinforcements just swarm and there's almost nowhere to hide and heal. This is even with my character specced for max armor and an artifact defense boost for my class.

I'm a pretty decent gamer in most games - beat Souls, Halos on Legendary, etc. - however, in Destiny I just kind of feel like I'm dead weight. I haven't done any of the raids and rarely attempt the Nightfall, mostly because I don't know a ton of people playing it, but also cause I feel like I'll just be a drag.

This sounds like a pity party lol, but I guess I'm just venting. I'd like to play with GAF sometime, to see if I can improve and hopefully get some new gear.

PSN is JohnnySomething

I die all the damn time. No cares. I just have an aggressive play style. If my teammates revive me cool if not...cool. I wait 30 seconds or whatever it is. I just like to rush into mobs or yellow bar guys with swrods and shotguns and such. It's fun. You win some you lose some.

If it's harder content like Nightfall or the raid, just play it safe. All you really have to do most of the time if there is no cover is run and jump around like an idiot to regain your health. If there is cover, go cower behind it for a little bit.

On a lot of the guys when you aim down sights you don't actually take much damage for whatever reason while doing it. It's only when you stop aiming down sights or reload that you start getting pummeled.

PvP is so much fun with the MIDA. It's like reconnecting with a long lost best friend.

Screw looking like a try-hard, I don't even care. This gun is just the best bang for your buck weapon in the game IMO. Patiently awaiting the Year 2 version Bungie.
I have been holding off even using it because of Iron Banner or Trials but I'm starting to not give a shit. Best gun in the game by far.

Boolean Gemini is pretty close but not quite right.

Mindlog

Anyone for a Nightfall or 3? I'm sitting right at the boss of the first run if anyone's interested.

PSN: OwensboroEsq
Thank you very much. If you need help with your next one let me know. Don't need loot, but I can kick in some kills to make it easier.
Looks like you have a crew :]

I don't do the pvps, but I used it recently when running an alt through the missions from level 20 (or whenever it is you can use it) up to about level 34 or so bad guys. That's a fucking legit weapon. A powerful headshot machine with a quick reload. Easily my favorite gun when it's relevant.

Dunk#7

I sent chat invites to those looking for a Nightfall run. Nobody joined

Let's make this more formal...

NIGHTFALL

EDIT: NVM joined a team of 2

Top Bottom